• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should get their first title run

CleverName51

Little Jimmy
The title of the thread says it all. Who should get their first title run (with any title). The rule is that this person has never held a title before of any kind.

I based it off this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=155643 on who should get a last run.

For me: the person who I think should get their first title run is Wade Barrett. He's been in multiple main events but never actually won a title. Give him the IC title and rebuild him back to the main event status.

Note: Please don't say Alberto Del Rio (title shot pending)

Absolutely agree has to be Barrett. We have watch him get passed up by the miz and ziggler. He was arguably was the mvp of raw throughout the the last 6 months on raw in 2010. Yet they give miz the belt instead when he was dominating raw. He is great on the mic and pretty solid on the ring. He has a nice finisher too in wasteland.

I really can't think of a person. I'm not a big fan of Barrett, but I guess he is the only one that comes to mind. Maybe Evan Borne, if they every give him a push again. He would be a good IC or US champ.

Umm CHRISTIAN?? I'm surprised nobody has mentioned him. He has been with this company forever and deserves to be WWE/World Champion. But that's just my opinion...:suspic:

I agree with Sockpuppet [above]. Christian totally deserves a WORLD title reign. But hes already held the Tag Team & Intercontinental titles. I think Slater & Gabriel deserve SINGLES titles. Once Nexus/Corre is over, I hope they get pushed.

For a major title im assuming. I have to go with Ted Dibiase. I think having a title run will build his character, and improve his skills. Is he the best for a run, probably not but im rooting for him because i think hes good. Barret is nice, but i felt that he would be better off without a group as champion, because i do think hes got something.

A good question. Hasn't held any title? Alex Riley comes to mind, after this Miz thing is done, he's got the talents for a mid card belt to test the waters for the big titles. Evan Bourne once he comes back I think should get a bigger mid card push as well, he hasn't spent enough time on the mic to demonstrate he's ready to do more than the get main event rub from time to time.

John Morrison. I'm hoping Miz retains at Wrestlemania (obviously shenanigans ensue) and moves on to feud with Morrison who comes out of Wrestlemania with MitB, leading up to him cashing in for a LEGIT match at Summerslam to win the title. That would be AMAZING. Morrison deserves the title, but I actually do doubt that my little scenario here will play out.

Sorry to say, but besides Wade Barrett; there isn't anyone worth a crap on WWE to have a title push (that HASN'T held ANY title before). I heard Christian, Morrison, Dibiase, the list goes on but all have held some sort of title before. Think of someone who hasn't held ANY belt including tag team. Sorry, but no one deserves it.

For a World heavyweight or WWE title run, this is simple, Christian. he's been in the company for so long, can wrestle, talk, be a heel or a face even. i would like to see a triple threat with Christian and Edge and Del Rio, but i dont see it happening. Something else i wouldnt mind would be for a heel Edge as World champion to face a face Christian.

Zack Ryder or Tyler Reks.
These lads are very good, young superstars.
Zack Ryder has heaps of potential, pity he isn't going to get a push any time soon.
Reks is just an animal. He has the look, power and great finishing move.
Chris Masters? Surely being able to bounce your pecs is worth a mid-card title at least.

Can I use Tyler Black? He has stepped his game up even more than I thought he could since he joined FCW. He's a big thing just waiting to happen.

Failing that Trent Baretta is my current roster pick.
He has overcome such bad odds to survive as long as he has with the awful dude busters gimmick. When he went over Drew I thought it was the start of good things for the guy. He puts on great matches and I'm one of the ones who watches wrestling mostly for the content of the matches. I think he could really get over if they used him on Raw to get a rub from DB for the US Title (if Seamus don't get there first). Or just as well on Smackdown competing and eventually getting a rub from Kofi and the IC Title.

John Morrison. I'm hoping Miz retains at Wrestlemania (obviously shenanigans ensue) and moves on to feud with Morrison who comes out of Wrestlemania with MitB, leading up to him cashing in for a LEGIT match at Summerslam to win the title. That would be AMAZING. Morrison deserves the title, but I actually do doubt that my little scenario here will play out.

I actually think that something similar to this is highly likely this year. Even if Cena wins at 'mainia then i think Miz will regain this title, and JoMo has been given a massive push recently and I think he deserves it too. But why not have him get his first world title against the Miz? I think it would be a decent match if they did it better then the one on raw.

