Which Mexican wrestler could replace Rey Mysterio in the future?

GenMe

GenMe
As some of us know Rey Mysterio's WWE career is almost over,He had an interview a few weeks ago and what he had said was that he is thinking of retiring in about 1 year or 2,Because of all the knee injuries he had in the past and as right now rey will still have knee surgery in the near future.Me as a mexican im very proud of rey for making it big in the Wrestling World/WWE.Well yeah he have won only 1 major title, the World Heavyweight Championship.But 99.9% of wrestlingfans know who Rey Mysterio Jr. is so my question is,Who could take Rey's place as a top dog mexican/latino wrestler? and what mexican wrestler will you like to see in the WWE in the near future? Thank you hope to hear from you guys the wrestlezone members and guest............

As for right now WWE sign 2 mexican luchadores, one goes by the name of mystico a.k.a incognito, And the other luchador goes by the name of Super nova.Both luchadores worked for AAA and CMLL mexican wrestling companies the also work for ROH and indies.Both of these wrestlers are high flyers and there also quick in the ring like rey.They all have very good backgrounds as luchadores, Both of then had major titles in mexico an in europe.Basically these 2 luchadores are good. so hope this little info could get this threat started thanks.... hope to hear from yall

Incognito could do it, which is probably why he has been signed. He is from El Paso, and I think he has something to do with the Guerrero family, or they said that when I saw him live. Either way, it means that he can probably speak English, which is a real start. Super Nova is arguably more similar to Mysterio, but as a genuine Mexican, I'm not sure if he can speak English.

That being said, I do sometimes wonder if the masked luchador will always be a position in the WWE. The company has tended to favour unmasked wrestlers in the past in its Mexicans, but I think that Incognito, from the little I've seen of him, has potential.

the WWE knows it has a big hispanic market which is why rey mysterio is one of the major stars on smackdown. So i think it comes to nobodies surprise the WWE is eyeing for more latin talent.

As mentioned they have Super Nova and Incognito but they also have dos caras jr. I remembered the wwe basically spent over a year trying to sign dos caras jr, he was one of the major signings they wanted to make, but oddly enough once they signed him he kinda fell off the radar and havent really heard anything major from him.

But as far as the next rey mysterio, the one that comes to mind is Extreme Tiger. I recently got back into AAA, and one of the first things i watch was triplemania XVII and he was in a 4way dance for the AAA crusierweight title and wow what match he had. He had moves, he flew,he had speed,tough, and was super over with the crowd. He basically reminded me a lot of the young rey back when he first came on the scene with ecw and wcw before all the injuries caught up to him. But what sets extreme tiger apart is his toughness in other matches ive seen him in since then, theyve hit him with chairs, tables,etc bleed, been hurt but he was still able to do his thing.

So basically i do a little research on him and surprise his trainer, the original rey mysterio the uncle of rey mysterio jr. So that kinda explains his style and possibly the mask*he has a similar mask like rey* design as an homage to both mysterios. So that brings to my mind what relationship does extreme tiger have with rey jr? we know he has probably a good one with reys uncle since he trained him and basically is a bit like rey both in ring gear and style. Would the WWE welcome basically extreme tiger and make him a new version of rey? would reys uncle ask for rey to vouch for extreme tiger? or would rey put over extreme tiger before he left as his replacement?

Either way im very intrigued where this may lead to when he retires because WWE seems to know that the hispanic market is a huge resource and they really support rey, so WWE would like to keep that market strong even after rey retires.

If you are talking masked wrestlers than Mistico is probably the best bet if they were going to get anyone in. I do see that the WWE have gotten a couple of Luchadors in development but the problem is that they won't know what to do with them, and will just rehash Rey Mysterio Jr storylines. Which is a shame as there are some very talented wrestlers in Mexico.

I don't know about replace Mysterio, but Judas Macias should be in the WWE. If only they would let him have an exception to that wellness policy (I hear he's got a big coke problem and I'm guessing a steroid problem too).

A man has a coke problem and you think he should be given a pass on the WWE wellness policy? Are you out of your fucking mind? Coke is a Class A drug, last time I checked. That means that it is highly illegal, it can also destroy a person, great idea have a representative of your company jacked up on Coke. One of the stupidest ideas ever.

AS for Judas Macias, wasn't he in the E at some stage? Something to do with Carlito? If he was then he got let go for a reason and if it is a bad enough reason than he won't be back.

I think they will try to bring a masked guy to replace mysterio eventually. The smart thing would be bring him up while mysterio is still there to have like some time for the character to build before they rely on him to be the big luchadore. Could even do some storyline partnerships with mysterio and have a few amazing matchs to get him over as a legit equal to mysterio for the fans.

As for who I think it could be only guy that comes to mind is Mistico or while hes not mexican I think PUMA(aka TJ Perkins) could do the job. Hes currently in florida doing some stuff with DGUSA and Evolve and FIP. Also he said he is aiming for getting into the wwe. He has worked some dark matchs and now that Danielson is in there I think his possibilitys will rise.

I'm personally not very familiar with the various Mexican up and comers, but I do think that the legacy of Rey Mysterio should be passed on in the tradition of masked wrestlers...with the mask and identity being passed on to another. After all, Rey Jr. wasn't the first Rey Mysterio.

Still, if they do this, they'll really have to pay attention to find someone able to carry on the legacy. The way I'd do it is bring up the next Rey, have the current Rey Mysterio mentor him in a kind of "apprenticeship" situation, and then have Rey's last match be against the apprentice for the mask. Maybe at a Wrestlemania event. Only fair given all that Rey's given to the company.

Mistico was supposed to be up in the WWE by this time already, but that hasn't happened yet. I can see him making the turn soon enough however. Id like for him to have a heel versus Mysterio face storyline in the WWE. It would be a great match at Wrestlemania, perhaps a mask versus mask match, that could have Rey Mysterio being put over to retire, or him giving the push to Mistico.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back