• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Will Be The Next Cena?

If I had to guess who the next Cena could be, out of the young stars right now, I'd go with DJ Gabriel.

You've got to be kidding me. Seriously, I hope you're kidding. Unless there is an alternative gimmick you're going to slap on the kid, complete with a brand new look, new moveset, new finisher, new music.. new make-over in general.. D.J. is closer to the unemployment line right now, than he is to being the next John Cena.

I haven't seen much of his in-ring stuff[/QUOTE]

Think Headbanger Mosh, only worse.

and have only heard about his gimmick and character.

Think Disco Inferno, only with even less ability and character.

He's playing a cocky young gun that thinks he's going to rule the world,

So, he's roughly playing what every young heel is trying to pull off, yes? That'll make him original in no time.

and fro mwhat I've heard, has a fair amount of charisma.

Sure.. Hornswoggle has charisma too, you want me to start a "who's going to be the next Hogan" thread so you could compare those two as well? I can see it now.. "Believe your fairytales and eat your lucky charms, they're magically delicious!"

If he's booked right, and is given a chance before too long, there's a shot that in 5 or 6 years, we'd be watching him in the main event.

If this ever happens, I'll literally eat it and say I was dead wrong. But I honestly don't believe with at least the current gimmick he has, he'll ever go beyond anything than the exit door.

Infact, sometimes you're just booked so piss poor, that you can never rebound from it.. and it kills your career. I think this gimmick will kill D.J. Gabriel.

When Cena first started as a face, he was over, and everyone loved him,

Would this be the "jobber" that came out to an open challenge of some kind to Kurt Angle, gained the Undertaker's respect, then lost interest in the fan's eyes within a three week span??

and you could see him moving on to the main event.

I gotta admit, when Cena came out in those lame tights. With nothing going for him at all, I never seem him going on to Main Eventing WrestleMania's.

However, when he started the "white boy rapper" shtick, he was quickly bogged down by the midcard.

So by "bogged down" you actually mean "moved up" to the midcard.. as opposed to being a complete jobber, at least at this point in his career.. he was a heel jobber, who was becoming someone.

The fact that he continued to do well, is probably the main reaosn he eventually got the push into the upper tier of the WWE.

John Cena's career came off of two things.

1. Shear Attitude mixed with hard work.
2. His mic skills.

I think it's way too difficult to say who will be the next Cena. When he debuted, he was pushed as a young rookie phenom. That's really all it takes to get over as a young guy. He followed a similar path to the Rock: be announced as a rookie with talent, be put immediately into the midcard and score some fluke wins. That pushes you immediately, but can also lead to the people not being that into you. Almost anyone could have that storyline. However, where Cena and Rock seperated themselves was with their drive. Anyone can be given a push, but it takes something special to do something with it. Right now, there's no way to really tell who will be the next Cena, as he came out of pretty much nowhere.

Why do wrestlers constantly need to be labeled 'the next (Insert Wrestler here)' How about instead of wanting them to be the next someone.. Focus on making that young talent himself, and help him reach his peak and get him over with the crowd that way?

WWE is at a point where it has so much young/fresh talent on TV and coming through devolpment. Alot of these guys are going to be huge on their own without being the 'Next' someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back