• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which albums can you listen to without skipping a track?

Hollywood Naitch

The current reigning and defending
I have a huge collection of CD's, but I usually find that on an album, there tends to be track or 2 that I skip over more often than not. Even on albums where I like every song, I sometimes decide to miss out a particular track when listening to the album.

What I want to know is, do you guys have any CD's that you can always listen to all the way through without skipping a single track?

One of the ones that springs to mind for me is:

Soundgarden- Superunknown

The most famous album for Soundgarden, this is fantastic throughout, opening up with a great rocker in "Let Me Drown", and following up with "My Wave" and an absolute classic in "Fell On Black Days", a song which shows Chris Cornell didnt have to go high pitched in order to make a great song.

"Mailman" follows, and has a fantastic sludgy riff and is another top quality song with great singing from Chris, and the title track is next which is a good fast track, but my least favourite so far.

After this comes "Head Down" which is another classic, slow and threatening and then it is time for the most famous track on the album....

"Black Hole Sun" is a wonderful piece of music, and is thought of as a genuine classic. I love it. However, it shows the quality of the album that a song this good isnt in my top 3 from the track listing. I much prefer the next song, "Spoonman" a faster, rockier track that actually has spoons used in the instrumentals lol. "Limo Wreck" is next, and while good, is not amazing- still easily listenable though.

"The Day I Tried To Live" is track 10, and much loved by Soundgarden fans. However, I wouldnt even put this in my top 10 tracks by the band, but its still excellent. Cornell goes high-pitched in the chorus here, which I think spoils the song slightly, but its still an excellent piece of music. The most punky song on the album follows, and at less than 2 minutes in length, "Kickstand" is a short but sweet number.

Sandwitched in between "Fresh Tendrils" and "Half", two of the more throwaway tracks on the album (but still good) comes one of my favourites - "4th Of July", a brooding slow heavy track, which blows my mind every time I hear it. Its simply awesome. I love Cornells voice on this one. "Like Suicide", the longest track on the album at over 7mins, finishes this great musical journey.

After hearing this album for the 1st time, I went straight back out of the house and bought most of Soundgardens back catalogue, it had that much impact on me.

A truly awesome album, although closely rivalled by BadMotorFinger as Soundgarden's best. I cannot wait to see these guys play if they come to the UK now they have reunited!

So, guys...what are your choices?

"Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora" . I just love those two albums. I never get tired or bored of listening to these two albums. I like Meteora better than Hybrid Theory because it has more meaningful lyrics. Music is awesome on both.

I can listen to Grateful Dead's "Workingman's Dead" album all the way through without skipping a single track every time. "Dire Wolf" is my favourite track, but everything after that right up to "Casey Jones" is a joy to listen to. Very catchy and distinct musical experience.

The one album that I continually listen to over and over again is HAARP live from Wembley by Muse.

This performance is what turned me into a Muse fan and that magic is still very much alive within me. When you listen to a band giving it their all on stage, in an environment that just adds so much more to the event, it is hard to lose that memory.

Muse are a great band and the performance at Wembley is utterly incredible. Add to that that they only did their greatest hits on the show and you have a recipe for success in my book. Invincible, Starlight, Time Is Running Out and Maps Of The Problematique just thrive with a live setting and are just fucking incredible.

I strongly advise that you guys go check that shit out immediately.

Other notable mentions:

AC\DC – “War Machine”
Arctic Monkeys – “Favourite Worst Nightmare”
The Killers – “Hot Fuss”

Mine is Metallica's Self titled album otherwise known as "The Black Album". Kicks off with "Enter Sandman" and I am hooked. Also has one of my favorite metallica songs "The Unforgiven" Just every track on that album I love. Great album for driving a little ways away from where I live like the beach or something.

Honorable Mentions for me:
Nevermind - Nirvana
This is it - Michael Jackson
The Fall Of Ideals - All That Remains

The main album that I can listen throughout would have to be Port Blue's The Albatross EP. I can truly say that there's not a song on there that I didn't enjoy. From In the Dolphin Tank to An Enchanted Evening, I feel each song paints a different scenery that you can just listen to and relax.

Others that I feel the same about would be:
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Alter Bridge - One Day Remains
Metallica - Reload
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

They're best album in my opinion, and a work of rap art. It is just plain awesome. The best thing about this album is how many unique sounds they have in it, but how there is a continuity throughout it. You know, it is rare that an album like this is ever put out. Wu-Tang are one of the greatest rap groups ever, and I find it somewhat funny and ironic that their first album was their best.

