• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which WWE Gimmick Match Would You Recreate?

VinnieSunshine

The lord of darkness
Ive said this quite a few times. I want WWE to come up with NEW gimmick matches. I have created a thread before about it, and Ive had discusions about it in other threads.

Tonight we "saw history be made" as WWE held a triple threat HITC (even though there was a 6 man match in 2000). I dont want WWE to bring back the OLD BORING MATCHES, but what if they brought them back with a NEW twist?

Someone in another thread mentioned a match that was a HITC Lumberjack match.

I say...what if you had A GAUNTLET CAGE MATCH, where the winner gets a title. Maybe you could do it for a mid-card title like the IC or even the WWE title. LOOK! When was the last time you saw a GAUNTLET MATCH? Its an interesting spin on a classic match while still peaking interest and creating a NEW take.

Or maybe a 6-man tornado tag elimination chamber match. 2 guys start out and its the same rules as the elimination chamber. If your partner gets eliminated, you're on your own until its down to maybe 1 team or 1 team member. Winner(s) receive the tag titles.

So...

WHAT MATCH WOULD YOU BRING BACK WITH A NEW INNOVATIVE TWIST?

They already have a 6 Man Tornado Tag Team Elimination Chamber Match in the game, it wouldnt be a new idea, but really, why not new gimmick matches?

All people ever do is come up with a twist or a combo of matches whenever a thread like this comes up, but no one ever comes up with anything completely original.

A HIAC match is still a HIAC match, Triple Threat or not, it's not a tweak, now if the actual match itself was tweaked there would be rule changes or additions to it, the only tweak about the cell was when it got bigger and badder as they put it and it was a bit bigger than the older one

They already have a 6 Man Tornado Tag Team Elimination Chamber Match in the game, it wouldnt be a new idea, but really, why not new gimmick matches?

All people ever do is come up with a twist or a combo of matches whenever a thread like this comes up, but no one ever comes up with anything completely original.

A HIAC match is still a HIAC match, Triple Threat or not, it's not a tweak, now if the actual match itself was tweaked there would be rule changes or additions to it, the only tweak about the cell was when it got bigger and badder as they put it and it was a bit bigger than the older one

But WWE never utilized it with their matches. Games dont count. That wasn't WWE that put that in there, that was THQ.

Adding a twist to a match is a NEW take on an old concept. Look at movie remakes. Its not the same movie with new actors and the same plot...its the same basic premise with an interesting twist on the story.

Same goes for movies created from books. I dont want to see the same story I know made live action. Ading a new take on the ending makes its more appealing.

right so we basically have 2 of the exact same thread side by side on here now and the mods have no deleted it yet? wow!

Why just introduce a new match for the sake of it? There needs to be a demand and if im honest i think the majority of wrestling fans are happy with what they have at the moment. It's pretty darn hard to come up with something that actually works. Sure you could think of a idea that at first sounds really cool but in the end it just ends up failing badly such as the punjabi prison match.

I really dont see the need to bring in new matches. Plenty of the current and even oldest gimmick matches such as ladder matches, cage matches ect all still get great receptions and are still taken seriously.

WWE will eventually bring in a new match when they are good and ready and if im honest, i dont mind waiting.

I always wanted to see a battle royal in a cage. Now, I know it sounds "dangerous" to throw someone over the cage, but I think it could be modified to where it would be relatively safe for the workers. You could even make the cage shorter, but I think it would put a more dangerous twist on an old school favorite.

I'd love to see something like War Games in WWE the way they did in the old WCW with 2 rings side by side for the entire night with a cage for the main event. This was always one of my favorite WCW PPV's and would be really awesome to see WWE utilize it. I don't know why, but having 2 rings was always such a neat thing to see and see how the matches utilized the second ring.

It's not as easy as one might think to come up with something original or recreate something from an old gimmick that actually could seriously work and fit in with todays WWE product. The question would have been a lot easier 10-15 years ago I imagine.

I have always liked matches in which you have to put your opponent inside something.. Casket, Dumpster, Buried Alive... Maybe a twist on that concept (now Undertaker is hardly around and the whole PG Era thing a new take on Buried Alive..something that is more suited).

Perhaps a match that is the opposite of a Cage match.. a match in which to win you have to get inside a structure not escape from one. Having the ring surrounded by a perspex box with a hole in the top and little holes/grips down the sides for the wrestlers to climb. Ladders could also be supplied arond the ring area. The only thing is this leaves for no actual wrestling to take place really and is purely gimmick. Perhaps have a smaller box where the grave would be in a buried alive match.

I will give this question more thought and post a more well thought out idea.

@POPPYCOCK - After you realized you needed more time to put together your idea, why didn't you just NOT post your last comment. Take the time to get your thoughts together and then post.

"Opposite of a cage match", "perspex box with a hole in the top" - these are ramblings of a mad man. Creative though...just reign it it fella.

Well, here's a few:

Cell in Cage Match: Escape the cell by going through the door. Then, climb over the cage that is on the outside of the cell to win.

Inferno Table Match: The ring is surrounded by burning tables. Throw your opponent over the ropes to win.

Extreme Cage Match: Items are tied to the cage walls. Climb the cage to remove the items from the wall to use in the match.

Money In The Bank Cell Match: First to escape the cell, climb to the top of the cell, and grab the briefcase from the top wins.

Tag Team Cage Match: First tag team to climb over the cage wins.

2 out of 3 Falls Tag Team Match: First tag team to claim two pinfalls wins.

Pinfall and Cage Match: Pin your opponent, then escape the cage to win.

Ironman Extreme Rules Match: 60 mins to get as many pinfalls as possible.

