• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which of the jobbers do you want to see pushed the most?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
And let's try not to be predictable with Cesaro, since that goes without saying...unless anyone has anything to add to that. There are

- Big E: After his IC reign, he was put over Cesaro, but otherwise he went from being in main events with Cena and Punk to...not even being on TV. He's average in the ring, isn't very good on the mic, but he does have a distinct look and charisma. His intensity would make him an interesting heel, in my opinion.

- Zack Ryder: I wasn't around during his failed push and I've yet to see anything amazing from him, although I hear he's talented.

- Fandango: Er...where is Fandango? He makes the best of a stupid gimmick, but he needs to evolve the character in some capacity. To be fair, I think WWE did try this during his love triangle story, but that was awful...so...

- Heath Slater: I kind of believe they should've had a winning streak following his Rollins match. It would've been funny in its own right, especially if they were all flukes. They actually teased this and even seemed to make him stronger, but it didn't last very long.

- Titus O'Neil: Good presence, can be menacing or funny, has lots of charisma, okay in the ring...Never wins a match.

- Curtis Axel: Boring personality and I hear his promo skills are horrible. Decent in the ring, but not good enough to stand out.

- The Great Khali: Yes, he has been reduced to this. He's awful in the ring, doesn't take and his one great attribute (his appearance) has sagged. He looks too out of shape right now, although I respect him for taking so many bumps considering he seems to barely be able to walk. Can make a good comedic foil I guess.

- Kofi Kingston: I haven't heard any promos and can't tell how much charisma he has, but his matches are exceptional and he can deliver those spots. He seriously needs to win one of those big battle royals!

- R-Truth: Can become interesting again if he reverts to his crazy conspiracy theorist gimmick. He was entertaining as hell back then. His wrestling skills seemed to have deteriorated though. I like the 'splits dodge' though.

- Justin Gabriel: I've only seen him since he returned to lose against Bo Dallas, but I thought his in-ring skills looked really good.

Others I left out do to a lack of information on them (I barely remember Darren Young and Xavier Woods). Ryback, Mark Henry, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose are still in that murky water where it's hard to tell what they're going to do with them right now. Sin Cara seems to be a better fit for NXT.

I think Titus has the most rounded potential (from what I've seen), although he might be a bit too old by now. But I also want to see more of Gabriel and Big E, if they are utilized properly.

Heath Slater by a million miles. That guy has huge upside because he is naturally charismatic and is good in the ring. Like what you said there as I was hoping Slater would have gone on a flukey winning streak back when it looked like that was in store for him. You could even do it by having him always be the opponent of whoever a heel like Mark Henry comes out and takes down. Don't have them paired up but make out like Slater always happens to be the guy in the ring when Henry is in a pissed off mood and looking to take it out on someone.

I think Slater has the promo chops to get a gimmick like that well over with the audience

Slater for comedy stuff, he's a natural and funny on the JBL (and Cole?) Show. Not a big fan of comedy characters but he works and actually has a really cool finisher and a couple signature moves.

Justin Gabriel has a great look and is really smooth in the ring, he was most likely Adam Rose's bunny and has been a tag champ. He now typically wrestles on NXT or Superstars putting guys over. His gimmick is being a Thrillseeker so that might need some tweaking but he is alright on the mic for the brief stuff I've heard.

Titus is perfect for NXT right now because he looks monsterous against the smaller guys there and gets to play the bad ass big dude and throw people around. I say develop him as that or the muscle for a faction. Only issue is he's older.

Maybe JACK SWAGGER. He is the current face jobber to the stars. They may need an interesting feud and the gimmick is kind of limiting. But his chant is over, he has Zeb, and he's a big agile dude who has fun matches to watch.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

After he had a pretty big and successful return on Monday, I'd lie to see some push for Ryback. We've been on here for weeks asking who's gonna end Rusevs streak, well Ryback has the power and strength to do it. I wanna see a Ryback push, I love the big guys.

Honestly Brutus Clay could have been a whole lot more with decent writing. He had a unique look, good presence and could work, But of course, he got burdened with a comedy dancing idiot gimmick because they already had Ryback being fed as a monster heel to Cena, after than was done Brutus was too far gone to be credible. Now he is wasted on TNA with the rest of the minor league allstars.

