Which moment in MMA pissed you off most?

Tha Wolfpac

Hey Yo...
Hey Yo!

Simple thread, which fight moment or post fight moment pissed you off the most. Something that made you blood boil whether it be a bad decision by the judges eg Shogun vs Machida I or just a fighter and his antics pissed you off so much.

For me it has, has to be when Matt Serra won the Welterweight title from GSP. Like him actually winning the title made me a little angry but what tipped me over the edge was the actual he carried himself around after he won the fight. His ego got a little too big for his own good, and he paid for it, i ll neve rforget when they were hyping their second fight and when Matt Serra says "Fuck Me, Then Fuck You Too, Man, I'm the welterweight champ now" when i heard that i became a lifetime Matt Serra hater. SO thats me how about you guys

Which moment in MMA pissed you off so bad?

see im an old school ufc fan and going to say something that none of the little ufc brats today will remember. i believe it was ufc 4 or 5(its been 14 years since ive seen it). when it was still bare knuckle and in tournament form. it came down to the finals and one of the finalist was hurt and replaced by an alternate who walked into the tourney finals fresh as a daisey and won it. he was fighting a dude who had already had 2 other fights earlier in the night and this prick was acting like he jus knocked out the greatest fighter ever. all i can remeber was he was a las vegas cop and he came back the next tourney and got his ass handed to him in like the first round. but that was the moment in ufc that pissed me off the most

Watching that loud-mouth Tito Ortiz demolish Ken Shamrock in like 18 seconds after he ran his mouth for weeks and weeks prior. Call me crazy, but I'm a much bigger fan of watching loud mouths get their teeth fed to them than I am a fan of watching them actually make good on their words – all of them.

I was really hoping Shamrock would feed Ortiz a hard reality check, but unfortunately for me (and the rest of the viewing world) Ortiz made short work of him. :(

To be honest, the moment that pissed me off the most was when Machida beat Rashad at UFC 98. I was so pissed off that Rashad got so damn cocky that he didn't even train to fight Machida, he only trained for just another fight. Rashad is my favorite light heavyweight, and to follow up the performance against Forrest Griffin with that horrible fight against Machida just really made me second guess him.

Nick Diaz vs. KJ Noons for the EliteXC Lightweight Title.

KJ Noons took control of the first four minutes of the fight, dropping Diaz and snubbing each takedown attempt from him. However, he never really ever had Diaz hurt. He cut Diaz, but Diaz the entire time was still moving forward, throwing punches, looking for the takedown, etc. Finally, come the last minute of the first round, Diaz starts landing more punches and even gets a takedown. The bell rings and both fighters go to their corner. And then the fight is called off because of Diaz's cut.

It was complete bullshit. It was a bad cut, but Diaz could still fight with it. Hell, Diaz had a worse cut against Takanori Gomi and was still able to make a comeback in that fight and win. There's no doubt he would have done the same against KJ Noons. But the doctor stopped it and then Noons went on to start celebrating like he won the fucking Super Bowl.

Words cannot describe how pissed I was. And I would only get more pissed as the months went by, with Noons absolutely refusing to give Diaz a rematch. To this day it makes my blood boil just thinking about it, lol.

The Anderson Silva dance off. It just pisses me off thinking about it. How can one man be such a hypocrite. He complained about Demian Maia being disrespectful, when in all honesty Maia was nothing but gracious in all things leading up to that fight. Silva then precedes to be a heinous human being and mock and brutalize Maia just to prove a point, a point that had no validity anyways. I felt horrible for Maia and really lost all respect for Silva after that, not that I had much left anyways. Silva is an asshole and really showed it in this fight while at the same time making a mockery of the sport.

A close second would be Tim Sylvia beating Andrei Arlovski. As a die hard AA fan I hate all things Tim Sylvia. The fact that he beat AA twice is just horrible to think off. I would love to see AA get some revenge for both of those loses.

Everything related to Tim Sylvia. The guy just has something about him that just makes me hate everything he does. He's a terrible fighter, and is an arrogant prick fighting freakshow fights. I just can't stand the guy. It's funny because he is actually related to my favorite moment in MMA history which was when Randy spent five rounds making Tim his absolute bitch. Ah such a great memory...

Another thing that I absolutely hated was Josh Koscheck faking injuries. Your a professional fucking fighter stop looking like a bitch. I can understand if you play it off a little, and stand up and take some time to yourself to regroup, but to fucking sit there and milk the fucking thing? Come on... Man the fuck up. One of the worst acting jobs i've ever seen.

A close second would be Tim Sylvia beating Andrei Arlovski. As a die hard AA fan I hate all things Tim Sylvia. The fact that he beat AA twice is just horrible to think off. I would love to see AA get some revenge for both of those loses.

