• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Should Be The Next "Top Guy" In WWE?

I have an issue with the WWE over this because they do not know how to properly push people. They made Dolph Ziggler a champion, and jobbed him later that night. He hasnt touched the title since. He has carried Money in the Bank for almost a year now, and havent even focused much on the briefcase, and when they did, it was 5th most important story line. Wrestlers like Christian, Drew McIntyre, Ziggler, Miz, Sandow, Rhodes, Dibiase and so many more are just over looked. Dibiase could play off of his father's gimmick, but no. The WWE gives us the Dibiase Posse...I'm not even gonna comment on how stupid that is. They paired Rhodes and Sandow in a tag team, a great way to cool down two good solo wrestlers. Miz was given the IC title upon his return which is a good push, but his win was lackluster. No one seemed to care that he won and he hasn't done much since he got it. Christian and McIntyre are in the same boat. Two phenomenal wrestlers who have amazing abilities who are sat in the locker room while untalented wrestlers like Big Show, Tensai, and Zach Ryder. Everyone backstage needs to be fired from WWE and lets get some real writers in there.

No one on this roster. CM Punk is too old and will always play number two to John Cena. Same with Randy Orton (unfortunately).

Sheamus isn't good enough. Period. He is a decent enough in-ring performer, but that's really all he has going for him. His look is unique, but not "top guy" worthy. It's almost too unique for that.

Ziggler is all flash and no substance. Very athletic, but can't tell a story to save his life. Not stellar on the mic, either.

Ryback... I love the guy. With that being said, he's already 30 years old and he isn't a proven guy. I think it's possible he'll be a top guy, on the level of Punk and Orton, for a year or two. Hard to believe he'll make it past that, given his age and one important factor - the smarks. He's just begging to be hated by smarks. Big, muscular guy who doesn't do flippies. They'll be booing in no time.

I don't think Cena's replacement is on this roster. I could be wrong and I hope I am (given my mark status for Orton and Ryback), but I don't think I see a "Vince guy" out there right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back