• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the number 3 guy in the WWE?

CM Steel

A REAL American
So we have another year until Wrestlemania XXX (30) in New Orleans at the Superdome. With the future of the WWE in balance of the Levesque family (Triple H & Stephanie). The WWE chairman Vince McMahon will be stepping down soon in the near future and the E is still building stars for tomorrow. With Triple H being the successer of Vince McMahon since his brother-in-law Shane McMahon left the WWE vessal Hunter is seen as the number one guy who happens to be a talent in the WWE. While second is of course John Cena who is the poster child of the company and the NEW WWE CHAMPION after FINALLY beating the Rock at Wrestlemania 29!

So with that being said, Who is the number 3 guy in the WWE?

The Undertaker who is the locker room leader in the WWE and is the only wrestler on the current WWE roster who's been with the company for over two decades. His days are soon coming to an end as well. And will be living the retirement life like fellow wrestling veteran Shawn Michaels. Maybe someone like a Big Show could take his place behind the scenes. CM Punk clashes with the WWE creative team. And Randy Orton is on thin ice with the company following his second wellness violation. So could it be Sheamus or somebody to that degree?

So who do you feel is the number 3 guy in the WWE?

Where in the fuck are you getting these rankings? How is a guy that has only had 2 matches in the past year the number one guy? Triple H wasn't even the number one guy when he was active full time, Cena was. Still is, matter of fact. Punk is probably second despite being a heel though you could probably argue for Orton as well. Those are your top 3 guys with Sheamus hanging around just beneath them. They're the most popular guys, they are the ones who sell the shows.

Where in the fuck are you getting these rankings? How is a guy that has only had 2 matches in the past year the number one guy? Triple H wasn't even the number one guy when he was active full time, Cena was. Still is, matter of fact. Punk is probably second despite being a heel though you could probably argue for Orton as well. Those are your top 3 guys with Sheamus hanging around just beneath them. They're the most popular guys, they are the ones who sell the shows.

I wasn't saying "who is the number 3 guy in the WWE" as by ranking, no. I meant who is the number 3 guy in the WWE as far as star power as well as political power backstage? Triple H is the future chairman of the WWE (along with his wife Stephanie) as far as power goes within the WWE as well as star power. Triple H was built for the business! He gives his life for the business! And John Cena is the face of the fucking company that's a billion dollar juggarnaut. That says alot right there. And John Cena has made that company more money than you can count Nate.

CM Punk and Randy Orton are good choices. But since Sheamus is Triple H's pet project from the ground up I had to roll with him.

You need to gone with all the hate Nate.

I don't know whether this is being misinterpreted or what but I think there are gonna be many people disagreeing with you on this one (Just like the first reply). I don't know how you can place H and Taker in this list, they are marquee wrestlers, the guys who come out once/twice a year. And personally if your looking at performers like these how you didn't mention Rock is beyond me. Appearing at and selling more PPV buys then both of them...

Anyway, that is not my point. If your looking at your 'top 3 superstars', you have to be looking at full time roster, especially for those superstars that are performing every week, getting those bums in seats and selling the merch on a regular basis. I think most people would agree that the top two right now are Cena and Punk. Looking beyond that for me it is only between Sheamus and Randy, I think them two are the closest you get as your number 3 guy. They are the guys that sell SD! and they are the guys you have to look at as your 'number 3 guy'

I don't know whether this is being misinterpreted or what but I think there are gonna be many people disagreeing with you on this one (Just like the first reply). I don't know how you can place H and Taker in this list, they are marquee wrestlers, the guys who come out once/twice a year. And personally if your looking at performers like these how you didn't mention Rock is beyond me. Appearing at and selling more PPV buys then both of them...

Anyway, that is not my point. If your looking at your 'top 3 superstars', you have to be looking at full time roster, especially for those superstars that are performing every week, getting those bums in seats and selling the merch on a regular basis. I think most people would agree that the top two right now are Cena and Punk. Looking beyond that for me it is only between Sheamus and Randy, I think them two are the closest you get as your number 3 guy. They are the guys that sell SD! and they are the guys you have to look at as your 'number 3 guy'

The Rock yes plays a big role in the WWE when he is around. He's the companies Hollywood superstar who they made in the WWE. He could be the Rock or Dwayne Johnson, but people of course sees him as the wrestling superstar who made history in the WWE. And as far as the full-timers I already said Sheamus for a strong reason: He's one of Triple H's boys. Sheamus has won three world championships so far in his young career in the WWE and is not that far behind from John Cena as far as selling merch and tickets and PPV's.

And CM Punk is a strong second after John Cena as far as the full-timers go in the WWE. Too bad he's a mega heel now. But not Randy Orton. He needs the heel thing right now in his career. He's made for it!

I think that the folks replying aren't getting the question. The question is who is the guy with third most influence backstage. and to all of you that don't get it. Vince has the most influence back stage because nothing gets the go ahead without his say so, and when he steps down HHH will be that guy.

