• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should induct HBK?

Chill

Championship Contender
With talk of HBK retiring after Wrestlemania next year and being inducted into the Hall of Fame, I've been wondering lately who might induct him?

Powerslam magazine noted that "Michaels has proclaimed that he would like Bret Hart to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame next year. Bret, when asked if he would do it, hasn't expressed much enthusiasm- not suprisingly. Still, Bret, deep down, is probably glad this offer has been made (whether it's sincere or otherwise): it gives him something else to complain about..."

So, do we think Hart will accept this apparent offer? Do you think he should be the one to induct Michaels in the first place? Or is there another more viable candidate to do the job? Maybe HHH?

It will be either HHH,Hart or Flair.They have all been connected in MAJOR ways throughout his career and if anyone should induct him,it should be one of these 3.

It'll be Triple H or Ric Flair. I don't believe for a second Bret Hart will do it. In fact, I won't believe it until I see Bret Hart on that stage, saying how much Michaels deserves the honor.

Triple H's career is so intertwined with HBK, it's crazy. DX alone made sure that they will always get the pop. It's no accident that Triple H does the crotch chop every other Pedigree. If it wasn't for DX, Triple H might not be here today. Especially with his horrible title reigns. He gets those tickets, but he doesn't get those ratings.

As for Flair, just because. They seem to respect each other so much, and HBK "retired" him after all. Though we all saw just how solidly that retirement took. I'm betting on a Flair induction, with Triple H a close second.

while it will be argued my most it will be HHH that inducts him i think otherwise. As far as it goes for me Hart will be the one they will make peace. Vince will want the ratings and this would do that. plus they need to end this feud there having. its for the good of the company and Vince needs to make sure it happens.

The names that come to mind are Nash, HHH, Flair. I know Nash is in TNA, but he maintains a very good relationship w/ WWE and Vince, so if the time ever came for him to leave TNA or what have you, I can see Nash inducting HBK.

Ideally but unrealistically, I'd love to see the whole Kliq induct Shawn -- and yes I'm including Hall and Waltman.

As for Bret.. I could see it (especially after he gave Shawn/Taker massive props for their match at WM25), but Bret, deep down, is still a crybaby and blames the WRONG person for Montreal.

Most likely it'll end up being Hunter, but i'd rather see Nash & Hunter.

I doubt Bret WOULD EVER do that. But you know it could happen, Bret has always been and always will be HBK's greatest rival. I'd love to see the rivalry end and have every forget about the Screw-job, but you never know the screwjob may be rekindled this year :eek:. I deeply hope Bret Hart inducts him! As HHH and Flair for me would be an over-rated let down (no offense).

i would love to see bret hart induct hbk and i could possibly see it happening. michaels said he wants him to do it and hart said in an interview that he is not totally against it but shawn would have to be the one to extend the offer. bret wouldnt sugar coat it like everyone does at the hall of fame year after year. he would tell everyone exactly how he feels about shawn but that he ultimately respects him.

just like rkoshouldvewon said, ideally i would absolutely love to see the entire kliq induct hbk. there would be good jokes good stories and a lot of respect coming from guys that would honestly and truely be happy and excited to induct one of their best friends. i doubt they would get all of them but i could see at least hhh and nash doing it. even though nash is with tna he is still good friends with vince and i don't think either party would have a problem with it.

ultimatley i think vince will either have hhh or flair do it but honestly i think that would be a pretty big let down. we see so much of hhh already and he inducted flair last year. and flair would be almost too obvious. bret hart or kevin nash would probly bring the most ratings to the show because neither have been seen on wwe tv in so long, that people would tune in just to see them

Hmmmm TBH either Hart for obvious reasons or Marty Jannety. Why? Basically it was Jannety who sprang HBK into stardom and kickstarted his career. Jannety was there for every moment in HBK's start in the business and stayed with him for many years and he the infamous barbershop incident really put the spotlight on HBK, thanks to Jannety. So yeah for me either Hart or Jannety.

For me Bret Hart would be the best choice. He would bring in extreme ratings and it would be good to see him one last time on TV. He couod end th feud with Michaels and leave everything behind them. I just don't see this happening though.

HHH will most likely induct Michaels into the Hall of Fame.

I just though of this as I was talking about HHH. What if they had HHH start the induction then say that he is out here to INTRODUCE the man that will induct Shawn Michaels and have it be Bret Hart. That would be amazing but, a loooooooong shot.

Triple H, Kevin Nash, and Ric Flair are the obvious choices. Although Scott Hall and Sean Waltman would also be possible choices. I doubt they'll get the entire "Kliq" to induct Shawn, but then again, they did have Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, and Chavo Guerrero Jr. all induct Eddie Guererro. So I guess they could get multiple people to induct Shawn, but I think they'll stick with one guy to induct Shawn. If not it'll probably be both Triple H and Flair, not the Kliq.

