• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who from TNA would you sign to WWE?

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok, the rules are as follows;

- You can only sign ONE superstar
- Why him/her?
- From TNA
- Current roster
- How would they debut?
- You can do it more than one time If you are REALLY torn.
- Any con's for the ideas as well

Mine is;

Hernandez.
I think this guy has GREAT potential and is an incredible talent. He is a breakout TNA star, and why the hell he isn't TNA Champ I dont know. He flys like a 747 and he has tremendous power as well. He could be a John Cena for TNA (only better).
I would have him debut, to the dismay of many (i expect) on ECW. He could answer the challenge of Vladamir Kozlov. He comes on to the scene, defending the US and that will help him get over. He can wrestle Kozlov a few times, and then loses once or twice and then finally beats Kozlov and starts his domination. He would really build up his character, and move after a year to Smackdown, for the hispanic audience appeal.
The only con I can think of, is that he is a bit older, he is 36.

So who's you're choice?

Sting.

I'd only sign him up on a 1 year contract and his main purpose would be the wrestle Undertaker at WrestleMania. I would debut him at the Royal Rumble by making him a surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble match. Taker would of entered at number 12 and in the space of 90 seconds would of cleared the ring of everyone in it, leaving himself in the ring alone. Then Sting would enter at number 13 and it would simply be a stare down between the two men before the 14th entrant enters (maybe Santino) and attempts to eliminate both Sting and Taker... and fails. Then they'd slug it out till someone like Big Show enters at number 15 and starts beating down on Taker and Sting.

I'd then spend the time between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania building the match-up between Taker and Sting. They'd then have a classic match together, with Taker getting the win.

The big con I have with this idea is what to do with Sting after the match at WrestleMania. But I'm sure they would be a number of high profile matches Sting could be involved in. Also the other problem would be is the man would be in his mid 50's and Taker would be at the very end of his career.

I would sign the Phenomenal AJ Styles. Why? Because he is simply phenomenal! he would debut on ECW and immediately destroy Jack Swagger, The Miz, Matt Hardy, & Michael Cole. After this, he captures the Intercontinental Championship and defends it on every single pay-per-view, destroying the Honky Tonk Man's record. By then, hopefully he fully develops his promo cutting, and establishes himself as the superstar he is, then he may get the chance to be a main eventer.

I'm with the above poster. I don't think any thought is even needed for this because the choice is obvious because there is only one choice for this. AJ mothereff Styles. We already know he can work the mic pretty well because he does so in TNA. He can be funny when he needs to be, he can be serious when he needs to be, and he always delivers in the ring. Have you EVER seen a boring AJ Styles match? No. Because "bad match" is NOT in AJ Styles' vocabulary nor do I think AJ even knows what a bad match looks like...because he's effing Phenomenal. There's less bad AJ Styles matches than there are good John Cena matches. OOOOO FACE!!! Ok maybe not THAT extreme, but AJ is amazing. It's plain as day and if I booked things, I would have AJ immidiately show up in a character such as Jericho did when he debuted. Heel, cocky as hell, and going straight after one of the faces of the company. I would love to see a Styles Clash on Cena. I have dreams about it.

I would sign Abyss. I'd have him lose the mask but keep the jumpsuit. Tweak his charcater to where he's still a little nuts and violent but without the weapons and dumbassness. I'd have Jamie Noble get destroyed viscously for a month or two until he gets fed up and brings in an enforcer, enter Abyss. Give him the kozlov push(i.e. destroy funaki types for awhile until moving up) and let Noble do the promos at first to establish the heat. In time let him talk more and establish a more equals realtionship instead of boss/employee relationship. Eventually Abyss turns on Noble turning face but keeping his "monster" edge.

I'd bring in "the fallen angel" Christopher Daniels and throw him on ECW, start him in a feud with the New Hart Foundation, I think he and Tyson Kidd could put on some great fast paced technical matches that would make them both look really good, the main positive would be another great technical wrestler on ECW that the fans would love to see, but I would want his debut to be kept a secret so when he appears on the ramp as a "mystery opponent" for Kidd the crowd would mark out something fierce.
He could then go on to feud with any heel on any brand because he has the ability to carry a match with any opponent (except for khali coz nobody can make him loook good).

Sting.

I'd only sign him up on a 1 year contract and his main purpose would be the wrestle Undertaker at WrestleMania. I would debut him at the Royal Rumble by making him a surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble match. Taker would of entered at number 12 and in the space of 90 seconds would of cleared the ring of everyone in it, leaving himself in the ring alone. Then Sting would enter at number 13 and it would simply be a stare down between the two men before the 14th entrant enters (maybe Santino) and attempts to eliminate both Sting and Taker... and fails. Then they'd slug it out till someone like Big Show enters at number 15 and starts beating down on Taker and Sting.

I'd then spend the time between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania building the match-up between Taker and Sting. They'd then have a classic match together, with Taker getting the win.

