• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Is Your Favorite WWE/F Wrestler of All Time? Why?

Kane-a-Roonie

Dark Match Jobber
I was just wondering who everyones all time favouite wrestling personallity was but more importantly why they are your favourite. Now this can be a wrestler male or female, manager, general manager and so on.

Unsurprisingly, mine is Kane and there are many little reasons for this such as the year I first saw WWF. It was around 1999/2000 I was around 7 years old and, there I was watching this 7 foot monster summoning fire and lifting guys up by their throat (wrestling was of course real to me back then). He is the only reason i was drawn into wrestling.

Also, the fact that my name is Kane probably helped my favour him over any one else at that time.

So after 11 years of being a wrestling fan I am just as much a Kane fan as I have ever been. Yes I am one of the deluded fans who still thinks there is a chance we will see him back in his mask but thats all the fun of being a Kane fan. One of my favourite matches of all time is the 2001 Royal Rumble for obvious reasons and i truly marked out when he one the ECW title at mania. I marked out when he won the MITB and when he cashed it in. I marked out when he returned to fight the Un-Americans. Hell I even marked out when he was in the casket for Undertaker vs Heidenrich.

I could go on for days why I love Kane but I am looking foward to reading all your favourites and why.

My all time favorite? Has to be Kurt Angle.

He could pull a good match out of anybody. His nerdy character back in the Attitude Era was gold and so was his heel bully American hero character. I remember back when I first started watching when I was about 9 or 10 with Austin and the alliance and all those old angles Kurt Angle was my favorite as a little kid. I always enjoyed him. And as I grew I got more into the new bald Kurt Angle and his bully heel persona. I think when people think Attitude Era they think Rock and Austin. Which is a real shame cause Angle was just as good as them in my opinion. Sure he wasn't the face of the Attitude Era but he was my personal favorite all the way from 2001 - 2006. I don't even watch TNA. And I have no idea how Kurt is doing there. But his run in the WWE was great. He deserves a spot in the Hall Of Fame after he retires.

My Favorite is Chris Jericho. Just his whole Cocky Persona was amazing. I even liked when he wore a suit and used big words. He backed it up cuz he can wrestle in the ring. He can be a sucessful face also but best as a heel. All Hail Y2J

I hope he comes back for one more run soon

I expect every story to have something about the poster's childhood in it. Mine will be no different.

The 1st fued I can remember as a fan was the Bret Hart/Jerry Lawler feud. As a youngster, I was just as analytical as I am now. But after watching Raw for a few weeks, I came to te conclusion that The Hitman is just better than everyone else. The precision, the pace, his "5 moves of doom" never seeming repetitive, every match of Bret's that I can think of was a pleasure. I'm just appreciative that he came when he did, because I don't think he would have half the legacy he has if he had to perform in this "sports entertainment" era

Shawn Michaels. It pretty much speaks for itself when i say that. Dude could not have put a on a bad match if he tried. My first PPV was also WMXII so that could have a major role. All around full package in the ring and he just seemed like the coolest, down to earth guy out of the ring, a true role model (after his return), and who the hell doesn't love the DX/Attitude stuff. And...he managed all this while still retaining the worst theme song ever.

BTW- Kane, my name is Abel, and this means WARRR!! lol

I'll go off wwe wrestlers since I have 2 favorites.HHH; For multiple reasons the first being I hated SCSA and was a huge hbk fan as a kid and when austin won I was pissed. HHH became my guy because too me was heir to shawns throne at the top. Then when HHH became the game I was a intrigued by how evil he was I loved it.

my all-time favourite wrestler is chris benoit. i like because when he was alive, he didn't need a gimmick to be popular. people liked him for who he was and that's what got him over and that all culminated with a world championship at wrestlemania 20.

Mine's gotta be HBK, Shawn Micheals.

I remember as a kid watching his matches and being drawn into them. He just had that magnetism about him that not to many people had or have. Plus it seemed like he could NOT put on a bad match...some average ones, but nothing that made me :banghead:.

Gotta give a nod to Sting as well. Maybe I'm just a WCW mark, but this guy was gold back in the day. His work now in TNA/IW is a little lacking compared to what it used to be, but his crow character made me mark out hard.

i've tried writing a response to this three times because i can't seem to find the words the truly express how i feel about my favorite wrestler. Bret Hart is and always will be my favorite wrestler. as a kid i was always very methodical about what i did and i just identified with the Hitman. even though i'd be the first to admit he wasn't the best all around performer in WWE history, he was the most skillful in the ring. he could have any match against any opponent and still make it a match that could steal the show every night. my favorite memory of the Hitman isn't even from a match he won. The Iron Man match at Wrestlemania XII, for me, is the best wrestling match ever. i know the crowd wasn't as hot as Hogan/Rock or Cena/Punk but for sixty minutes the two best performers of their era put on a match that you just didn't know where it was heading. even though the Hitman lost, his ability to put on one of the best matches of all time against a man he hated and let him go over him cleanly on the biggest stage of them all, is what makes me love the Hitman the most.

this post still doesn't do it by a long shot...

