Who should have their own DVD's?

LikeABoss13

Occasional Pre-Show
In the WWE, they will make DVD's up the ass for superstars that shouldn't even have one yet like John Morrison, but they forget about the people that have had a long history of wrestling matches from like ECW to WWE or WCW to WWE or ECW to WCW to WWE. Well there are alot of people that have been in the WWE that should have had a DVD before they left for like TNA or another promotion. Here is who I think should have a DVD and why:

(1) - Kurt Angle
- Kurt Angle has had some of the most amazing matches in WWE with countless superstars such as The Rock, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, Edge, Brock Lesnar, etc. They gave him a DVD, but it wasn't really anything special and they really didn't promote it that much like they did with other superstar DVD's. He might have never competed in ECW or WCW, but he had a log history in WWE with tons and tons of matches.

(2) - Chris Jericho
- I rank Chris Jericho as the 2nd best wrestler of all-time with only Shawn Michaels beating him, but Chris Jericho has had 100's of matches ranging from ECW to WCW to WWE and they have yet to make a DVD for him. His feud with Shawn Michaels was regarded to be the best feud of 2008 and his match at No Mercy 2008 with Shawn Michaels was match of the year as well. He is long overdue for a DVD.

(3) - Goldust
- From WWE to WCW to WWE to WCW to WWE, he has had some good matches here and there and he has had a long history of matches from WCW to WWE. His feuds with The Undertaker, Razor Ramon, Vader, and Sheamus. His match was Chris Jericho from a couple of months ago on Superstars was regarded by Chris Jericho as one of his best matches in a while and praised that Goldust still had it. In my opinion, he should have his own DVD and not alot of people are gonna agree with me and I know some are gonna make fun of me for it or say I don't know shit, but I don't care really what other people think about my opinions.

(4) - The Diva's
- I think they should only have special matches on there DVD, like Bra and Panties, Lingerie, Paddle on a Pole, etc. I know alot of people would buy that DVD if that were the matches on it. lol.

(5) - Triple H
- I know he has had 2 or 3 DVD's, but I think he should have at least one DVD like the Rock's or Shawn Michaels where it's 3 disc's of only matches because his last one wasn't really good and I was disappointed.

Goldust is a great pick for a DVD. He has had some great matches over the years, been in some great feuds, and has great mike skills. He has been involved in a lot of great moments in the WWE. They should have a funny moments section because lord knows how many of those there are.

I also think that Raven should have a DVD. He has had awesome matches and memorable stints in WCW, WWE (WWF), and TNA. The Hardcore match at Wrestlemania 2001. He should absolutely have one.

Comment please, thanks

I know alot of people are going to be pissed but I think Scott Hall should have his own DVD. He had a good career in the WWE/F and in WCW, one of the founding members of the NWO. Also who could forget his famous ladder match at Wrestle Mania with Shawn Michaels. In the late 90's he was one of the best wrestlers that didn't hold a world title.
Kevin Nash also had a great career and deserves his own dvd. He is the only one who has a year long title reign.Ken Shamrock could use his own dvds along with the New Age Outlaws (Bad Ass Billy Gun and the Road Dog Jesse James).
Stone cold needs a better dvd on his career, I like the one that came out recently but i also like the biography like Jake the Snakes DVD he should have one like that.

I absolutely agree with picking Goldust as someone who deserves their own DVD. He's had a hell of a career and a lot of good matches in there. I personally wouldn't include any promos of his unless they were from the Goldust character because his stuff as Goldust in his first and second runs with WWE (2002-04) were great.

Another wrestler that deserves their own DVD is The Big Show. Big Show has had a good career as well. Even if you don't care for big man matches and are bored by them, Big Show has provided a lot of good memories. They should include some of his WCW matches as The Giant and of course his matches as Big Show in WWE. There's a lot of decent to solid matches, great moments, and hilarious schtick at times from this character that would be worth a 2 disc set.

Another person that should have a DVD is Shane McMahon. He had a ton of hardcore matches that would be interesting to see together on a DVD, especially for someone that has never seen Shane vs. Kurt Angle from King of the Ring 2001.

I would have a Big Show dvd (disappointed to have been beaten to this one lol), Brock Lesnar could have a decent dvd (though there may be one out already, but I've never seen it).
Also, I've never seen a dvd for either Ricky 'the Dragon' Steamboat or Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, but I would imagine they are both out there somewhere.
And one that hasn't been mentioned yet.......

VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON dvd!!!!