Titus has a good look and charisma, he is just not that good a wrestler, and currently looks like he doesn't even want to be there.

After he had a pretty big and successful return on Monday, I'd lie to see some push for Ryback. We've been on here for weeks asking who's gonna end Rusevs streak, well Ryback has the power and strength to do it. I wanna see a Ryback push, I love the big guys.

agree Ryback needs the push, he's getting over and it's pretty clear he has the look and the ability to at least have a good run. Maybe not a world title run but he's a good character.

Guys... Ryback is not a jobber now he's getting a monster push and squashing people/went back to Feed Me More gimmick.

I wouldn't classify Bray Wyatt as a jobber because of the time they give him and the work they put into his vignettes... the guy just appeared on the Hell in a Cell main event. Wins/losses don't necessarily mean jobber.

What makes a jobber? You can't really say a guy like Kofi with multiple IC reigns is a jobber...

But going off the OP's list, I'd give a push to Fandango. The dude can wrestle like crazy and he just hasn't had a good gimmick with the WWE yet (from generic orphan BS to effeminate dancer).

What wwe should do is bring back an old belt either cruiserweight or hardcore or an entirely new belt for guys like slater Gabriel zayn and Neville and have a btle royal for it at mania and have Neville slater or zyan win it. Slater is the man and deserves better then what they have him doing. They will have this stupid bunny idea win more then slater does its like wwe creative has an 11 year old booking matches. What's next ? Bob the builder will win the tag team championship with spongebob

None of the above... I'd much rather them re-hire Drew McIntyre and use him correctly than see Heath, Rose or even Kofi move forward further. He is doing great stuff in ICW now, it kinds shows how badly he was used in WWE.

Kofi is Tito Santana for this generation and Cesaro is in danger of becoming Rick Martel... guys who are better than they get, but easy to keep where they are and valuable there for putting others over. I don't see Cesaro's future improving once the NXT crop start coming up, he's an obvious guy to feed to Neville, KENTA or Devitt in their first matches.

Big E. has failed, he is now almost set into the King Kong Bundy/Mark Henry of the 90's/early 2000's... the physically biggest jobber they have (once Khali is released).

Zach Ryder and Justin Gabriel.

Actually, just put them in a tag team. Ryder could carry Gabriel on the mic, and Gabriel make them match actually look cool.

Could we class Bray Wyatt as a jobber? He hasn't a very good win/loss record.

I see where you're going with this, Bray does have a lot of high profile losses on TV and PPV this year(as well as a lot of "Live Event" losses as if those mean anything, especially for a heel), but you also have to take into consideration the wins.

In 2014 Bray has TV or PPV wins against the likes of Big Show, Jericho, Ambrose, Reigns, Bryan, and Cena. And that's not to mention 6-man tag wins against teams like Cena and the Usos, plus even The Shield, as a team with the rest of his "Family"- something that was basically impossible for any other three man team, no matter how formidable, to accomplish.

So let's take a deep breath and leave Wyatt out of the "Jobber" conversation for now.

As for the guys listed:
I'm interested to see the creative heads pick a direction and see where it goes with the Woods/Kofi/Big E. faction. I think Woods has the chops to be a good mouthpiece for an intellectually, socially, and politically focused group that feels its being systematically held down by the system. And all three guys offer a nice mix together in the ring that could produce some quality matches as well. An interchanging "Freebirds-style" foray into the tag division would be welcomed.

The rest of the guys can maintain their current standing or simply move aside completely to make way for the next crop of developmental faces. Guys like Neville, Zayn, The Ascension, Itami, Balor, Steen, (and even probably the fast track on Corbin, who's exudes a future star-like presence) will be ready sooner than later to assume weekly roles on the main roster product.

I don't want to see more of any of the jobbers listed.

Wyatt, Cesaro obviously not jobbers but obviously would like to see Cesaro given a better position. Wyatt and Ambrose could have an interesting feud, but not on the Wyatt boat for much else, so after this feud I'll probably want to see less of him.

Aside from the NXT wrestlers coming up, I don't think there are any under card wrestler's I'd care to see more of especially when there are numerous talent in NXT who soon should be taking those under card spots (unfortunately, but better then nothing.)

hahaha. I would prefer Kane. He is a great legend. Now he is working as a jobber for Authority. Think about his class and also he is still wrestling. He needs to wear that mask again and turn against Authority and win world title, then ultimately drop that to upcomming star.

