• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which match do you think was worthy enough to happen at Wrestlemania?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
just like the title says Im going to give you some matches and I want you to choose or add a match of your own which was worthy enough to take place at Wrestlemania? Ok here we go.............

Mankind vs Undertaker Hell in The Cell KOTR 1998
a match that will live forever with mick foley being thrown off the HITC then thrown through the HITC, the best oh shit moments in history would this of ment more if it happened at Wrestlemania?

Steve Austin vs Undertaker Summerslam 1998
it was a great back and fourth match with Undertaker doing that great leg drop from the top rope through the table could this match have happened at WM and would it of been as big?

Steve Austin vs Triple H 3 Stages of Hell No Way Out 2001
this was one of the greatest feuds to happen in the WWE it started in 1999 and ended in 2001 these 2 guys left everything in the ring but is this more worthy to happen at WM more then the rest.

The Rock vs Triple H Iron Man Match Judgement Day 2000
the second ever Iron man match in the WWE their feud was at it highest at this point these 2 told a great story for an hour and the ending was fantasic witht the return of the undertaker added to the match and then throw HBK in thier makes a true classic which last's forever.

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels Street Fight Summerslam 2002
it was HBK's return match the build up was classic the match was match of the year, with Hogan vs Rock at WM18 this could of been the second main event and stole the show so could this be worhty of Wrestlemania?

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels Street Fight Summerslam 2002
it was HBK's return match the build up was classic the match was match of the year, with Hogan vs Rock at WM18 this could of been the second main event and stole the show so could this be worhty of Wrestlemania?

This was the first match that came to mind for me when I read this thread. Excellent choice. This had an awesome build, and the match itself was absolutely outstanding, mostly down to how well Shawn did, considering it was his first match in over 4 years. That build was special and you could sense there was a real fight feel going into that Summerslam. So to have that as the co-main event of a WrestleMania would of been brilliant, especially since Shawn's best performance's have come at WrestleMania's (on the whole).

rock vs mankind i quite match. one of the best matches of all time. crazy match that had a great ending.

Some good match choices there.

For me it will always be Bret Hart vs The Undertaker for the WWF Title at Summerslam 1997.

Such a competitive match that had that big match feel that we all love.

Those are all great choices but I've got 2 of my own that could've been for wrestlemania

1st is Undertaker vs kurt angle at no way out 2006 now that could've stolen the show for that years wrestlemania and angle could've actually been a threat to the streak and its a WHOLE LOT BETTER than that casket match we had that year

2nd Dolph ziggler vs Daniel bryan the match they had was AMAZING I know they aren't main eventers yet but in that match they showed they can be and will be. If they had that match at wrestlemania than the midcard titles would be a little bit more prestigious and let's face it we haven't seen a great midcard title match at wrestlemania in a long time

Without a doubt, Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog at SummerSlam 1992.
It is widely regarded as the greatest SummerSlam match of all time, if not, THE greatest ever. And of course the crowd, a cool 80,355, was completely behind The British Bulldog (Wembley Stadium, London, England).

I belive we should've gotten a fair version of Cena vs Miz. I guess it would've meant that Cena would leave that night with the WWE championship but it would've been better than what we got that night. WWE built up the rivalry at the wrong time. I think that The buld up to Rock vs Cena should've started after Wreslemania, so that Cena vs Miz could've gotten its respective build up and conclusion. Miz is not going to be getting that title anytime soon and it looks like theyre going to be writting him off the WWE title picture all together. Miz vs Cena at Wrestlemania could've closed a chapter in the history of Miz as a transitional champion. By having this as a 3 way rivalry with two of the men actively wrestling it overshadows the possibility of someone else getting the title. Keep The Rock off TV and The Miz away from the title so that this rivalry can become next year's business. We have guys like Morrison, CM Punk, or Del Rio who could carry the title and are probably better for business as champs until we get a bit later in the year so that Cena's title reign leading up to Wrestlemania feels a lot more fresher.

I know I went a bit off topic but the backround info was neccessary to show how essential an "interruption-free" version of Miz vs Cena was...

I just want to make a note on this thread.

It is indeed a showing that WWE have made such a promotion of Wrestlemania that now all other ppvs are starting to be percieved as filler.

