• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which WWE talent do you actually "care" about and why do you care?

I care about the WWE as a whole. If I could, I would like to be involved in some of the decisions they make, and I would love to be a part of what they do or are thinking about doing to make the company more successful, but I am not. As far as who in the WWE I care about, I will make a list.

Carlito: I became a fan back when WWE aired vignettes to hype his debut. I liked his look, his style, (his accent), I thought he was pretty decent. I still sorta have a certain type of love for the guy. I wish he would get pushed more often, and wouldn't have to get drafted so often.

Jack Swagger: WWE superstars with amatuer wrestling backgrounds are superstars that I love. Swagger is as good as the next wrestler and I love what he does in the ring. However, he is obviously going nowhere on Raw. I would like to see him get pushed elsewhere in the WWE because I care.

Kofi Kingston: I was very impressed when I saw his debut and by watching his vignettes prior to his debut, he seemed like he could be able to add something new to the WWE. He's doing a great job and I wanted to see him go somewhere.

Randy Orton: Everything about the guy is awesome! He is great in everything he does. 3rd generation superstar, much greater than Bob and "Cowboy" Bob. He's remained consistent throughtout his entire career, and I'd like for that to continue.

Santino Marella: I laugh just thinking about the guy. He is simply hilarious. I care about him and I just hope that WWE doesn't continue to make him a comedic jobber. Can't he be funny and get the job done in the ring too? I think he can.

Shawn Michaels: I respect everything that HBK has brought to the WWE during his 20+ years. I care about everything the WWE makes him go through, especially since his career is not very far from over.

Charlie Haas: To be honest, he is one of my favorite superstars to watch wrestle. His skills are unparalleled and he has always been very underrated. Whether I see him on TV or not, I care about his career in the WWE. If he's released again, I just hope he can find success in TNA if given the chance.

Kane: He has been poorly booked for a while now, and quite frankly, I'm almost at the end of my rope. At 42 years old, he is still as good as he was when he was 33, and that should mean something to the WWE. I'm complaining because I care about the legacy that Kane will leave behind when he decides to lace up the boots.

Christian: What can I say? I love the guy. He's great in the ring, great on the mic, he's all around great. I'm ecstatic that he has found so much success on ECW, and I care to see him succeed on one of the bigger brands.

Shelton Benjamin: Just like Haas, he is one of my favorite wrestlers to see wrestle, and he is also underrated. He's found a lot more success than Haas, but not nearly as much as some who can't even hold a candle to him. I want his career to implode sometime soon.

There is a short list of WWE performers that I certainly enjoy watching and look forward to doing so each week: Ted Dibiase, Melina, Jack Swagger, Gail Kim, Christian and Chris Jericho.

There is an even shorter list of performers that I truly care about- ya know, if I went to see a live WWE event and didn't get to see these guys, I would be severely disappointed (yes, they're in specific order):

CM Punk - I love this guy. I love everything about him. First and foremost, he is the poster child for ROH alumni success. I still think it's tremendous that a guy who had so much indy credibility has had so much success in the WWE. He still has a somewhat unique style in the ring, can cut a promo as good as anyone and looks nothing like what a "typical" WWE star.

The Undertaker - I still get goosebumps at a live show when his music hits. He has been one of my favorite performers since I was 10 years old and I still love the watch him. He physically looks better than ever and his ability to keep the character fresh is uncanny.

Sheamus - Yep. Sheamus. I can remember his debut match on ECW and I clearly recall saying out loud "who the hell is this guy". And I didn't mean it as a compliment. I have to say, that pale fucker grew on me like a fungus and now I can't get enough. He's not the typical pound-on-your-chest-and-yell musclehead. He does that, but there is something different about him and I like it. He is absolutely the top reason why I tune into RAW every Monday night.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for Bryan Danielson to debut, which will automatically make me care more about the WWE then I ever have.

If you're talking about who I like ATM and who I am following closely than I can go ahead and answer this one easily. Like Tastycles though, I don't really "care" care about most of them.

Right now, I am the most interested in Edge. Anytime you have a top guy coming back from injury it creates an opportunity to do something big. I like Edge for a number of reasons. Most notably I love how good and bad he is on the mic. He's so eccentric and over the top it's just hilarious and you just have to love it. He's had some of the better matches I've seen in the last few years, stayed relevant, and been a top contender the whole time no matter how low or how dastardly he has to behave to do so, and I like that too, he's relentless. I've liked the character for a long time too. I was never as much a fan of him and Christian as a tag team for some reason, but I really liked when Edge went solo and I think you could see back then that he was going to be something big in the company.

Bret Hart has my interest peaked as well for obvious reasons. I've just been waiting and waiting for him to make his return to Raw. I want to see how the whole McMahon situation plays out as this has been 12 or 13 years in the making and it appears to be setting up a really big feud leading into Wrestlemania. Just having Bret back for a period of time has had me anticipating and pondering what direction they will go week to week, and how this will all conclude. I can't wait and I am sure I am not alone there.

Bret is one of the few that I actually care about too. Why? Well, I grew up watching Bret Hart, I know more about him personally than most other guys, also I can really sympathize with what has happened to him in his life and the struggles he's endured. He is one of the most iconic figures in wrestling history with some of the most controversy surrounding him which makes him all the more interesting, and he has always been one of my favorites of all time.

