• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Cena's greatest opponent? Edge or Randy?

1) CM Punk
2) Chris Jericho
3) Umaga
4) Shawn Michaels
5) Batista

Edge and Orton don't even crack my top five Cena opponents.

While that may be the case, WWE built it as "Cena can't beat Batista", and that's what counts.

You've done it. You've fucking swayed me. Not towards Batista, but towards Umaga & The Great Khali as John Cena's greatest opponents. I mean they were built up as unstoppable obstacles. And that's what counts, right?

You've done it. You've fucking swayed me. Not towards Batista, but towards Umaga & The Great Khali as John Cena's greatest opponents. I mean they were built up as unstoppable obstacles. And that's what counts, right?

Come on, really? That? Umaga and Khali are not Batista. There are incredible parallels between Batista and Cena's careers, too. You know, like debuting in 2002, winning their first world titles at WM 21 and being the pioneers of their generation.

I'd say his programs with Orton and Batista were his best, and his best matches came with Punk and HBK.

Oh, and no, I'm not counting Rock. Not yet. If their match goes well, it will be the best and biggest thing Cena has been involved with. Easily. Actually, it's already the biggest, not quite the best, though.

Come on, really? That? Umaga and Khali are not Batista. There are incredible parallels between Batista and Cena's careers, too. You know, like debuting in 2002, winning their first world titles at WM 21 and being the pioneers of their generation.

What exactly was Batista a pioneer of? Certainly not his generation, that goes WAY more toward Orton, IE, the significantly better, more successful, and down the line more influential man.

Batista will go down as a footnote in wrestling history, not a pioneer.

Id have to say Edge, hands down. Without Edge Cena would not be where he currently is. Hell without Cena Edge would have never gotten as big as he was before retiring. These two needed each other more than any two people have needed each other before in the WWE.

Triple H is Orton's. Because of the whole Evolution back story.

What exactly was Batista a pioneer of? Certainly not his generation, that goes WAY more toward Orton, IE, the significantly better, more successful, and down the line more influential man.

You know more than one person can be considered a pioneer of the same thing, right? I said in my first post that Orton is Cena's greatest rival. So this is really a moot point.

Batista will go down as a footnote in wrestling history, not a pioneer.

Batista won six world titles, the Royal Rumble and main evented three WreslteManias in five years. He will go down as anything but a footnote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back