• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where in the world is Christian?

HBK89Bill

Pre-Show Stalwart
Where the hell is Captain Charisma? Is he going to come back ever? I can't be the only one waiting for that guy to come back. He can do so much right now if he stays healthy. (That is sort of a problem) Christian/Ziggler for the title? Christian/Barrett for the IC title? Christian/Cesaro becase it would be awesome? Heel of face, I don't care. I'm just a peep wanting to know where he is hanging out these days.

Where the hell is Captain Charisma? Is he going to come back ever? I can't be the only one waiting for that guy to come back. He can do so much right now if he stays healthy. (That is sort of a problem) Christian/Ziggler for the title? Christian/Barrett for the IC title? Christian/Cesaro becase it would be awesome? Heel of face, I don't care. I'm just a peep wanting to know where he is hanging out these days.

Mark Henry took an eternity as well. I don't know what Christian delay is. But some of his injuries are probably due to how frail he is. He really needs to gain some weight.

I've been wondering the same. I've been missing my weekly dose of Captain Charisma. However, as aforementioned, Mark Henry returned a while after he was cleared to go. Christian probably doesn't want to end up showing up for a couple of months or so, and then taking even more time off due to injury. He probably wants to make sure he's ready to go before he gets back in the saddle. As a fellow peep, I can see Christian doing a lot when he returns. He can easily put Ziggler over (or take the strap one more time) or give Wade someone to feud with. If his recent absence means Christian can avoid injury, I'm all for it.

I don't want him back. If he has to be there it's time to transition him to a post wrestler position at commentary or maybe a manager. I'm getting tired of his short comebacks followed by lengthy hiatus routine. And quite frankly I don't think there's any more for him to achieve.

Christian has seemingly been giving the all clear and just like Mark Henry is waiting on being handed the right return story line just like Henry was. Personally I'm gonna say that he will be back at or just after Extreme Rules. As for what he does, could he challenge Cena. Christian v Cena for the WWE title?

Christian got a shot at Cena's title back in 2005 before his contract expired and he jumped to TNA. Apart from his brief WHC title runs in 2011 and his short Intercontinental title reign last summer, Christian hasn't had a proper run or shot at a belt since his ECW spell.

It would allow the WWE title scene to be kept fresh by having a new challenger. Last time someone other than Cena, Punk, Rock, Ryback was involved in a WWE title match it was Daniel Bryan and Kane in the summer of 2012. With Punk taking a hiatus, Rock back making flicks, Ryback coming back for Cena it makes sense to add someone fresh into the mix. Who else can challenge Cena at this moment in time? Orton and Sheamus are battling Big Show and Henry, Kane and Bryan are dealing with the SHIELD. None of the mid-carders are a legit threat at this moment in time, Jericho is busy with Fandango. Christian makes perfect sense.

Christian has seemingly been giving the all clear...

This is an outgoing problem with a roster of performers who are looking for their chance. They're all waiting for the writers to create something for them. Yes, there are a handful who never have to wait, but the Punks' and Cenas' are a favored few, most everyone else is at the mercy of management.

Cue Christian. He was out with an injury for a long, long time back in 2011-12. If I remember correctly, he was on the shelf for many months, then finally came back in mid-2012 and had a few decent matches and got re-inured....and has been out since last July. The problems he now faces are twofold: not only has his momentum evaporated entirely, but he has to wait for Creative to come up with something for him. No, real wrestling fans haven't forgotten him, but from a storyline point of view, he's been gone so long that he doesn't figure in anywhere.....they're going to have to start him from scratch, with only his past reputation in his favor.

Many folks on this forum seem to read the dreaded words: "Sorry, we have nothing for you" as a diss by WWE management to the wrestlers. Sometimes, it may be, but for the most part, it's important to appreciate the enormous pressure on the writers, not only having to develop effective storylines for a multitude of performers, but also to have to change those plans on the fly when necessary.

