Luke Harper - "I'm A Team Player."

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
At the end of Raw last night, which wasn't shown to the Liverpool crowd, Steph & Triple H are backstage looking dismayed over the situation with Ryback. Suddenly, Dolph Ziggler's prone body is flung out of nowhere, startling Steph and Triple H. They stare at someone off screen for a few moments before the camera pans to the left, revealing Luke Harper in which he states that he's a "team player." While nothing's confirmed, I'm guessing this means that Luke Harper has come completely out of left field and will be part of Team Authority.

I'm also wondering if it's gonna be part of a singles feud with Dolph Ziggler over the Intercontinental Championship since it seems that he's been specifically targeting Ziggler. During Ziglger's cage match with Kane Friday and prior to his match with Henry last night, Harper's crazy eye vignette popped up on screen with the camera panning towards Ziggler with a concerned look on his face after each vignette. Plus, there's the fact that Harper musta beat the snot outta Ziggler before bringing him to The Authority's office last night.

It was pretty horrible, this whole story is and just need to end.

The authority just needs to end. It's just horrible.

Triple H taking the spotlight and feeding his ego for 20-30 minutes on every fucking RAW.

#EndTheAuthorityNOW

That was actually the best part of the night. Harper's just got such a distinctive look that really sets him apart from the various pretty boys of the WWE, and he's developing his own unique personality. Combined with his fine ring work, and I'm looking forward to Harper as a singles worker.

"I'M a team player....." (wild look in his eyes)

Such a simple and effective curveball. So awesome!

Perhaps it's because he's been gone for so long or the fact he's usually with the giant Rowen, but I was surprised how big Harper looked last night. HHH doesn't have to look up at people all that often and he was certainly doing it for Harper last night. So at the very least Harper fits well with the huge heels Authority team. Not totally on topic but I'm hoping that they use this opportunity to change Harper's look, it bugs me that the "freed" former Wyatt members look and seemingly act the same way as before, cept now they get to talk a lil I guess.

I loved it. I also liked Rowan wandering out during the Adam Rose snoozefest. I liked the two of them together as a tag team but if there are no plans to put the belts on them, then separate them out and develop them individually.

AWhile nothing's confirmed, I'm guessing this means that Luke Harper has come completely out of left field and will be part of Team Authority....... I'm also wondering if it's gonna be part of a singles feud with Dolph Ziggler over the Intercontinental Championship since it seems that he's been specifically targeting Ziggler.

The entire Luke Harper program will hang in the balance. If there's anyone I wouldn't start off in a group, it's Luke. First of all, he just came out of one, and performers often reach that juncture when they're ready to go out on their own, which seems to apply to Luke and Eric Rowan. So why put 'em right back in a group?

Of course, if they're placing Luke in with the Authority just for Survivor Series, even while having him start out his singles push with action against Dolph Ziggler, it might be okay.....in fact, being pushed on both ends might mean WWE management is planning a big-time singles career for Luke Harper.

Since we already know who he is, I'm hoping his "I'm a team player" statement features as irony....and management's plans call for him to be anything but.

If Harper is part of the team then it is definitely interesting to see how it plays out. I'm guessing he will be because Ryback would have been a suitable ending to Raw. If Team Authority wins then I guess it works. If they lose, however, I'm not really sure. Not only will he have been pinned but it would have been a very odd way of bringing him back on TV.

Like I said, if his team win then he could get a title shot against Dolph which would make perfect sense. In the long-term, where they go with Harper is curious. Will he just be another guy or does he keep the mystique that was a huge part of the success of the Wyatt Family.

I'm a big fan of Bray Wyatt and, at times, Luke Harper out shined Bray. I was excited when they ended the show with Harper last night. He could have a great feud with Ziggler.

To the guy that was concerned with Harper having to get pinned if he's in the Survivor Series match-- So what? So will a bunch of other guys, and they usually find ways to still protect them even when they get pinned in Survivor Series matches.

What I would like to see is us witness the growth of their character. Start him off as a monster that loses for a while and seems a little bland then let him start to add some bits to his character and start winning. Like we are seeing him find himself and come into his own on TV. It will make the crowd connect with him. He has such an impressive moveset for anyone, much less a guy his size, that I'm certain that he can make it as a face as well if they ever try to make him go that route.

