Everybody loves Matt Hughes

jmt225

Global Moderator
I read yesterday that Paul Daley, who recently won in impressive fashion against Martin Kampmann at UFC 103, called out Matt Hughes. That makes him the forth person to do that within the past 2 months or so, as Matt Serra wants a rematch with Matt Hughes, Mike Swick was pissed about Hughes not fighting him, and Koscheck called Hughes out after his victory over Frank Trigg at UFC 103. Hughes, however, has shown zero interest in fighting any of these individuals. But he'll have to do something eventually. So, the question is...

If it were up to you, who would be Matt Hughes' next opponent out of the following options, and why is that so?

A. Matt Serra
B. Mike Swick
C. Josh Koscheck
D. Paul Daley

..................................................​

Now, obviously with Swick vs. Dan Hardy now set for UFC 105 to determine the #1 Contender for GSP's UFC Welterweight Championship, Swick won't be fighting Hughes any time soon, but still... if he's your choice, then don't hesitate to say so because of that.

Nevertheless, my choice is definitely C, Josh Koscheck. Now, I use to hate Koscheck more than any other fighter in MMA. His antics on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter were just pathetic, and after the whole Diego Sanchez debacle... I just could not stand the dude no longer and could not wait to see him get demolished. However, in the past year, I've come to like him quite a bit. Sure, his smugness is still annoying as all hell, but I think he's a tremendous fighter and as a person... I believe he's grown up a lot since 2005/2006. And a fight against Matt Hughes I feel is just what he needs to get him to the next level.

I mean, recently... Josh has thought himself as a stand-up fighter. And even though he has a shit load of power in his punches for a Welterweight, I still believe his strongest suit is his wrestling, and I think if he were to fight Matt Hughes, we'd see that side of him again and he'll show us all he's still a top caliber wrestler in this sport. And not only that, but I really think he could knock Hughes' ass clean out at the same time, and that's something I'd really like to see as well.

Honestly I know its a long shot but I would go with option E) Jon Fitch. I know Fitch has a fight with Almeida coming up but for Fitch to truely be considered for another shot at GSP I think he should have to go through the greates welterweight of all time Matt Hughes. If Fitch could get through Hughes he would deff. be next in line for a rematch and I completely believe that he would destroy Hughes. I am also a little biased considering Fitch is from my hometown.

C.) Koscheck all day, A fight with Hughes would be real interesting, Koscheck can stand up with him and make him use boxing or they can have one hell of a wrestling match with some mean ground n pound. With a win over Hughes it would help avenge some of those losses against top welter weights, I know he beat Sanchez but he has lost to all the top contenders he has fought after, GSP, Alves, and Thaigo. And like IndyJon, he is homegrown so that plays a part of my choice.
I dont think a fight with Daley would draw that much since he is new to UFC, I wanted to see Swick vs Daley since he dominated Swick's would be opponent in Kampmann, But Ill take Hardy vs Swick!
but since Hughes is being a Bitch we will have to wait and see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back