Which unlikely star gets the WM30/Raw after pop this year?

Radical Canadian Goose

Getting Noticed By Management
At WM28 Daniel Bryan got a ridiculous "Yes" chant which 2 years later is still deafening. He lost in 18 seconds but got a huge push which has elevated him into the Main Event (current storyline notwithstanding). The next night on Raw an equal "yes" chant erupted.

WM29 and the following night on Raw Fandango had his theme song hummed loudly by the raucous crowd. This reaction remained hot and he was due to win the IC title, but unfortunately suffered a concussion en route to said championship. He remains a mainstay in the midcard, likely due to the crowd reaction the night after Raw.

Which leads me to WM30. Which unlikely star is going to get that huge pop? My heart says a Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt. That seems to obvious to me. I would rather a huge "BHB (or something similar)" chant for Wade Barrett. Anyways, if a superstar breaks out after Raw following WM30 because of the fans , who would like it to be?

I think you have to go with Roman Reigns. Especially if at or before WM... or even the night after WM if he breaks off from the Shield. But I think if you say Reigns, he's moreso the "likely" star to get it. Who is unlikely to get it? I don't know. We don't even know how the main card and the headline matches are going to shake out just yet let alone predict the guy that will get the unlikely pop. Who we say now may not even make the card.

If Roman Reigns goes over Ambrose at Mania and turns face, it's gonna be a massive pop on RAW. I doubt he'll pick up a singles gimmick like Fandangos entrance or the YES chant right away, but that won't matter. Since this Mania is gonna have a lot of part times, probably more than usual, it will probably be difficult for a up and comer to pull a massive reaction from the fans because of a match at Mania. Perhaps Cody Rhodes if he goes over a heel Goldust, that could boost him right up again

I don't think it was necessarily the SUPERSTARS who got over on those nights but rather their chants/theme song. If you remember the night after wm29 they were chanting for anyone and everything... even Michael Cole got a chant.

However for the sake of arguing, I will say Bray Wyatt. Especially if the rumors are true about a possible Bryan/Cena/Hogan vs Wyatts match at Mania which you know Hogan will get the pinfall. I could see the fans rallying behind the Wyatt family chanting "buzzards" the entire night after Raw.

Roman Reigns no question about it. If this guy gets used correctly by WWE and not screwed over like Ryback or Daniel Bryan, he will become a big star. I could see him beating the other two members of The Shield on the grand stage, this then elevates the big push for post WrestleMania where he potentially challenges for the WWE World title. I don't know if WWE will slow push this guy or elevate him right away. You don't want to mess this guys push up because this guy may just very well be the next "John Cena" of the company.

That being said, WWE should keep Reigns away from Cena as he will obviously lose. I would do a slow build thing where Reigns beats both members of The Shield and then at Extreme Rules he goes one on one with Dean Ambrose and goes over once again. Hell, maybe we see a feud between Bryan/Reigns and The Wyatt Family now that might be interesting. Either way, Roman Reigns is will be that breakout star of 2014.

And it will be the beginning of The Roman Empire!

You mention Wade Barrett in you OP and that's who I'm going with. PURELY because 'The Night After Mania Raw' is usually filled with Brits (which Wade Barrett is one of) and us Brits do love a chant (something you Americans are yet to really catch on to).

As soon as Barrett's music hits for his segment, I can imagine a huge cheer coming up from the New Orleans Arena followed by a 'BAD NEWS BARRETT *clap clap, clap clap clap*'.

Whether or not this will lead to anything I don't know (MITB perhaps), but that's who I'm going for

It will be pretty hard to beat dolph zigglers pop last year.