The mentioned matches in the opening post showed that the WWE was strong as it's ppvs (usually their main events) were worth the big money fans have to fork out to watch them.

Now if it's a good match and good build, it SHOULD have been at WM... This thread kind of reminds me of when the IWC complains about a World title match being on free to air...

First thing that came to mind for this year was that the first match of the year Miz Vs Morrison on RAW, was far better than Miz Vs Cena and would have made a better main event, providing it was given a slightly better ending.

How about: Hardy Boyz v. Edge & Christian tag team ladder match No Mercy '99

What is there to say about this match that hasn't been said already? The first match of it's kind a tag team ladder match, arguably what kick started the careers of all 4 men involved, including 3 future world champions. Showcasing 4 young athletes all with something to prove at the top of the physical peaks, who left us with a match that would undoubtedly be a classic forever had they not tried to repeat the concept so many times with TLC matches, and Money in the bank to help us forget about how good the one that started them all really was. Shawn and Razor at WM10 might be mentioned a lot now, but in '99 as we watched this match live, I don't think there was anyone that wasn't glued to the seat thinking "Shawn and Razor, who?" after watching this match. Obviously WWE agreed which is why they tried to repeat it and up the ante by adding the Dudleys for Mania the following year.

My pick has to be Jake Roberts vs Randy Savage at SNME#8 It was a battle for the Intercontinental Championship. It had alot of back and fourth action and these two were the cream of the crop. I watch it on youtube alot and its awesome every time.

just like the title says Im going to give you some matches and I want you to choose or add a match of your own which was worthy enough to take place at Wrestlemania? Ok here we go.............

Mankind vs Undertaker Hell in The Cell KOTR 1998
a match that will live forever with mick foley being thrown off the HITC then thrown through the HITC, the best oh shit moments in history would this of ment more if it happened at Wrestlemania?

Agreed, should have been done at Wrestlemania 15. Too bad Vince loved Boss Man too much to do that.

Steve Austin vs Undertaker Summerslam 1998
it was a great back and fourth match with Undertaker doing that great leg drop from the top rope through the table could this match have happened at WM and would it of been as big?

Nope, I disagree with this one. I really didnt like the Summerslam match. There was so many botches, shame really as the build up had been fantastic with the whole "Highway to hell" theme.

Taker & Austin never had true classic or legendary match together. Their feud is long yeah, but nothing legendary really. Attitude Era marks make it look like one of the greatest feuds of all time simply cause it featured Austin & Taker. That's it. And it's also funny how they call a short feud between Taker & Rock in 1999 legendary pretty much for the same reason. I'm a huge Taker mark, but I gotta admit his feud with Austin is overrated and won't even make it to my top 5 best feud of his. Both men had better feuds and matches with other people. For example, Austin with HHH & Rock while Taker with Kane & HBK.

Those are all great choices but I've got 2 of my own that could've been for wrestlemania

1st is Undertaker vs kurt angle at no way out 2006 now that could've stolen the show for that years wrestlemania and angle could've actually been a threat to the streak and its a WHOLE LOT BETTER than that casket match we had that year

At that time, Angle was planned to face Taker at WM 22 but Henry returned so Vince felt a match with Taker at Wrestlemania 22 can give Henry a permanent main event status cause Vince was so sure Taker could carry Henry to a legendary match. The plan backfired, it turned out to be the worst Casket match of all time.

While we're at it, may I add:

Undertaker vs Hogan at Survivor Series 1991 should have happened at Wrestlemania IX.

Undertaker vs Yokozuna at Royal Rumble 1994 should have happened at Wrestlemania XI.

I'll go with
BRET "HITMAN" HART vs. MR. PERFECT,IC match
Two great second generation stars going at it tooth and nail!
Had that happened at WM8...It would've been in the same discussion Steamboat/Savage from WM3.

I have one that DID happen at Wrestlemania..WM13,Taker vs. Sid....
IT should've happened MUCH SOONER,like WM8 or 9 maybe long before they both were bit by their re-occuring inury bugs!

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels Hell In A Cell

Not only was this a great Hell in a Cell match, but it was one out of four 5* rated matches that Dave Meltzer gave, despite myself disagreeing with his opinions a lot.

