• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Famous People Have You Met

hbk4894

Dark Match Jobber
just a simple question , which famous people ( eg like TV stars , music stars , filims ,sports people etc) have you met and what were they like

i have met Clare and Sarah, Suzanne of Hollyoaks and they seemed nice

Dirk Been from Survior. We met at a Christian retreat back in 2002 and he was really cool.

Ian Brown (singer from The Stone Roses) and Billy Connolly in the shop I used to work at. Brown was pretty cool, bought some fruity smarties and even gave me some :) Bumped into him an hour or so later when I was visiting my sister in the coffee shop she worked at and got the thumbs up from him.
Billy Connolly was more reserved as he was in with his daughter and grand-daughter (I presume) but was polite to some other customers who recognised him and has an ace laugh.

Also met Ryan Giggs when I was a pup after winning some competition on some product he endorsed. Got a tour of Old Trafford out of it too which was awesome. He was pretty nice from what I remember.

When Sir Alex Ferguson was awarded Freedom of the City of Aberdeen I was one of a bunch of kids leading the parade, pretty surreal! Think my grandad spoke to him more than I did though but he was a good guy.

A few, but the first one that comes to mind is Hines Ward. He came to the Pittsburgh Ballet one time, and considering my Gram works there I got hooked up.

Rhod Gilbert. He seemed very normal, very humble, regular sort of guy.

My ex sat next to him in standard class on the train.

I have met David Hasselhoff, and a few minor ones. I showed Billy Bragg a picture of him with me the second time I saw him, which I think he found a bit weird. He'll probably remember me next time though.

I met Jesus.

I met a guy that looked like Jesus. He sat around a church claiming he was Jesus, and even sat during Mass cheering. He was wearing his signature white robe as well.

Everyone thought he was actually Jesus, and kept signing autographs, even though Jesus said he wouldn't return here for another 10,000 years, people still thought he was Jesus.

He didn't even have that beard Jesus has. Wasn't wearing the signature Jesus sandals, or the Levi Jeans that Jesus is always doing commercials for.

I met Billy Bragg a few years ago. I was really shy, but we shook hands and my dad and brother handled the talking. I also met Gary Lineker at The Open.

I met a guy that looked like Jesus. He sat around a church claiming he was Jesus, and even sat during Mass cheering. He was wearing his signature white robe as well.

Everyone thought he was actually Jesus, and kept signing autographs, even though Jesus said he wouldn't return here for another 10,000 years, people still thought he was Jesus.

He didn't even have that beard Jesus has. Wasn't wearing the signature Jesus sandals, or the Levi Jeans that Jesus is always doing commercials for.

Jesus' travel agent later said that Jesus wasn't even scheduled to be in that church, a matter a fact Jesus wasn't in a church since he left so long ago, but those naive Christians. OK I think I went a little too far with that last comment.

I'm sure you all picked up on the Brett Favre imposter though.

Laurence Fishburne
Fiona Apple
Brent Spiner
Marina Sirtis
Denise Crosby
Tom Hanks
Martin Short
Flea
Chyna
Edward Norton
Kevin Pollack
Zach Galifianackis
Alicia Silverstone
Rosanna Arquette
Sanda Bernhard
Chris Pine

Ted DiBiase Jr. Nice fellow.

All of The Protomen. Great, great people, all of them, and really funny too. They just seem to be happy to be making music and having fans.

I got a phone call from Brittney Karbowski and Eric Stuart once. They must have thought I was a complete idiot because Mozz got them to talk to me in this place where there was a ton of background noise, so I could barely hear what they were saying, and Stuart sounds a lot like Mozz so I wasn't sure at first who I was talking to. Stuart was hilarious about it though.

Ric Flair was the most badass cool guy ever, but most likely because 1. I was just a little kid 2. I only took up about 37 seconds of his time 3. he was probably shit faced

JJ Dillion was extremely chill, and gracious. Me and IC25 in all seriousness just stood and bullshitted with him for a good 30 minutes.