Think of who he has matches against, they are/were all main eventers. It would be worth watching just to see him get his ass kicked over and over again lol

Actually a Jericho DVD is in the works set to be released in the US this September. But it is long over-due. As far as the people who deserve their own DVD, I'm going with Randy Orton. He's been with them for what, 8/9 years yet hasn't had a DVD? He's had a ton of awesome matches, 6 time World Champ, youngest ever World Champion as well, Rumble winner, and was apart of one of the greatest stables at least in this decade for a year and a half. Cena's had what, two so far and there's another one in the works yet Orton whose been in the WWE roughly the same amount of time as Cena and has done everything Cena basically has only before Cena (Minus being a Royal Rumble and WrestleMania headliner though). I don't mean to bash Cena I'm just using him as an example over the DVD scenario.

Another choice would be CM Punk. Had a ton of great matches, multi-time Champion, made The Undertaker 'tap out', and at the moment is one of the top heels in the WWE and leading his own stable.

I agree with them all. Angle's DVD would be awesome but now that he ain't in WWE we won't see that one. Jericho's DVD is #1 on my want list because he is my 2nd favorite wrestler of all time only to Sting. He is the man and his book was awesome and I can't wait for the second one. Then Goldust whom is also one of my favorites every since "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes. I think they could do a lot with his DVD start as himself introducing it as Dustin and go until he turned into Goldust and them have him host it as Goldust. Crap, he could even change into Seven to introduce that short lived persona. This could be awesome from his days tagging with Barry Windham to heel Goldust and then Face Goldust. IT could be a very entertaining DVD with all his old skits. Getting stunned by Austin when he's dressed like a baby. It could be good. I see a lot of potential. Then ofcourse the divas could make some good dvds with all the stipulation matches over the years. Triple H I would like another of him and focus more on the career and it could be good.

Others:
Glenn Jacobs aka Kane. Show all his gimmicks but I guess that would ruin his persona.
Big Show: From his days in WCW as the Giant to now it could be an interesting DVD.
William Regal: From blue bloods to GM to now he's done a lot in the business and a good DVD could really prove his abilities.
Jerry Lawler: Hall of Famer with many years under his belt this would be nice.
Teddy Long: Strangely enought he's been around a long as manager, referee, and GM atleast a 1 dvd of bio would be interesting.

Legends:
Sgt Slaughter, Bill Watts, Lou Albano, Junkyard Dog, Bobby Heenan, Ted Dibiase, Tito Santana

Slightly off topic (and possibly another thread idea), how about gimmick match dvd's?

Imagine, the best ladder/HiAC/Elimination Chamber/Burried Alive matches all on their own dvd (you could have all the inferno matches on the Kane dvd though lol)

Or, how about 'The History of the Hardcore Title' dvd? That could be great, especially during the 24/7 defence rule.

Definately Jericho. He was one of the most successful wrestlers of the decade.

I'll say Golddust too. I'm not sure who would buy it, but if there's a market for John Morrison, there's certainly one for Golddust.

As for people naming Kurt Angle and such, it can only be a dream for now. WWE would never make a DVD of someone currently employed by TNA.

sting, angle, hall, nash, luger, big show, better triple h dvd, maybe a mankind dvd, ddp, maybe a british bulldog dvd, goldberg, orton

how about a stables dvd? with the nwo, hart foundation, corporation, ministry, corporate ministry, dx, four hoursemen, evolution, radicalz, and other great stables

just to piggyback on some earlier posts...

Chris Jericho has a DVD that is coming out this year.
same thing goes for Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat.

there is works of a Goldust book coming out, so it's not totally out of left field to assume that a movie could come with it. that would actually be really entertaining to me.

Big Show and Kane definitely both need one.
William Regal would be great too.

there is one out for Brock Lesnar and some older ones of Mick Foley. there's also one out of Andre the Giant. these are just a few of the ones i saw from earlier threads of requested dvd ideas.

also, there are some gimmick dvd idea already on the shelf and in production. currently, there is an all steel cage dvd, hell in a cell (pretty sure on this), ladder match and elimination chamber is soon to be released. so this is a great idea, but it's already out there.

there is one of VKM too. it had a really cool cover design. half as the Chairman and half as the wrestler. but maybe a remake as it was made some time ago and he's had some more feuds and matches since then.