The big con I have with this idea is what to do with Sting after the match at WrestleMania. But I'm sure they would be a number of high profile matches Sting could be involved in. Also the other problem would be is the man would be in his mid 50's and Taker would be at the very end of his career.

He turns 50 this year. (He and my dad have the exact same birthday. Nutty.) It'd be a phenomenal way for him to go out, and it'd be a classic feud for him to be matched with Ye Olde Undertaker.

Also, goddamn you for beating me to the punch.

Wow, this really speaks volumes with what TNA has done to Samoa Joe's character, doesn't it? Not one poster has dropped his name yet.
Not that i blame anyone, The guy has been destroyed by TNA booking and it's a fuckin' shame because Joe is a bad man.
though maybe it's just more that people know that Joe doesn't have a place in the mediocrity of the WWE. So with that, i'll take my answer elsewhere as well. I know i'm probably gonna get ripped for this but......

Kurt Angle

Kurt, IMO is the best ever to grace the ring and I for one feel that the WWE is worse for not having his presence, drug addict or not.
Whether you love Kurt or hate him, you have to respect the preformance Angle puts forth every single time he hits the ring.
I do not, and I will not watch him in TNA anymore because that show is virtually unwatchable and I'd rather not watch them defile talent that doesn't deserve it. (Angle, Styles, Daniels, Roode to name a few)

Kurt could come back anytime and recieve a massive reaction from the crowd.
But It would be pretty sweetly shocking to see him as a surprise entrant in the one night king of the ring tourney.
Have him mow through the three people put before him and let him don the crown and cape once again. After that, we have the only Royal, Olympic gold medalist in the WWE well on his way to a title match at Summerslam to rip Randy orton to shreds. No face, no heel, just a bad son of a bitch who wants to go.

I may get criticized for not picking a TNA original, but the only guy I could truly see breaking through in the WWE is AJ Styles (who I grant you TNA fans, he is breathtaking to watch in that ring) but he has made it known that he has NO interest in heading north, so why waste my words.

I'm going with KURT ANGLE.

I'd love for Jack Swagger to be on Smackdown and be challenging everyone in the locker room to match's and winning. He keeps calling himself the All American American. He then calls another superstar out after 5-6 weeks of this and bang! Dun Dun, Dun Dun, Dun Dun, Dun Dun (You suck, you suck) hits and out comes the Olympic Gold Medalist. Can you imagine the crowd, oh fuck yeah I would mark the FUCK out!!!

Kurt could then enter a feud with Swagger building him up and could then move onto the main event. Hell Kurt could easily debut straight back into the ME scene if he wanted.

Kurt Angle has left a big hole in WWE and I'd love him to come back.

AJ Styles w/o a doubt. It is easy to see why this guy is called, "The Phenomenal" He has the speed,skill, and power to be a HUGE M/E star on a brand like SD! I would have him debut with some vignettes showing some videos of him from the Indy Scene. Then I would have him debut against Rey Mysterio and he will become a great superstar.

I agree with A.J. Styles.... I believe he is the most talented person on TNA....
Abyss.... Imaybe if the fallen Angel came back in his original outfit, Kaz, Sting....

itd be a hard choise, between Nash, Angle, Sting, Matt Morgan (he's the genetic blueprint right?) and Kaz

If I choose Nash, I would team him up with HHH and HBK to fued with Legacy, could have some great 1 on 1s tags and 3 on 3s try to get big sexy one more main title run too

if I went with Sting I would like most people have him fued with Undtertaker, have him debut as his emo wcw crow sting, after his fued with taker have him liven up a bit, much like he is now, and have him fued with HBK, two very high profile matches. Mabye have him run for the world title.

Angle I would just throw him in the title hunt, after a couple of non title big matches, give him a undertaker hbk schedual, most likely start off on smackdown.

Now for the two young lions. The gentic blue print matt morgan, he is tall he is strong, I would quickly build him up and place him to take cenas spot as the face of the company, make him a brock/goldburg/lashly dominance, and after estashblishing him give him a long domiant title run, probably be the only pick to start off as a bad guy, but eventually move him to a good guy, possibly right before his title hunt.

Now probably my official pick Kaz, I dont watch alot of TNA but what little Kaz stuff I saw I Liked, he has the look and the skill. Id start him off in a oppening fued with a healthy matt hardy, or someone around that level, above midcarder but not quite year round maineventer. Then have him fued with HBK kinda like how they teased a hbk jeff hardy fued way back when, or a good guy good guy anything you can do I can do better, he would beat hardy but loose to hbk. Then I would place him in matches with the other top guys, cena batista HHH, then have him fued with legacy much like ddp did with the nWo.

I'm torn between two guys: Matt Morgan and Robert Roode. I would definitely lean towards Roode, mostly because WWE has shown they have zero for Morgan. Roode could be a guy really in the shape of Curt Hennig. He's young, good on the mic, and athletic.

