• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where'd You Go Beth Phoenix?

Anyone remember Beth Phoenix? She's blonde, about 5'7, tough-looking, oh and she's the WOMEN'S CHAMPION!

The WWE seems to have forgotten all about her. Now I know what you guys are going to say- "but Dragon they just had Beth Phoenix defend her title at Armageddon!" But, seriously after almost no build-up for the feud, and not even a mention of the match right before the PPV, I hardly could take that title defence seriously. The Mickie/Beth feud could have been great. No scratch that- it could have been amazing, especially if you've seen these two in the ring. It ended up proving nothing, and only ended Mickie's dominant streak. To add to that, Beth barely appears on Raw. It doesn't make sense to not have your Women's Champion on Raw for two weeks straight, especially when that Women's Champion is in her hometown (yesterday's Raw was in Buffalo).

Ever since Candice got injured, Beth seems to have just faded into the background, despite the fact that she's supposed to be a "dominant" female, desptie the fact that she reigns on top of her division. Lack-luster tag team matches, sub-par feuds, PPV matches that really mean nothing- what does it all amount to? It amounts to Beth have one of the worst title reigns since Lita's in 2006 (I love Lita, but that title reign was pretty bad). It's a shame because Beth really could've had a good title reign. She really could've had an awsome feud with Mickie. Instead we're served with a title reign (and feud) that is akin to leftover meatloaf- no one really likes it.

Flames Out
Dragon

Well the explanation for beth not being there last night would be that Buffalo is her hometown and they probably didn't want her to get a huge pop or anything. In terms of the feud with Mickie James, WWE just plain dropped the ball. These ladies are both fantastic wrestlers and deserve at least a part of the spotlight. I can think back to the match between Lita and Trish Stratus from Raw in 2004 after Lita's neck injury. The match was absolutely amazing! It was better than about 50% of the matches in the men's division that year. Beth and Mickie could easily have torn the house down at Armageddon, but in WWE's infinite knowledge they have managed fumble a money feud.

Well the explanation for beth not being there last night would be that Buffalo is her hometown and they probably didn't want her to get a huge pop or anything. In terms of the feud with Mickie James, WWE just plain dropped the ball. These ladies are both fantastic wrestlers and deserve at least a part of the spotlight. I can think back to the match between Lita and Trish Stratus from Raw in 2004 after Lita's neck injury. The match was absolutely amazing! It was better than about 50% of the matches in the men's division that year. Beth and Mickie could easily have torn the house down at Armageddon, but in WWE's infinite knowledge they have managed fumble a money feud.

Pfft, Beth getting a supposed "good reaction" is a lame excuse for not having her on Raw, and the report about that just doesn't seem true. Trish was a bigger heel than Beth and she got to appear in Toronto a few years ago. Besides, the hometown excuse doesn't apply to last week, where Beth didn't even appear, and there was no mention of her upcoming title defense at Armageddon. I do agree that Beth and Mickie could have "torn the house down" on Sunday, but with the lack of time and build-up they scrapped together what they could, and it just wasn't enough.

I do agree about the Lita vs Trish match, which is from the Dec. 6, 2004 edition of Raw. One of the best Diva's matches in the past few years.

Flames Out
Dragon

candice is the best diva and wen she comes back she will win that title back

Are you serious? Candice is no where near the best diva in the WWe today. That honour goes to Beth or Mickie. Now back on the topic, i do not know why beth didnt appear on raw in her hometown. There must of been a good reason for her but i cant for the life of me think of one. If she is the best womens wrestler out there and she is a champion, than why the hell on raw are they showing 10 divas fighting in a christmas fight? I dont get it and lets just hope Beth gets the spotlight she deserves as champion, as she should.

Are you serious? Candice is no where near the best diva in the WWe today. That honour goes to Beth or Mickie. Now back on the topic, i do not know why beth didnt appear on raw in her hometown. There must of been a good reason for her but i cant for the life of me think of one. If she is the best womens wrestler out there and she is a champion, than why the hell on raw are they showing 10 divas fighting in a christmas fight? I dont get it and lets just hope Beth gets the spotlight she deserves as champion, as she should.

