• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is this BIG GUY now?

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
Alright, I know there are going to many complaints about Ryback like he lacks charisma blah blah blah. But the post isn't about Pushing Ryback...

Ever since Ryback cut a good promo about how he evolved through the various stages to become the big guy in WWE, I thought, Vince is seriously looking to push Ryback. And I even thought he's gonna end Rusev's streak. But their match never happened!

But this isn't about that either. Well after the Survivor Series he's been aiding Erik Rowan and Dolph Ziggler. They teamed up quite a few times against the Authority. He saved Dolph Ziggler a lot of times and even they teamed up with Dolph wearing a belt reading "The Small Guy". Erik turned into a jobber and Dolph went into the IC title scene.

Now he's been saving Randy Orton and fighting against the Authority once again. But why is he doing all these?? The Authority doesn't even mind him putting his hands on them! I mean who is this guy to them? To us? and to the Authority??

Ryback's first go-around in WWE was as a face who handled opponents by himself.....then he morphed into a heel who did the same.....and neither character made the grade with WWE management, who made the big guy disappear for awhile.

When he came back some months ago, he was a again a face, but now he was allying with other popular faces (Ziggler, Orton.....and he even sided with John Cena in a non-match confrontation).

So, I figure the purpose behind what he's been doing is one of two things: Either he's teaming with good guys to get himself over more fully as a good guy..... or management plans to turn him bad, and instead of it happening for no apparent reason, as last time, they figure he'll look that much more evil when he turns on the good guys he's been befriending recently.

Those are guesses......meanwhile, if Ryback has developed some quality Creative wanted to see during his time off, I've yet to see what it is.

I think there's a possibility that Ryback will be used to further Seth Rollins' run as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I'm not saying that it'll happen, just that the possibility is there. Having at least some slight idea how Vince's mind works, I see Ryback having to get through Kane and Big Show first. I'm fine with him having a single bout with each one as sort of an unofficial proving ground type of match, but I've absolutely zero interest in seeing any sort of real feud with either of them. We've seen Ryback face Kane & Big Show at various times in the past, there's nothing new to be seen or had, so IF he's meant to challenge Rollins for the strap and IF he has to go through Show & Kane first, please just make it happen fast.

As to "who" he is right now? Ultimately, I think he's a bit of a cross between the guy we heard give a promo about his trials & struggles and the meathead that he's generally always been. I'd like to see more of the "human" aspect of Ryback rather than the grunting meathead, but it's unlikely to happen because Vince often likes pretty narrow constraints when it comes to certain wrestlers. Ryback: 6'0"+, 250+ pound man with extremely developed musculature and great physical strength = a fairly one dimensional persona with little potential to grow because that's not what a "manly man" does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back