Who Put Him Over - Steve Austin

Who REALLY put Austin Over?

• Bret Hart

• Mr. McMahon

• Shawn Michaels

• The Rock

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
SURVIVOR SERIES 1996, that was the event and match that pushed Austin from just another wrestler to a big time player, then the submission match at Wrestlemania 13 sky rocketed him.

either way Bret Hart was the major player in getting Austin over, before that feud, apart from Jake the snake and Yokozuna none of the other "big" named guys or former world champions even wanted to, Bret Hart saw that Austin was much more then just another wrestler tag, and allowed Austin the chance to have a big match on one of the best PPV's in 1996 and one of the best matches of 1997 to show he had IT.

The Mr Mcmahon feud got stone cold over in the attitude era as the biggest star in WWF, but Bret played a major role, and dare say the HBK/Wrestlemania 14 match/show put him way over since IMO that was the defining Attitude era ppv.

Bret Hart is definitely the one that made Austin a star. Austin did a great job creating his BMF gimmick, but he needed that series of matches with Bret to prove his wrestling ability. Especially the I quit match at wrestlemania 13. I agree with a previous poster that Austin put over the Mr. Mcahon. More than he put Austin over their feud definitely helped Austin build his character. But the Vince's evil gimmick was just getting started when the feud started, and it was the first time he wrestled in a high power capacity.

You have some pretty good points, everybody you said was what made Austin. Stone Cold would have gotten where he is without most of the people you said. But if I had to choose one, it would have to be Jake The Snake after king of the ring, the next night on raw, there was the most Austin 3:16 i have ever seen.

My vote here goes to Jake the Snake.The match itself isn't the history making moment but as most people know it what was said after it.When Austin said "Austin 3:16" it did really start an era.The push he got after was huge and it got him to be a superstar.Jake put him over as he was hurt after taking a stunner.If Jake had just left then the after match sagment wouldn't have been as good as it was.So Jake gets my vote as he really started Austin 3:16

I went with other and Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. If Austin hadn't been told of Roberts' religious based promos, he would never have said the now world famous 'Austin 3:16 promo'. There's something about that moment that's almost magical. Austin really knew where he was going and that he would be popular after that, as did Vince and that's why I went with him. Sure Bret helped him, as did all the others but without Roberts, there was no mega star.

Actually the Mr. McMahon character was born when The Montreal Incident happened even stated on several WWE DVDs. A rebel cant rebel against nothing so Vince had to be there for Austin to rebel.

Close. And I see what you are saying but I do think you are incorrect.

That wasn't Mr. McMahon at the Montreal Incident. That was VINCE MCMAHON. Real life Vince McMahon. Not the Mr. McMahon character. I am not talking about Vince McMahon. I am talking about Mr. McMahon the character.

I'm talking about the moment Mr. McMahon was born. 1994. Day after the Royal Rumble. Austin victorious the night before. McMahon comes out and introduces Mike Tyson as the 'baddest man on the planet'. Austin not happy with that comes out does his Steve Austin schtick and flicks off Tyson.

McMahon was embarrased and did not want Austin as champ. McMahon appeases him with the new Smoking Skull World Title. Ausin thanks McMahon by stunning him and making him convulse in the ring.

Do I need go further? Ok fine, I'll wrap it up. Austin pushed and pushed and kicked McMahon in the nuts. Austin drove him crazy until Mr. McMahon was born.

So yeah. Austin MADE McMahon. Bret MADE Austin.

Just an opinion, but I think it's a good one.

Close. And I see what you are saying but I do think you are incorrect.

That wasn't Mr. McMahon at the Montreal Incident. That was VINCE MCMAHON. Real life Vince McMahon. Not the Mr. McMahon character. I am not talking about Vince McMahon. I am talking about Mr. McMahon the character.

I'm talking about the moment Mr. McMahon was born. 1994. Day after the Royal Rumble. Austin victorious the night before. McMahon comes out and introduces Mike Tyson as the 'baddest man on the planet'. Austin not happy with that comes out does his Steve Austin schtick and flicks off Tyson.

McMahon was embarrased and did not want Austin as champ. McMahon appeases him with the new Smoking Skull World Title. Ausin thanks McMahon by stunning him and making him convulse in the ring.

Do I need go further? Ok fine, I'll wrap it up. Austin pushed and pushed and kicked McMahon in the nuts. Austin drove him crazy until Mr. McMahon was born.

So yeah. Austin MADE McMahon. Bret MADE Austin.

Just an opinion, but I think it's a good one.

Enforcer, it's not a opinion, in fact, it's a fact, Bret looked at Austin as if he was a major role player in the wwe industry as oppose to other stars as they said Austin didn't "have it" Bret said he did and that was why Bret chose to work with Austin on his return, without that awesome match at the survivor series, who else could have taken Bret spot and challenge Austin like that? Absolutely no one, Don't say the parasite Shawn as he already pouted before their wrestlemania match that Austin isn't in his league, it took the phenom the undertakers words of wisdom to knock some sense into Shawn, it couldn't be HHH, he's always too busy scheming and screwing people over for himself!

If it wasn't for the match with Bret Hart, Austin MAY HAVE not been the star that he became. Now I am not saying he wouldn't of became that star. I think he eventually would of had a feud with someone else that would start him on the path of becoming a main event superstar but after that feud with Hart, I would say they was no turning back for Austin. Austin went on the road of becoming a mega star after that match with Hart.

Now the feud with The Rock and McMahon I think were the feuds that saved the WWF. Austin was "star" by then however. I say "star" because he was a star in the weak WWF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back