Exactly. I would've rather seen some Mickie/Beth action, or *gasp* even a promo or something akin to that instead of just putting a bunch of divas in the ring (which basically became a train wreck). I think the whole reason why Beth hasn't been showcased much is because Candice has been out, and Beth had a major feud with her. Still, despite the fact that Candice is injured, life does go on, and it shouldn't have stopped Beth's sucess as a champion.

Flames Out
Dragon

candice is the best diva and wen she comes back she will win that title back

Come on! I love the women and obsessively mark for her but not even I go that far!

Anyways, they're holding Beth off for Candice. They want to keep Beth vs. Candice fresh on our minds , hence why JR plugged it in Mickie vs. Beth alot. They booked the division as crappy as they could so we would be excited about Candice's return, which I will be but not if it means putting the division at risk.

If plans stay as they are, Beth should be champion into Mania and keep her feud with Candice going. I'm sure Beth will be brought back up and have a damn good reign for what's left.

Maybe we'll see some gimmick matches, not bra and panties but hardcore matches, etc. if they keep the feud going that long as they would eventually have to get creative somewhere. It would be a shame to see someone like Beth not be utilized in hardcore matches, ladder matches (which she's been in), and cage matches. But we'll have to see how far the WWE is willing to go with these two.

Mickie vs. Beth could've been the best feud, like ever, but WWE knew if they went with that, then Candice's return wouldn't have meant nothing and it would've been disrupting the feud.

Come on! I love the women and obsessively mark for her but not even I go that far!

Anyways, they're holding Beth off for Candice. They want to keep Beth vs. Candice fresh on our minds , hence why JR plugged it in Mickie vs. Beth alot. They booked the division as crappy as they could so we would be excited about Candice's return, which I will be but not if it means putting the division at risk.

If plans stay as they are, Beth should be champion into Mania and keep her feud with Candice going. I'm sure Beth will be brought back up and have a damn good reign for what's left.

Maybe we'll see some gimmick matches, not bra and panties but hardcore matches, etc. if they keep the feud going that long as they would eventually have to get creative somewhere. It would be a shame to see someone like Beth not be utilized in hardcore matches, ladder matches (which she's been in), and cage matches. But we'll have to see how far the WWE is willing to go with these two.

Mickie vs. Beth could've been the best feud, like ever, but WWE knew if they went with that, then Candice's return wouldn't have meant nothing and it would've been disrupting the feud.

I can understand wanting to continue the Beth/Candice feud, however Candice isn't even returning till January. That gives the WWE plenty of time to make a good feud, but they haven't. Mickie/Beth was held off till a few weeks ago, and that hasn't gone anywhere. Before that we saw pointless tag team matches and the squashes she had with Kelly.

Every single feud this year, excluding a few instances has been so repetitive, and it's just gotten worse with Mickie/Beth. It's like the WWE isn't even trying. I remember the days of triple threat matches and fatal fourways. Melina vs Mickie vs Beth could be amazing, or Jillian vs Mickie vs Beth- how about Melina vs Beth vs Mickie vs Jillian. There's a lot of options that the WWE has that could fill in time before Candice returns. They're just not picking the best ones.

Flames Out
Dragon

I can understand wanting to continue the Beth/Candice feud, however Candice isn't even returning till January. That gives the WWE plenty of time to make a good feud, but they haven't. Mickie/Beth was held off till a few weeks ago, and that hasn't gone anywhere. Before that we saw pointless tag team matches and the squashes she had with Kelly.

Every single feud this year, excluding a few instances has been so repetitive, and it's just gotten worse with Mickie/Beth. It's like the WWE isn't even trying. I remember the days of triple threat matches and fatal fourways. Melina vs Mickie vs Beth could be amazing, or Jillian vs Mickie vs Beth- how about Melina vs Beth vs Mickie vs Jillian. There's a lot of options that the WWE has that could fill in time before Candice returns. They're just not picking the best ones.

