• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is your favorite wrestler and why?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Mine is RVD, has been since I started watching in 2002. Guys like Triple H and HBK may have been Main Event Stars but I watched the show for RVD. He may not be the best on the mic but I always loved his promos.

He is the perfect blend of High Flyer and Mat wrestler. Once I started watching the original ECW it was like "Holy Shit this guy is one of the best I've ever seen." I seriously marked out like a school girl when he won the WWE title at ONS helo from Edge or not. It doesn't matter who he's in the ring with win or lose he managed to entertain the hell out of me.

If he ever decides to get in the ring again I will be a very happy person.

*crosses fingers*

I am never going to hear the end of it for saying this, but my favorite is John Cena. He works his ass off day in and day out and no matter how the audience reacts to him, he just rolls with the punches. I'll admit that his moveset isn't exactly stellar, but his in ring psychology more than makes up for it. He is great on the mic and never ceases to entertain me. Alright, let the verbal barrage of gay jokes commence...

I am never going to hear the end of it for saying this, but my favorite is John Cena. He works his ass off day in and day out and no matter how the audience reacts to him, he just rolls with the punches. I'll admit that his moveset isn't exactly stellar, but his in ring psychology more than makes up for it. He is great on the mic and never ceases to entertain me. Alright, let the verbal barrage of gay jokes commence...
No one's going to hate on you for liking John Cena, a lot of people like John Cena. John Cena is in my top 5 list as well. He entertains me as well and his move set more than gets the job done. He wouldn't be where is is today if he wasn't good at what he does

My favourite wrestler at the moment is CM Punk.

I've just loved watching him evolve over the last few years, I love his moveset (Yes I fucking know he "stole" it). I really like his mic skills, which I believe are fairly underrated.
He can put on great matches (his matches with Jericho are awesome!)
And he's just got some sort of mysterious charisma that just makes me pop a little bit when his music hits!

My favorite wrestle of all time and number one on my list is The Undertaker. Ever since I started watching wrestling in late 1997 he was the guy who made me want to keep watching it. After a while I was hooked because I just wanted to see what he would do and his whole persona and character were just really intriguing to me. It was not only his character that I liked but his in-ring psychology and wrestling skills have also captivated me. In my opinion he was and still is a phenomenal wrestler and ever since I started watching wrestling he has remained my favorite wrestler of all time and I don't think anything or anyone will change that.

Another one that I really liked even though I wasn't born during his time in the WWF and never really got to see much of his work in WCW was "The Macho Man" Randy Savage. He became my second favorite wrestlers when I watched some videos of him on the internet. I had always heard people say he is one of the best performers ever and he has had a lot of great matches so one day I just got tired of hearing all of this and went to look for some videos of him on the internet and I was instantly a fan of his. I liked everything about him and I really think he is one of the best of all time. He was basically good at everything he did. When he was a face he got the fans to cheer for him. When he was a heel he got the people to boo for him. And when he was a commentary he was great at that too. I am disappointed that the WWE and him still haven't buried the hatchet but I am happy that they are making a dvd of him and I will most definitely be buying it.

My favorite wrestler at the moment is Jack Swagger. I've only been watching wrestling for a few years, so I don't know a lot of the old school guys. I mostly watch WWE, and Swagger is just great to watch. He's the one guy whose matches I am always looking forward to see.

Another reason I like him is that I've watched him ever since his debut. Years from now, I will be able to say that I remembered when he started by squashing some jobber in ECW, and how he feuded with Tommy Dreamer, and won the ECW Championship all in 4 months. I think that it is a cool thing that I have a wrestler whose whole career I will be able to follow.

I also think that he is going to be one of the biggest stars in the WWE. Within a few years, I think he will be main eventing Wrestlemania. And I will be able to say I was a fan when he just started.

Mine is either The Rock or Ultimate Warrior at the moment.

Anyway, I've been a Rocky mark ever since he first turned face back in. . . . well I cant remember the date, and yes I did hate him as a heel because I was only a young'un' at the time. Basically unmatched mic skills, the ability to mock HHH, great in ring performances all added up to The Rock becoming my favourite wrestler.

I first saw Warrior in his WrestleMania comeback match against Hunter Hearst Helmsley and I instantly thought he was awesome, not being able to watch much RAW at the time I had to constantly ask people what he was up to, and was dissapointed when he went again.

I could however watch WCW highlights so when Warrior debuted on that I watched religously, yes I thought the OWN angle was awesome. Then I got the internet and my love of Warrior died down a lot, then the WZ tournament came about and I noticed a lot of hate for the guy, so I started watch clips of the guy that I would've been too young to remember and I started to mark for him all over again.