First Blood Triple Theat Match: Be the only man not bleeding to win.

Elimination Chamber Ironman Match: Get as many pinfalls as possible. Being last out of the chamber adds extra pressure.

Elimination Chamber Triple Tornado Tag Team Match: First tag team to score a pinfall wins.

Inferno Street Fight: First to knock opponent into flames surrounding arena area wins.

Convevor Belt Match: The hanging belt is moved around the ring every 30 seconds. First to grab the belt wins.

Extreme Cage Match 2: Every 60 seconds, a weapon is tossed over the cage walls.

Table Belt Match: First to grab the title using tables as a ladder wins.

Extreme Rules Triple Threat Iron Man Match: A 60 min match where every pinfall earns you something such as a weapon, 15 second interference, pinfall immunity, etc.

Ladder Strap Match: Be the first to climb the ladder and grab the belt.

Anywhere Falls Strap Match: Pin your opponent, but no running off.

I'd love to see something like War Games in WWE the way they did in the old WCW with 2 rings side by side for the entire night with a cage for the main event. This was always one of my favorite WCW PPV's and would be really awesome to see WWE utilize it. I don't know why, but having 2 rings was always such a neat thing to see and see how the matches utilized the second ring.

Ahh how I was going to say the same. World War III was also fun. With the amount of WWE Superstars in the company, World War III type Royal Rumble makes more sense. It would be fair if all the superstars in the company got a chance to go out there once in a while and be relevant. I would love to see the return of the First Blood match, but I think that is just called wishful thinking.

I would like to see a combination of 2 gimmick matches (2 out of 3 falls style)....hear me out

Its essentially something like this...
1st fall: Cage match, as per usual the object of the match is to escape the cage, upon escaping the cage the 2nd fall starts straight away....

2nd fall: Ladder match within the cage, the object of this match is to climb the ladder and grab one of 2 objects hanging from the rafters depending on the outcome of the first fall...If you won the first fall you go for a briefcase of some sort, if you didnt win the first fall you go for a control to bring down the part for the third fall

3rd fall: Steel Cage ladder match surrounded by Hell in A Cell, now the object here is to not only escape the cage but to climb the ladder first and grab the cell key which is suspended from the roof of the cell to allow for the escape from the cell.

I am no good at coming up with ideas but i hope you can get the general idea, essentially 2 out of 3 falls but with each match type per fall still involved in the remaining falls...........I'm confused by that last part but hopefully you guys understand

I'd bring back the Dog Kennel from Hell match but without the dogs. Just the Steel Cage with the Hell In a Cell over it. Maybe a more controllable threat between the cage and the Cell exit like some "lumberjacks" that try to prevent exiting the cell door.

Or the Dumpster Match... like with Foley/Funk Vs. New Age Outlaws from way back, except the spot where the dumpster is pushed off the stage is required to win instead of simply getting them into it.

Lastly, the Boiler Room Brawl match. Could be used for No. 1 contender status. First one to make out of the Boiler Room and to the ring to grab the contract gets their title shot.

I was thinking a combinatiob of a steel cage match & a ladder match, to win, you must climb a ladder, get the belt and escape with it. This allows the opponent(s) to make a comeback and win/retain the title/contract.

Bragging Rights: War Games

I would bring back the War Games, and have it happen at Bragging Rights, much like WCW used to have it take place at Fall Brawl. the two team Captains would be the WHC and the WWE champion and throughout the night there would be a series of matches pitting RAW vs SmackDown and the winners of those matches would represent their brand in the War Games Match. this could lead to uneven teams and people being forced to team together who can't stand each other, because every member of the winning team gets an "open contract" to face anyone they want in any kind of match they want, so if they want the contract they have to work together. and the winning brand gets to chose anyone they want from the other show to switch brands. much better than some goofy trophy if you ask me, and a good way to bring back an awesome match... just make the cage a bit taller

Say what you will but the six sides of steel matches where they have to climb trough the hole at the top and of course the Ultimate X matches are probably the freshest concept brought to gimmick matches since the inception of he'll in a cell

A match that is a twist on the Hell In A Cell and could be used for Undertakers last match... a Cell In Hell match.

The concept is a mix of both Hell in a Cell or Cage and an Inferno Match. Have the Cell/Cage surrounded by flames. The dangers of playing with fire may make this idea not very practical and it would have to be brutal to the point of it not fitting in with todays product but if blood was left out and the flames were controlled in the same way they are in an inferno match it could work.

One Word...THUNDERDOME!!!!

Have the match inside of what is basically an Elimination Chamber without the pods, Bungee them from the ceiling and have an array of wrestlers handing them weapons through the cage. I'm not entirely sure how you would win the match wiothout killing your oponent though...The whole two men enter, one man leaves concept is a little too extreme for today's WWE. The funny thing is that this match has about the same chance of happening as all the others in this thread. I'm certainly not complaining...this is definitely a fun thread!!

I would like to see a Ladder match held inside a type of cage that surrounds the ring and the nearby ring area also. So no-one can interfere and then the wrestlers can perform moves off them like if they are pushed off the ladder they may land on the walls and then climb up and perform a move onto the other wrestler or wrestlers that are in the ring at the time. Basic ladder match rules from there with the winner being the one to get whatever is held from above the ring.

I like carnage. This would have been a good one for ECW...

but like a Battle Royal Table Match... you can call it Tablemania.

at TLC this year... six of the WWE's top stars battle it out in an elimination table match for the WWE Title. No Dqs. No Count outs. Just put your opponent through the table to eliminate him. Last man standing is the WWE Champ.

That woulda been real fun back in the ECW days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back