• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Should Be Their Last Opponent... Part 1 - Undertaker

matty

Dark Match Winner
We have seen a trend for the legends who "retire" and how they have that one last match against someone who will make a memorable send off.

We saw it with Ric Flair and Michaels (Forget that flair ever was or is in TNA)

We saw it with Michaels and Taker

I am curious who you all think should be Taker's last opponent. It could mirror your opinion of who he should wrestle at WM 28 if you think he will retired after 20-0 or maybe he will go out at a different PPV altogether.

Also, do you think he will lose his last match (another trend that seems to be the norm.) or will he win it?

I did think he should retire when he gets to 20-0.

However if you look at the two guys you mentioned their "last" match was against another legend. There's nobody left for 'Taker to face like that. I still think he should have a Mania match with Cena and think he might face HHH (AGAIN) next year, so WrestleMania 30 at MSG would be the perfect place, not sure who he could face though for a really memorable last match. Sting?

The dream match for the last Undertaker match would probably be Sting. Tat is very unlikely so it may be tough to think of a decent opponent who can have that last match with.

If it is the next couple years it may be Kane may be the choice as they have the history to go with. The prblem with that though is that it has been done over and over again that it won't draw as much of a response.

It could be a Match up with John Cena who Undertaker hasn't had a program with. This is probably the one big Match left in WWE that he hasn't competed against.

The Undertaker is also a character that doesn't really need to retire completely anyways. In the lst few years he has really been a part time character due to injuries and other reasons. He is a guy who you can leave off the show for months at a time and come out for a match at Summerslam, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

The Undertaker's last opponent at Wrestlemania will be none other than CM Punk. CM Punk can really benefit from having a match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and this would be the match that will finally solidify CM Punk as the top heel in the WWE. This match will take place next year. I think to make this memorable, Punk wins here by making Undertaker "tap out" yet again. CM Punk becomes the man who ends the streak, and becomes heel to the point of no return.

I know I'm going to sound ridiculous saying this but honestly I'd want Undertaker and Kane's last match to be together. Whether as opponents or partners, the only true way to have Kane leave the WWE is via the same way he entered it - in a program with his brother.

I'd prefer that they face each other at WrestleMania 30 just one last time (I promise you this match wouldn't suck like their matches in 2010 did) and then go off together into the darkness forever like brothers should

I think that although it might not be the best match they ever had, Takers last match being against Kane would have a certain symetry to it. Also the same thing could be said for HBK and would be a great match, although obviously that is 99.9% guranteed not to happen. Someone previously said that it should be against another legend which I completely agree with but does limit the options quite considerably, probably down to Kane and HHH as currently active WWE competitors.

No doubt that Taker's final match should be Kane.

One option could be (if Kane is looking to retire with Taker) is a loser must retire stipulation with Kane beating Undertaker. Then, in a fit of rage, Undertaker lights Kane on fire to kill off his character and the two end up retiring together.

Something like, Kane goes to do his pyro and instead of going off, the gong hits and there's darkness, then the gong hits again and there's an explosion in the ring with Kane's pyro going off and ending Kane.

But obviously this will not happen... and a boy can dream can't he?

This answer is nearly identical to the post I made on Takers next Wrestlemaina opponent and I feel the same answer works for this question also...

I have decided the best last match is a Wrestlemania 28 match for The Undertaker is The Miz... That match is also the perfect way to elevate Miz to the moon and make him the bonofide future of the company they are trying to do...

The Miz talks about ending the streak and does some crazy stuff which eventually gets him his match with Taker.... Mind you Miz is a full blown heel for the next year like he is now, however it is obvious the wrestling public is already dying for him to go face

They wrestle a good 30 minute match where Miz actually ends the streak... After the Miz wins he is so impressed with how hard it was to beat the Deadman he actually comes out on Raw the next night calling out Taker... He then proceeds to show humbleness and ultimate respect to Taker which Taker returns...

This in turn will give Miz the ultimate rub from The Undertaker and also the ultimate push as the new top man in the company, it also elevates him to Cena, Rock, HHH, & Austin status, and it turns him into a solid face... Which the wrestling comunity is already dying for anyway, and it also allows Taker & WWE to properly have used that streak to elevate someone who can carry the company like Hogan, Austin, & Cena have AND as HHH said the streak dies so now the Undertaker dies to... But he dies in a classy way elevating another talent and showing why he his 1 of wrestlings most respected stars...