Go Brodie Lee!

Quite happy they seem to be treating his single push seriously, he's always been a great wrestler and a great personality and he deserves to be pushed and hopefully to reach the main event status.

I think Luke Harper is great, not getting the whole joining the Authority business. We have Bray Wyatt telling us he set Harper free, but just to join another group. Makes no sense. The looks on the faces of HHH and Stephanie were priceless though.

With the Wyatts he was the stand out of the bunch. He had the best in ring skills of all of them, and some of the best facial expressions around. Totally different from his true personality, which makes it so good. According to reports he's one of the nicest guys in the locker room.

Was really hoping his singles push would have been just that, a singles push. He doesn't need HHH or anyone else, he just needs a good feud to get him going. If he starts to mix it up with Ziggler it will be quite exciting to watch, speed against power, and interesting to see who comes out on top.

I think Luke Harper is great, not getting the whole joining the Authority business. We have Bray Wyatt telling us he set Harper free, but just to join another group. Makes no sense. The looks on the faces of HHH and Stephanie were priceless though.

With the Wyatts he was the stand out of the bunch. He had the best in ring skills of all of them, and some of the best facial expressions around. Totally different from his true personality, which makes it so good. According to reports he's one of the nicest guys in the locker room.

Was really hoping his singles push would have been just that, a singles push. He doesn't need HHH or anyone else, he just needs a good feud to get him going. If he starts to mix it up with Ziggler it will be quite exciting to watch, speed against power, and interesting to see who comes out on top.

I don't think he'll be joining the Authority as a faction, just as a member for Survivor Series. Like what Rusev is doing.

Guys... think back... back about a year when the Wyatts debuted and carried Kane to the back. What was their mantra?

"We're going to bring down the machine from the inside..."

So right now you have both Corporate Kane and Luke Harper on Team Authority with their power at stake... pretty much going to plan from what I can see.

Of course this might not be the idea now... but if you'd said when Kane unmasked a year ago and gave it to Steph that this is where we'd be... it'd have made a lot of sense indeed.

I think we can wait and see how significant that statement is as time goes one.

I, for one, think a feud for the IC title with Dolph is coming up, and last night, he merely made that statement to tell HHH and Stephanie that he is available and ready to be a part of Team Authority for Survivor Series if they want him.

Still think this will be a more explored Luke Harper than he was under Bray Wyatt. As his mannerisms seem similar to before.
Whilst Bray seems the same as he was before freeing the other 2, Rowan and Harper as Singles will be interesting to see over the next few weeks,lMO.

Honestly, I'm more worried by how sucky the Bray-Ambrose feud has been so far apart from the promo on last SmackDown. What a disappointment, if ever there was one...

They have done a decent job tossing a few swerves into this Team Cena vs. Team Authority program and I would expect we are going to see a few more within the next few weeks. While it seems Team Authority might be set I am not so sure we’ve seen the final roster. Ryback, Triple H or even a surprise return are all still wild cards. We could see Ryback refusing to fight alongside Team Cena while remaining a thorn in the side of Team Authority. This could prompt Triple H to send Harper after the Big Guy. The Survivor Series undercard is in some serious need of some big feel matches and these two monsters could put on a brutal epic of a battle.

dont think hes joining the authority just the SS team like Ruesev. Plus I think they wont be around after SS anyway. Team Cena is going to win if Steph pregnancy rumors are true , and I think they bring Sting in to be GM

Yes Luke Harpers getting his shot, with his look and his style he could be the best dark heel since the days when Taker and Kane ruled, am looking forward to him taking on the roster, surely must be going for IC title looking at what happened on Raw, and a future feud with Wyatt would be interesting.

Very nice creative from WWE, for a change lol

dont think hes joining the authority just the SS team like Ruesev. Plus I think they wont be around after SS anyway. Team Cena is going to win if Steph pregnancy rumors are true , and I think they bring Sting in to be GM

Yes bout harper, maybe bout authority and no way is Sting being GM a good idea, him turning up to wrestle is fine but to put in charge would be more than i can stomach

I would love to see Luker Harper help out the Authority. Give him a singles belt. The guy can go in the ring. He has a great look. He has the character down. I think it will benefit him to give a singles title, and be apart of the Authority. They can put him in the SS match and have him and Rollins last man standing. I am interested to see what the WWE does with him.