Mr. Kennedy. He's so hot right now.

He's got so much potential it's unreal. One day he'll be WWE Champion, one day. His mic skills are second to none. All he needs to do is recover from whatever injury he's going to have next and get a good injury free run behind him. I can't help but think that violently shaking your wrists might lead to arthritis though.

My favourite wrestler was and probably always will be Christian, his mic-skills are really awesome, he is a great worker and more then entertaining to watch. In his tag team days with Edge and in his single days in WWE he always was my favourite WWE wrestler and when he went to TNA and became a main eventer , I was excited to see what he can do when given the opportunity. Overall he is great and my favourite even though he isn´t a Ninja. xD

My favorite wrestler of all time is, of course, RVD. He (and ECW, for that matter) came along at a time where I was really starting to lose interest in wrestling altogether. I had watched since I was a child and at the age of 15, there was nothing exciting about it anymore. Then one day a friend of mine said "you gotta come over and see this ECW shit. There's a guy I know you're gonna love". I watched one match- it was RVD vs. whoever- and I was hooked. RVD was like nothing I had ever seen and he was a far cry from the Papa Shango shit that the WWE was putting out at the time. He had a very cool approach to being a heel and the moves that he used in the ring were so fluid and innovative.

Currently, in the absence of RVD, my favorite wrestler would be Bryan Danielson. It's funny, because at first glance he is polar opposite of RVD. Danielson is an all american, church going, do-gooder type of guy. However, I'm drawn to him for all the same reasons. He is different than what's currently out there. He's a throw back; no frills, no gimmick needed, kick ass kinda wrestler. Instead of the high flying moves RVD uses, Danielson focuses on wear down and submission moves- and I love it. I would pay the price of admission just to watch his matches.

My favorite wrestler of all time is Bruiser Brody. He always put on a match that made you go, " Wow, did I really just see that ? ". Also, he had one awesome looking beard, Not to mention a kickass theme song.

But now that invader 1 decided to stab him, My favorite is The Brian Kendrick. He has an interesting gimmick. He's still very fun to watch, even though his moveset is limited.

My all time favorite would be Mick Foley. It's that never say die attitude that I love so much. There was a promo he did in 1997 when he was getting ready to be Kane's first opponent where he said that he's going to throw himself into a brick wall (speaking about Kane) with everything he had. If he didn't knock it down he would get up and do it again, and he'd keep doing it as long as it took, and if he coulnd't knock it down, he'd go out knowing he did everything he could. That resonates with me as something I can relate to very easily.

Currently my favorite would have to be CM Punk. As a fellow Straightedge, I can easily identify with him. Also I like his laid back style, his moveset, his attitude and lots of other aspects about his character. The straightedge got me hooked, but the rest of him kept me there.

My favourite wrestler of all time is, shock horror, The Rock followed by, oh my word, John Cena.

The Rock was the man who got me interested in wrestling. He was so entertaining, and his mic work was outstanding. He could generate interest in his matches like no other from one simple promo. Also, I was like eight or nine so saying "It doesn't matter", "If you smell...", "shove it straight up your candy ass" etc made you feel cool. I know you were supposed to think Austin was the biggest superstar in that era, but he simply wasn't to me. In my original fan days, every WrestleMania was centred around The Rock in my eyes. He main evented three of them (15,16,17) and had the draw matches in 18 and 19 as well. He was wrestling to me when he was around.

My favorite wrestler of all time has to be Spike Dudley. Though he was only 5 ft 5 and 150lbs he was able to work matches well with guys who were 3 times his size. Despite his small size he had a pretty good ride in the WWE and ECW winning the ECW Tag Team Championships, World Tag Team Championships, The European Championship, The Hardcore Championship and the Cruiserweight Championship. Though he rarely did iwn his matches, and even lost a match to Lita, he did his job in putting other superstars over and making them look good.

I’ve said this before, but I don’t think I ever gave reasons, but my top 5 list actually consists of 6 Superstars.

Number 5 (tied)
Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair
One of these two, if not both, should be on everybody’s list. They literally paved the way for Faces and Heels and everyone in-between in this business and put it on the map. To me, watching the WWE was like watching what the world would be like if Superman was President, and in turn, watching WCW was like watching what the world would be like if Lex Luthor was President. All in all, these two, are in my opinion the Greatest of All Time, but we’re talking about who my favorites are, so let’s continue.