As much as I'd love it to be Kane, i think Undertaker's last match should be with John Cena. This match should take place at Wrestlemania with Cena giving his every best yet losing to Taker, kinda like HHH n HBK did. Then at last Taker takes Cenas hand n raises it like he did with Jeff Hardy on their ladder match. This would not only propel John Cena to new heights, it will make him the ULTIMATE FACE of WWE. Its a logical choice for Taker and WWE.

Why does there have to be a "last match"?

Though for arguments sake:

'Taker V John Cena has been done before at Vengeance '03. It was a good match and we've seen their chemistry. But there isn't enough history for a last opponent.
Undertaker and Kane could be great. The mystery and darkness that could be put in the ending.
Big Show, HHH, Edge, and Orton would all be worthy opponents, because you can play on history.

It really should be John Cena. He is the face of he company, and in my opinion, the only young star on Takers level. Shame we may not get to see this if Taker decides to call it a career after going 20-0. In the end, the Rock/Cena needs to happen more, so i'm not too bummed about this match never happening.

My second choice is pretty obviously Orton. He's the number 2 face in the company and desperately needs that career defining moment. The Foley match came close to being that, but Randy wasn't close to being in his prime at the time.

I agree with everybody who put Kane. It would be a fitting end to an amazing story between the two brothers of destruction and Paul bearer should be involved somehow. If not Kane then Mick Foley? I really don't have much personal interest in seeing him fight Sting..especially for his last match. Maybe he should finally get to have his fued with Nailz and go out that way (only joking ofcourse).

Definitely, Kane. There's too much history for Taker(and possibly Kane's) last match to be against not to be against his brother. It's the perfect ending to the story. After the match, they descend into the darkness together, as the Brothers of Destruction should. Dream wise, Sting, but that seems highly unlikely, so. . .

There are many relevant opponents that Undertaker should face.

John Cena - Face of the company and Vince's favorite superstar.
Wade Barrett - Apparently, Vince seems to be really high on this guy. He put him in a feud against JOHN CENA and even beat him once to get him over. He also helped Kane defeat Undertaker at Bragging Rights 2010.
Kane - Undertaker's brother, dominated together in the Attitude Era, and they have unfinished business.
Randy Orton - The Viper VS The Phenom
They had chemistry at WM 21, but that was when Orton was a mid-carder with the Legend Killer gimmick. Now he is THE VIPER, an even better gimmick and it seems to fit him as a face. He is remorseless, fearless, and stronger than WM 21.
Cm Punk - Also had chemistry at Hell In A Cell 2009. CM Punk was a cowardly Straight Edge Messiah back then, now he is the sadistic Nexus leader.
The most entertaining person in all of entertainment vs the most accomplished person in the WWE.
Chris Jericho, The Rock, Stone Cold, Brock Lesnar, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio - HUGE names that Undertaker has NEVER fought. Would increase ratings by MIELS!

Whatever happens, please don't choose THE MIZ! Horrible wrestler and his gimmick is ALREADY getting stale. Very overrated mic skills, but lets not talk about Miz in this thread.

The Miz is probably my pick, now that Cena is facing the Rock at WM 28. However, the Miz should lose, no one should end the streak. But the match should be made into a 30 min match and be the closest one ever to Taker almost losing. If done right, the Miz losing will help his career way more than a win.

I would like for Taker's last opponent to be a young up and coming star that has been built up over a few months and is deserving of facing him. A good scenario would be Survivor Series 2012: Taker vs Dibiase. 22 years after his official debut via the first Dibiase, his last match would be against the guy's son at the same event he debuted at, truly making his career go full circle.

Of course it shouldn't be a retirement match stipulation or such nonsense. Dibiase should get a big win at a big PPV, and after that Taker simply fades away, coming back for more appearances at times of course but no more real matches.

I think Taker/HHH is already penciled in for 'Mania 28, and that will probably be the swan song for both of them.

Putting them aside, however, if I were the booker, I would make Taker's last opponent be whomever is the WWE Champion at the time. Think about it; will The Undertaker's retiring either way. Will he retire as champion and with his streak intact (20-0) or will the champion etch his legacy in stone by ending the longest running franchise in WWE history? If promoted right, I think it would be a nice draw.

I think Taker/HHH is already penciled in for 'Mania 28, and that will probably be the swan song for both of them.

I would absolutely hate for that to happen. Taker should face someone he's never faced before for 20-0. He's fought Triple H twice already. We don't need that for the third time and for the second year in a row! I'd like to see Taker/Punk. Or a triple threat between Taker/Punk/Sheamus, etc. etc.