This. I, like many of you, fucking hate Tim Sylvia. He's just a dick, and Arlovski is the fucking man. Always been a favorite, those two fights are just painful to watch. And I agree with the OP, the Matt Serra fight pissed me off as well. Matt Serra seems like kind of a douche, and that fight was pretty much a fluke. Plus GSP is the shit, I rarely root againest him.

I have two moments that pissed me off more than all others. I know it says one, but these are two separate moments with two separate reasons.

First Babalu holding the anaconda choke on Heath after Heath tapped and then continued to hold it after Mazzagatti ordered him to let it go. This is fucking bullshit. This goes against everything I've learned as a martial artist. I lost all respect for Babalu that day and still, to this day, will not root for him. That's not how a professional, let alone a professional martial artist trained in discipline, should behave.

Second Forget the Silva/Maia dance off, I want to talk about the original borefest. Quarry vs. Starnes. I have never been that angry at a fight in my life. I mean, I respect lopsided fights when someone is trying, but that fight set the standard for running away in a fight. Fuck, Quarry did the "Running Man" during the fight and covered his face with one hand while throwing punches with the other, that's how bad it was.

Brock losing to Mir.. I've been watching UFC since day one but I've been watching WWE my whole life and watching Brock lose really got me upset..

I really don't get that upset in UFC.. I like all fights. But Brock bothered me.

The Ultimate Fighter Season One: Koscheck/Leben situation. I first started watching MMA b/c of this show and not one moment pissed me off more than what Koscheck and what's his name did to Leben and I believe Leben should have won the fight him and Josh had on the show. Koscheck did nothing but have Leben in a guard for each round and Leben actually hit Josh. Needless to say, I have never been a Koscheck fan after season one.

The first thing that I could think of was Royce Gracie at UFC 3. I didn't consider it at the time (since I was too young to put that much thought into it), but looking back, Gracie really did pull a bitch move. For those who don't know, Gracie had a good fight with Kimo in the first round, and then went to the cage for his second round fight. However, he punked out and forfeited the fight before it even started.

The fact Gracie didn't want to fight the second round doesn't bother me, but if you can't fight, then he should have not even come to the cage, and should have given an alternate a chance to fight in his stead. I always thought that was low-class.

The only other thing I can think of is the Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz fight and the Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski fight at UFC 61. I was into the UFC really early, watching the very first one shortly after it aired. I got out of it for a while, but had gotten back into it a little with the Shamrock vs. Ortiz feud, so I was pumped for the fight at UFC 61. Then the fight was a joke, with Ortiz dominating Shamrock, but due to a controversial early stoppage in the first round (well, controversial to Shamrock) I didn't feel satisfied the feud had been settled. Then in the main-event, it was 5 BORING rounds of heavyweights doing little more than standing and displaying piss bucket boxing. The UFC card which should have gotten me back into MMA actually made me lose interest in it again until UFC 100.

Those are the only two I can think of. Well, I guess I could have put any time Josh Koscheck wins, but I figured that was obvious.

see im an old school ufc fan and going to say something that none of the little ufc brats today will remember. i believe it was ufc 4 or 5(its been 14 years since ive seen it). when it was still bare knuckle and in tournament form. it came down to the finals and one of the finalist was hurt and replaced by an alternate who walked into the tourney finals fresh as a daisey and won it. he was fighting a dude who had already had 2 other fights earlier in the night and this prick was acting like he jus knocked out the greatest fighter ever. all i can remeber was he was a las vegas cop and he came back the next tourney and got his ass handed to him in like the first round. but that was the moment in ufc that pissed me off the most
The guy you are thinking of is Steve Jennum, and it was UFC 3. But it's not the guy he faced had a tough road to the finals either. Harold Howard won his first fight in less than a minute, and won his second by forfeit when Royce Gracie wouldn't fight. So, it was basically a fair and even match. Howard had NOT fought two times that night.

The Ultimate Fighter Season One: Koscheck/Leben situation. I first started watching MMA b/c of this show and not one moment pissed me off more than what Koscheck and what's his name did to Leben and I believe Leben should have won the fight him and Josh had on the show. Koscheck did nothing but have Leben in a guard for each round and Leben actually hit Josh. Needless to say, I have never been a Koscheck fan after season one.
Bobby Southworth was his name...well, still is.

I know Guy's moment...

When Anderson Silva slapped on that sweet triangle and won mid-way through round 5 after getting the ever-loving shit beat out of him for the entire fight. :D

I have to go for the Light Heavyweight title fight at UFC 104 where Mauricio Shogun Rue, in my eyes, legitimately won the title from Lyoto Machida before the judges delivered one of the worst decisions I have ever seen handing the title back to Machida.

I'm a big fan of both guys but Rua made Machida look terrible for the entire fight. Thankfully, justice was dealt and the rematch was made but it should never have been necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back