The Undertaker.

His kayfabe character (not including the American Badass persona) sums up everything I love. Dark, mysterious, at times sadistic, undead, phenomenal. I love his look (all of them again apart from the American Badass character). He has been involved in most of my favourite storylines since I got into wrestling from his Funeral Parlor segments and feuds with Mankind, Kane, Ministery of Darkness etc..

Not just a great character (quite possibly the best gimmick character ever in Pro Wrestling seeing as unlike most he has lasted the test of time) but also an above average wrestler in the ring to say the least. His early persona did not call for much..some underselling and a few power moves but in my opinion since his Mankind feud he was forced to improve or move away from the slow deadlike underselling and show off ligit in-ring skills. For a big guy I think he is up there with the best of them. I will be upset when he finally retires and a part of WWE will always be missing in his absence.

Gotta go with HBK. First and foremost because he was my favorite when I was young. That leaves a permanent impression. But then, when I was older he made his second run and it only cemented his legacy as the best of all time. There is no one that comes even close to it.

for me it'll always be Bret, I grew up watching him from the Hart Foundation to this day and have been thoroughly entertained the entire time. As a kid I thought he was cool and he was just amazing in the ring, I always knew I'd be entertained when I saw Bret come out. Like most everyone I grew up as a Hogan fan as well, but my favorite on the undercard was always bret and i remember losing it when I found out he won the title. You have no idea how hard i tried to find video of that (i never did), you kids have no idea how lucky you are to have youtube. A lot of people say Bret was terrible on the mic, but I disagree, he wasn't as fluid as the Rock, but he got his point out there and you felt it whenever he did. You could always feel his character's hatred for America or Shawn (you could also feel his hatred for shawn haha) and that's what made it so easy to enjoy Bret's work and that's what made him my fav.

without a doubt my favorite wrestler of all-time is none other then the man,the myth,the legend....the heart break kid,the showstopper,the main event,the icon,mr.wrestlemania Shawn Michaels!

ever sense i was a little kid shawn michaels was always my favorite what caught my eye back in the day was he wasnt a huge guy but he could always find a way to come back and win and i loved his gimmick,his music everything about him and as i got older i still always thought hbk was the best ever to lace up a pair of boots and hes always been my favorite i loved how he could hit sweet chin music on anybody no matter how big,and then back when i was a little kid and the original DX started up i loved how they did whatever they wanted and made vince's life hell it was cool shit to me back then i could go on for days about why hbk is my favorite of all-time but ill just say 1 more reason...he could get a great match out of anybody no matter who it was and he was always that damn good plus after reading his book Heartbreak & Triumph i realized i could relate more to him then i ever thought i could but he will always be my favorite of all-time

My favourite has to be the rock. Simply because when i was young he was the man. I remember almost crying when i thought he was going to lose to triple h at backlash. Also i used reenact the eyebrow infront of the mirror and use his catchphrases to answer back to my mum and dad. (i was like 7/8 when i did that.)

Growing up for me it was the Ultimate Warrior. The guy was so intense and just flat out entertaining. I always cheered for him. Hated Hogan. Eventually I grew to really enjoy wrestlers like Austin (like most people) in the Attitude Era. Had one of those one in a life time chances of getting to meet the rattle snake himself on the set of one of his past movies. Probably the coolest, most down to earth guy I've ever met. He showed me how to use an Iphone to take a picture because I had no idea. It was good stuff. Yeah I went off topic a little, but meh I'm reliving a past memory, so screw it. :)

Well most recently its a tie between CM Punk and Bret "The Hitman" Hart..... For recent reasons for Chicago Made Punk but i will explain Brets seeing they both tye in to this Reason..... Since 6 yrs of age I watched the whole Hart Family compete in WWF/E from The British Bulldog, Bret and Owen, Jim NEidhart and even wrestlers who trained under Stu Hart Himself in the Dungeon, But only one Wrestler stood out to me at a very young age and that was the Pink and Black Technician Excellence Of Execution Bret Hart.... I witnessed matches versus Mr. Perfect, BBULLDOG, Rowdy Piper, and even a very young Shawn Michaels battle for the WWF Intercontential Championship only for the Hitman to break out,beat Flair, and to be the first in this group to win the World Wrestling Fedaration Championship, I seen every title defense on T.V and watched how he told a story in every match he was in.