If this doesn't include skits then I would say "The Chronic 2001" by Dr. Dre I finnally found it a week ago after taking forever to find it and I don't skip any track while listening to it. Epic beats and great songs like "Next Epasoide", "Forgot about Dre", "Fuck You" and "Xplosive" off the top of my head.

DrDre-2001.jpg

Honarable mentions -
Man on the Moon: The End of Day by KiD CuDi
Greatest Hits by Tupac Shakur
The Blueprint 3 by Jay-Z

If this doesn't include skits then I would say "The Chronic 2001" by Dr. Dre Epic beats and great songs like "Next Epasoide", "Forgot about Dre", "Fuck You" and "Xplosive" off the top of my head.

DrDre-2001.jpg

Yes mate, 2001 is a sweet album. I have never been a fan of the "skits" on rap albums, I dont think they offer anything and when they dont have the length of the track on view, it kinda makes you think there are more "songs" on the album than there really are, and that pisses me off.

Apart from the obvious classics like "Still DRE", "Forgot about Dre" and "The Next Episode", you are right about "F*ck You"....AWESOME gangsta beat when it kicks in after the answerphone message...plus Snoop is fantastic on this track.

Great choice man, green rep for yo ass

Personally, for me to NOT go back and forth between tracks on the album and just listen to it takes a lot. It just shows that I love the albums a great deal. Here's my list:

Arctic Monkeys: Humbug
Queens of The Stone Age: Songs For The Deaf
The Strokes: Is This It?
The Killers: Hot Fuss
Franz Ferdinand: Tonight: Franz Ferdinand

I'll just go tear through all the tracks on those albums on any given day.

Derek and the Dominos - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs

I will listen to this album until the day I die which is why I own it on CD, Vinyl and have it ripped onto my computer. I love long classic rock songs with five minute solos so this is kind of my holy bible of albums. Layla, Key to the Highway, Bell Bottom Blues, Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad, Nobody Loves You When You're Down and Out, Thorn Tree in the Garden, covers or classics they are just great blues songs. Before this album I didn't understand that blues didn't have to be slow, that it could be exciting and uptempo. Also it has a kick ass story behind it, look it up. It's the stuff soap opera's are made of. Eric Clapton has never been better.

Slipknot - self entitled album (regular or extended version)

I have never put a cd in and listened it to it ALL the way through except the first time because I give every song a chance till the end of it the first time I hear it, I listened to this album all the way through 5 times the day I bought and many more since then, to me, it's just phenomenal (also Hed PE - Only In Amerika, great fuckin album)

I have a huge collection of CD's, but I usually find that on an album, there tends to be track or 2 that I skip over more often than not. Even on albums where I like every song, I sometimes decide to miss out a particular track when listening to the album.

What I want to know is, do you guys have any CD's that you can always listen to all the way through without skipping a single track?

One of the ones that springs to mind for me is:

Soundgarden- Superunknown

The most famous album for Soundgarden, this is fantastic throughout, opening up with a great rocker in "Let Me Drown", and following up with "My Wave" and an absolute classic in "Fell On Black Days", a song which shows Chris Cornell didnt have to go high pitched in order to make a great song.

"Mailman" follows, and has a fantastic sludgy riff and is another top quality song with great singing from Chris, and the title track is next which is a good fast track, but my least favourite so far.

After this comes "Head Down" which is another classic, slow and threatening and then it is time for the most famous track on the album....

"Black Hole Sun" is a wonderful piece of music, and is thought of as a genuine classic. I love it. However, it shows the quality of the album that a song this good isnt in my top 3 from the track listing. I much prefer the next song, "Spoonman" a faster, rockier track that actually has spoons used in the instrumentals lol. "Limo Wreck" is next, and while good, is not amazing- still easily listenable though.

"The Day I Tried To Live" is track 10, and much loved by Soundgarden fans. However, I wouldnt even put this in my top 10 tracks by the band, but its still excellent. Cornell goes high-pitched in the chorus here, which I think spoils the song slightly, but its still an excellent piece of music. The most punky song on the album follows, and at less than 2 minutes in length, "Kickstand" is a short but sweet number.

Sandwitched in between "Fresh Tendrils" and "Half", two of the more throwaway tracks on the album (but still good) comes one of my favourites - "4th Of July", a brooding slow heavy track, which blows my mind every time I hear it. Its simply awesome. I love Cornells voice on this one. "Like Suicide", the longest track on the album at over 7mins, finishes this great musical journey.

After hearing this album for the 1st time, I went straight back out of the house and bought most of Soundgardens back catalogue, it had that much impact on me.