Hall, Nash, Sting and Angle would all be great. but as already mentioned, it's not gonna happen while all are employed by TNA.

maybe Christian in a couple of years or just as soon as he wins the title and has his first successful championship angle and feud.

of the ones not already mentioned, i would like to see a Booker T dvd. besides being a great wrestler with pretty incredible championship accolades, he's had some really comic moments too. remember his feuds with the Rock and Austin, or his team with Goldust? great stuff to be had on an easy 3 disc set!

A lot of good idea's from you guys. I do like John Morrison, but can't believe he had a dvd out so early. Especially when Randy Orton has'nt had one yet - however i actuaaly like waiting as long as possible for dvd's of current stars, so they can fit more in. So the Randy one - when it comes will be good.
A lot of you have said about Jericho, and i completley agree, but his dvd is out this year.
One i would really like is a William Regal dvd. He as done so much in wrestling (not just in WWE) and his story about coming to America from Blackpool England would be really interesting to hear.
Another would be Christian, although it would be great if they would be able to include his story of going to TNA and returning, but they would'nt be able to put that in.

I do not know if he ever had one but if not I know it never will happen now because of obvious reasons but Chris Beniot had some great moments and matches especially in WCW.... Other than that how about Dean Malenko... he had some memerable fueds especially with Jericho and he still is employed by WWE (or at least was for awhile) as an agent.... Also I love the Big Show idea... when he debut in WWE as Paul White in teh Austin McMahon fued it was awesome when he threw Austin threw the cage at the PPV maybe St Valentines day Massacre?.?.?.... anyway many great Big Show memories

Thought of another one... Stephanie McMahon is in need of one... from the days when she was abducted by TAKER and sacraficed through the McMahon Helmsey Era (spelling??) through her role as GM!

Owen Hart for sure is my #1 pick. Angle would certainly be #2. Randy has been around long enough to have gotten one by now so mark him @ #3. Ted Dibiase had so many great matches so #4 goes to him. Scott Hall & Kevin Nash had great WWE & WCW careers so they should do a disc for each and an Outsiders 3rd disc. Christian had a great career in tag team and otherwise so I'd totally buy that. I'd love a Demolition DVD. Theres no harm in doing it, but please lets just pretend that Barry Darsow's career ended as Smash.

Jericho's has been over due for a long long time, so I'm really psyched for September.

i agree with most all of these...especially goldust, scott hall, and big show. all 3 have long storied careers. but one that i say should happen, is Chris Benoit. obviously, no one agrees with what he did, but get over it. it happened. its over. yea it was bad, but it doesnt take away what he did as a wrestler. nothing that he did to his family has to be mentioned or anything. just tell me what he did in the ring and how it ended in the ring, not how his life ended.

In a few years time, Sheamus should have one!

I mean c'mon, he took WWE by storm and became a strong main event contender. Granted he isn't very good on the mic but that doesn't hold him back in the ring!

In a years time, he could be the top heel of the company!

After Kurt Angle leaves TNA or retires, I can bet that WWE will make a DVD featuring Angle. For a time he was the best fucking thing ever to happen to the WWE and was (and to me still is) ranked up there with The Rock and Stone Cold as the best wrestler from 1997-2003. I can't say there never was a bad match featuring Angle, but out of the good ones, there are a plethora to choose from. Like HBK/Angle at WM 21, the Battle Royal on Smackdown for the World Championship, Angle/Lesnar at WM 19, and so many more. An Angle DVD has to come out. He is the only Olympic Gold Medalist in Wrestling History and he was in WWE. Of course it's gonna happen. Just not yet.

a dvd showing the transition of 3rd and 2nd generations superstars to the ones today

ex- show bob orton, ted dibiase, dusty rhodes, hart foundation, etc show how their sons have made it to the WWE, training, learning from them etc.

Randy Orton-
Why hasn't Randy Orton had a dvd out yet? He is long over due unless they are waiting for him to make another title run. He definitely deserves a dvd spotlighting his runs as Intercontinental champion, World Heavyweight champion, and battles in the main event scene with Mick Foley, John Cena, Batista, and Triple H.

Shelton Benjamin-
I know he is no longer a member of the WWE, but Shelton has put on some classic matches including, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Intercontinental title runs and feuds with Jericho, U.S. title feuds with MVP and R-Truth, and tagteam title matches with Haas. Yeah he has not put on main event type of matches but his matches are definitely some of the best undercard matches that are out there.

