• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where in the world is... Skip Sheffield!

ctln4rko

Pre-Show Stalwart
For those of you that watch the news, I made the title of this thread from Matt Lauer;s old segment on the news, where in the world is Matt Lauer!
Sorry.
I know Skip had a devastating ankle injury back in August(?) Yeah, August 18. To me, right when Nexus was it's hottest, forgetting the Summerslam screwup. But he has not been seen ONCE. His injury was not mentioned, or explained at all. He really caught on to me like a flu in NXT with the Yep Yep yep, and the clothesline/lariat. He was the Nexus's dominant force. To me, Nexus would have been perfect with
Leader- wade Barrett
High Flyer- Justin Gabriel
Powerhouse- Skip Sheffield
But that's not a dominant force. But Darren Young, Heath Slater, etc are not either.
Off note sorry, but I would had the Nexus I just described until September, then recruited Mcguillicutty and Harris, then later still jackson. THAT is a Nexus.

But what will happen to Skip? No one knows when he could return. And sadly, he pretty much is nothing by himself. He didnt have time to build himself.
So what do you think will happen to Skip S? the The Cornfed Meathead"

Same question with Micheal Tarver.

With Skip, I think he should...
1. Return to Raw and The Nexus.
a. Feud with Mason Ryan over who is the strength of Nexus
b. eventually feud with Otunga for betraying their original leader.
2. Go to Smackdown, team with some of the Original Nexus in the Corre, and feud with Ezekiel over who is the strength of Nexus
3. Team with Mike Tarver and be anti Nexus and Corre, pursue the Tag Belts

So... you essentially want the same storyline to play out on Raw, then Smackdown, with only minor tweeks in the execution, and it all culminates with... him starting up a tag team with another Nexus castoff to pursue the hopeless tag team titles? Man, I can tell you're a big Skip fan and all, but it needs to be said. Aspire higher, friend.

I've read reports, right off the Wrestlezone homepage from a few months back stating that Vince is actually really high on Sheffield, seeing him as the potential #2 face of the company behind John Cena. I'm not sure how the debut of Batistwo has affected Vinces feelings towards Sheffield, but that's what I've read. In the short time I saw him (I've yet to bother watching an episode of NXT) he impressed me. I hope the guy starts making some noise after Wrestlemania. With the amount of talent waiting in the shadows until post-Wrestlemania season, I'm quite excited. If Sheamus retains the belt past 'mania, I'd love to see a match between those two brutes.

Small correction, the RAW after Skip's injury, he was mentioned by Tarver with having an ankle injury.

Don't worry about Skip, he will be here. Any man good enough to be Vince's 2nd face behind Cena is bound for greatness. Most likely we will see him after Mania, when WWE completes their seasonal Future Endeavors, in the also seasonal Roster Restock in which we will get multiple debuts within the next 3 months including Skip, Kong, Sin Cara, and many others. Skip is a WWE-Made superstar, from Tough Enough to NXT to RAW, i would count on seeing Skip very very soon. I have no worries, you should not either!

#2 face? Holy shit, am I the only one who remembers the crickets that dude got to his catchphrase, which might be one of the dumbest catchphrases in the history of pro wrestling? Yes, Skip looked decent hitting clotheslines on people who were feigning unconsciousness, but I don't see how that counteracts the totally forgettable stint he had on NXT.

Skip has been hanging around WWE for nearly a decade, which is a testament to his hard work and his physique. However, I would be shocked to see this guy given any kind of push, given that there are at least 6 to 8 young guys with more talent than Skip who are currently languishing in mediocrity.

i must argue with your idea ctln4rko, skip could be a very good singles wrestler. he could be fashioned to almost be similar to goldberg. he has potential if wwe was to build him up properly. as for tarver, i think he is just going to disappear. gabriel and slater should break away from corre, they have the potential to be an amazing tag team on their own. jackson should go solo, and def feud with skip. i cant comment on barret as i strongly dislike him, bad character, bad wrestler, so im not getting into that.
-current rumour is that skip will work both RAW and SMACKDOWN the week before WM 27 so i expect something big from him. exppect to see him in fcw to work off ring rust soon, then just before WM toss him in with someone, or have him go after someone.

I liked Skip when they cancelled ECW and brought NXT into play he was the one I noticed the most he just looks like a bad ass.

sure at first he wore a cowboy hat and looked a bit dumb but when he invaded raw with the nexus at first he was the Bastista of nexus you knew he would be big in the future he looked intense and his finisher was devestating looking.

I bet he's going to be a major player and surpass barett and even daniel bryan or anybody else that comes of NXT.

I don't get where people's love for this guy comes from. He's just like any other big bruiser that they try to push. Nothing special. And the dude is ugly as fuck too.

I know Skip Sheffield was injured during a live event last august and had his ankle broken. He was still a member of nexus. But its been about 8 months. What the hell happened to this guy? No one has been talking about him. Is he still a member of nexus? Who knows this shit. Hes probably healed by now. Skip Sheffield was one of the strongest members of nexus. The one that dominates the most. This guy is huge and i have a feeling his career is gonna turn out into a success. What will happen when skip sheffield returns?
Will he be a memeber of the new nexus. Or is he gonna job his way out of the company, or is he going to smackdown and join the corre, rejoining heath slater justin gabriel and wade barrett, and making it a dominate team since zeke and skip are in it? Who knows? But hte main thing is he is probably healed by now and i think he was supposed to return back in january. So what the hell happened to this guy?

No reason to bring him back this close to Mania. He's going to return:

At Mania:
A: As CM Punk's secret enforcer to help him go over Randy Orton

B: with the Corre in their fight against Kane/Big Show

After Mania:

C: To further one of the Nexus/Corre Angles

D: On his own in a new repackaged character or solo star

Personally, I lean towards D as WWE sent the punted Nexus members back to FCW for character overhauls...

He might return in a more "cowboy" gimmick...I could see him being both a top face (with work like his NXT character) and top heel (monster heel) or even a tweener (psychotic monster who attacks anyone like Kane)

It's just a matter of waiting for the right time/place to bring him back. There's only so much tv time available and right before mania...all tv time goes to bringing the main storylines into place for Mania

Well one thing you have to remember is that its WrestleMania time and WWE doesn't usually have returns happen around this time unless the superstar returning will have a big impact on the big event which Sheffield will not.

I expect to see him make his return soon after mania, but i DO NOT want to see him in any group (nexus or the corre) i believe he should be alone and be used as a monster heel who dominates the midcard and maybe if he proves himself worthy moves up to the main event

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back