So what Mack Swagger is saying (AS of when Vince steps down) HHH will be the guy will the most influence backstage. And Taker as the admitted (By most of the roster) locker room leader as the number 2 guy.

Now with taker retiring soon who will take his place?

I don't know if it will be Cena at number 2. And even though he is the cash cow of the WWE you generally dont get the vibe that he is really that well liked backstage...(at least not by the dudes)

I would actually go with CM Punk backstage as the number two guy considering who is comming through development a the main roster. A lot of the new guys coming up are ROH guys and have been influenced by Punk or have had or worked with him before WWE or had a word put in by him to get them there. Off the top of my head you have Bryan, Ohno, Cesaro, Rollins and he has had the back of guys with the talent that he felt have been unfairly treated Harry Smith, Chris Masters. So Punk would be the number 2 guy.

Number 3 would be an experienced guy like Big Show or Booker

I think that the folks replying aren't getting the question. The question is who is the guy with third most influence backstage. and to all of you that don't get it. Vince has the most influence back stage because nothing gets the go ahead without his say so, and when he steps down HHH will be that guy.

So what Mack Swagger is saying (AS of when Vince steps down) HHH will be the guy will the most influence backstage. And Taker as the admitted (By most of the roster) locker room leader as the number 2 guy.

Now with taker retiring soon who will take his place?

Yes, after Mack explained further his point I understood what he was asking (so my first reply should be mute really).

Personally I still see Cena and Punk up there as the top two guys. So if you've got HHH as number 1, they are my number 2 and 3 respectively.
There has been reports in the past of Cena being very persuasive when it comes to the way superstars are handled. (I'm very sure there was a report a few months back, that explained this was the very reason why we had not see Alex Riley for a while). If these kind of statements are true, and while he is the main guy, he has to be number 2.

Punk, as my number three is there for similar reasons than yours GAMMA. I believe he is now your man to go to when you have grievances or problems with management. Ironically, I could easily see him as the voice of the voiceless. Looking after them superstars that are coming up through the rank or may not be getting the breaks they deserve.

Apart from the two mentioned, it would have to be someone who has been there for a very long time, a veteran in the locker room, someone such as Kane or Big Show, even possibly a Mark Henry type character, someone who has seen it all and know hows to deal with most situations.

The top two are Cena and Punk, that is just obvious.

Number 3 guy in company (part-timers don't count) is hard though, WWE really haven't built up many other stars. Maybe Sheamus? It's hard to say though. Ziggler could have been that guy within 1-2 years if they were to actually pull the trigger on him.

I want to say Cena is number 2 but it's hard to judge since we don't really know how much of his power he really flexes backstage. The only reports I've heard is that he told the office that they should give Evan Bourne a chance and he got a push until the bottom fell out. I also have to believe that he's keeping Kenny Doane out of there.

I'd say not to sleep on RKO, his family does have history with the company and, if certain things go the right way, he could rise back to the prominence he once held.

I'm going to exclude all of the "Part-Time Players:" The Rock, Triple H, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar. WrestleMania is in the books, and these guys are going back to their busy lives away from weekly WWE tv. Their purpose at 'Mania was to spike the buyrate and give rubs to the other stars, now it's back to business as usual.

John Cena is without a doubt the Number One Guy in the company. The most focus is put on John's storylines and title runs over anyone else, and he just beat The Rock at 'Mania.

CM Punk is your Number Two Guy. If Cena got terribly injured and was out of action for a few weeks, you could expect CM Punk to dust off the babyface act and carry the company. Punk has always had the It Factor that WWE wants, and can effectively work as a face or heel at a top level.

There's a select handful of guys who are eligible for that number 3 spot:

- Randy Orton
- Sheamus
- Ryback

all 3 guys are very over babyfaces who get loud crowd responses all over. They all move considerable merch, have established signature maneuvers, and could all be considered draws in the company.

It's hard to say 1 day after 'Mania which guy is the number 3, but I think Ryback has the best shot of grabbing it. Sheamus and Orton have already carried top titles, and the crowd is ready for a new Main Event star. It really all depends on who gets the support of the creative department and backstage.

I agree with Mack, Triple H is the number 1 guy, some people aren´t getting it, the number one guy is allways going to be the boss, and he said that when Vince McMahon steps down Triple H will be the number one guy, and the reason is that he will call the shots or pull the trigger when it comes to making the decitions, and the number 2 guy we all know is Cena for the reasons everyone knows, he makes the WWE tons of money, and he´s the face of the company, so that´s the reason Cena has a lot of power backstage, and i´m not saying i´m right, but a lot of people think that CM Punk or Sheamus are the number 3 guy because of popularity or being Triple H´s project, but in my opinion ( this doens´t neceseraly means i´m right, it might only be my opinion) i think that the number 3 guy might be either the Big Show or Kane, because Taker, like Jericho or the Rock are only part timers, but the Big Show and Kane have been through everything and anything in the company, and they definitly have tons of advice for the newer part of the roster, and they are known to be geniunly nice guys backstage, so that´s why i think that a lot of the superstars look up to these guys, and because of the loyalty to the company, they may have some pull with managment, like Cena, these guys have been workhorses for the company for a long time, so to me one of these two guys should be the number 3 guy.......