As awesome as it would be for Bret Hart to induct Shawn, it's just not going to happen. Not because Bret will never return again, because I don't think that's the case. I think Bret eventually will come back to the HOF to induct someone. More than likely Owen and/or Stu Hart. I wouldn't even be surprised when they finally induct Macho Man (the signs are there now with the DVD and all the attention he's getting on their website, including being added to the Alumni, which basically means he's on good terms with WWE), if they don't get Bret to come back and induct Randy. Bret has always admired Randy (he defended him and Mick Foley back when Flair criticized all of them in his book), and he often stated on TV that he felt he took Randy's place as the top guy, so he obviously admires him and probably considers him a friend. So I'll bet if Randy Savage or Vince McMahon asked Bret to induct him, I'll be Bret would be glad to come back and do it. Plus there was talk of him inducting either Stone Cold or the Funks this year, and said he would've gladly done it, but that didn't ultimately end up happening. But I don't think Bret will come back to induct Shawn. I'd like to think that maybe eventually they'll make peace, which is possible I guess. But if they do, it will be privately, not in front of the wrestling world by a HOF induction.

But there's one guy that no one has mentioned yet that I think is being overlooked......

Chris Jericho.

Shawn Michaels was Chris Jericho's biggest role model in the business, and he modeled himself early in his career after Shawn. From his look, to his outfit, to his wrestling style. That's why their match at Wrestlemania XIX was so great. They played on the idea that he is just like Shawn, and they were mirror images of one another. Plus, they've went on to have undoubtedly one of the top feuds of the 2000's last year. I think outside of Triple H, Hart, and Taker, Jericho has been one of HBK's biggest rivals in his career. Jericho might be a suprise inductor.

Another possibility is Vince McMahon himself. Shawn has always been like a son to Vince, and he's put up with more crap from Shawn than probably any other wrestler ever. Obviously there's a close bond between the two. Vince may want to proclaim Stone Cold as the biggest star in the history of the business like he did this year. He may want to proclaim Shawn as the greatest wrestler in the history of the business. It's possible.

But ultimately, I think it will be either Triple H or Ric Flair, or both.

I think it will be HHH he loves to steal the spotlight off people, though for once i agree he deserves to induct HBK.

What if it was Bret though, and then he screwed WWE over live infront of millions to get back at HBK, that would be priceless.

I can see it being HHH & Flair at the same time,and then they say they have a surprise inducter and out comes Hart,people in the audience start cheering stuff like "you screwed Bret" and "Montreal Screwjob.Then after the crowd settles,Bret stares into Shawn eyes for a few seconds and then embraces him with a hug,sayingall is forgiven and that he would love to induct Shawn into the HOF.

He never officially said he was retiring. He only mentioned it because thats when his contract runs out. I'm sure Vince will throw loads of money at him to work 30 or so dates a year. Like JR said, that hasn't even been talked about. Do you think that maybe he's taking all this time off now so he can last a little longer...If he loved wrestling that much that he came back after having his back surgically repaired, then I'm sure he'll re-sign an even better deal than he has now to work way less and make the same money.

I hope its not HHH. That would be too cliche and predictable. Bret himself said Shawn would have to apologize for him to consider it. Bret Hart beat a stroke so I'm sure he has a different outlook on life. If Shawn wants him to do it that bad when the time comes, he'll make the first move.

As interesting it would be to see HHH or Flair induct, they've had their time in the spotlight. Hart would be an interesting addition to the list, but I don't think he would do it. That would be my first choice, but also got to thinking of another choice that would be great and I came up with Jannetty. I'm glad to see a couple of others also agree on this too. Marty has seen his share of Michaels on the road and has been through so much with him. Not too sure how close they are now today, but Hart can do it, Marty certainly can. If it wasn't for the Rockers we would never have got The Rockers in the WWE. My vote is for Marty and would be the obvious choice.

i think I should induct him in. okay in all seriousness i love the idea of having the whole kliq induct him. Imagine the stories they'd have. and i think it wouldnt that big of a deal to have Nash there while hes a part of tna, its not like hes gonna be their champion or anything. itd be cool to see the whole kliq up there. as far as having Hart there, im not really big on that idea. it would just bring the whole montreal thing up and i think all parties have or need to move on.

I would say HHH would be the best choice because he is HBK's best friend. He can share the stories of how things have been with the wrestling business and give fun insight. Flair and HHH together would be great too.

I don't think Hart is a good choice because I can't seem him showing the enthusiasm and I don't think he would truly have fun with it like a true inductor would. Now a quick moment with those two would be priceless. Imagine Hart coming out during HBK's:smashfreakB: speech and they bury the hatchet then and there? The crowd would go nuts!

I don't see what the problem is with HHH inducting him. Its a Hall Of Fame induction not an actual wrestling program. Paul is a real life close friend and would probably be honored to do it. Sure Bret would make for interesting tv, but I am more interested in Shawn basking in the glory he deserves to rather than have Bret steal the spotlight. I think Hunter is the best choice.

