• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will be the next superstar to retire from WWE?

Who will it be?

• Undertaker

• Triple H

• CM Punk

• John Cena

• Y2J

• RVD

• Rey Mysterio

• Goldust

• William Regal

• Mark Henry

• Big Show

• None Of The Above

• Kane is not semi-retired

• Jerry Lawler is not retired dumb-ass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wrestlezones Top Heel
This may seem to be a dumb thread with a dumb question.Because only time can tell and no one can predict that but is seems like someone will in 2014

2008 Ric Flair

2009 JBL

2010 HBK,Batista,HHH (full-time),Undertaker(full-time)

2011 Edge

2012-Finally a break

2013-It appears Jerry Lawler has retired from commentary as he hasn't been at the table in weeks,and Kane (semi-retirement) (not that anything has been officially announced)

2014 theirs endless possibilty's of stars looking to hang it up

Undertaker 48 years old,he has nobody really left to face except Cena,Reigns,Lesnar,Jericho (at Wrestlemania) but he doesn't neccisarily have to.And injuries are piling up.

Triple H I honestly believe 98% at WM will be his last match.

CM PunkWWE rise I don't think he's been around long enough to retire.But same as Undertaker with injuries.

John Cena
I don't know what else there is to do for him but beat Flair's record or face Undertaker at Wrestlemania.But he can't break all the records.But I think he still has 2 or 3 years left in the tank.

Jericho He basically said Summerslam 2013 was maybe his last one.What if WM XXX is his last Wrestlemania.

RVD] His last run's in WWE and TNA were kinda boring so he need's to just do that last match already.

Rey Mysterio jr. Injuries,after injuries.

Goldust Many speculate that his match with his brother at Mania will be his last.

William Regal he's been in the business 30+ years he's too old and I don't think many people know's he's not retired yet he should be.
and ...
Mark Henry I really can't think of anything for him to do left.

Honorable Mentions
Big Show (we know he's not going to just continue to tease it.)

My choice is Goldust...this is definitely his last run. I think he just came back to help his brother get over than he will leave and they will probably put him in the Hall of Fame. WM30 will be the last time we see him

I dont see anyone else retiring except maybe Taker. I think HHH will continue to only wrestle at Mania like Taker does for at least 3-4 more years. Show isnt going anywhere any time soon. Regal hasnt had a match on Raw, Smackdown, or a ppv in awhile so I would consider him semi-retired. RVD will randomly come back. Cena seems like a guy that will wrestle until his mid 40's. Punk just talks alot of crap, this guy is not even close to retiring. Jericho will be at Mania this year and probably the next.

Im surprised that you didnt add in Kane. I think Kane may be done at this years Mania. His new character leads me to believe that he is close to retirement. WWE will be in alot of trouble in 4-5 years. The roster is really old right now. Everybody is in their mid 30's

.....um...why is Roman Reigns someone that Taker has to face? and I dont see him ever facing Jericho either. IMO he only has two left Brock and Cena.

My choice is Goldust...this is definitely his last run. I think he just came back to help his brother get over than he will leave and they will probably put him in the Hall of Fame. WM30 will be the last time we see him.
Had you said this at the beginning of his current run, I'd have agreed. But Goldust is in the best shape of his career, and further, is putting on the best matches of his career. The way he's going, even if he slows down over the next few years, he seems to have a solid 3-5 years left. He's working both Raw and Smackdown on a regular basis, and I doubt he would be if his body wasn't up to more. He's far from done, and there's plenty they can do with him as well.

Undertaker is another guy I don't see going anywhere, as he can wrestle 1-2 matches a year and still put on good performances. That's not bad money if you can get it.

Rey Mysterio hasn't even hit 40 yet, and while his best days are behind him, he's shown himself to be healthy and able to go, as his match at TLC, especially the closing minutes, can attest. Even if Rey begins to show signs of not being able to go full-time any longer, he'ld be perfect for an Undertaker type role of wrestling a few matches a year that people could really invest in if the build is proper. Another knee injury and he might be done, but as someone who's had more surgeries on the same knee as he(7), you can rehab that sucker hard and come back strong. Rey looks good, and he's being protected by working in tag teams.

HHH is like Vince, in that he'll never retire and will be wrestling into his sixties. As he's been for the past several years, he'll be selective about his opponents, which will enable him to keep his career going another 2 decades.

The idea of John Cena retiring anytime soon is a joke. If anything, Cena has worked harder and harder to improve his in-ring arsenal, which isn't the sign of a guy who's ready to hang them up anytime soon. Cena probably has another 5-7 years as a full-time wrestler left to go, and more if he wants it, because he'll work to ensure it happens.

Chris Jericho will do his usual piss and moan game, threaten to never return to WWE again, then make another surprise return. He takes enough hiatus' and keeps himself in good enough shape that he can continue his mini-runs as long as he feels he can keep up with the younger guys.

