• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which brother VS brother match would you like to see?

Cody (Stardust) vs. Goldust or Bo vs. Bray?

• Cody vs. Goldie

• Bo Dallas vs. Bray Wyatt

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheICChampion

The hardcore casual fan
Simple question. Cody/Stardust vs. Goldust or Bray Wyatt vs. Bo Dallas? And would you rather see a storyline involved or just a one-off match? Personally, I would like to see Bo Dallas vs. Bray Wyatt, but only slightly more than Cody vs. Goldie. The reason why is because I want to see what kind of promos Bray can come up with regarding his brother's "Bo-Lieve" gimmick, and whether or not Dallas will get serious, show us what he can really do and drop the character in order to beat Wyatt. I'd like to see it start with Bray trying to recruit his brother, something along the lines of "You say that you Bo-Lieve, but that hasn't really gotten you anywhere, has it? I will show you what can happen when you follow the buzzards."

Anyway, that's what I would personally like to see. What would you guys like to see? Should either match happen at a WrestleMania? Let me know what you think.

Neither match should happen at Wrestlemania, let's get that out of the way first.

Now, I'd much prefer to see Cody & Goldust take each other on. The Uso's fighting means nothing to me and Bo & Bray are on two different levels for me to even take that one seriously.

The Rhodes brothers are both on that same midcard level so the two facing off in a match wouldn't "bother" me so to speak. Not to mention that it could be extremely good. Get Cody to throw off Stardusts gimmick & beat on Goldy, leading to a match. It'd be a simple setup, but it's the best idea in the long run.

Wyatt v Dallas would be a good rivalry, negative v positive and all that, and it wouldnt involve Wyatt trying to get Bo to join his family as he just broke them up and i believe they already did something similar on NXT.
It would be a fresher choice than a Rhodes brothers feud as that seems predictable, albeit they are both quality wrestlers and would put on a bloody good match.
, I hope cody keeps the stardust gimmick for as long as golddust has kept his, and cody looks like he is having the time of his life atm.

I also notice you didnt include the Uso's in the poll, does anyone think they could have a future rivalry?

and are there any other siblings in WWE that i may not have heard of?

I feel like Wyatt vs Dallas won't happen for a while, if ever, due to how far apart they are on the card. WWE would have to seriously get behind Bo first and I don't really know if that's going to happen. The Rhodes brothers though I'd be interested in seeing. They've teased it a couple of times the past few Wrestlemania seasons, haven't they? It might be a great way to do an eventual retirement match for Goldust or something along those lines.

I would like to see both. Cody/Goldust should be Goldust's retirement match and it would be a great way to say goodbye after this tremendous run.

Bo v Bray could be interesting. I can't imagine the WWE acknowledging they are brothers but if they did I'd like to see how the play it. If they don't, that's fine, but it could still be an interesting combination.

Neither are long-term feuds but Cody/Goldust could be worth at least one big PPV (not Mania) match. Bray v Bo could be something to act as filler for Bray that helps elevate Bo. I'd rather see an all Rhodes match but a Bray/Bo feud would probably be more entertaining.

I would be a fan to see both matches happen. But for my personal favorite I have to go with Goldust vs Cody. This match has more appeal to me where they will also involve Dusty Rhodes in the match that will not happen with IRS and the Wyatt vs Dallas match. Also this match already will almost have 2 years of buildup to it if they will have it at WM 31. I will say that I think the Wyatt vs Dallas match will be a good match with a great storyline that will help Wyatt and even more to Bo. But as of now I really want to see the Rhodes brothers face each other for almost 6 years so that is better to me.

I have a little interest in Bo vs. Bray, but not a lot. However, I have a lot of interest in Cody vs. Goldie. I've been interested in that ever since Goldust started pushing for it around WrestleMania 28 or so. I say you keep the Stardust character too. If we've learned anything form the Dashing/Disfigured characters, it's that Cody can get in to character. I say you have Stardust be the heel and Goldust be the face. Let Stardut go completely off the deep end and turn on Goldust. They have a feud, maybe with more than one match. I say it would be a good retirement match for Goldust a little ways down the road.