The problem with Kane is that few people would pay to see him fight anymore. Viewers have become too overexposed to him, his feud with Daniel Bryan wasn't well received and he loses so much that he's no longer a credible threat. You can't really fix that. I think Kane should step back from in-ring action, play the corrupt authority figure who occasionally steps in the ring and maybe have a nostalgia run later down the line.

I think Justine Gabriel is the most talented of the men you listed. He's got a great, unique look and is pretty interesting in the ring. He also isn't terrible on the mic, he can cut a promo or two. I'd love to see him get a push, maybe a few IC or US title runs. The guys way too talented to job out so much. He stands out to me.

I'd also love to see Alex Riley return to active competition and get a decent push. I know he's got his commentating gig at the moment, but he occasionally still wrestles a match. He's got a solid, main event look and he's pretty decent in the ring. And it's clear from his time behind the commentary desk that he's very comfortable on the mic.

Actually thinking about it bring up Sami Zayn from NXT and team him with Zach Ryder or Tyson Kid. They would make a really good tag team and a refreshing change from the weekly Usos v Rhodes brothers matches.

I also think Adam Rose could have done a lot better if he wasn't given the Austin Powers gimmick. OMG what were creative smoking? They could have made him a good Deathstroke type character.

I'm gonna go with a real jobber, not Kane or Bray Wyatt... If I had to choose one person from your list, it would be Heath Slater. The guy can put on a decent match, is pretty funny on the mic because you just know he's a moron in real life, and has some charisma. Honestly, I think he tries too hard in his current role but I can see him having one joke IC title reign. Put the belt on a monster like Rusev or Ryback and have Slater win it with a roll-up or cradle. I think the crowd would love it. Obviously not the IWC but the casuals.

Actually thinking about it bring up Sami Zayn from NXT and team him with Zach Ryder or Tyson Kid. They would make a really good tag team and a refreshing change from the weekly Usos v Rhodes brothers matches.

I also think Adam Rose could have done a lot better if he wasn't given the Austin Powers gimmick. OMG what were creative smoking? They could have made him a good Deathstroke type character.

Tyson Kidd has spent a lot of time trying to reinvent himself and already has an angle going, Sami is a bright future talent for WWE, Zack Ryder would be a death kiss. He tried to distance himself from the Broski thing and his entrance theme is still "Woo woo woo". Let those guys do their thing, Zack Ryder had his run and WWE has made it pretty clear he is a dark match guy or Superstars guy now.

Adam Rose worked in small armory style buildings or Full Sail but him coming out in large arenas with 8 or 9 rosebuds was just awkward and confusing. I know it's PG but anyone above the age of 13 would roll their eyes at the concept of "partying" being lollipops and hanging out with a guy in a cheeseburger costume jumping around today. I believe the deal with Kathy Lee Gifford killed him completely the other week and Kane quickly squashed him and he hasn't been on TV since.

Adam Rose should return to the Leo Kruger gimmick, which he played very well. But there may be too many "psychotic heels" in the mix with Bray back and Luke Harper coming soon. It's going to take time for people to forget about him unless they went for a non-cheesy storyline of a heel change. I think we've seen the last of him for a while and we haven't heard about the stupid fucking bunny.

I'm going with Heath Slater. I think he has a lot of personality and charisma. He is pretty good in ring and sells quite well. I believe he would make a great mid-card level babyface with a hint of comedy to the character, much like a toned down Santino.

Heath slater and zac Ryder would be good for
A tag team. Kingston and big e tag with
Woods as the manager, also add henry and
Titus to that stable. All titus needs is a new finisher.
Like maybe a beer hug. Make him look strong.
Curtix axel for now should
Join the authority till they figure out what to do with him.
there's not much for Gabriel left. Ryback has started
A new push. I see him and Batista at mania 31.
Tyson kidd needs a push. Jack swagger should end rusev
Streak at mania 31. He deserves it. Fandango stil has a chance.
Sheamus needs a heel turn after rusev. So much talent that www
Have no idea how to use. Authority should be triple h, Stephanie,
Kane, sheamus, Rollins and axel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back