I know he works NXT, but William Regal's days on the main roster are over, unless they're in the UK. He doesn't really count.

Big Show is always a dangerous one, as his weight and age don't favor his knees or back very well. But he's shown a good ability to stay healthy, so I don't see Show being next either.

Khali doesn't have to do much in the ring, so he can and will continue to chop people for as long as he likes.

RVD has that exclusive rights contract where he only works so many dates, so I imagine he'll be back soon enough, and will be able to work well and stay quick on his current schedule. He really is one of the smarter guys in wrestling. He'll never be a main event player again, but he's a solid mid-card guy I could see winning a title or two yet.

CM Punk is the same age as John Cena, but people talk of Cena as having "one or two more years left", while Punk has "much left to do." Well, Punk did work some time on the Indy circuit, which undoubtably took a toll on his body. Still, I think Punk loves the business enough that he'll keep going as long as his body holds up.

For me, it's a tossup between Kane or Mark Henry. The fact that Kane returned and the only match he worked was a 2 minute squash against Miz tells me something's either wrong with him, or his in-ring career is severely limited from here on out. As for Henry, anytime he seems to gain traction, he's injured, and at his age, I don't think there's much left.

If I had to choose, I'd go with Henry. He's an incredibly large guy who hasn't been able to stay healthy in his upper or lower body, so I imagine his great promo that set up his match with Cena at MITB wasn't all a work. He closer to 'coming home' then people think, I believe.

Well i picked Rey as i think the next injury he suffers WWE will not want to pay him anymore money to just sit around rehabing for most of his contracts anymore. I hate to say it but he could be done at any moment.

As for the others i dont count part time as being retired so of the others i will go threw some

Y2J: I see him being a part timer guy for a few more years atleast longer then Rey

Big Show: I think he will be done within two years

Punk: I dont buy he is done after 14 and at most all i see him doing is taking off a year or two to heal up his body and get a break before coming back

Cena: Barring any type of career ender i see him going for another five to ten years but slowing down some in the next few.

Taker: I think WWE would like to keep him to WM 32 and aslong as his body can hold up i see that happening

HHH: This is a tough one as his body is good to go as a part timer for years and years but i wonder if the board would prefer him to hang up the boots for good. That being said i see him having a few more matches with his last maybe being in 2015 before officially retiring

RVD: I think by the end of 2014 he will be done atleast with WWE and would retire within a year assuming he doesn't need the money badly.

Goldust: While his run will probably end soon after WM i dont see him putting away the boots for good and doing some Indi work for a few years unless WWE offers him a backstage role.

Regal: I would love them to give him one last place in the sun maybe have a nice feud over a few months and win the IC or US title before retiring since the merging of the world titles ended that dream so a IC win would be decent enough for a VERY underrated man. I see him retiring from the ring within a year or two.

Mark Henry: By the end of 2014 i just have that feeling.

Pretty much a given, CM Punk is retiring within the next 2-3 years, he has been hinting about this for months or years. it's no secret his contract expires in 2015 ...With the amount of injuries and toll on his body, he has received this year it's clear to say Punk is leaving soon.. The man has nothing left to prove,and he's not staying in wrestling until his body breaks down, Cough,(Hogan and Flair) Punk already answered a fans question about this, said,those,are not rumors...

- WWE Champion CM Punk appears to be eyeing retirement.

After noting Sunday night via Twitter that he plans to watch the latest episode of AMC drama program The Walking Dead when he gets home "in 2015," a fan responded, "@CMPunk you just started a rumor that you’re retiring in 2015."

The WWE Superstar replied, “Ain’t a rumor if its true.

Punk: I dont buy he is done after 14 and at most all i see him doing is taking off a year or two to heal up his body and get a break before coming back

You don't KNOW the injuries Punk's body has been though this year! You lived in some freaking pretend fantasy land, where Wrestlers don't get tried of traveling 300 days a year and the toll that puts on their body.. Why the hell do you think Chris Jericho leaves each year..Guess what? How about,you say that to CM Punk and see what his response is? the man, has made enough money and is set for life, maybe he is dreaming about retiring in 2015. when his contract expires..

You don't KNOW the injuries Punk's body has been though this year! You lived in some freaking pretend fantasy land, where Wrestlers don't get tried of traveling 300 days a year and the toll that puts on their body.. Why the hell do you think Chris Jericho leaves each year..Guess what? How about,you say that to CM Punk and see what his response is? the man, has made enough money and is set for life, maybe he is dreaming about retiring in 2015. when his contract expires..

Punk has said in numerous interviews that the WWE is pretty much all he has in his life. From the outside looking in, it's all well and good to say he'll be fine retiring, he's achieved everything possible etc. But I can imagine he'd find all of a sudden adjusting to life without it difficult.