John Morrison has me watching too. I'm waiting for them to decide what the hell they are going to do with him. Do they want him to go up? Do they want to make him a top tier guy? When the hell will he get the push? Truthfully WWE has been handling him just fine, I am just being impatient about this one because I really want to see how he will do up there. Odds are he will get drafted to Raw, and that is when he will get the big push if the crowd responds well to him there. I really like his gimmick, I like what he does in the ring, and I think that he has the potential to be a serious WWE champion.

I think all you have to do to get this guy way over is to put him in some big matches, let him show his stuff, and when the people see him do what he can do against main event guys they will love it. Keeping him feuding with mid-carders or just having pointless run ins with more established guys isn't going to help get him over. You have to raise the level of competition and allow him to showcase his skills against top quality opponents.

Watching this whole feud with Undertaker/Rey/Batista has been interesting and so I guess you could say that at the moment I give a shit about them too. I really really don't want Rey to get the title, and I don't want to see some drawn out feud with him and Undertaker past what has already happened. Batista is doing well with his heel turn for the most part and I don't see why they wouldn't have him against the Undertaker instead. They've worked a program together before and it was great. They had good matches and the feud was done well enough the way the two of them fought over it, that it really made the WHC look like the top prize in the company. I don't know why you wouldn't go with what you know works.

Drew McIntyre and Sheamus are catching my interests. I am anxious to see what there two new contenders are going to do in this next year. Obviously Sheamus has already done well gaining the WWE title, but we shall see if he can remain successful. Remember "It's one thing to win the title. It's another thing to keep it." Same goes for McIntyre. Sure, he's got the I.C. title and that's cool, but let's just see how long he can manage to hold on to it, and if he does or doesn't where he goes from there. I think they are both great talents, and that we can look forward to see a lot more of both.

That's pretty much all for me. Of course there are a lot of other people I could mention, but these were the only ones who I am really spotlighting right now.

Chris Jericho - Constant pro, amazing in the ring and on the mic and makes you fall in to the gimmick and always has done since WCW.

Randy Orton - Simply amazing, this guy gets better every month.

The Miz - The next big thing, he has bossed all his promos on Raw in the last few weeks. Nuff said.

Jack Swagger -Needs a good Feud to get his teeth in to. The guy is a blue chipper and needs some some of the writers behind him.

No others - I am sooooooo over seeing HHH, HBK, Big Show, Taker, Kane etc on my TV. Give me some new talent to watch please Vince!!!!

Randy Orton - This guy is the best heel they've had in at least 10 years. I hope they don't make him a face. Who cares if people cheer for the bad guy?

Morrison - This guy is the best in-ring wrestler the WWE has right now. His interview skills suck, but who cares? I watch wrestling for wrestling, not for interviews.

Ron Killings - He's always been one of my favourite wrestlers whether it was in TNA or WWE.

Santino Marella - He sucks in the ring but he's so fucking funny.

Ted Dibiase - I thought he was going to be something some day, he just needed to drop Marty Janetty (I mean Cody Rhodes).

CM Punk - This guy is good and his feud with Morrison was some of the best wrestling the WWE had in it for years.

Edge - I've followed this guy since I was like 10 or something, maybe even 9, everybody was all over the big stars like The Rock and Austin, but I was like "No, I want an Edge bookmark", so I bought one. No idea why I started liking Edge tbh, I think it was hair, or maybe it was because I thought he was genuinely cool, probably that. Anyways, after that, I stoped watching wrestling because of a severe lack of Sky Sports 3, then when I got it I was like "Uugh, wrestling, no", but then my cousin informed me that Edge was WWE Champion, so I decided to start watching again, and here I am now, talking about wrestling over the internet. Thanks to Edge.

Reactions: X
I actually care about all the wrestlers as human beings & really don't want to see anyone hurt or fail. I'm more invested as a fan in some more than others.

I'd have to say John Morrison & Evan Bourne. I've liked John Morrison for quite awhile (was kind of upset when they switched him from being Johnny Nitro, but now I like the Morrison character). he just has great style in the ring and I'm a mark for high flyers. His matches against Jeff Hardy are some of my all time favorites. I'm happy he's getting more of a push and crowd pops.

As for Evan Bourne, I'm deeply frustrated. he shows a lot of promise and one would think it would be a no-brainer to use his high flying skills to fill the void left by Jeff Hardy's "retirement", yet he's just become a (squash) jobber. I'd really love to see him get the push that was being started before he was moved off of ECW.

I was also worried with Edge's last injury. I'd hate for him to retire. For my money, he's the best heel, as he can bring a comedic aspect without being dumb and also play the psycho role without losing emotional appeal.

The Undertaker: I've been a BIG Taker fan since the old days, cos I love his music, and his whole macabre gimmick, he was better in the old days though, particularly back in the late 90s when he was feuding with Kane.

Kane: Always liked him, but I did prefer him back in the masked days, he was scarier back then, like a younger, scarier version of Taker.

William Regal: I like him purely cos he's English, and wish the WWE would use him better than they do, he could be a Championship contender if he didn't keep doing "wellness" violations and thus ending up on the shelf for 60 days.

Drew McIntyre: Should've fared better than he did last Sunday, he's the closest thing to a UK born main eventer since Davey Boy Smith, and is a good wrestler.

Probably "bad" reasons but I don't care tbh. Edge, Christian and Chris Jericho, as when I started watching WWF they were, along with The Rock and Chris Benoit, my favourite guys. Out of them all, Christian probably the most as it will be an awesome day when he wins the big one, and I will have felt somewhat invested in his character. Out of the newer guys CM Punk purely because he's so entertaining and I like his character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back