• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who would you have to guest star on RAW?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Ever since that whole angle on RAW a few years with real estate mogul Donald Trump "buying Monday night RAW" from WWE chairman Vince McMahon. We've seen the elite of famous celebrities & pro sport figures appear on RAW. Okay some celeb's weren't of the elite i.e. Snooki, Jermey Piven, Pee Wee Herman. But some were and are big names like Floyd Mayweather, Shaq, Bob Barker.

But this Monday night on RAW from the Barclay center in Brooklyn, NY we'll going to get a visit from none other than Scooby-Doo(!). The WWE are trying to promote the new Scooby-Doo Wrestlemania DVD with "Scooby" appearing on RAW as the guest star. This takes me back to 2011 on Holloween night on RAW in where the Muppets guest starred on RAW to promote their film. The WWE is slowly trying to remove it's self from the PG rating era which is always talked about and among wrestling fans and the IWC.

But if it were up to you. Who would you have to guest star on RAW next? If the WWE could somehow grab NBA superstar LeBron James I'll be all for that! Wasn't he suppose to guest star at Wrestlemania 27 a few years ago?

Ron Jeremy...Ron Jeremy...Ron Jeremy!!!

Have I said that enough, The Hedgehog owes his fans and the WWE Universe an appearance on RAW. I'd like to see him finally stand up to someone like Hulk Hogan and challenge him to a clash of titans, after all if Hulk Hogan could fall to his knees courtesy of a Jay Leno arm bar...what chance does Hulk Hogan have against Ron Jeremy?!

Wait a second....who the hell is Ron Jeremy?! Where the hell did I even get the idea to mention that name?

Hmm...

Randy Couture would be fun to have on. He fits into the Tyson role of respected badass, getting a little physical if he was up to it. I'm not sure who I'd chose as his antagonist.

I think it would be tremendous fun to have Alan Rickman come onto the show, leave the faces and the divas waiting, and instead hang out with Bad News Barrett and discuss the ins and outs of villainy.

Conversely, Tim Tebow can be the good guy who falls prey to the Wyatt family. If you're looking for the only person in sports who's more of a goodie-two-shoes than Cena, it's Tebow.

For a comedy spot, team up Stephen Colbert with Mick Foley and Daniel Bryan. And a bear.

Kevin Hart.Not because he's tough because he definitely isn't getting beat up by Robin Thicke on Real Husbands of Hollywood.But just because it would be funny.Imagine him and a heel Big Show or him getting RKO'd by Randy Orton.He is good friends with "Dwayne" so this can happen.

Igh, the less celebrities I have to tolerate, the better. They are a slippery slope of hit or miss at best. I'm actually surprised to see so much enthusiasm for it, when in the past few years there have been threads full of comments sick of the celeb-guest star role. I know "the IWC" is not some hive mind and we all have individual opinions, but it's interesting to see how the tides turn.

Honestly, I'm glad to see that WWE has started treating celebrities like chair shots. They're selective about it. I don't care about every bozo b-lister who wants to promote their crappy TV show. It can be done well, providing it's done sparingly and by people who generally contribute, not just take airtime with a clip and interview on MizTV.

Now that I've gotten that out, I will address the original question. There's a few celebrities I wouldn't mind seeing come back; Arnold should be fun this week, Huge Jacked-man was very entertaining and helped get Zack Ryder over, and even Seth Green looked generally enthusiastic to be a part of the programming. Finally, I expect some flack for this, but I'm a sucker for the Muppets, and I think anyone who outspokenly hated their appearance doesn't know how to have fun watching wrestling, anymore. On a recent note, it seemed Aaron Paul was more interested in the Ziggler/Del Rio match than the announce team. I'd welcome him back.

I'd also like to see Neil Patrick Harris host, were he interested, but I worry the crowd might confuse him for Dolph Ziggler.

That being said, even if they stringed the mentioned names week after week, I'd grow tired quick.

Probably LeBron James. He's one of the most recognizable faces on the face of the planet, plus he's a big WWE fan. It would likely be a big ratings grabber.

It would be great to see a ufc-wwe crossover.
I mean it makes sense having top athletes on a wrestling show not cartoon characters.

Man I really dont want to see anymore childish characters on the show anymore, scooby doo? The muppets? Has vince gone mad?
The only people I want to see host raw is athletes, I mean how cool would it be to see jon jones or cain velasquez on monday night raw!

More musical talent. Have a new wave of Rock and Wrestling Connection, have small concerts with matches on the WWE Network. I heard Asking Alexandria will be on RAW soon, and although many aren't Metalcore fans, it still brings others who aren't usually watching RAW and add to the ratings some. I'm excited. Maybe have Lady Gaga come and have The Boogeyman puke worms all over her. Lol

Miley Cyrus and Kim Kardashian. They would bring a different audience to RAW and maybe help keep a new set of eyes on RAW as they try their soap opera storylines

Here is a really unique celebrity that everyone hates and wants to see him get his ass whooped, none other than Alex Rodriguez. It could potentially happen too because he's banned from baseball for a season. He would be a perfect heel and generate so much heat for a segment that you would probably barely be able to hear him. I'd love to see him make fun of Daniel Bryan and he just goes off on him and beats his ass.