Got to go with Tyler Reks here. I think the guy has massive potential and it looked for a while like they were going to push him after him being on team SmackDown!, but with heels like Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and Ezekiel Jackson all moving to SmackDown, there is no room for him, which is a shame.

Me i was thinking wade, he is due a shot and should be givein the IC but i think the may give that to swagger to build him back up, but Tyler Reks for sure hes beein eating it up on superstars he need more smackdown tv time and the thing is he can talk as well.

Okay here's a long shot..

But MICHEAL COLE!!!

Every McManon has been a WWE Champion off there heat as a heel, Micheal Cole deserves ONE accidental United States title win off of the heat he has gotten. Especially with Bryan as Champion.

I'm going to answer this twice. Once for somebody who deserves a title push that's been a champion before and once again for somebody who deserves a title push that hasn't been a champion before.

For a former champion being pushed.... My vote would go for Christian. He's been World Tag Team Champion nine times, and has been both the Intercontinental Champion and ECW Champion. Christian needs to be pushed to the main event and compete for the World Heavyweight Championship before he's passed his prime. Christian would be the "new" veteran to compete with the new stars from the youth movement after the rest of the veterans retire. (Originally I was going to say Ziggler for the World Title but I almost forgot he was the World Champ for about 10 minutes.)

For a new contender being pushed... A couple names come to mind. Chris Masters, Evan Bourne, Wade Barrett, and Michael McGillicutty (yes, really, him). But I would definitely pick Wade Barrett from those four. Barrett has been wrestling the biggest names in WWE since he won NXT. He's established himself as a top contender and has been a credible opponent. Making him leader of the Original Nexus and brains of The Corre help establish that. Barrett has the mic skills and wrestling ability to make a good heel champion. I would say, however, that a change in his finishing maneuver would put him over a little more.

A few come to my mind
obviously wade is a clear favourite but has been not been doing much as of late and doesnt look to be world champ anytime soon,

the next guy and i know he's holded the ecw championship but ezekiel jackson for intercontinental title with gabriel and slater as tag champs and barrett possibly holding the world champ in near future , for all off the group to hold a title would really establish them into a big deal

i would also like to see husky harris back and have a title run.

Definitely Morrison. (If were talking about World titles here) His sacrifice at the last 2 PPV's is enough. Miz v. Morrison properly hyped would have been a show stealer at Mania. Their Dirt Sheet promos is proof enough that they can run with anyone in the promo department.

Barrett would have been a great choice a few months ago, but the Corre is no Nexus.

Why are people saying Christian because he's been in this company for a while? He's been here since 2009. Yes, I know he was here before, but he jumped shipped, so he probably lost his respect after that. I don't think Vince trusts him to be a top star. Yet.

First title? Hmmm...Wade Barrett. Definitely. This guys got the looks, mic skills, and a decent finisher. But I like how WWE has been delaying him for a title. Gives him more time to build up his character (It's already built up, Maybe enough for people to not complain that he's being pushed too fast.) Plus, he's British. And he won NXT season 1, and he could be the top heel. So my vote goes to Wade ;D

I believe that Chris Masters should win a title, whether it be the world title or a minor title. I would like to see Masters rise to the top of the business like he should have done in 2005 and 2006. He had WWE title shots in his rookie days! Now he beats up jobbers and people that do not get any screen time.

Also, as far as just a major title goes, John Morrison deserves to be champion. I really do not want to see Morrison as the WWE champion just yet. Instead he should win the WHC, which is something he should have done in 2009 or 2010.

Wade Barrett or Evan Bourne. I personally would like to see a fued between Daniel Bryan and Evan Bourne over the U.S Championship. I think the two could put on some amazing matches. In fact, I don't think.. I know they would on claasic bouts. As for Barrett, he would not fued for mid-card titles (I- C,U.S,and Tag Team), so....maybe when a face (after Edge) wins the World Heavyweight Championship. He could fued with that person.

Wade Barret, few people have NEVER held a titlte and out of all of them Wade is the best.This isn't really saying alot because this list has Trent,Reks, Masters,Ryder, and Yoshi on it. None of them considered "great" by any means.

I would have to say the first one who needs it is Ted Dibiase, He needs to remain heel and take the title from the person who wins at WM and hold it for a 6-12 month time and make the son of the Million Dollar man someone to not be toyed with just like his father was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back