Number 4
Kurt Angle
In Kayfabe, Kurt has literally done it all. Just for fun, let me remind you what it is he has done. Due to time constraints, let’s stick to the details from the big leagues and just keep in mind all the other Pro and Armature accomplishments he’s done. Ready??
TNA Tag Team Champion with Sting, WWE Tag Team Champion with Chris Benoit, WWE Hardcore Champion, WWE European Champion, TNA X-Division Champion WCW United States Champion, WWE Intercontinental Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, NWA Champion (He had the belt in his hands and I count it), TNA Champion, WCW Champion, and WWE Champion. Let’s not get into how many times he won, let’s stick to how many he won. He literally won them all, basically and I’m going out on a limb here by saying the following. If he had stayed in the WWE for at the very least, one more year, he could have added the ECW Title to his list. Before it’s all said and done, he will be TNA Legends Champion, I can just see it. He’s more than a Grand Slam Champion in the WWE and he’s one Red strap short of doing it in Orlando too. He’s just great, not my favorite, but great.

Number 2 (tied)
Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock
What can I say about these two?? I started watching wrestling when I was 10, right after the Mega Powers exploded. It was cool, but when I saw the Ring Master and Rocky Maivia, I pegged them to be the ones to watch. I didn’t know why, but I did. (Also, I pegged the Rock to be the Face and Austin to be the Heel, and didn’t really take into consideration the Turns). Anyway, what they did from there is history. They were great, but when they worked together, they were awesome!! No other rivalry in the history of the WWE has been featured in 3 WrestleManias. (Did I just jinx that or did I just give Vince “Taker / Kane 3” for WM 26??) The stories seemed endless and it never mattered to me who was the good guy and who was the bad guy when it came to these two. I was rooting for a great match and a great story.

Number 1
Chris Jericho
Look, he beat Austin and the Rock in the same night. That’s why they are number 2 together and Chris is number 1. HAHA!! No, seriously, Chris Jericho, today, is best described by a quote from HBK, “Yes they are Icons, but I’m the Icon that can still go!!” Chris is a wrestler that has done it all, and did it all the smart way. I don’t know what it is, but that break he took between 2005 and 2007 did wonders for his career. He’s accolades speaks for themselves and he’s not done yet. He’s was great, no matter what division he was in, whether it be the Top of the Card, Tag Team division, Mid – Card Title, Main Event, or event Main Attraction spot (example, HBK vs. Y2J, WM XIX) Jericho made sure he put on the best performance. Can we all agree that he’s in the running for back to back Superstar of the Year awards?? I think so.

As a child I was always a huge Goldburg fan. I remember when I walked through doors and things I'd smack my face and do the Goldburg pose. My mother thought it was the cutest thing ever. I litterally wanted to be Goldburg. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I replied either Walker Texas Ranger, or Goldburg. Upon reflection though, I honestly have to say. Goldburg is not my favorite wrestler ever.

His name is none other than, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. In my honest opinion Ricky is the best star to ever step in the ring. Maybe not the biggest. Deffinetely not the most charasmatic. But his ring work, was like magic. I would relate it to that of PALAISTRA. During his time, he could high fly. He could put on a technical work that matches Bret Hart. His work with Ric Flair, quite possibly made Ric Flairs career, I've even heard Ric make the comment that Ricky is the best star hes every stepped into the ring with. And if he could get back in the ring with anyone of his choice, it would be with Ricky Steamboat.

Of all time it is Stone Cold Steve Austin. When i watched him years back I loved him. The I don't give a shit attitude, the walk, the promos, everything about him. I still watch his videos on youtube and get excited even though i've seen them all like 5 times. The way he walked to the ring, and stood on the ropes flipping everybody off was just awesome. I loved it. His matched with The Rock at wrestlemania will always be my favorite matches of all time. Hell even in the shitty invasion angle when that glass shatters and disturbed starts playing, he comes to the ring and stuns the shit out of everybody. I get so into it. He will always hold that place in my heart as my favorite wrestler ever.

Man, I must be old because aside from Steamboat being mentioned, most of the other guys are "newer" generation stars (albeit Foley, Hogan and Flair transcend generations).

Anywho... as much as I love me some HHH... he's got nothing on "The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be !!"

Bret Hart was my reason for becoming a wrestling fan. At first, it was simply because he looked different than everybody else, wearing pink and black tights. Then, he always came to the ring with Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart - that mean looking dude with the pointy red beard who laughed like a fucking maniac !

As I became an avid watcher, I figured out what wrestling really was from watching Bret Hart. My dad would have to explain why he held the guy on the mat for three minutes twisting his arm, pulling on his leg or hugging him real hard around his head. It's part of the problem I have with the current product... mat wrestling in non-existent.