A truly awesome album, although closely rivalled by BadMotorFinger as Soundgarden's best. I cannot wait to see these guys play if they come to the UK now they have reunited!

So, guys...what are your choices?

Superunknown is one of the best albums ever. And for me 'Mailman' is one of the most mind-f*cking songs of all time. If a song has a chorus saying "I know I'm heading for the bottom, but I'm riding you all the way", ye can't go wrong with that.

And the mastery of this album can only be rivaled by this.

Soundgarden - Louder than Love

images

Hands All Over is a song that will never get any radio play for it's booming line 'Gonna Kill your mother' however if you see the video, it is only an ode to Mother Earth and her destruction.

Loud Love. Cornell's vocals in full prowess. Thayil's playing is epic as ever and they end up making one of the most powerful songs in their catalogue.

Big Dumb Sex So good, that Gn'R covered it.

I Awake and Ugly Truth are two of my hidden gems favorites. Ugly Truth has great lyrics and Thayil showcases his skills with an Immoi'esque solo near the end.

Gun I have never heard a song like this!!! The tempo builds and builds and then explodes.

Power Trip, Get on The Snake, Full On Kevin's Mom All listenable and dark horses for any listeners as their fav tracks.

And how can you forget Full On (Reprise)

And here's a treat for my boy Natural

SG covering Led Zeppelin....

[YOUTUBE]3YDIPkHXq2s[/YOUTUBE]​

I probably would have to go with Family Force 5- Business Up Front Party In The Back Deluxe Edition. I love this CD and this is really the first real music I had ever listened to (I listened to oldies/cookie-cutter christian up until I was 10-11). Every song on here is catchy and awesome.

Weezer's Weezer (The Blue Album)

This is probably my favorite album of all time and one that shows why Weezer is my favorite band. Every song on the album is great, as they all have the up-tempo Weezer sound. When "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" is the worst song on the album, it says a lot. It all culminates with the epic song "Only In Dreams" and it makes you want to listen to the whole thing again. Simply an overall great album.

I got two my first one is

One-X by Three Days Grace

Every single song is relatable at one point or another in your life th only Album which I can say that I acctually bought not off the Internet. Plus with such kick ass songs as "Riot", "Never Too Late", and "Animal I Have Become" and all thr rest are good and like on or two is passable. Sadly the Album after sucked.

Dark Horse by Nickelback

I became a Nickelback fan back in 2005 after All The Right Reasons and all the songs on this Album are either A. Incredibly Catchy B. Incredibly Awesome C. Incredibly Meaningful. I am still waitng for Nickelback's next album plus one of the songs is the Raw Theme Song.

There are dozens of different cd's I could list here, but I'll go with one that isn't as famous as my other choices.

Journey-Revelation.jpg

Revelation by Journey.

This was a great and underrated cd that came out a couple of years ago. Some of the older fans disliked it due to the lineup change in the band.... but honestly, it's great. The new singer sounds a lot like the one who left the band. The cd contains 20 tracks. Half are remakes of their greatest hits to include the new singer (although they still sound a lot like the old stuff!) and the other half are new songs. Between both discs in this collection, I never skip a track because it is the best cd the band has released in many years. It's a very underrated cd and any fan of the rock genre who hasn't already should check it out!

I am back again with another album that I forgot to list the first time. However, I definitely think that is more than an “honourable mention” effort. In fact, this album was probably the soundtrack of my 2007, to be honest.

Infinityonhigh.jpg

Really this album came into my life through chance. Having started seeing a girl who was what we would call an “emo” these days, she introduced me to the band. We have all been at the stage of a relationship where you will say yes to anything and although I wasn’t too pleased about the fact that I had to listen to “one of her bands”, I gave it a shot. I am hesitant to say that I already had my mind made up about this album before I listened to it but it is as close as I could get to describe my feeling about it.

As the first song started, I knew that I was onto something special. Every single song on this album is absolutely brilliant and fuelled my love affair with them until their indefinite hiatus last year. Now, I am not one who would normally be sucked into this kind of band but everything about this album is perfect. Every guitar riff is oddly catchy and Patrick Stump’s vocal performance transcends everything else on the album. I have done a couple of singing gigs in the past and I cannot get over how good of a singer he is on this album and beyond.

At this point, I began playing The Godfather on XBOX 360 and played this album over the background. I learned all of the words just through force of habit and eventually it just became a main stay in my iTunes account. I would never dream of removing it. It is utterly incredible!

I think I can name a few.