The Macho Man Randy Savage -

He could do it all, there has never been a more complete wrestler than this guy in the WWF/E. Heel or face, on the mic or in the ring, brawling, high flying, had the valet Miss Elizabeth, had the feuds, had the look, had the attitude.

RIP Mach!

i've tried writing a response to this three times because i can't seem to find the words the truly express how i feel about my favorite wrestler. Bret Hart is and always will be my favorite wrestler. as a kid i was always very methodical about what i did and i just identified with the Hitman. even though i'd be the first to admit he wasn't the best all around performer in WWE history, he was the most skillful in the ring. he could have any match against any opponent and still make it a match that could steal the show every night. my favorite memory of the Hitman isn't even from a match he won. The Iron Man match at Wrestlemania XII, for me, is the best wrestling match ever. i know the crowd wasn't as hot as Hogan/Rock or Cena/Punk but for sixty minutes the two best performers of their era put on a match that you just didn't know where it was heading. even though the Hitman lost, his ability to put on one of the best matches of all time against a man he hated and let him go over him. "U can say that again"!!!

I am going to give you my obvious choice, and let everyone know that Shawn Michaels is not only one of, if not the greatest wrestler of all time, but he is also, just a wonderful human being, I had the privilege of getting backstage passes to wreslemania 19, and after his match with jericho, which by the way was a great match, he talked to me for 15 minutes, he is an incredible man...I got a photo an autograph, and tickets to wrestlemania 20...I was offered $500 for the autographed photo from a buddy, but I told it is totally worth more than that...I have been a fan of michaels since his days with the rockers, who are ironically my favorite tag team ever...I moment I will never forget....

But as it is right now, my favorite wrestler right now, is none other than evan bourne, that guy is awesome in the ring...

There have been many wrestlers that i have thought were my favorites (Brett, Taker, Austin, HHH, Angle, Hogan, Nash, ect), but it always comes down to the two I wish had been able to have a long feud, HBK and the Rock. HBK was my first favorite, the one who made wrestling great again after Hogan went to WCW. The ladder matches that he and Hall had, the feud with Brett, that was some of the best stuff ever. I damn near cried when HBK retired last year. But as much as DX made me laugh, the Rock was that much funnier. everytime i hear the Miz talk about how he is the most must see champ of all time, it angers me, because the Rock was the most must see superstar, champ or otherwise. the Rock's promos alone were must see

THE PHENOM,THE STREAK,THE DEMON OF DEATH VALLEY,THE DEADMAN,BIG EVIL,THE UNDERTAKER is my favorite wwe star ever you could just look at his resume 19-0 at wrestlemania,has faced anybody whos anybody damn near(damn you sting),is not stiff in the ring like other big men one of the most well respected men in the buisness
:wwf:

My favorite wrestler of all time is without a doubt..the Rock. No one brought the entertainment to the ring the way he did. Although he wasn't the best "wrestler" per say, he had impeccable timing and he is one of the most althletic men for his size that I've ever seen. IMO he should get credit to the importance of promos because on the mic, there was nobody better than him. He drew you in whether you loved or hated him. He had classic matches with all the greats ad his rivalry with SCSA is my favorite of all time.

A lot of love for 'taker, shawn, and bret in this thread. Rightfully so.

My peronal favorite of all time is Bret "Hitman" Hart. So much that my ex-girlfriend used to get angry with me for reading his book and watching his DVD way too many times haha!

Seriously, though, Bret was one of the first wrestlers I saw that looked normal....maybe that's why I took to him. He seemed so cool, the jacket, shades, and of course the ring work... and later that screaming guitar at the beginning of his theme song... even when he was a heel in '97 (which I personally think was his best year), I couldn't turn my back on him. Keep in mind I was only like 14 in 1997....i didnt care about great matches or politics, i just loved great characters...and despite all of the shit he gets about not being charismatic enough, bret was the most interesting character to me. It's strange... it's always hard to love today's product when comparing it to our childhood/teen years. was bret really that much better than stars of today? Who knows... but during those impressionable childhood times, he got my attention. i'm sure most of you have a similar story with your personal favorites.

Been a fan of The Rock since I was 4 back in '98. He had everything you could ask for in a superstar. I stuck with him through heel and face, I was at the age where you would only cheer faces. It seemed like I was the only one cheering for him during his match with Hogan and the WM19 match with Austin when he was heel. I use to seriously hate everyone who feuded with him, Benoit, DX (even though I was a fan of XPac and Road Dogg) Ken Shamrock, the whole McMahon family (especially Shane) and even Stone Cold.

The Rock. Simply becasue when I was a kid he was the most entertaining. Dude was hilarious too. I first memory of wrestling when he was beating Mankind half silly with a steel chair in that empty arena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back