Which TV Show Do You Wish Resembled Your Life?

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
Easy question, and an easy answer for me.

Boy Meets World. I always wished while I was growing up that my life was like this. A girl that I could love. A best friend like Shawn. I had a good home, but this show was just soo good I wished it was my life. Sure it was a little out there at times, but it just struck a chord with me. I wanted to be Cory. He always seemed to have a perfect life. Sure there were pit stops along the way, but he always handled the situations well and came out better because of them. Hell, he even married his High School Sweetheart.

Now what are yours?

Boy Meets World for sure. I moved a ton as a kid, so I never really had the chance to build a friendship like Cory and Shawn, and I never got the opportunity to find a girl like Topanga. I have a younger brother, but we didn't get along like Cry and Eric until much later, and my parents never resembled Alan and Amy. As odd as it was that Mr. Feeny was the teacher, or principal, or dean, every year that they were in school, I always resented my teachers, and never cared to learn anythjing but what they were teaching from them.

I know the show is a storybook life, but that's the point of watching a show like that. You wish you could have what they have, do what they do, and live how they live. Looking back, my life more closely resembled Shawn's than Cory's, but that could be why I loved it so much...

Boy Meets World. It's like the life I never had. Cory's life was great & simple & mine was filled with shit, gangs, getting in trouble with the law & drugs. I never gotten along with my little brother but we never gotten along like Cry & Eric did til a month ago. I along with everyone else knows the show is fictional but the point of watching the show is to wish that you could have everything that the character gotten in life.

Friends pretty much. But set on a campus and the local city. I can see my friends all equaling one of the characters of Friends, myself being a Chandler like character. Instead of the coffee shop, we usually go to one of our houses. We can get together and be buddy buddy with eachother, and for the most part, we have our core friend group. Nothing ever big happens, and there has been a relationship/breakup that affected the group.

My fantasy would be Entourage so I would have a mansion and a party with girls every night.

But in reality, the ideal life would be like most said Boy Meets World. Come on, Cory was the man. He was hilarious, had a best friend and a hot girlfriend who was smart. You got to be with a woman that you respect or else there is nothing there in that relationship. Cory and Eric had a beter relationship in the beginning of the show by the way. But then again, Cory and Topanga were virgins until marriage. I would not know if I could wait that long.

Friends: I pretty much think that's the end-all, be-all to how everyone would love an adult life.

You'd grow up with a select group of friends, and almost always have them around your life. I'd want Chandler's life, as he ends up married to someone that was a friend. That pretty much is how my life is now. I married someone that was my friend.

The only thing missing is living so close to all my other friends, as in in the same apartment building. It'd be nice to be this close to all the people who mean something to you.

As it stands, I believe my actual life resembles more of Everybody Loves Raymond: My Wife & I have a touch and go life, with our Daughter. My Parents are a bit much and likewise with Erin's Grandmother. Finally, my half-brother and I have a good relationship but too much time around the other and we're ready to kill each other.

Smallville.

Think about it. You're Clark Kent, you can't die, you date Lana, you'll eventually date Lois, you have Chole running around, you have ridiculous powers. What more could you want? I'd change the plot though. Use your powers for evil instead of good. I mean really, who's going to stop you from taking over the world? Kill some aliens once in awhile, then be king of the world. Great life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back