The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance - One of my all-time favorite albums. Every song is at least good, with plenty of great tracks (Sleep, Teenagers, Dead!).

Hot Fuss by The Killers - Another favorite, this time from my favorite band. I like the diversity on this album, with everything being easily likable.

Pretty. Odd. by Panic! At The Disco - Say what you will about them, but you haven't heard them at their best until you've heard this. Nice throwback style, drawing inspiration from The Beatles and The Beach Boys.

I can listen toFinal Conversation of Kings by The Butterfly Effect without skipping a track.
This album is a massive rock album the songs are:
Worlds on Fire-good song
Room Without a view-great song
Final Conversation-good song
The way-least liked song but still good
Window and the Watcher-2nd best song on this album
....And the promise of the truth-great song
In these Hands-Best song on this Album
7 days-great song
Rain-3rd best song
Sum of 1-good song.

i definately have to agree with hybird thoery and meteora two of the best albums ever made but a few others i can listen to all the way through are:
1. Chevelle - wonder whats next, every song is just awesome, if you havent heard them before i reccoment buying the album and
2. Coheed and Cambria - second stage turbine blade, claudio sanchez has some of the best vocals i have ever heard and the lyrics in all the songs are friggin awesome

Pretty. Odd. by Panic! At The Disco - Say what you will about them, but you haven't heard them at their best until you've heard this. Nice throwback style, drawing inspiration from The Beatles and The Beach Boys.

I was going to name this one but near the end, Folkin' Around/ She Had the World/ From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins, I tend to skip to the last song (Mad As Rabbits). Totally agree about this being there best stuff. Actually I hate there first cd and was very hesitant about listening to this even after I heard it had a Beatle-y vibe. I've parted ways with them now that Ryan Ross left the band, I quite enjoy The Young Veins. It's tough to find the cd though, even a torrent although if you can find either I highly suggest giving it a try. Not quite as good as "Pretty. Odd." but very influenced by 60's rock.

TWIZTID~THE GREEN BOOK

album-the-green-book.jpg

1 "The Green Book"
2 "On the Other End"
3 "White Trash with Tat-2's"
4 "Afraid of Me"
5 "Wondering Why"
6 "Call Me"
7 "I'm the Only 1"
8 "Speculationz"
9 "The World Is Hell"
10 "Nikateen"
11 "U Don't Wanna Be Like Me"
12 "Serial Killa"
13 "Marsh Lagoon"
14 "Bobby's Dad"
15 "Hydro"
16 "Frankenstein"
17 "Everybody Diez"
18 "Fat Kidz"
19 "Hom Sha Bom"
20 "Darkness"

I picked up this CD back in 2003 and I still play the shit out of it today. This is album features various artists such as E-40, Layzie Bone,Tech N9ne, Bushwick Bill, and various Psychopathic Records artists.
I can't think of one bad song on this album. Twiztid uses a mix of rock and hip hop to keep this CD fresh and I think the songs are arranged in away that keeps the flow of the album moving along without slowing down.

I know a lot of people hate on Twiztid without even giving them a chance, just because they are down with the clown. I think you should give them a listen you might find that they are pretty damn good. Check out this song off The Green Book, they explain just how they feel about being compared to the Insane Clown Posse...
[YOUTUBE]LNP_xiJQd8g[/YOUTUBE]

Any Dr. Dre album goes on my list. One of if not the most influencial producers in music over the last 25 years. Eazy-E, N.W.A., his own albums, Snoop Dogg, The D.O.C., Ice Cube, Eminem, 2pac, 50 Cent, Game, Busta Rhymes all at varying degrees have bveen blessed to get beats from the man. Epic. You don't even have to enjoy the music to realize that that is virtually untouched in all of music.

Eminem, Recovery. I actually like the album OVERALL more than any of his other albums. A mature album from the shock rapper.

Nas - Stillmatic. Love it more than Illmatic, which is a classic in his own right. Love both, but Stillmatic stick sout more for me.

Sam Cooke - Greatest Hits. Love the mans voice. A Change Goin' Come, Another Saturday Night, Cupid, She Was Only 16, Wonderful World. Beautiful songs, beautiful voice.

Atmosphere - You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having. From "The Arrival" to the end, it's just an incredible album. Perfect balance of uplift and down-trottin'. Great album.

Michael Jackson - Thriller. Excellent album. Enough said.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced 'leh-'nerd 'skin-'nerd.' Freebird could be the only song on this album in some ways, and I'd still consider it a classic. But with Tuesday's Gone, Poison Whiskey, Mississippi Kid.

I'll think of some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back