At this point in time, I can't say that I'm anxious for either bout to take place. Cody Rhodes & Goldust have been a consistently solid tag team for over a year now, Goldust is in better physical condition now than probably when he was in his mid to late 20s and I don't see how a singles match helps either of them. I'm guessing that whenever they do go their separate ways, Goldust will either be going away or he'll be going away after a brief feud with Cody. Goldust's 45 years old and while he's in great shape, as I alluded to, he's not somebody that's gonna be helping carry the company for the next 5 or 10 years. I don't see what a singles feud victory for Cody over him is gonna do for him to be perfectly honest as Goldust hasn't been relevant as a singles wrestler for the better part of 20 years.

As far as Wyatt & Dallas, I've zero interest unless Dallas' stock goes up significantly over time. As of right now, for all intents & purposes, Bo Dallas is a low level mid-carder and feuding with him right now or at any point in the foreseeable future would be a big step down for Bray Wyatt. Wyatt is somebody that's been firmly within the upper mid-card to main event scene almost since his arrival on the main roster, so something significantly positive needs to happen in Dallas' career before he takes on Wyatt.

I would actually really like to see both matches happen whether it be on TV, a live event, PPV, or whatever. Both sound like interesting & fun match-ups that would be pretty fresh.

But I had to vote for Cody/Goldie though for two simple reasons.
1.) I've wanted to see this match ever since Cody debuted with Bob Holly & at one point when Cody was a long reigning IC Champion I think this match was a solid Mania worthy singles match, which says quite a bit.

2.) The Multiple gimmick possibilities. As their current gimmicks, Bo vs. Bray makes for an interesting match but as Husky Harris or the Texan/Southern style Bo Dallas the match isn't really all that appealing. But Cody & Goldust on the other hand... Stardust vs. Goldust, Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes, Disconfigured Cody vs. Black Reign, 1/2 of Rhodes Scholars vs. Seven, Legacy Cody vs. The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust, etc. Just any incarnation of the characters, any gimmick, from any period of time, it all works just any way it would go down, Cody vs. Lord Goldie would be an awesome match.

Cody vs. Goldust. They've been talking about this match for years. Cody was hot last fall coming off almost winning the MITB briefcase at MITB then feuding with Sandow and The Authority/Shield with Goldust.

I was hoping they split would have happened by now because the team has pretty much peaked. It would be a great way to send Goldust out and Cody back in the singles hunt.

Cody vs. Goldust....by default, since I'm not exactly tingling with anticipation for either match. If we're being asked to choose between the two contests, I can't imagine what anyone would see in a match between the Brothers Rotunda. I doubt the casual fan has any idea they're related and, given that they're at opposite ends of the "fame" scale, what possible reasoning could be used to explain why they're fighting?

One could say that if ol' Bo truly establishes himself and gets to the same level as Bray, a match might be the offing.....but I Bo-lieve there's an excellent chance the younger brother will wash out of WWE before ever rising to near main event level.

With the Rhodes brood, there is at least some history to suggest a match between the two. Dustin was pushing for some kind of feud a few years ago.....and while I've never read anything about with Cody thinks of the idea, I would conjecture that at this point in his career, he's finally found a persona that counteracts his bland personality and gives the fans something to get interested in. From that, it would seem a rift in the Texas Family Weird would be a natural occurrence.

Beyond the strangeness, they can both work a match. Let 'em work one together.

Cody and Goldust, no question. They've teased this a couple times and maybe it finally happens at WM 31 or 32. I think Goldust's final match should be against his brother, so a retirement match would be a perfect stipulation. However, if it's before Goldust is ready to hang up the boots, then I wouldn't mind seeing these 2 feud for the IC Title. This feud would be great enough to not need a title, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. Cody will turn heel, it's a matter of when not if. I'm looking forward to it. Cody's run as Stardust has gotten a bit stale in my opinion. I like him much better as himself, without the Goldust clone gimmick.

I picture this as a great option for the opening match at Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back