Just hope its a new face. They need to put more young stars over
At wrestlemania instead of relying on returns. It doesnt matter
If the young star loses, long as he puts up a fight

My wrestlemania 30 card based on current plans

Main event

Streak - 2 of 3 falls - sting vs undertaker
(taker wins 2-1, interference from wcw and wwf stars will be epic
Goldberg,Hogan,flair,Booker t,scotthall,scottsteiner
Kane,edge,Christian,gangrel,triple h,hbk)

Wwe championship - randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan
(bryan gets his win)

John cena:dolph ziggler:hulk Hogan vs Wyatt family
(wyatt pins cena, does some freaky excorsist shit kicks
Out of AA and continues attack untill Hogan hulks up
And sends fans home happy,ziggler deserves push,
Bray looks unstoppable)

Career match - Cm punk vs triple h
(punk wins, despite dx and hbk interference)

Brock lesnar vs ryback
(lesnar wins, both are stretchered off in an epic match)

Batista vs big e Langston
(batista wins,Langston looks really powerful in match)

Intercontinental - dean Ambrose vs Roman reigns vs Seth Rollins
(reigns wins in close match very entertaining,
After match shield attacks reigns, reigns too strong
,mason Ryan comes out takes him out)

Tag team- real Americans vs the usos
(Swagger loses, cesaro gets mad and turns on him
Untill Hogan comes out, turns swagger face u.s.a chants
And cesaro begins his dominance_swagger needs it)

U.s.a -sheamus vs brodus clay vs del Rio vs Tyson Kidd
(kidd wins suprisingly making sheamus tap, Bret hart as
Ref, elevate Kidd to a regular tv spot)

Divas- aj vs natalya vs mickey James vs victoria
(natalya wins, big diva returns, Trish stratus ref, give women's
Wrestling a chance, draws all the old guys and men lol)

Barrett vs mark Henry
(make wade look dangerous winning fair, with 2 bullhammers
Then lifting Henry on shoulders for old finisher)

Mysterio vs sin cara

Career match - Goldust vs Cody Rhodes

Curtis axel vs big show
(show wins, but axel looks strong and also hits him
With fisherman duplex)

Pre show anniversary battle royal

Miz-kingston-rvd-christian-fandango-santino
Drew McIntyre-Xavier woods-rtruth-oniel-young
Mvp-sheltonbenjiman-devon-ddp-booker t
Roddypiper-Alexander rusev-damien sandow-chris masters-xpac

Raw after wrestlemania

You got -main event roster

Bryan, Orton, cena, punk , bray Wyatt, brock lesnar
Batista, Roman reigns, dolph ziggler, Cody Rhodes
Big e Langston, ryback, Antonio cesaro, jack swagger,
Wade Barrett, brodus clay,(sting give him a few matches
Vs Orton, cena, punk, Bryan, Kane,hbk ,triple h, Barrett
Rhodes, ziggler,cesaro,swagger.
Retire at survivor series by beating undertaker.
(Split titles again and brand, make both shows exciting)

Mid card roster

Big show, mark Henry, Curtis axel, miz , Kingston
FAndango, drew macyntyre,Damien sandow, Santimo, Alexander rusev
Tyson Kidd,sheamus, delrio, dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins
Mason Ryan,jinder mahal

Roman Reigns is surely too obvious? We don't know what he'll be doing at Wrestlemania, but WWE is already behind him and wanting to push him to the moon. The crowd won't need to get behind him after Mania and I think they'll know that.

Indeed, the crowd are more likely to get behind Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins, who are more in danger of being overlooked due to Reigns' push. Don't get me wrong, the crowd will respect Reigns and will likely give him a great reception. But it won't be the same as the Daniel Bryan support from after Mania 28. The whole point of the support for Bryan, Ziggler and Fandango is that they weren't obvious choices to be the guys the crowd got behind, Reigns will be, should his push go according to plan.

I saw someone mention Barrett, which is a possibility, but while people like Barrett, they hate his gimmick, so I think people won't be chanting for him.

My vote goes for Antonio Cesaro. If the Real Americans are given a match where Cesaro can steal the show, hit his epic uppercut, pull out a Wrestlemania-sized swing, the crowd will go crazy for him the night after Mania. The internet and older fans love Cesaro, and that's why they got behind Bryan and Ziggler, who the crowd felt were underappreciated. Cesaro is that same kinda guy.