I think it goes Cena, Punk, Sheamus

Even as a face Sheamus has eclipsed Orton in popularity because Orton isn't a very interesting guy to watch unless he's pissed.

I see this as who would be the 3 full timers that could main event a ppv and that is a tough call considering the piss poor job WWE has done in building their main event scene beyond Cena and Punk.

For me the legit #3 guy is Orton. He's main evented Wrestlemania. Is a proven solid draw and still gets a reaction. However he has gone stale and is ready to be taken over.

The guys most likely to slide in that spot are Ryback, Sheamus and Ziggler. Ryback and Sheamus for the simple fact they are the "typical" WWE superstars. Ziggler can get the Punk push where popular opinion of him by the fans is what pushes him into the main event picture.

Obviously all of these guys take a back seat to the part timers (Taker, Brock, Rock, HHH) when they come around, but these are the guys who will be there 12 months a year and at some point somebody is going to have to step up.

So we have another year until Wrestlemania XXX (30) in New Orleans at the Superdome. With the future of the WWE in balance of the Levesque family (Triple H & Stephanie). The WWE chairman Vince McMahon will be stepping down soon in the near future and the E is still building stars for tomorrow. With Triple H being the successer of Vince McMahon since his brother-in-law Shane McMahon left the WWE vessal Hunter is seen as the number one guy who happens to be a talent in the WWE. While second is of course John Cena who is the poster child of the company and the NEW WWE CHAMPION after FINALLY beating the Rock at Wrestlemania 29!

So with that being said, Who is the number 3 guy in the WWE?

The Undertaker who is the locker room leader in the WWE and is the only wrestler on the current WWE roster who's been with the company for over two decades. His days are soon coming to an end as well. And will be living the retirement life like fellow wrestling veteran Shawn Michaels. Maybe someone like a Big Show could take his place behind the scenes. CM Punk clashes with the WWE creative team. And Randy Orton is on thin ice with the company following his second wellness violation. So could it be Sheamus or somebody to that degree?

So who do you feel is the number 3 guy in the WWE?
My question to you is how would we know this if we dont work for the company...How do you know Punk clashes with creative and how do you know Orton is on thin ice. If we are talking third most popular I would say Orton but thats not what you asked

My question to you is how would we know this if we dont work for the company...How do you know Punk clashes with creative and how do you know Orton is on thin ice.
I am not the person you asked, but generally speaking, we don't need to work for the company to realize that when they made it public that Orton had his second wellness violation, and 3 violations means dismissal, that he is on thin ice. After all "thin ice" doesn't have to mean that they have an issue with him on a personal level. As for Punk, I don't know if he clashes with management but he occasionally has said in various interviews how he still disagrees with certain decisions that they make. Him having an opinion isn't necessarily clashing though, especially when he often adds that he understands why some of those decisions he doesn't like are made.

I understand the question I think. If HHH is the eventual successor to Vince, and he clearly is, doesn't that make Vince still number 1? Assuming that, I go Vince 1, HHH 2, and Cena 3. If Undertaker were more than an annual attraction at this point, I'd make a push for him being 3A.

Also, I like Sheamus I really do, but this?

Sheamus has won three world championships so far in his young career in the WWE and is not that far behind from John Cena as far as selling merch and tickets and PPV's.
I don't think Sheamus is really moving tickets and PPV's. Where do you people get these things?

I understand the question I think. If HHH is the eventual successor to Vince, and he clearly is, doesn't that make Vince still number 1? Assuming that, I go Vince 1, HHH 2, and Cena 3. If Undertaker were more than an annual attraction at this point, I'd make a push for him being 3A.

Also, I like Sheamus I really do, but this?

The Rock yes plays a big role in the WWE when he is around. He's the companies Hollywood superstar who they made in the WWE. He could be the Rock or Dwayne Johnson, but people of course sees him as the wrestling superstar who made history in the WWE. And as far as the full-timers I already said Sheamus for a strong reason: He's one of Triple H's boys. Sheamus has won three world championships so far in his young career in the WWE and is not that far behind from John Cena as far as selling merch and tickets and PPV's.

And CM Punk is a strong second after John Cena as far as the full-timers go in the WWE. Too bad he's a mega heel now. But not Randy Orton. He needs the heel thing right now in his career. He's made for it!

I don't think Sheamus is really moving tickets and PPV's. Where do you people get these things?[

If you go on popularity and crowd reactions, I think the a case for Orton can be made as the number 3 guy.

But if you go on the way he's pushed and generally the way he wins his matches the E see Sheamus as the guy behind Cena & Punk.

I also think you'll see this when Orton turns heel at some point this year and Sheamus will go over in the feud!

As much as I like Orton, I would be surprised if he got pushed for world titles any time soon. But I couldn't honestly say the same about Sheamus. So my 3rd choice pick is the Celtic Warrior!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back