Flames Out
Dragon

I completely agree with you. Every feud we had this year was the same. It's like they've got a blueprint set up and every new diva who comes, they get entered into a tag match, singles match, tag match, PPV Title match. There are no promos, which means no crowd connecting, which also means the divas won't get over, etc. The WWE has yet to do a feud like that this year where you get good build up and anticipation towards a title match.

I think Candice isn't wrestling until mid-January. She's supposed to return in 2 weeks and attack Beth ,etc and after that then start wrestling. But I'm not sure though.

I actually wrote about this the day after Candice was injured. I knew that they would just have Beth fade away until Candice comes back to get her revenge and regain the title. The simple fact is that i'm not 100% sure about this but i think that maybe management blames Beth for Candice's injury and that'S why Beth hasn't been push that much since the incident. But something that i'm sure about is that i saw that coming a mile away since it's not the first time that something like this has happen and it's not going to be the last time either.

Dragon I love you lol, anyway I agree with pretty much everything Dragon has said. There are sooo many options for WWE to go with for Beth if they are in fact waiting for Candice to return. They could do matches like fatal four ways between Beth, Mickie, Jillian, and Melina.They could do a lot of things besides Mickie and Maria? vs Beth and Melina. That match is one sided and gets old before the bell rings. So many of us were waiting for the Beth vs Mickie feud, and when it happened I certainly say that WWE dropped the ball and just didn't care for it at all.

The whole divas divison has gone down the gutter since 2 of its top divas left which were trish and lita, they knew how to put on a good match and weren't like all these other useful divas that put on skimpy outfits and just pull hair that's so whack. With the candice and beth storyline I believed that they pused candice 2 much to be champion and I'm glad that beth has it now because she does wrestle and I think they should show her cutting promos and having different matches with some good divas like victoria and not puttin her up gainst competetior we know she will beat up in half a second. Same with any champ if ur the champ u should be always shown and make ur mark in the business

I Lol'd at the ''Candice is the best diva and she will win the title when she comes back'' response by rocky13.

Anyways, Beth Phoenix is a complete powerhouse. She is insane with skill when it comes to the ring. Although, I think she does look like a man, she is still one of the best Divas as of now. I compare her to a Chyna. She has the strength and the skill for the ring. It's a shame she isn't a male(Although I don't think it would be too hard to cover it up) WWE could use her as a WWE champion. The way Raw is looking now, lol.

But seriously, in my opinion. Chyna= Beth Phoenix for sure.

The whole divas divison has gone down the gutter since 2 of its top divas left which were trish and lita, they knew how to put on a good match and weren't like all these other useful divas that put on skimpy outfits and just pull hair that's so whack. With the candice and beth storyline I believed that they pused candice 2 much to be champion and I'm glad that beth has it now because she does wrestle and I think they should show her cutting promos and having different matches with some good divas like victoria and not puttin her up gainst competetior we know she will beat up in half a second. Same with any champ if ur the champ u should be always shown and make ur mark in the business

The division isn't worse because Lita and Trish left. Sure, it definitely sucked to see them go, and it's rare to see female wrestlers with the impact that those two had, however the reason the division now is so bad is because of the lack of time and effort put into it. Do you guys realize there hasn't been a storyline really constructed over a long period of time since the Trish/Mickie feud in 05/06? Beth does have all the skill in the world, but she is a horrible champion, and that isn't her fault. She can only do so much with the little that she is given. I don't blame her, or any of the other divas for the state that the division is in.

Flames Out
Dragon

well booking just sucks in my opinion and beth does have all the skill in the world and i cant wait for candice to come back (not cuz i like her cuz i dont) but maybe they would start pushing beth again and have her start cutting promos and stuff that promo she cut after she attacked kelly kelly was very good they way she spoked, rolled her eyes, etc.. was beautifully done so when candice does come back i hope the pushing of beth comes again and they start letting her connect with the fans more cuz what i have seen of beth at houseshows she does get reactions when she comes out and when she is givin the mic she can draw heat they need to start giving beth the mic more.