WWE gets criticism sometimes for running certain wrestlers into the ground, sometimes correctly, sometimes unjustly. But they'd surely accept Punk wrestling on a more 'limited' schedule in the future, rather than him packing it all in completely? If anything, the WWE would love to have Punk almost at their beck and call. Not around so much that he can continually be outspoken against the company out of character like he has been, but still around to take advantage of his popularity 'when wanted/needed'.

I don't see it for a little while yet, sorry.

So do try and come off as a asshole or does it just come natural?

I said what i thought and you felt the need to shit your pants in a sad attempt to look like you are somehow punks confidant and know exactly what condition he is in or how he feels when you attack me allegedly doing the same. All i did was say i wasnt sold on the fact and thought there would be a good chance after a year or two off to heal up he might return.. There have been many wrestlers say they are done then a year or two later they are feeling alot better and feel that itch to go at it again. But no you just assumed i am saying he isnt hurt and needs the money or you just brought up how bad he is hurt and him being set for life for no damn reason.

I voted Mysterio. He could be the nxt to retire, but more importantly, I believe the WWE would give him the opportunity to exit gracefully like Edge.

This may seem to be a dumb thread with a dumb question.Because only time can tell and no one can predict that but is seems like someone will in 2014

2008 Ric Flair

2009 JBL

2010 HBK,Batista,HHH (full-time),Undertaker(full-time)

2011 Edge

2012-Finally a break

2013-It appears Jerry Lawler has retired from commentary as he hasn't been at the table in weeks,and Kane (semi-retirement) (not that anything has been officially announced)

2014 theirs endless possibilty's of stars looking to hang it up

Undertaker 48 years old,he has nobody really left to face except Cena,Reigns,Lesnar,Jericho (at Wrestlemania) but he doesn't neccisarily have to.And injuries are piling up.

Triple H I honestly believe 98% at WM will be his last match.

CM PunkWWE rise I don't think he's been around long enough to retire.But same as Undertaker with injuries.

John Cena
I don't know what else there is to do for him but beat Flair's record or face Undertaker at Wrestlemania.But he can't break all the records.But I think he still has 2 or 3 years left in the tank.

Jericho He basically said Summerslam 2013 was maybe his last one.What if WM XXX is his last Wrestlemania.

RVD] His last run's in WWE and TNA were kinda boring so he need's to just do that last match already.

Rey Mysterio jr. Injuries,after injuries.

Goldust Many speculate that his match with his brother at Mania will be his last.

William Regal he's been in the business 30+ years he's too old and I don't think many people know's he's not retired yet he should be.
and ...

Honorable Mentions
Big Show (we know he's not going to just continue to tease it.)

Well I decided to fill some holes in your retirement calendar as there are plenty of notable moments (and some not that notable) that you forgot to mention. The red ones are the ones that affected the weekly television shows due to departing members from the main roster.

2007:
• Lita- Retired on Raw, but returned for a match later in the year, and a final one in 2012.
• Kurt Angle- Announced he couldn't continue wrestling due to health reasons and was granted an early release, which he used to go immediately to TNA as a big "Fuck You" to WWE.
• Linda McMahon- Retired as CEO and as an on-screen character.
• Dusty Rhodes- Retired at The Great American Bash.
• Bob Backlund- Had his last match on Raw and subsequently retired from wrestling.
• Steve Romero- Retired from interviewing and announcing to become a sports anchor.
• Dan Rodman- Retired and requested his release from WWE.
(Trinity, Lance Storm and Steve Armstrong retired elsewhere)

2008:
• Ric Flair- Retired at WrestleMania 24, but later wrestled elsewhere.
• Joey Styles- Retired from announcing.
• Jonathan Coachman- Retired from wrestling and announcing to go to ESPN.
• Torrie Wilson- Retired after a career-ending injury.
• Mike Adamle- Released from his contract and subsequently retired from announcing.
• Rebecca DiPietro- Released from her contract and subsequently retired from wrestling.
(Dory Funk, Scott Norton, Abdullah the Butcher, Test and Warrior all retired elsewhere)

2009:
• JBL- Retired at WrestleMania 25.
• Jamie Noble- Retired after Sheamus beat him to a pulp on Raw.
• Rowdy Roddy Piper- Had his last match at WrestleMania 25.
• Ricky Steamboat- Had his last match at Backlash and retired due to a career-threatening stroke.
• Shane McMahon- Had his last match on Raw. Resigned his position the following year.
• Jeff Hardy- Had his last match on Smackdown and continued to wrestle elsewhere.
• Tommy Dreamer- "Retired" on ECW, but continued to wrestle elsewhere.
• Tim White- Released from his contract and subsequently retired from refereeing.
(Sharmell, Koko B. Ware, Mikey Whipwreck, Kevin Dunn, Dr. Death, Molly Holly, Christy Hemme and Hillbilly Jim retired elsewhere.)