Rob Gronkowski.

Fuck the MMA guys. Them and their fans take their shit too seriously and shit on wrestling constantly. Need to be world class athletes with character. You know, pro wrestlers who don't know they're pro wrestlers yet.

Rob Gronkowski.

Fuck the MMA guys. Them and their fans take their shit too seriously and shit on wrestling constantly. Need to be world class athletes with character. You know, pro wrestlers who don't know they're pro wrestlers yet.

Pro wrestling gets shit on by absolutely everyone. I think MMA fighters seem to have more respect for pro wrestling on average than other athletes.

Chael Sonnen, Ronda Rousey, Daniel Cormier, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Josh Barnett, King Mo, Sakuraba, Ken Shamrock, etc. All big fans, even participants at times.

MMA is the closest thing there is to a real version of Professional Wrestling, so it makes sense that they have plenty of crossover. Imagine Cain Velasquez coming out and confronting Alberto Del Rio, or Swagger and Colter. Alistair Overeem making an appearance to face off with Lesnar. Rousey coming in to face AJ Lee. Jon Jones would make a great cocky heel, but he'd probably want to come in as a face unfortunately. He could come out to confront Cena and declare that the real champ is here.

Hated just about every guest host they had, was one of the worst runs of Raw in the history of the show. But with that said, I hated celebs most of all, where as athletes made more sense, good ones like Shaq was done well teasing a match with Big Show. SO I wouldn't mind Lebron James, maybe Ray Lewis, Calvin Johnson, Tom Brady, Patrick Willis, Suh, I really think Suh could of been very interesting.

Personally, I'd strictly like them to solely use retired Wrestlers/Announcers/Managers. The "celebrities" seem to do their worst "acting" jobs when the are on WWE TV.

Personally, I'd strictly like them to solely use retired Wrestlers/Announcers/Managers. The "celebrities" seem to do their worst "acting" jobs when the are on WWE TV.
Kinda makes you realize just how hard performing live in front of an audience that surrounds you 360 that can chant things and throw you off and still have to perform really is. People can shit on wrestling all they want but when you strip it down and explain that they have a 5-45 minute show to put on live in one take in front of all those people, trying to make it look good fro every angle, doing something that can hurt you and does hurt...you can usually see the gears turning.

Nobody. When I sit down to watch WWE Raw it is to watch wrestling, promos, and other onscreen segments devoted to wrestling and the wrestlers who work for WWE. The Guest Host angle was one of the worst abominations to ever be placed on WWE Television. I hated it with every fiber of my being. The celebrities involved were for the most part frustrating, annoying, and/or akward. There were a few who were tolerable due to being legitimate fans of the product who appeared to be having a good time. The Muppets were also funny when they were used. Then there are the bad ones. Bob Barker, Al Sharpton, and Betty White come to mind as some of the worst ones. The bad guest hosts outnumbered the good guest hosts significantly and this angle was a colossal waste of everyone's time. I don't watch WWE Raw to see some celebrity hyping their next movie/show/book/organization/thing. I want to see WRESTLERS. So, my answer for who I would want to see guest hosting Raw is NO ONE. I have no desire to ever see another celebrity guest host. Those segments if there ever will be another, will be used to go to the kitchen to grab a smack.

Lebron James was the first name to jump out at me. Don't know why, it just feels right. Also like the Chael Sonnen idea as he can be worked into an angle where he takes a finisher or something to a huge pop (assuming the crowd knows who he is). If I was just to straight up choose my fantasy pick, it would be the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. Those guys are legitimate badasses and idk anybody who would boo the RHCP!

Rob Gronkowski.

Well if they did you'd probably be part of the reason. Maybe a select few do but generally MMA fans are the next biggest supporters of the WWE. As listed by the gentleman after you guys like Chael Sonnen and Rampage Jackson are big supporters and even dabble a bit in pro wrestling themselves. From that their MMA fans who maybe had a lesser opinion or didn't know much about it have become fans or atleast positive towards it, and that's on top of the many who already were fans(need I even speak of Brock,Severn,Shamrock).You don't need to take a crap on MMA fans and fighter to promote your idea for a guest since there's absolutely no relation. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Gronk but if that's what's fans like yourself want then let the people power flow and I'll support that.

As for who I would like to see, to name a few I'd enjoy Will Ferrell, Richard Sherman, Chuck Norris and Chael Sonnen.

Will Ferrell simply because he's hilarious, everybody knows who he is and I'd love to see him in some backstage segments with superstars.

Sherman because WWE is all about exploiting pop culture with it's guests and what's more enticing than the mos outspoken member of he current Super Bowl champion Seahawks. I'm not even a Seahawks fan but if any football player makes sense right now Sherm would be the man.

Chuck Norris because...well hell it's Chuck Norris. He's a huge star, many of his fans are also pro wrestling fans and I like people would get the same kind of kick out of it as they did with Arnold.

Chael Sonnen probably gets more comparisons to a pro wrestler than any other mixed martial artist that I know of that anyone else in the history of the sport. He's an enigma, he exudes entertainment and he'd be a great host who could spin a promo like nothing. Only problem is his relationship with Punk, but hopefully that wouldn't be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back