• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Dead Musician Would you Bring Back?

This is a tough one.. if I had to pick just one, it would have to be either Randy Rhoads or Stevie Ray Vaughan. One of the most amazing rock guitarists of the modern age stacked up against one of the greatest blues-rock guitarists/vocalists of the 80's. Both tragically taken in accidents, unlike someone like Cobain who blew his own brains out because he couldn't handle the fame. Another choice on my list (and a lot of people probably have no idea who this is) would be Sabine Duenser- the former vocalist of the band Elis who suffered a sudden brain aneurysm right after band practice. Another amazing talent taken way too young.

Ok i know Paul Grey wasnt real young and him and slipknot have made like 4-5 albums but i still think he had more to offer in other projects not just slipknot i would of really like to see that but unforteinetly early this year he was found dead in his hotel room and i think he just had his daughter or she is still quit younge

Cliff Burton-This man made an impact on music. He could play better than anyone that we have now. This man's bass put metallica on the map for bands.

Kurt Cobain and John Lennon. They both revolutinised music of their generation and they were both taken away from us too early.

I Like Cobain but if he saw the State Music is in now hed probably Shoot Himself again.
Toss up Between Cliff Burton and Jimi Hendrix. Fuck it i shall Create Jimi Burton!!

Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold, and The Rev was my favorite personality in music. The guy was so fucking funny and had such an upbeat attitude. He has countless classic moments which I watch over and over and laugh everytime. Aside from being such a fucking awesome person, the guy was a seriously talented drummer. I'd love to have him back for at least one more album to show Arin how to fucking drum.

I think the answer to this varies on certain factors

Can you use it on a future dead musician and choose to simply save the opportunity?

If you pick someone who died a long time ago like Kurt Cobain , do they come back in 2011 or does history just re-write as if they never died at all? (And then if they come back do they come back with a changed attitude or would he just RE-kill himself AGAIN? lol)

If you pick someone will they and their fans know you're responsible for the miracle? Could you perhaps bribe the rich families friends and/or fans of the musician and just ressurect the highest bidder?

Or is it like , you rez them they come back to right now you don't get paid and nobody will ever know you're responsible for the miracle?

I mean if you could save it for a future dead musician I'd definantley consider waiting and seeing for a bit or maybe loopholing it to rez people I actually personally know if they died and just argue that they did play an instrument lol

If you could get paid for doing so though I think I'd have to go to the Jacksons and say "Look , I can rez Michael buts its gonna cost you like $20million dollars , that cool with you guys?" (Why wouldn't it be? I'm sure their rolling in cash between Michael being the highest album sales artist of all time , Janets career , and the Jackson 5 , plus the fact MJ owned rights to the beatles music) so if that was the case then just pick him

If however they are none of these special circumstances and whoever you pick just gets brought back to right now and you don't get paid and you can't save the chance etc. Well then I'd have to go with Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan from A7X

Just Dimebag that's all I want. I realise that many men came before him, and many men in the eyes of millions had a much larger impact on music. But Dime had huge impact on my life. I'm a large music lover, I've basically posted that alot on the forums. But Pantera was the second metal band that I remember hearing. I'm sure before my cousins showed me Metallica and Pantera that I had been in the car or a metal song had been played on the radio.

But Pantera as a younger child kind of warped my music tastes. When kids were doing whatever, and playing whatever songs kids lisitend to back then. I was at my aunts house with my cousins lisiting to Pantera. Shit for 2 or 3 years straight that's all they lisitend to. My cousin Dustin tried and failed miserably to play guitar and my cousin Jeff somewhat got drums down. That's what I remember from my childhood. That's what it was during the time I spent being "watched" by my aunt.

Dimebag helped create one of the biggest things in my life today. Music, and for that I want to just hear him talk once again. Or see him hold a guitar, I would give anything for that.

*shakes head no-one else suggested this guy*

Jeff Buckley

Amazing voice, great talent, died in a lake in a sudden bullshit manner... *waves goodbye to justice*

I would bring back either Jim Morrison or Kurt Cobain because both of their deaths led to their bands' careers dying down too soon. I would have really liked to see more music by both bands. Granted the Doors did get back together a few years back but it just wasn't the same without Morrison. Nirvana could have had an epic run at the top if their future releases were even half as good as Nevermind or In Utero were. Also.... who here wouldn't have wanted to see Morrison make a cameo appearance on Raw one week to interact with his WWE counterpart John Morrison? That would have been interesting too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back