The Iron Man match with HBK at Wrestlemania 12 is still the greatest wrestling match ever IMO and it was the first PPV I ever bought (and when you're in college, PPV's are expensive as hell on the cable bill).

It's a shame the way his career ended in the WWE and I was disappointed with the way he was booked in WCW, but things change and our favorites can't go on forever... unless it's Foley or Flair.

Jericho or Raven.
I've been a Jericho fan since seeing him in WCW. I cant remember exactly what happened, but when I first saw him WWF was cancelled that night over here in NZ so I turned on WCW to see the program that Jericho had going with Goldberg.
When he came to the WWF, I was doing backflips. He made me enjoy alot of aspects of wrestling once the Attitude era had gotten past the Rock/Austin climax. His mic skills are fucken phenomenal and his in-ring work speaks for itself. He's probably one of the only guys left who can cary a whole match, promo, and feud all by himself. I think he needs to be in the main-event picture. I really enjoy all of his world title matches, (actually, every one of his matches) because they're just so well done. Royal Rumble 2001 with Benoit and Summerslam 2005 with Cena come to mind. He's a well-deserved 9-time Intercontinental champion

I first saw Raven back in the before-Bischoff WCW, when he was Scotty Flamingo. I'm pretty sure that was 1993, because when I watched WrestleMania X, he was hosting the pre-show, and I didn't recall seeing him in WWF before that. He disappeared from my radar for a while until I was watching the Royal Rumble in 1997, and my friend burst through my door and ruined the Rumble for me because he had "THIS AMAZING TAPE OF ECW!" and there was this one guy on there who he couldn't stop going on about. Anyway, it was Raven, and so from then on I got hooked on ECW and fuggen loved the Raven character... I never did get to see the end of Psycho Sid/Shawn Michaels...
He's a real nice guy too, I met him at this expo like two years ago and I was working there and Van Dam was being rushed off by his publicist or something... some asshole who was with him, and he signed this picture for me and left. Everyone was cleaning up and Raven and Christy Hemme were also there - Raven saw I had an RVD signed photo and he shook my hand and told me "I'd be better off with a Raven one." So he signed a picture for me, and talked Christie into signing one of hers for me hahaha. So I have mad respect for him.

Pfft. Mildly difficult question. I don't really have one. It fluctuates... wildly. One moment it'll be The Undertaker, the next I'll be convinced that The Undertaker is the most overrated wrestler of all time and The Rock is the be all and end all. This is an internal struggle, by the way. Rarely will someone else's opinion directly alter mine.

Currently, it's The Miz. CM Punk is a close second. The Miz just seems to be one of the only fresh things in a sea of retreads, and I just generally find him very entertaining for reasons that I frankly don't feel motivated enough to put into words. All I know is that watching him hit Big Show with a chair made me happier than I usually am when I watch this really stupid, boring, repetitive thing that you call professional wrestling.

It's a toss up between Chris Beniot and Shawn Michaels. Beniot for his mat skills, and the way he presented them. He didn't just outwrestle you,he made sure you walked out knowing you were in a war(kayfabe). He perfected the gimmick of just being a great wrestler and little else. With HBK, it was his showmanship. He was the reason I started watching. He paved the way for what we call spot monkeys, which is my favorite part of the product these days.

My favourite wrestler is the samoan submission machine,Samoa joe.Why?Because he's unique.He is without doubt an incredible talent for TNA.

Samoa Joe first caught my eye when I watched Ring of Honor on The Wrestling Channel.I had just returned to love wrestling again after a 5 year hiatus,and was watching the WWE.I decided to check out Ring Of Honor when I saw that CM punk was wrestling.That's when I saw the Ring Of Honor icon.It showed Joe's best moments,and his matches against Punk and homicide.

One day,as I was watching Raw, the adds were on and I flicked onto TNA on Eurosport.I liked it.So when I saw it on Bravo the next Day,I had tol watch it.It was a replay of Joe Vs Aj Vs Daniels in Ultimate X, at Destination X 2006.It showed clips of his brutality,and I was captivated.He was a big man,a little like me,but I expected an Umaga type wrestler.Was I mistaken.He flew around the ring,he hit Yakuza Kicks,Sentons,CSS enziguris,and I was amazed.But what made me love him like I do now,was when he twisting suicide plancha-d over the top rope,or what I like to call,a barrell roll.

Go to 3:30

[youtube]rKQtiAKc92Q[/youtube]

Holy shit!

So I began to watch him in the new TNA impacts against the likes of Angle and Cage,and he has grown to be my favourite wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back