2010:
• Shawn Michaels- Retired at WrestleMania 26.
• Mr. McMahon- Retired at WrestleMania 26.
• Finlay- Retired after Batista beat him to a pulp on Smackdown.
• Batista- Retired at Over the Limit.
• Joey Mercury- Retired after a final stint on Smackdown.
• Bret Hart- Had his last match at SummerSlam.
• Mae Young- Had her last match on Raw.
• Chris Jericho- Semi-retired. Began as a part-time member of the roster.
• The Undertaker- Semi-retired. Began as a part-time member of the roster.
• DJ Gabriel- Released from his contract and subsequently retired from wrestling.
(Kevin Sullivan, The Iron Sheik, Chuck Palumbo, Lacey Von Erich, Ron Simmons, Chavo Guerrero Sr. retired elsewhere)

2011:
• Edge- Retired at WrestleMania 27 due to a career-ending injury.
• Michelle McCool- Retired at Extreme Rules.
• Triple H- Semi-retired. Began as an on-screen authority role and part-time member of the roster.
• William Regal- Semi-retired. Began as a part-time member of the roster.
• Jim Ross- Semi-retired. Began as a part-time announcer. Also had his last match.
• Kevin Nash- "Retired" at TLC from his last part-time run at Raws and House shows. Has since returned to wrestle on the indies.
• Brett DiBiase- Retired after a career-ending injury.
• Todd Grisham- Retired from interviewing and announcing to go to ESPN.
(Hulk Hogan, Taylor Wilde, Kamala, Jake Roberts, Carl Ouellet retired elsewhere).

2012:
• Booker T- Retired at WrestleMania 28 after a last midcard run.
• Beth Phoenix- Had her last match on Raw and subsequently retired from wrestling.
• Eve Torres- Had her last match on Raw and subsequently retired from wrestling.
• Jerry Lawler- Had his last match on Raw but has continued to wrestle elsewhere. It is doubtful WWE will allow him to wrestle again.
• Mick Foley- Has his last match at the Royal Rumble. Later announced his retirement due to career-ending injuries.
• Brock Lesnar- Semi-retired. Began as a part-time member of the roster.
• Tyler Reks- Released from his contract and subsequently retired afterwards. Will now run for Senator in California (LOL).

2013:
• The Rock- WWE has yet to confirm it, but The Rock pretty much retired at WrestleMania 29.
• Jim Ross- Officially retired from announcing.
• Rey Mysterio- Semi-retired. Began as a part-time member of the roster.
• Rob Van Dam- Semi-retired. Began as a part-time member of the roster.
• Kane- Semi-retired. Began as an on-screen authority role and (presumably) a part-time member of the roster.
(Charlie Haas, Kaval and Jerry Lynn retired elsewhere)

So who do I think will retire in 2014?? I'm guessing Rey Mysterio's semi-retirement ends in a full-time retirement while RVD will probably be written off unceremoniously to never return. Christian might retire too, he's had way too many injuries. I also think Jerry Lawler might retire as an announcer in the next year.

True, but it's not only that...... it's how long he plans to keep torturing that body of his. He keeps incurring injuries that keep him on the sidelines for an inordinate amount of time, yet he keeps on making comebacks. It makes me wonder what his financial situation is and whether he has to continue his wrestling career.

Even before his surprising world title reign, we read on the 'Net about him looking to retire shortly. Then, the championship belt was put around his ample waist and retirement plans were put aside. After he lost the title.....and suffered yet another injury.....I figured he was done. But, no.

That scenario was repeated a couple of times since then......and he keeps coming back; this time, fatter than I've ever seen him.

I like the guy but can't believe this can go on too much longer, anatomically speaking. Perhaps the next time he gets seriously hurt.....which shouldn't be long in coming.....he'll go down and stay down.

It would be better if he announced his retirement for real (as he did some months ago, as a program) and we get to honor him as he departs, but it's more likely he'll check out only after a bad injury.

It's either Mark Henry or Rey Mysterio, for sure.

Mysterio's knees must be absolutely wrecked by now after all the surgeries, as well as his other injuries. Henry, meanwhile, has had plenty of injuries himself. And his weight and size probably don't help, larger guys simply can't go as long unless they're utterly void of fat like Undertaker.

On the one hand, Mysterio has been around longer (in wrestling in general, I mean, not just WWE) and is likely more financially secure. But, as he showed at TLC, Mysterio can still go. He's still got some good matches and a Wrestlemania or two left in him. Henry, on the other hand, has done as much as he could. Plus, like I said, his weight plays a big factor, so I'll say Henry on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back