The match itself topped any Wrestle Mania match with The Undertaker, and it just showed how much these men can do when given the chance.

Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk Night of Champions 2009 - this feud gave Jeff Hardy the biggest pops in wrestling at the time and CM Punk was a bigger heel than Orton by August. This heavyweight title match had the quality of WM main event and the crowd was into it just as much as a WM main event.

Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley Backlash 2004 - I know the Rock is a huge draw and his match with Evolution at WrestleMania was his last (until 28), but I would've much rather seen this intense street fight for the IC title than a 2-on-3 handicap match. It would've been such a sweeter WrestleMania moment for Orton and a beautiful chance for Mick to entertain like only Mick can.

The thing about alot of matches here are that they are gimmick matches at smaller ppv's were Mania is normally a straight singles match with a epic buildup

I'd of loved to have seen

Randy orton vs batista
Undertaker vs john cena
Steve austin vs bret hart 2

What About..........

Triple H vs Jeff Hardy vs Edge Triple Threat Armageddon 2008
not the best Triple Threat match but when Jeff Hardy won I think Everyone marked the fuck out, and that shot of Hardy standing on the Armageddon Enterance set was priceless so just for the moment this could of headlined WM25

Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannetty Royal Rumble 1993
the rockers hadnt look broke up and everyone hated Shawn for what he did to Janetty it was a good back and fourth match but this match should of happened at WM9 and we could of seen their feud end proberly and saw the Rocker get a prober farewell.

Billy Gunn vs Roadogg Over The Edge 1999
same as the HBK/Janetty match would of been fitting to see these to square off at WM15 at this could of pushed Billy Gunn into the main event by winning at WM plus it was an entertaining match to watch

ok I know this is abit out their but The Undertaker/DDP build up and encouter at KOTR 2001 was epic and kept everyone interested could this of worked at Wrestlemania but instead of a old fashion woop ass a match between the 2 would of been better what do you think?

Bret vs. Undertaker - SS 1997: Except I would have Undertaker win the match. Sid vs. Taker was atrocious and I've always said Bret vs. Undertaker should've been the main event for WM 13, it would've saved the main event slot from being a disaster. But I also would've kept Bret vs. Austin at WM 13, so what I would've had is Bret coming into WM as WWF Champion and he defends the WWF Title against both Austin & Taker seperately. He retains against Austin in the Submission match which would have Ken Shamrock as the referee and then in the main event, he loses the title to Undertaker which would have HBK as the referee. It would be the exact same as WM 10 where the champ defends his title in two matches with special referees, he retains in the first and in the second he loses it and this time it's the man who won the title in the second match at WM 10, Bret Hart who's going through the same thing.

Taker vs. Angle - NWO 2006 - It was a great match and why Henry vs. Taker happened at WM over this, I will never understand. Of course though, with this being WM, Taker would have to win meaning it would have to have a different finish from what took place at NWO 2006 but it doesn't have to actually. You could have the same finish but just have Angle tap out before the ref counts Taker's shoulder down for the 3.

Hogan vs. HBK - SS 05 - I didn't have no problem with Vince vs. HBK at WM 22, I thought it was a good match tbh, who didn't love seeing Vince get his ass handed to him but Hogan vs. HBK would've been way more special at WM. It's Mr. Wrestlemania vs. Mr. Wrestlemania. So I would've had Vince vs. HBK at SS 05 instead and Hogan vs. HBK at WM 22 instead.

HHH vs. HBK - SS 02 - Great match, another WM top notch match but I wouldn't have changed what event it happened. If Shawn were to come back earlier at WM 18, I would want him to face The Rock instead of HHH or for him & HHH to take on NWO and as for WM 19, well he had a darn fine match & feud with Chris Jericho which I wouldn't change. But it's worth mentioning anyway.

Edge vs. HHH - The Bash 08 or 09 - Edge was one of the next big stars that we never saw face HHH before and for him to face him at a minor PPV was a huge disappointment, the feud was only 1 month and the main focus of the feud was Edge's relationship with Vickie, wasn't really about Edge vs. HHH. This should've been the main event of WM 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back