I Lol'd at the ''Candice is the best diva and she will win the title when she comes back'' response by rocky13.

Anyways, Beth Phoenix is a complete powerhouse. She is insane with skill when it comes to the ring. Although, I think she does look like a man, she is still one of the best Divas as of now. I compare her to a Chyna. She has the strength and the skill for the ring. It's a shame she isn't a male(Although I don't think it would be too hard to cover it up) WWE could use her as a WWE champion. The way Raw is looking now, lol.

But seriously, in my opinion. Chyna= Beth Phoenix for sure.

That's pretty insulting. Are you insinuating that any muscle mass on a woman makes them male?

Get real. I'll admit Chyna looked like a man, but I say that because Chyna really did look like a man. Her eyes were unfeminine, and her jaw was blocky.

Beth is very feminine, from her curves to her hair and her face. She doesn't look anything like a man at all.

That's pretty insulting. Are you insinuating that any muscle mass on a woman makes them male?

Get real. I'll admit Chyna looked like a man, but I say that because Chyna really did look like a man. Her eyes were unfeminine, and her jaw was blocky.

Beth is very feminine, from her curves to her hair and her face. She doesn't look anything like a man at all.

Thank you im getting tired of people saying that (so all women who are muscle built look like men?) beth is beautiful to no end, if you meet her in person you will feel like an ass for calling her a man.

Thank you im getting tired of people saying that (so all women who are muscle built look like men?) beth is beautiful to no end, if you meet her in person you will feel like an ass for calling her a man.

I've met Torrie Wilson in real life, & I told her point blank that she wasn't pretty to me. She asked if I thought she was one of the best looking divas & I said no. I didn't feel bad about it, she asked my opinion & got an answer she likely wasn't expecting.

Now then, anyone who thinks Beth Phoenix is manish is clearly blind. Jillian Hall has a worse looking face than Beth.. as you said, people get scared off by female's with muscles, & that "obviously" means they're manish.

Chyna was the only female I've ever considered manish looking. Well, then there was Nicole Bass.. but I honestly think that thing was a he to begin with. And you can't convince me otherwise.

Saying that Beth is the same thing as Chyna is a complete copout. I've never heard anybody even once say that Victoria or Jazz resembled Chyna, and both of them are as muscular as Phoenix.

Calling any chick who has a little bit of muscle (like Phoenix) a man, is pathetic, If I see or hear comments like that from other guys, I would just take it as a sign that these guys are intimidated by these girls, their intimidated by a woman that might be stronger or faster than they are, how chauvinistic is that?

Saying that Beth is the same thing as Chyna is a complete copout. I've never heard anybody even once say that Victoria or Jazz resembled Chyna, and both of them are as muscular as Phoenix.

I completely agree. I think Victoria is one of the best looking divas W.W.E. has ever had.

Calling any chick who has a little bit of muscle (like Phoenix) a man, is pathetic, If I see or hear comments like that from other guys, I would just take it as a sign that these guys are intimidated by these girls, their intimidated by a woman that might be stronger or faster than they are, how chauvinistic is that?

I also agree with this statement. Which is what 90% of any of the comments from guys about manish Women are. Incase you were directing your comments to me, I didn't mean to say Chyna (with her muscles) looked manish to me.. but instead, with her facial structure when she first debuted.

But Beth Phoenix to me is a very beautiful woman. I think her gimmick works for her, because she is the complete mixture of beauty & power.

I completely agree. I think Victoria is one of the best looking divas W.W.E. has ever had.

I also agree with this statement. Which is what 90% of any of the comments from guys about manish Women are. Incase you were directing your comments to me, I didn't mean to say Chyna (with her muscles) looked manish to me.. but instead, with her facial structure when she first debuted.