Taker/HHH would just be complete laziness on the point of the bookers. :suspic:

Cena and nobody else. The biggest 2 stars in the company facing off with the biggest streak in wrestling history on the line would be HUGE! The atmosphere would be like nothing we've seen since probably Hogan vs Rock.

He's already faced Kane and Triple H multiple times at Mania. I don't need to see those matches again.

I have a feeling that kane and taker will clash one last time at WM. Whether it will be the last match for either kane or the undertaker, only time will tell. But nevertheless, it would be the most fitting way for both brothers, to go out facing their last match against eachother. But for this to happen, I would think that kane would need to get into better shape than he is at the moment. We've seen over the last 2 years at WM that the level of standards was set very high by both michaels and undertaker. Now in order for kane to live up to the people's expectations of a WM match against the undertaker, he would need to be in better shape. And in due course, I think that if undertaker is serious about facing kane for his last match, kane will take the necessary training steps to get into better shape.

Taker / HHH / HBK .. With the wrinkle of Hbk and Hhh not wanting the other to score the pin.

Seeds were planted prior to Mania and continued by HHH saying he will be waiting. This would be the most brilliant way for creative to finish a storyline that lasts 4 years. Sure hbk is retired, but he has spoken out about not minding Flair breaking retirement, and Taker calling him out for the match (as the guy who put him down) would legitimize a one-off return to the ring.

If Taker plans to retire at WM28.

What better way than a triple threat match against both HHH and HBK?

Think about it.

Pros:

1. Epic 5 star match potential (based on last 3 years, you *KNOW* these 3 can def bring it in a big match situation at mania)

2. HBK is retired. He's not coming back. But for 1 more match? That's always a possibility. If Taker/HHH reach out to him, ask him to help send off Taker into retirement at mania? I think HBK might consider this.

3. The storyline is there. Nothing to even write. HBK was *OBSESSED* leading up to mania 26 to get a rematch at streak. Have HHH show similar tendencies towards end of 2011/beginning 2012. Eventually, HBK comes out and says "Not so fast cowboy...if HHH is worthy of a 3rd shot at the Streak, HBK wants 3rd shot too". Eventually leads to triple threat match.

4. This can be the biggest Main Event in Wrestlemania History. I shit you not. It has the potential to be the Main Event of all Main Events.

As to who wins? Maybe HBK...comes out of retirement for 1 more match...thought by many as best of all time...why not? He can even pin HHH instead of Taker, so as not to tarnish the Streak's legacy.

or maybe Taker wins. Streak intact, 20-0...final match against his 2 greatest opponents ever, the 2 only WWE Legends on par with him for longevity as WWE legend in his era...epic ending to his career

or maybe HHH wins...since both Taker and HBK are officially retired after WM 28, HHH, the only still active wrestler gets the win here...tons of respect towards both HBK/Taker, they both acknowledge his victory...

honnestly, anyway you look at this, it's huge. Does anyone disagree?

Taker / HHH / HBK .. With the wrinkle of Hbk and Hhh not wanting the other to score the pin.

Seeds were planted prior to Mania and continued by HHH saying he will be waiting. This would be the most brilliant way for creative to finish a storyline that lasts 4 years. Sure hbk is retired, but he has spoken out about not minding Flair breaking retirement, and Taker calling him out for the match (as the guy who put him down) would legitimize a one-off return to the ring.

lol

maybe if i hadn't taken so long to write my post i'd have beaten you to it. Looks like we posted exact same idea :/

I still go with Kane. I think Punk or Miz would be an insult to the Undertaker's contribution to the WWF/E.

Nobody who grew up watching him wrestle wants to see him lose. Kane, sadly, has always been UTLite, so maybe that's the way they both should leave.

I like another poster's idea about Kane burning away. Maybe they could have a trapdoor inside the ring and when darkness hits the two guys could hide in there.

The Miz isn't a legend yet and neither is Punk. I'm surprised nobody mentioned Christian or Daniel Bryan, because we all know every IWC fanboy wants to run off with those four and be gay with them.

Undertaker should really face Kane in his last match because of their history together
It should be like double retirement match where they both retire, and then next year they Induct each other to the Hall Of Fame..!

Undertaker should really face Kane in his last match because of their history together
It should be like double retirement match where they both retire, and then next year they Induct each other to the Hall Of Fame..!

why?

that'd be like saying HBK should have faced Marty Jannety in his last match because they have so much history.

Sorry but, HBK became way bigger than Janetty, and Taker is way bigger than Kane. I'd want Taker to go out with a bigger bang than simply facing Kane again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back