Great topic. You're right it seems like every year the fans help give a star that moment by giving them that massive pop, and I do see it happening again this year. I'm going to go on a limb and say that Bray Wyatt & Family get it this year. Their gimmick might make them go over especially in New Orleans. Now I know none of them are from there but in Florida (NXT) they were heavily over there. If you ever see Bray Wyatt's farewell promo on nxt you would see why. I think the Wyatt wave will go insanely over with the 70000 when the Wyatts come out to their match just like in NXT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBIKed_9gfg

I hope B-Lad Buttybox is right about Cesaro. I've been waiting a year for this guy's push. He has thelook, the in ring technique, the ring psychology, and is very good on the mic.

In saying that, I too think it will be the Wyatts. I still think that they will be tweeners and somehow help Daniel Bryan in their quest to bring down the machine.

As a wildcard, if they let Brodus Clay run with his original NXT gimmick, there may be a shot for him too. Especially if they let him have back his old catchphrase. And you do know that!

I don't think it's going to be possible to top "RAW is Ziggler" from last year. That was the loudest pop I've ever heard for anyone, in any promotion, in wrestling history. This year...who knows. Maybe Ziggler will get a repeat. One can always hope.

this wrestlemania is roman reigns wrestlemania. Already wwe give him a win against cm punk in a single competition. before wrestlemania he split from shield and act has a tweener. Leo kruger joined the shield and beat some face wrestlers. But roman didnt involved in shield attack. At wrestlemania the shield attack any legends like hogan or bret or taker or piper then roman became super roman by saving the legends from the shield and became a breakout superstar and gets a loud pop from crowd.

Great topic. You're right it seems like every year the fans help give a star that moment by giving them that massive pop, and I do see it happening again this year. I'm going to go on a limb and say that Bray Wyatt & Family get it this year. Their gimmick might make them go over especially in New Orleans. Now I know none of them are from there but in Florida (NXT) they were heavily over there. If you ever see Bray Wyatt's farewell promo on nxt you would see why. I think the Wyatt wave will go insanely over with the 70000 when the Wyatts come out to their match just like in NXT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBIKed_9gfg

I was thinking the exact same thing coming in to this thread. We're talking about a crowd of smarks here so they won't do the obvious and chant for Roman Reigns (well they might anyway but it won't be a surprise if he's turned face) and if we're looking at what gimmick they'll give themselves it has to be something more than chanting a name.

Bray Wyatt cutting a promo and the crowd taking Full Sail's lead would be an awesome moment, I'd genuinely love to see a whole arena doing that

as the crowd the night after Mania is traditionally foreigners who have come from around the world for Mania week, I think Hulk Hogan will obviously garner a massive response. He will be involved at Wrestlemania and no doubt the Raw the following night.
Roman Reigns is destined for MAJOR things, I have him being split from The Shield well by then and possibly going over in a singles match at Mania, so his rematch the following night would garner a huge reaction also.
I do not see Barrett garnering any sort of reaction, nobody really cares about him any more. Cesaro turning on Swagger could create a great moment, but I highly doubt it considering the amount of huge names that will still be sniffing around Mania season

Roman Reigns but I wish it was Cesaro. He got the size, talent - I just wish he'd break away from The Real Americans so he can shine on his own.

There isn't anyone on the roster that has that goofy appeal that came with Bryan's personality and catch phrase at the time or Fandango's everything. Not to mention both guys went out early in the show. Gun to my head I agree with Blade that Cesaro is the most likely candidate although I wouldn't be surprised if he and The Real Americans don't even make the card. I could see the crowd getting really obnixious with the "We the People!" chant or "We the Cesaro!" or "We want swing!".

I'm sure all those smarks would love to lay claim to getting someone over or turning them. They would be especially intrigued at causing a scene if Hogan is involved with The Real Americans, some kind of reverse Toronto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back