I would either go with A.J. styles or sting. A.J. deserves a chance at the big leagues.....He is a great talent.....Sting for more selfish reasons.lol. I have always wanted to see sting step foot into a WWE ring. So many dream match possibilities. Sting vs. HBK, sting vs. HHH, Sting vs. The undertaker. The list goes on and on.

i would sign jeremy borash!!!!! no i'm just kidding. i'm going with someone who has not been named but i think could fit well into the wwe, alex shelley. he has a good look he's young an above average in ring performer and can promo all day. he could start out on ecw as the heel version of evan bourne. the only con i can see in him is that his small size would be a disadvantage as vinny likes the big fellas.

Ok so shes just been released so no longer on the TNA roster but id sign Roxxi. She'd improve the Divas by actually having a female wrestler who can wrestle, it could even be worked into a storyline that she was against being classified as a "Diva". Not sure how she'd debut, maybe just a slow build up with some low key matches before getting into a feud with Maryse...

From the Men id have to agrre with everyone above and go for AJ. A feud on smackdown with Jericho or Edge would be great.

I'd sign Don West. He's easily the best color commentator in TNA, and he could replace Lawler in a heartbeat. The WWE could use his kind of expertise and focus, and he would be a break from those bland, business-like kids they seem to pushing as commentators, he should be on RAW, this would give me more reason to skip it, and make TNA more enjoyable to boot.

Kurt Angle is already heading back to WWE, so they hardly need a moderator of a wrestling forum to sign him for them, do they? Of course they don't. Don't be so ridiculous.

The only way AJ could get over in WWE is because he does flips. That's not all he's good for, but that's all WWE fans would care about. Unfortunately, Evan Bourne does more flips and Jeff Hardy has a lock on the rest of the flip fanbase. He's better off in TNA.

Samoa Joe would never get past jobber to the stars, so it's pointless signing him. Same thing could be said for Abyss.

Sting is shit.

I'd sign Suicide. By that, I mean that I'd buy the rights to the Suicide character and tell Kaz and Daniels to stay put. I'd then debut the character on ECW. Within weeks, he'd be ECW champion. Stroke of genius.

sting, just to see him feud and fight with 'Taker- something makes me think these two heavyweights could sell each other and put on an epic match that the fans have wanted to see for years! also, A.J Styles... my favourite wrestler. Extremely talented, awesome athlete and his mic skills have massively improved in the past few years in TNA, he can easily carry off a good promo and his in ring skills are very impressive. Would be great for a younger heavyweight who can really carry his own in a WHC or WWE title feud/reign. also, we could see my dream pairing of A.J and Evan Bourne, who reminds me of A.J a few years ago when TNA was fresh and the X-Division provided some of the most exciting wrestling on TV.

Sting is the obvious choice. Let him work with Taker and HBK. they are the only real icons left that can go. Hernandez, Kaz, and Roode are all nothing but mid-carders. A.J. Styles is great but he would get lost in the shuffle. Samoa Joe is a month away from being Umaga.

I think Consequences Creed would be better in WWE because his upbeat attitude is better off in WWE than it is in TNA. He could become a fan favorite in a short amount of time with the right push.

My first pick would have to be Kurt Angle for all the reasons already stated. I think I would SMark out for that return. One way they could bring Kurt back would be to sign the whole Mafia and have them appearing one by one, one week at a time. I know, Vince would never do that, but then again, he’s already done so much we all thought “he would never do”, so.

My second choice would be to bring back Double J. He’s not the Country lip syncing Intercontinental / Tag Team level Superstar anymore. Double J in the Main Event scene on the Red or Blue show could be the “fresh” Face (or Heel) the “E” needs. Triple H w/Vince vs. Double J w/Dixie for the Undisputed WWE – TNA World Title. (Is it just me or does this have that “Hogan / Vince – Flair / Turner” feel to it??) I know, Vince would never do that, but then again…oh, you know the rest.

I'd take AJ Styles from TNA because, he does not have boring matches and I'd think he would fit in the WWE. I think I'd turn him heel or I'd turn Evan Bourne heel and they have a fued on ECW, then have him fued with Christian over the ECW title. I would have him go to Raw fued over the US title then the WWE title.

I know he's not there anymore but Petey if he could keep his Little Petey Pump gimmick. But out of everyone that's there, give me Beer Money, Inc. and the Motor City Machine Guns. You can split up Beer Money, you know they will and have the Guns feud with the Colons, Cryme Tyme, and the Harts.

Wow obviosly everyone says AJ and Kurt... Kurt will be back and I cannot wait, AJ would do OK in mid card IC belt area... someone said have him beat Honky Tonks IC record and I would be OK with that. I love the poster that said damn TNA f-ed up Samoa Joe because noone is picking him, not that I would either. What abot Booker. I know he wouldn t come back but he was a maineventer in WWE and isnt even in the TNA world title picture at all and that has to eat him up. He is good (when not using accents) on the mic, and a great in ring performer I would love to see him back on the main stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back