• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which 2010-11 playoff team(s) won't make the playoffs this season?

Which 2010-11 playoff team(s) won't make the playoffs this season?

• New England (East Champ)

• New York (Wild Card #2)

• Pittsburgh (North Champ)

• Baltimore (Wild Card #1)

• Indianapolis (South Champ)

• Kansas City (West Champ)

• Philadelphia (East Champ)

• Chicago (North Champ)

• Green Bay (Wild Card #2)

• Atlanta (South Champ)

• New Orelans (Wild Card #1)

• Seattle (West Champ

• All 12 will make the playoffs again

Results are only viewable after voting.

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
We are inching closer and closer to preseason football starting, which means it's time for some predictions! First off will be about which playoff teams of 2011 won't come back to the NFL's 2nd season this time around. Since there's normally a good amount of teams that don't make it back two (or more) years in a row, there will possibly be multiple answers for this poll. Just to refresh, these are the 12 playoff teams from last season:

AFC - New England (East Champs), New York (Wild Card #2), Pittsburgh (North Champs), Baltimore (Wild Card #1), Indianapolis (South Champs), and Kansas City (West Champs)

NFC - Philadelphia (East Champs), Chicago (North Champs), Green Bay (Wild Card #2), Atlanta (South Champs), New Orleans (Wild Card #1), Seattle (West Champs)

Out of these 12, you have your regulars who you'd be more surprised if they weren't there then if they were, some hot and cold teams, and some serious surprises. Of these teams, I have the Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Colts, Eagles, Packers, and Falcons returning. Why don't I have the other 5 returning? Well...

Baltimore - Getting up there in age. I know they drafted a guy who I think will be a nice CB in Jimmy Smith, but there's always one team you don't expect to miss the playoffs that do, and I think even though this is a ten win team, they'll lose out on some sort of tiebreaker to Houston for the other WC spot (I know people have been on the Texans bandwagon for what seems like 5 years now, but they added Joseph and Wade Phillips is a very good D-Cordinator. If they don't make it Gary Kubiak could be in trouble.)

Kansas City - Simple. San Diego is just better, and they lost their O-Coordinator (Charlie Weis) to the NCAA. The Chargers lost a few of their games because of their special teams problems, and that should be fixed soon. The Chiefs seem like a 2008 Dolphins to me were 8-8 or 7-9 seems more likely.

Chicago - They played exceptionally well in close games. 10 of their 16 games were decided by a TD or less, and they were 7-3 in those games. They had some luck on their side as well (the two Lions games still sting a bit) and yes, I think the Lions have improved enough to take over the Bears as the #2 team in the division. Drinking the cool aid a bit? Probably. But I still have thoughts on Jay Cutler being a great QB.

New Orleans - I think Tampa Bay leaps over them for at least one year, since the Saints do have a rough schedule until about the last month. I don't wanna bet against Brees, but I think (for this year) Josh Freeman will get his team over the hump and take 2nd from the saints and get one of the WC spots.

Seattle - They have (at best) the 3rd best QB in their own division. It's arguable that Alex Smith is even better then the Whitehurst/Jackson combination. Obviously the benefited from a bad division, but I'd put my chips in a young Rams team that was only a game away from winning the division as well with an improving Bradford as we speak. Their offseason deals just don't stand out to me that much. had they brought Hasselbeck back or got someone like Orton or McNabb I could consider them, but not with the garbage they're playing with.

I think you're a little pre mature on the demise of New Orleans and Baltimore as playoff teams. Baltimore has their main core coming back plus they have an improved secondary with the addition of Jimmy Smith and Bernard Pollard. They may not be as good as last years 12-4 record but I still see them winning 11 games and getting a wild card spot. They have 4 almost gimme games vs Cleveland and Cinci in their own division plus I don't see any new teams as a wild card that will get in over them. The Texans every single year are seen as a wild card team and every single year they fail. Four straight years they have been predicted by many as a wild card team and they always fail.

With New Orleans I see them again as an 11-5 wild card team. The addition of Mark Ingram is big for their running game and they also added a veteran Olin Kreutz at center. Tampa Bay overachieved last year and I expect them to come back to earth a little as a 7-9 or 8-8 team.

There's two teams I am very confident won't make the playoffs and one that I have up in the air.

The one I have up in the air is Seattle. I liked their off season more then any other team in their division and they are the defending division champions. It all basically depends on if Tarvaris Jackson can finally turn his talent into a decent season. He doesn't have to be great but he can't cost his team games. In that division anything is possible.

One team I see missing the playoffs is Chicago. They overachieved last year and there is a lot of pressure on Cutler after last seasons finish. Their division is turning into one of the tougher ones in the league with the emergence of Detroit and with McNabb leading Minnesota. I just can't see them winning any more then 9 games.

The other team I have missing the playoffs is Kansas City. Another overachiever from last year and they benefited from an easy schedule. Charlie Weiss is now gone as O coordinator and they will also hurt them. I expect San Diego to have a bounce back year and be the sole playoff team from that division.

Let's see...first off, I'll go with
Kansas City- They've got a brutal schedule, not to mention Matt Cassel got exposed a bit at the end of the season, so personally, I don't think they can win again, especially with thee Chargers reputation as a great regular season team.

Seattle-This one is close, they added a pretty good Wide Receiver, but...Tavaris Jackson...but yeah. I think it all depends if Sam Bradford has matured a lot more over the off-season, if he has, I would say the Rams could knock Seattle out.

Indianapolis...I CAN see them reaching the playoffs again, it all depends on Peyton Manning. That's all I can say.

We are inching closer and closer to preseason football starting, which means it's time for some predictions! First off will be about which playoff teams of 2011 won't come back to the NFL's 2nd season this time around. Since there's normally a good amount of teams that don't make it back two (or more) years in a row, there will possibly be multiple answers for this poll. Just to refresh, these are the 12 playoff teams from last season:

AFC - New England (East Champs), New York (Wild Card #2), Pittsburgh (North Champs), Baltimore (Wild Card #1), Indianapolis (South Champs), and Kansas City (West Champs)

NFC - Philadelphia (East Champs), Chicago (North Champs), Green Bay (Wild Card #2), Atlanta (South Champs), New Orleans (Wild Card #1), Seattle (West Champs)

I don't see Kansas City, Chicago, or Seattle returning.

Seattle: Two words...Matt Hasselbeck. When this man was their QB, they were ON. Led them to Superbowl and under him they were unbeaten at Home in the playoffs. When he was out, well we saw what direction that team went in. They could've have only gone so far with Charlie Whitehurst.

I say Sam Bradford improves his game and The Rams steal this division.

Kansas City: A perfect example of a one year wonder. Matt Cassel played well, their D was outstanding in most parts of the season, not to mention they had some depth at Running Back: Jones, McCluster, Charles. They had such a balanced attack, but they fell of towards the end of the season and the final nail in the coffin came when they were torn apart in their house by Baltimore.

The Raiders are taking this division. For god sakes, they swept their own division last season. San Diego will still be good, but they have clearly fallen off and they proved when they couldn't even beat lowly Cincinatti to get into the playoffs. I must admit, The Raiders will miss Nnamdi, but I believe they'll bounce back.

Chicago: It's hard to say for them honestly. They will still be a good team, but there is some competition this season. I mean after the whole Jay Cutler thing last season, it's hard to see how The Bears bounce back.

I'm going with Green Bay or Minnesota for this division. McNabb is going to make more a difference than most people think. His arm is even stronger than Favre's. He's got beasts at receiver, not to mention Adrian Peterson....enough said.

This is going to be a very unpredictable NFL Season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back