• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where is Ziggler headed?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
Is ziggler still getting a push??
i think he should go directly back to whc picture win it just for sandow to cash in, then have a big feud with him, but instead ziggler seems to be just one of the guys who dislikes hhh. like madden stated on a wrestlezone column, that they will be 1 guy who steps up to the plate and helps bryan, but will it be ziggler? where is ziggler heading to? and will he be in the main event anytime soon

Ziggler is as talented as anyone in that locker room and not to mention whenever he is in a match he always steals the show but always manages to show off too in the process while doing just that, Ziggler is like a modern-day Shawn Michaels when you think about it having the charisma, the overall ability, mic skills and not to mention whenever he is in that ring he puts on great matches like HBK used to do

Ziggler definitely deserves a push but should be pushed towards the WWE Championship instead of the World Heavyweight Championship because Ziggler he has already won the big gold belt, he should win the more prestigious belt that being the WWE Championship

I've been wrong so many times in my view of the company's plans for Ziggler that it probably doesn't serve for me to say it again.....but I will, anyway.:)

Dolph has received such immense TV exposure these past years that I figured Vince McMahon was using what he sees as his star-making ability to thrust Dolph into the position of a guy who will take WWE into the next decade.....a headlining, main event performer.

I've never agreed with this position; I have nothing against Dolph Ziggler and have found many of his matches entertaining, but I feel he doesn't have the charisma and ring presence to be a main event performer. If they can "teach" him charisma or have him develop it himself, that would be wonderful; but I've never seen anyone who didn't have it naturally find a way to develop it. I figured WWE was pushing things by trying to elevate Dolph to the status of featured performer.

But, every time he seems ready to crash through the glass ceiling, making me certain they've decided he's reached the top, the company knocks him down again. When he cashed in on his MITB opportunity against Alberto Del Rio, I was positive he was going to be fighting in the main event at PPVs for years to come. Instead, he gets a legitimate concussion and they take the belt off him.....and now we once again have to see what management has planned.

I think turning him good guy for the first time in his career (as Dolph) is a good move; everyone turns sooner or later and it will be interesting to see how Dolph can progress as a face.

Some folks on this forum see Dolph as absolutely fabulous as a wrestler. I don't; which isn't to say he's useless, either. I think he'd be fine as a career mid-carder. What's different is that while I was sure his employer saw him at the top, I'm no longer convinced of that.

Time will tell; and Dolph certainly has that on his side.

But also Dolph Ziggler is a 2-time World Champion former IC and US Champion Mr. Money in the Bank but the only things that elude Ziggler the accomplishments he hasn't won yet are the WWE Tag Team Championship, WWE Championship, and a Royal Rumble Match victory but Ziggler has enough time on his side, he has at least a few more years to earn those accomplishments but Dolph has never main evented Mania but I say he will before he retires but definitely Ziggler should be pushed back into the main event picture

It seems his face run has stagnated of late.

I believe he will be one of the people who stands up to the Corporation

I would like to preface my post by saying that I am, indeed, a Dolph Ziggler guy. I am from Washington State and grew up watching Daniel Bryan at indie shows here, but when it comes to subjectivity, Ziggler is my guy. He is the only wrestler who, when he is held back, will make me throw objectivity out the window, irrationally, and go through a gamut of emotions, worried about what is happening with him.

With that being said, I believe in objectivity and reason above all else. I make all of this clear so it is understood, when I say the following, that it is something I do not feel great about saying or feeling that it is true, whether it be true or not. Ziggler has something missing.

Watch any of his interviews on or off the shows, and you will, hopefully, notice that Ziggler portrays an awkward quality. That quality doesn't necessarily point toward him being nervous or embarrassed, but those are two possible explanations. He looks straight forward, and isn't animated like a relaxed and outgoing person when he is interviewed. It's almost like he is constantly focusing on something that is behind him. Whatever it happens to be, it's certainly not engaging. From time to time you will see him, kind of, work through it, but there is always a piece of that quality there.

I feel that this comes through in the ring as a sort of focus, blocking people from really feeling involved with him. I hope to see him work through this, as he is now a character that is supposed to be more relatable with the fans.

Now, I have no idea whether or not what I am talking about has anything to do with the decision by WWE (Whoever has say) to hold him back, but I have a feeling that it does. I think that the WWE should be working with him through it by giving him a lot more mic time. He hasn't had the chance to really figure out things in front of an audience, so I hope his comedy stuff will help him out, and, at the very least, get him to stop with the awkward eyes.

Ziggler is going to become a top star, it is inevitable. In the short-term he will probably be feuding with The Shield and HHH. This is a good place for him as it is the main-storyline in the company. I'm not sure where this ends for Ziggler but he will probably just be phased out.

I want Ziggler to be back in the World title scene. His title run was very strange and he deserves his chance to have a run as champ. I'd happily see a Ziggler/Sandow feud for the title

There's only one thing standing between Ziggler and mega stardom. And that's the fact that people don't give two Sh*ts about him. As great as his look is and as pretty as his moves are he's still so damn mediocre. I blame it on the fact that there's nothing in his character that anyone can relate to. "I'm a show off. I'm cocky. You can tell I'm cocky because I keep telling you I am."... sigh.

Ziggler is involved in the Corporation 2.0 storyline right now along with Big Show, Mark Henry, and The Miz. He's in a good place. It will most likely lead to a match against Dean Ambrose at Night of Champions for the US Title.

Hopefully Ziggler can get his momentum back after the concussion and short World Title reign .. vs Ambrose at Night of Champions seems like good progression

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back