• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Are WWE's Most Valuable Superstars?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Ok, rank in order WWE most valuable superstars in terms of drawing power, merchandise sales, tv figures, public relations, long term future etc etc at the time of press.

To stop this from going into spam section, please explain your decisions!

1 - John Cena
Biggest commodity in wrestling bar none at the moment. Love him or hate him, WWE has to have him in their product.

2 - Triple H
Is learning the ropes outside of the ring in order to one day take over. Can still perform in the ring aswell.

3 - Randy Orton
Attempting to carry the 'B Show'. Has lost a bit of steam but still very popular and WWE has invested alot of faith in him.

4 - The Miz
WWE rate him very highly. Miz seems very gracious in the spot WWE have given him. I marginally put him above CM Punk because I see Miz been more long term. No contract disputes, threats to leave etc. Also does alot outside the ring for WWE.

5 - CM Punk
Read hot at the moment and slowly rising. Given a year could easily be number 3 in the company.

6 - Undertaker
Career is winding down but Takers sporadic appearences alone put bums on seats and draw PPV buys. Has no long term future in the ring but the Wrestlemania streak is the biggest thing in Wrestling come March/April time.

7 - Rey Mysterio
Like Taker, could be coming to the end but his merchandise shit flys off the shelfs. Also reaches out to the big Hispanic fanbase WWE has.

8 - Sheamus
A unique look, powerhouse style and good on the mic. Sheamus is being built as we speak and like Miz, is a future face of the company. Alot of long term appeal here.

9 - Alberto Del Rio
Things havent gone to plan with him as of late but I see him having a great future eventually. Has a good few years left in him and it will be him or Sin Caras job to draw the Hispanic fans.

10 - Wade Barrett
Like Del Rio, has huge potential. Eventually, with the right booking he will get there. He is long term.

I think if you look past these 10 gents, then anybody on the roster could go and the blow of losing them would be forgotten about after a few weeks. The company would not be hurt.

Agree/disagree?

Ok, rank in order WWE most valuable superstars in terms of drawing power, merchandise sales, tv figures, public relations, long term future etc etc at the time of press.

To stop this from going into spam section, please explain your decisions!

1 - John Cena
Biggest commodity in wrestling bar none at the moment. Love him or hate him, WWE has to have him in their product.

2 - Triple H
Is learning the ropes outside of the ring in order to one day take over. Can still perform in the ring aswell.

3 - Randy Orton
Attempting to carry the 'B Show'. Has lost a bit of steam but still very popular and WWE has invested alot of faith in him.

4 - The Miz
WWE rate him very highly. Miz seems very gracious in the spot WWE have given him. I marginally put him above CM Punk because I see Miz been more long term. No contract disputes, threats to leave etc. Also does alot outside the ring for WWE.

5 - CM Punk
Read hot at the moment and slowly rising. Given a year could easily be number 3 in the company.

6 - Undertaker
Career is winding down but Takers sporadic appearences alone put bums on seats and draw PPV buys. Has no long term future in the ring but the Wrestlemania streak is the biggest thing in Wrestling come March/April time.

7 - Rey Mysterio
Like Taker, could be coming to the end but his merchandise shit flys off the shelfs. Also reaches out to the big Hispanic fanbase WWE has.

8 - Sheamus
A unique look, powerhouse style and good on the mic. Sheamus is being built as we speak and like Miz, is a future face of the company. Alot of long term appeal here.

9 - Alberto Del Rio
Things havent gone to plan with him as of late but I see him having a great future eventually. Has a good few years left in him and it will be him or Sin Caras job to draw the Hispanic fans.

10 - Wade Barrett
Like Del Rio, has huge potential. Eventually, with the right booking he will get there. He is long term.

I think if you look past these 10 gents, then anybody on the roster could go and the blow of losing them would be forgotten about after a few weeks. The company would not be hurt.

Agree/disagree?

I pretty much agree with your list but i would replace Wade Barrett with Christian. At the moment, Barrett is not really that over or involved in any important feud. Christian has a much broader fan-base and is more over. He has been involved in an amazing feud with Orton and is widely respected.

Good list but i would even go as far as to put Sheamus higher on the list, as he at this point, along with The Miz, is clearly the future of the WWE.
They are investing a lot into him and I see him being THE guy in 5 years or so, headlining Mania and such.
I would also leave off Taker because yes he is a legend and a big name, but at this point he is only a draw for one show a year, not only that but he probably only has one more big match left in him. They dont rely on him anymore is all i am saying. With the Rock/Cena match this year i would think Mania 28 will be a huge draw whether Taker wrestles or not.

with that said i would put Rhodes and Ziggler for a tie in Takers spot, pretty much for the same reasons that i gave for Sheamus. these guys are the future of WWE, their value at this point is immeasurable so the sky is the limit.

That's a good question. I'm gonna put some of my hatred aside and run down who I think is considered a "golden boy" in the WWE.

#1 - John Cena. He's everywhere. You can't watch RAW nowadays without at least a Cena mention or a vignette of him appearing via sattelite. He's the WWE's main draw and the face of the entire company. I don't think there's a current full time wrestler with a bigger name than Cena.

#2 - Randy Orton. What can I say. The WWE sees something in Orton that I just can't. I mean he gets a huge pop from the crowd and he's fantastic in the ring but let's face it his promo skills are average at best. His character needs to do sick stuff like what he did to Rhodes on Smackdown to let his actions speak for him and stay away from the mic cause he just flat out sucks when he's being "The Viper" in a promo. But he's still the WWE's golden boy next to Cena. He's given a lot of things and I'm not sure if he's even the most deserving of it. But I guess he sells merchandise and is over with audiences of all ages and that's all you need to have to be one of the WWE's golden boys along with being "invented by the WWE machine" although CM Punk has shown that you can skip that last part by getting yourself madly over.

#3 - CM Punk. He got himself mad over just by cutting one epic promo and right now he's even bigger than the WWE title itself. Punk can obviously stay relevant while not even having anything to do with a world title. I think we're gonna see a lot of good angles with Punk's character in the future. Now as for him being a golden boy I don't think the WWE would dare fuck this up and not use Punk correctly. He's a modern say Stone Cold. Very marketable and can be a draw as seen from the live event that was sold out with him being the obvious top face name in it.

#4 - The Miz. It's been reported countless times that Vince is high on The Miz. And that he thinks he's the future of the WWE. That fact alone makes Miz one of the WWE's golden boys but I think Miz can actually back up all of this on both the mic and the ring. He's one of the WWE's best promo cutters and has been improving in the ring by giving us some good matches against the likes of Rey Mysterio and CM Punk. It's obvious why Vince is so high on him. Miz has the potential to be a big household name in 2-3 years. And he's very marketable. I don't think the WWE are gonna ever give up on The Miz. He's come a long way and I for one am a big fan of his work both on the mic and in the ring.

#5 - Alberto Del Rio. This guy has been build up strongly since day one and pushed to the moon ever since he won the Royal Rumble. Obviously the WWE want to rely on him and Sin Cara to represent Mexico when Mysterio hangs up his boots soon. Del Rio can actually draw heat and even with Vince mad at him I don't think he's gonna get depushed at all. Look for Del Rio to be pushed even harder when he leads a team against Cena and Rock at Survivor Series as rumored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back