Sevendust and Papa Roach were funny as shit....because they seemed to think that I didnt realize who they were, since I just head nodded them, and chilled next to them....Didnt react in any way whatsoever lol. The black guy with the dreads is mad small.

Celebs I met and got a chance to speak to (not counting signings where they didn't get to have any sort of convo)

Chris Jericho: met at a book signing, great guy, we talked about the shittyness known as Nassau Coliseum, and the prospects of the Islanders moving and a team moving to Winnipeg (sure enough a team moved there already).

Mick Foley: went to his comedy show last week here on Long Island. Maybe the nicest guy I ever met. talked a little wrestling, and complemented his awesome comedy routine. Suggested a Rock and Sock reunion at Survivor Series.

Judah Friedlander: Met at Micks comedy show, where he was a "surprise" comic. He met all the patrons afterwards. Really nice guy.

I met countless other people, but they were more at signings, and I don't remember much of them, or didn't get to speak to them. Those past 3 were all in 2011.

He wasn't much in the MLB, but former MLB player Jose Vidro indeed happens to live in front of me. Son of a bitch has the biggest house I've ever seen, a dirt bike track, a really small yacht and a bigass Ford F-250 that doesn't even fit in the small roads. It eats up both lanes. Lucky bastard never even did that much.

I also met Ricky Martin back in his peak at autograph signing. Cool dude, loves the fans, impossible to find a bad attribute to him. He's just too nice. A very positive man back then and still seems to be today.

Carlos Colon. He's the Puertorican Hulk Hogan. So meeting him and shooting the breeze with him alongside my grampa, the guy who got me into wrestling, was the ultimate fan trip for me. Talking about how life was on the road for him, the stigma of the Brody/Invader case, wrestling Macho Man, Ric Flair and many other greats, and even how to properly do a Sleeper. I felt more like I was talking with a family relative than with a cultural icon.

I've seen Triple H once when I worked at the movies back in 2006. He went to see Borat with some friends. I wanted to greet him in person, but I was told to not bother him so I did. I could've asked for a signing when he left but he was around a crowd and I didn't want to cause a scene. He's big and bulky in person.

I've met Rico Constantino at a WWE show once back in 2004, doing signings. I was 16-17 and I was a bit nervous seeing him. He was a nice guy and he shook my hand.

I've also met Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Terry Funk and Jim Cornette at ROH shows.

Bret Hart, he was pretty cool. He told me the Jackknife powerbomb was the most painful move he ever took.

Craig Charles from Robot Wars/Corrie/Red Dwarf...he didn't appreciate me asking if he still did crack.

Lots of footballers

Ralf Little from The Royal Family, great bloke

The ex England, Liverpool and Everton footballer Nick Barmby used to live a few houses away from me. I used to chill in his house loads, his wife was an absolute milf and I had regular kickabouts with his son Jack, who is now playing for Man Utd u-16's and doing amazing. Remember the name

Ralf Little from The Royal Family, great bloke

I also met him a couple of years ago, very down to eath.

I met Gary Kelly before at a match at Elland Road. Celtic legend Henrik Larsson, though I met him when he was playing for Barca. I played against Joe Canning in a match two years back, and I also played Henry Shefflin. I know that probably no one will know who these guys are. But they're hurlers. Henry Shefflin will be playing in front of 82,000 fans tomorrow. As Killkenny take on Tipperary in the All Ireland Final. Shefflin will be looking to win his 8th All Ireland title, a new record if he wins.

He wasn't much in the MLB, but former MLB player Jose Vidro indeed happens to live in front of me. Son of a bitch has the biggest house I've ever seen, a dirt bike track, a really small yacht and a bigass Ford F-250 that doesn't even fit in the small roads. It eats up both lanes. Lucky bastard never even did that much.
I remember that guy. He jumped around (teams) quite a bit, but I remember that he was an all-star at least once. Really solid 2nd baseman; not a hall of fame calliber player, but a solid number 2 hitter in any lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back