Million Dollar Man-
Hall of Famer who has great feuds with Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Virgil, Jake the Snake, and Hulk Hogen. You could feature some of his tagteam title feuds when he partnered with I.R.S vs. Natural Disasters and Legion of Doom

Hart Foundation-
I know that they just came out with this DVD, but they left out a lot of great matches. Each DVD should show case a different Hart member. You could have a DVD on Bret Hart's early years, Owen Hart's career, British Bulldog's career both as an individual and as a tagteam, and one on Jim the Anvil.

The Big Show-
He has been in the WWE for a long time and is longer over due for a DVD. If they can make a DVD on Kane why not the Big Show?

Top 10 Matches
How about specific WWE superstars have a DVD showcasing their own favorite top 10 matches in the WWE. Similar to the DVD they did on Shawn Michaels. I know that the fans have their own choice in what they believe to be classic matches, but what about asking the superstar themselves?

Randy Orton. Nuff said. He has had one of the best careers in a while. They could feature his stuff like the old news report about his shoulder, his evolution run, the legend killer, and now the viper. It could be a 3 disc set and feature everything. I would love to see one happen. An honorable mention would be (and yes this is a long shot, but I'm going for it) Crash Holly. He might not have been the best, but he made the hardcore title what it was.

I just saw all the comments and I can't believe I left out the Big Show and Randy Orton. They both deserve DVD sometime this year and here are some more DVD's that should be made.

(1) - History of the Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight Titles
- The Light Heavyweight title was the WWE's cruiserweight title, while the WCW Crusierweight title was the WWE's Light Heavyweight title. Both had amazing matches before they got merged with each other. Most of the matches with these titles on the line were very exciting to watch like when Taka Michinoku faced Essa Rios (who was Aguila) at WrestleMania 14 or Billy Kidman vs X-Pac at Invasion.

(2) - History of the European Title
- European title was very big back in the day and was in my opinion considered as big as the Intercontinental title. But some greats have held this title like Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Al Snow, Al Snow, Owen Hard, British Bulldog, etc. And some of the matches that were put on for the title were outstanding to say the least.

(3) - History of the Tag Team Titles
- Where do I begin with this one? Tag Team Championship matches are always kind of exciting depending on the tag teams in the match, like I don't think a match involving real tag teams like the APA vs Kai En Tai would be a classic because we all know APA would win, but thats for example. But some matches involving the Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian, APA, Undertaker and Kane, New Age Outlaws, The Rock 'n' Sock Connection, The Legion of Doom, etc.

(4) - History of the Hardcore Title
- Many Hardcore title changes and some good matches too. Everyone knows that this would be one hell of a DVD.

(5) - King of the Ring Anthology
- I would say most people would list this as their 2nd or 3rd favorite pay-per-view next to the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania and the WWE took what we loved away from us and instead brought it back for a 1 night only piece of crap tournament on Raw and SmackDown. Anyways, the King of the Ring propelled some of the most famous and exciting wrestlers such as Triple H, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Edge, and Brock Lesnar with Billy Gun being the only one to become nothing more than a tag team champion for life. But some of the matches were classics and really amazing to watch.

To agree with an earlier post, a factions DVD would be awesome. There was already an Individual Four Horseman DVD, and the DX DVD, as well as coverage of the nWo in the greatest stars of the 90's DVD and WCW DVD, but i'd like to see one talk about The Hart Foundation, Evolution, The Nation of Domination, The Corporate Ministry, The Brood and so many of the others that haven't been covered in DVD form. Another I'd like to see is a more in depth Austin DVD similar to the Guerrero and Benoit DVDs that not only focuses on the matches but has some more story about the man behind "Austin 3:16." Also a best of Title matches would be good too. We've gotten histories, but i'd like to see a DVD that focuses on those epic title matches from PPV and on Raw that we get clips of but not whole matches on the DVDs.

Great topic and you guys have had some good suggestions. I would have said Jericho, but the news came out recently that they are working on one for him. About time! Very much looking forward to that . I don`t think Kurt Angle will happen as long as he`s with TNA, but he deserves a DVD. Had tons of great matches and entertaining moments. It is definitely surprising that Randy Orton hasn`t had one yet, but I`m sure it`s coming in the near future. Now that some of you bring it up, it`s also pretty surprising that Big Show and Kane haven`t had DVD`s. They`ve both been with WWE for a long time now. I`d like to see them do one for William Regal. There`s tons of material to choose from cause he`s wrestled in so many different places. Plus there`s all the funny , entertaining stuff he`s done. I also think he has a really interesting story. Starting out as a teenager in England, making his way over here to the states, drug issues, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back