Well, odds are very good that Nash will still be wasting away in TNA, Hall will still be hanging out with those idiots in ICP, and Waltman will be wasing away on the indy circuit, so those guys are out. While Trips is the obvious choice, it really should go to Marty Jannetty. As much as Shawn has done for him over the last 25 some odd years, you can bet that the real emotions will be there, and that makes for great TV, something Vince hasn't been getting right recently. Flair and Jericho are interesting ideas too, but Jericho doing it would be tricky being that they would have to somehow get fans to forget that Jericho pure, straight, hated HBK, damaging his cornia and deking his wife. And Bret Hart? I mean I know that we all have big dreams, but Hart is so bitter still, and we all know how much it took to get him to show up for his own induction, so odds are Hart is out. And as for Savage, if by some great mystical chance that he and Vince patched things up, then I see one of 4 guys inducting him: his brother, Lanny Poffo, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, or Ted Dibiase. Good stuff.

HBK, if it will be his last Wrestlemania, will probably go the way Flair did...be inducted that year. As of who should induct him...I can only think of four people...HHH, Flair, Bret Hart, or even Kevin Nash

HHH- we all know the history between the two: DX, the wars of the new millennium, the reuniting of DX, and they are best friends. It would seem the best way to even bury the legend of DX as well.

Ric Flair- We know how much it hurt Shawn to end Flair's career as a "in ring competitor"...it would be a way for him to move on from it. Flair said he would have no one but Shawn end his career, so flair should induct shawn to end his.

Hart- "The Montreal Screw Job" still lingers on today, as evidence shown when HBK competes in Canada, but it to would be a way to let that out as well, maybe even a send-off sharpshooter. That day changed Hart, even to the point of leaving the WWE, so it would be a way for the both of them to move on, but highly unlikely.

Nash- This is a good idea because of the past history....when they were partners in the early 90's before they imploded as a team. When Nash came back to WWE, who helped him revive the NWO? Shawn Michaels. This friendship runs almost as deep as HBK and HHH, maybe even deeper since both Nash and HBK are in Texas.

any option is good, but I say HHH or Nash

Hmmmm TBH either Hart for obvious reasons or Marty Jannety. Why? Basically it was Jannety who sprang HBK into stardom and kickstarted his career. Jannety was there for every moment in HBK's start in the business and stayed with him for many years and he the infamous barbershop incident really put the spotlight on HBK, thanks to Jannety. So yeah for me either Hart or Jannety.

I agree about Marty Jannetty! If any one should induct him, it should Marty! They rode that long road to stardom together! Sure HHH became his boy when the Kliq came together, but Marty was there from the beginning! That has to stand for something!

Predominantly when a person goes into the WWE Hall of Fame no matter what role they played in the business, the person who introduces them is someone who knows them better than anyone else, and will give the speech that will best summarize their career, and the impact they have had on inductor but more importantly the business. If you agree with me on this, then there is no way anyone can induct HBK better than HHH. Whether it was as a mentor or adversary, I am sure HHH would say no wrestler has furthered his ability to be the star he is than HBK. First as a mentor. In HBK's autobiography, HBK discusses how HHH when he came over from WCW followed the advice of mutual friends and went over to HBK and introduced himself knowing HBK would acclimate him to the way the WWF at the time did things!!!! Through their first period as DX prior to his back injury, HBK helped HHH hone his all around skills. Without that tutoring, there is no way HHH could have led the new DX to the popularity they had. Then they had a great program when they were able to sell after Shawn's return that they hated each other including epic matches involving not only themselves but other competitors. Then the second reign as DX together classic again because they were together with Shawn letting Hunter take the lead (wow I sound like a mark!!!! but hey I am!!!!) In conclusion without HBK, HHH would not have been the man he is. Therefore he would be the only person who can give the speech that although I do not like him outside of the ring can do him just on his in ring ability!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I would love for Hart to come back and induct HBK. It seems like a long shot, but I'm not counting it out. Jannetty would be awesome as well, but I doubt Vince goes with Marty. I think it will end up being Triple H and I don't have a problem with that. Trips and HBK are best of buds and I'm sure he has some good stories to tell. Nash would be pretty sweet as well if he happens to be out of TNA. And regarding Savage, it wouldn't surprise me if Hogan got the nod to induct him, though I think they are on bad terms, so maybe not.

In my opinion, Shawn deserves a group. I would love to see one guy start the speech (probably Flair) and then see it extended to a few others...for example, Flair, to HHH, to Nash, To Marty...then maybe have Bret Hart close it for a huge pop. That's the kind of induction that could headline a WM. But, maybe I'm just dreaming.

That would be awesome to see Bret Hart induct HBK into the Hall of Fame. But I doubt it would ever happen considering how they dislike each other. But to bury the hatchet between the two, that would be a good way. I liked the idea of the Kliq doing the induction but that won't likely happen considering Nash is in TNA and I doubt that the WWE wants to be associated with Scott Hall.

the whole m'fn kliq should. just like msg incident. would be awesome the stories would be great and its fitting. It would never happen in a 100 years but would make definite wrestlemania moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back