Which Is Better ECW Or WCW?

ECW was the best thing to happen to wrestling. They had technical wrestlers like Guerrero and Benoit, hardcore wrestling matches that hadn't been mainstream since the old NWA days, Mexican lucha libres and all the best talent WORLDWIDE, awesome fan interaction, kickass music, and most importantly, no *BULLSHIT. Fans opinions counted first and foremost. WCW did have nWo and Sting, though, and a great roster through their Nitro years.

*Bullshit I spoke of: (Like all these young guys in WCW being shat on and held down while the oldtimers hogged all the main event spotlight, and we were forced to see Hogan vs Savage or Flair vs. Sting or whatever over and over and over...til we were sick of them. There's a reason Jericho, Malenko, Benoit, Raven and others left. As far as new main event stars, I'll give WCW some credit for Diamond Dallas Page, though he won the big one a year too late. Goldberg doesn't count. If you need an explanation for why, I'll be more than glad to give it.)

Oh, and how much money WCW had or the fact that they were on TV and more people seen them has nothing to do with which show was better. WWF (WWE) originally started in bingo halls, a long time ago, if I recall correctly. They didn't start as a multimillionaire company with TV deals.

This is so easy WCW wins by a lot. WCW was the best Wrestling program ever till Vince showed up and bought it. ECW was great for alwayz being EXTREME but WCW had more talent than ECW.

Obviously WCW. ECW is a second rate brand to me that no one really cares about now since they have tarnished it. NWO was the best thing wrestling has ever offered.

Gaijin Khan said:
Fuck WCW, they put on some of the most boring wrestling shows in the history of wrestling. I remember hearing "Boring" chants during Nitro... sad.
Funny! I never heard as many boring chants as I do now with WWE! SO WCW-4-LIFE!

ECW sucked and still SUCKS! I hate hardcore shit, and Paul Hayman is the most annoying person on the planet! ECW was/is full of over-rated stunt men (except for the WWe stars that are in the ECW stable.).

WCW had talent, but they misused them. Sting, Hogan, and Savage don't count. They were way past their primes. Neither does Goldturd. Talent, I mean fresh new guys like Guerrero, Misterio, Malenko (ALL ECW guys they stole,btw-Bischoff wouldn't have thought to hire those guys himself-and at least they could have rose to main event in ECW and not be held down forever) Only a WCW mark would defend Goldturd, and that's because the average WCW mark knows about jack shit about wrestling.

carolinadude said:
WCW had talent, but they misused them. Sting, Hogan, and Savage don't count. They were way past their primes. Neither does Goldturd. Talent, I mean fresh new guys like Guerrero, Misterio, Malenko (ALL ECW guys they stole,btw-Bischoff wouldn't have thought to hire those guys himself-and at least they could have rose to main event in ECW and not be held down forever) Only a WCW mark would defend Goldturd, and that's because the average WCW mark knows about jack shit about wrestling.
WCW marks know more about wrasslin' than ECW smarks! ECW isnt wrasslin'; its just a bunch of idiot freaks hitting each other with garbage cans, and chairs. Face it ECW wasnt as popular as you think; if it was it could have held a TV contract; no matter what time it was on. Look at TNA; they are on the same station as ECW was (and TNA is on at 10pm central), and they surpassed ECW's TV record by more than a few months. ECW isnt even worth the timeslot its given!

DakotaDave said:
WCW marks know more about wrasslin' than ECW smarks! ECW isnt wrasslin'; its just a bunch of idiot freaks hitting each other with garbage cans, and chairs. Face it ECW wasnt as popular as you think; if it was it could have held a TV contract; no matter what time it was on. Look at TNA; they are on the same station as ECW was (and TNA is on at 10pm central), and they surpassed ECW's TV record by more than a few months. ECW isnt even worth the timeslot its given!

Dude, your opinion means shit because you already said something ******ed. ECW was not all chairs and blood. A lot of WCW's most talented wrestlers were stole from ECW. I guess all the lucha libres like Psicosis and Rey Misterio were "chair swinging freaks". I guess that includes Dean Malenko, Eddy Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and many others. You are basing shit on stereotypes by ECW haters that knew shit about it. Plus, TNN did everything they could to sabotage ECW. Their show on TNN sucked. Pure and simple. Because of WAY too much censorship to an assinine level and no promotion.

Also, WCW shat all over guys like Misterio. ECW respected them. PLUS, NWA did the hardcore and barbed wire shit, too. ECW just brought it back.

And I agree this new shit isn't worth the time slot it's given. This new shit isn't ECW.

They Should Create 3 Seperate Shows

Monday Night Raw Run By Vince Mcmahon (all Born And Bred Wwe Main Eventers.....taker, Hhh, Hbk, Angle, Kane, Cena Etc.....)
Tuesday Night Ecw Run By Paul Heyman (bring Back Tag Teams With No Wwe Guys)
Thursday Or Friday Night Wcw Run By Eric Bischoff (wrestlers Born And Bred In Wcw And High Flying Wrestlers Like Shelton Benjamin, Benoit, Jericho, Big Show And Charlie Haas)

3 Good Choices To Watch And All Part Of Wwe But Run By The Old Ecw And Wcw Crowd

sachintendulkar said:
They Should Create 3 Seperate Shows

Monday Night Raw Run By Vince Mcmahon (all Born And Bred Wwe Main Eventers.....taker, Hhh, Hbk, Angle, Kane, Cena Etc.....)
Tuesday Night Ecw Run By Paul Heyman (bring Back Tag Teams With No Wwe Guys)
Thursday Or Friday Night Wcw Run By Eric Bischoff (wrestlers Born And Bred In Wcw And High Flying Wrestlers Like Shelton Benjamin, Benoit, Jericho, Big Show And Charlie Haas)

3 Good Choices To Watch And All Part Of Wwe But Run By The Old Ecw And Wcw Crowd

I agree they SHOULD, but McMahon is a fucking egomaniac. He thinks he's gotta run everything. It would be awesome to see the "Big 3" return. Right now, though, TNA is like the new WCW, and ROH is like the new ECW. Closest things around, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back