But Beth Phoenix to me is a very beautiful woman. I think her gimmick works for her, because she is the complete mixture of beauty & power.

There are exceptions, of course, women aren't really made to be super muscular like Nikki Fuller, or Nicole Bass, or Jill Mills, or Chyna. I can understand some men jumping on the case of some super muscular chick, because it can be weird to see a woman with huge muscles (though really they deserve the same respect as everyone else) but I just can't stand when just because a woman has a little bit of muscle (Like the Christi Ricci, Sara Del Ray, Phoenix, or April Hunter's of the world) or natural muscle, they get put in the "man" category as well.

There are exceptions, of course, women aren't really made to be super muscular like Nikki Fuller, or Nicole Bass, or Jill Mills, or Chyna. I can understand some men jumping on the case of some super muscular chick, because it can be weird to see a woman with huge muscles (though really they deserve the same respect as everyone else) but I just can't stand when just because a woman has a little bit of muscle (Like the Christi Ricci, Sara Del Ray, Phoenix, or April Hunter's of the world) or natural muscle, they get put in the "man" category as well.

yeah i can understand that statement, some women are just really big and you can tell they probably had a little bit of help with getting some of those muscles, but like you said sara del ray, phoenix, april hunter, etc... all look like naturally built women who workout to achieve there muscle mass (beth said herself she is religious when it comes to the gym she works out everyday) so i really dont like when most men see muscular women and automatically go "she looks like a man" they are just looking at the body nothing else but beth all i could say was DAMN when i met her she has an absolutely beautiful face and built.

yeah i can understand that statement, some women are just really big and you can tell they probably had a little bit of help with getting some of those muscles, but like you said sara del ray, phoenix, april hunter, etc... all look like naturally built women who workout to achieve there muscle mass (beth said herself she is religious when it comes to the gym she works out everyday) so i really dont like when most men see muscular women and automatically go "she looks like a man" they are just looking at the body nothing else but beth all i could say was DAMN when i met her she has an absolutely beautiful face and built.

Nicole Bass is another example of a woman that was ugly regardless of her build. The thing about her was that she was very tall, over six feet, and that made her predisposed to working out, which is good and fine.

The problem with her was that she did a lot of steroids, so much so it caused liver damage. But you can take any screenshot of her in the WWE, a very close one of her face, and call her ugly on that merit alone.

But yes, I can also add the likes of Melissa Deitwiller, Jennifer Broomfield, Cindy Phillips, and Britt Miller to the list of women that could qualify as very well built without taking the Chyna/Bass approach to having an unattractive face.

In other news, Beth should have been in that Royal last night.

Even women who have alot of muscle, some of them are very attractive either way (Nikki Fuller and Jill Mills, I believe someone mentioned Brit Miller) most guys would put these women in the "not a man category" because these women are feminine and have feminine traits (IE, womanly curves, boobs, and a womanly face) others like Chyna and Nicole are placed in the "man category" because they have features not usually found on women (IE Chyna's awkward looking face)

In other news, Beth should have been in that Royal last night.

The last thing Beth Phoenix needs to do is participate in a pillow fight that'll further damage her credibility as a dominate champ

I Agree,

I Dont See Why Back When Candice Was First Hurt They Had Beth Comment On It On Raw, (causing The Injury) Saying She Was The Glamerzon And Put Candice On The Shelf. Its Like They Opened The Door For A Great Rivalry But Never Ran With It. They Could Have Strted The Mickie / Beth Fued Then.

I Mean They Are Going Way To Far With The Tag Team Matches That Is All They Do. They Also Need To Either Train Or Get New Divas That Know How To Wrestle. Keep The Sloppy Ones For The Eye Candy As Matridee' But Come One! Announcers Turning Into Wrestlers? The Last Good Womens Feud Was Trish And Mickie But Ulimate Was Deffinatly Trish And Lita. Even Candice And Beth Wasnt That Great Cause Candice Couldnt Lace Beths Boots And Its Obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back