I totally predicted this! Actually, I guessed it. There was no way to predict this.

While it does seem odd that Luke Harper just leaves one faction for another, the Authority is as far away from the Wyatt Family as you can get. Harper and Rowan certainly had their own unique characteristics while in the family, they were ultimately Bray's followers. With the Authority, you have several superstars serving their own individual agenda (to varying degrees).

If Harper aligns with H's & The Gang, I don't expect him to show up in suits, or even join them for monologue segments. Luke Harper should be the Authority's unconventional weapon, only showing up to destroy when he is truly needed. In such a role, his absence would add to the mystique.

As HeroForHire said, it'd be great to see Harper & Rollins as the last men standing. Something about the imagery of former-Shield & former-Family members standing tall together resonates nicely to me.

People seem to think that Luke Harper is joining the Authority on a full-time basis but I never once had that thought. I just assumed that Harper, Henry, and Rusev would be on Team Authority at Survivor Series and than receive "favors" once they win (assuming they win). Maybe I'm wrong?

As for Harper being on Team Authority at Survivor Series, I think it's a great thing. Few people would have benefited more than Luke Harper if they had gotten the last spot, and I see this leading into an IC title feud between Harper/Ziggler which would be great TV imo. I'm looking forward to seeing Harper on his own after Survivor Series, possibly winning that IC belt.

I don't see him joining the Authority, maybe it's just me but I'm seeing him as the hired muscle to help Team Authority in return for an IC title match(kinda like how Rusev got help to retain his US title). Just have him come out during Survivor Series and attack Cena or Ziggler more than likely...or he could injure Ziggler before the match itself, handicapping team Cena 4 v 5...which could also be used to bring back Reigns if he's ready then.

Personally, I like where this is going! At first I was a bit skeptical but I think they can't screw up pushing Luke Harper xD

First off, did anyone else think of Teddy Long immediately after Harper spoke??? His delivery made it sound more like "I'm a team, playa!". For a moment I thought he was trying to express that he is as big & strong as an entire team of people lol.

But anyways, I absolutely loved this ending to RAW! All the b.s. with Ryback turning but then sort of turning back at the end of the night seemed too forced & was sloppily executed. But this little easter egg ending was a total saving grace for the show. Not only am I extremely excited to see Harper get a singles push but getting added to the main event of Survivor Series & a possible IC Title feud with Ziggler afterwards is awesome! Before Harper last night, the IC Title was kind of coming back to a stand still & I don't know If I couldn't have been less interested in the Traditional Survivor Series Tag match. Now I'm super pumped to see where both lead!

Guys... think back... back about a year when the Wyatts debuted and carried Kane to the back. What was their mantra?

"We're going to bring down the machine from the inside..."

So right now you have both Corporate Kane and Luke Harper on Team Authority with their power at stake... pretty much going to plan from what I can see.

Of course this might not be the idea now... but if you'd said when Kane unmasked a year ago and gave it to Steph that this is where we'd be... it'd have made a lot of sense indeed.

Oh I think the idea of the Wyatt's taking down the machine died a long time ago. Just like all of their other ideas, recruiting Bryan, turning Cena heel, even winning a few matches.

Unfortunately the Wyatt's were really booked horribly and they ended up splitting them up, or so they would have us believe.

Agree with Larisano, even the feud between Wyatt and Ambrose hasn't amounted to anything except a bunch of promo's. I really thought they would have done better by now.

I mean we're used to the Bray Wyatt neverending promo machine, and what a waste of screwing up one of the best matches in recent history for this. I'm quite honestly over Bray Wyatt. He's good on the mic, but has nothing to show for it in over a year.

I think next week Harper is going to come out clean shaven in a suit( or at least something smart ala Rick Rude DX) . Just call it a hunch.

If that happens I think I'll die a little inside.

I was more than happen to see Luke Harper back on Raw again, while Bray Wyatt is brilliant on the mic Luke Harper was easily the stand out performer in the group. His in-ring skills, mannerisms and facial expressions are great. Plus he can really move for a big guy, but that has all been mentioned many times before.

Really interested to see where this leads, personally I'm hoping for an IC feud with Ziggler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back