Consider: the day after WM29, the Rock was scheduled for Raw, and a whole set of plans was in place to set up his involvement with the next PPV. Instead, he gets injured and flies back home.....leaving the whole damn company to scramble and change the entire script to allow for the unexpected development.....all on a day's notice. Yes, we don't care about their problems; we just want to see a good show.....but good God, can you imagine what they went through to make those adjustments? Creative has much more to do than just sit in a conference room and casually dream up scenarios for mid-card performers coming back from extended absences.

Christian?....The company has a lot more to worry about than Jason Reso. He'll be back, but it must be remembered that paying a performer his full salary while he sits at home with his injuries is a total drain on company resources....one they won't want to bear forever.

Last I heard, Christian was medically cleared to return and was just waiting for creative to give him something to do. With the summer months just around the corner, I expect to see Christian back in the mid-card or tag team scene anytime now.

Up until the past couple of years, Christian is someone that's been fortunate to not have all that many serious injuries. Christian's always wrestled a pretty energetic, high pace style for most of his career. However, at 39 years of age, you have to wonder if it's starting to catch up with him and will be more of a regular occurrence, like with Rey Mysterio for instance.

You currently have a bunch of part timers getting ready to leave again, I beleive Jericho is suppose to go back on tour with Fozzy, Rock is filming a new movie, Brock isn't willing to work every show, Triple H needs to get back to the office side of things, & it looks as though Taker was written off TV for awhile on this past Friday's SD! Add to that you have Punk taking time off to recover from some nagging injuries & recharge his batteries, & now Cena has some sort of Achilles injury that could possibly put him out of action for some time, with all that adding up WWE is in desperate need for any star power they can get, & with Christian being medically cleared, I think it's just a matter of time before he's thrown back in the mix & given a substantial role in the ME scene. The Peeps have nothing to worry about Christian should be back before you know it, & personally I can't wait.

See what Justin said, but also, the last two times Christian has returned from injury hes aggravated past injuries while performing. While he himself even stated during WrestleMania Weekend that he's medically cleared they could be stalling to make sure hes completely prepared to go back on a full-time schedule. It's better to have him fully fit and healthy than throwing him out there while hes still trying to regain fitness after being on the sideline for the better part of the last two years.

There is an element of protecting their investment in this, they have paid Christian while he recovers - nearly for 2 years while injured so they want him to be right when he does go again. When this happened to Rey they simply added the time onto his contract at the end and Christian will probably get the same.

Being away for so long works well in his favor, same for guys like Evan Bourne and Mark Henry prior to his "Hall Of Pain" return in that it's like a "new signing". Christian will be clear of the "Edge-Lite" feeling his World Title pushes got and he can come in heel or face, but they only have one shot to get it right - if they blow it, his career is done. Christian also is someone Vince has never been 100% sold on - so that is also a possible reason why he isn't a top priority.

Does he end up in the World title picture? Personally I would hope so as if Cena is keeping it then they never really had that feud they teased back in 2005. It's actually a fresh feud they can use for the title and to me Christian would be the ideal "leader" of the Shield - someone you never saw coming but with a real sense of "injustice". Realistically I think he will end up feuding with someone like Fandango - he was once allied with Jericho so it would make sense they would team up again.

At the end of the day WWE has a former World Champion they can bring back, who is guaranteed a good reaction face or heel and who they know will work some great matches with a good portion of their roster. It's a good card to have in reserve and if they do as they did with Rey and quite possibly Bourne then there is no hurry to do it as the injury time will just get added on.

Yea they are waiting on something for him to do. I went to the Greenville Raw and was outside getting autographs and he was there so he's at the shows just waiting to be used. Hopefully soon though cuz I'm one of his many peeps.

I don't want him back. If he has to be there it's time to transition him to a post wrestler position at commentary or maybe a manager. I'm getting tired of his short comebacks followed by lengthy hiatus routine. And quite frankly I don't think there's any more for him to achieve.

Pretty much this, except instead of not wanting him back, I just don't care if he comes back or not. I'm a longtime "Peep," but it's a new day. WWE has gotten along just fine without him, he's not going to add much, and he'll just be taking up time and filling a spot that could go to better use. "Could" being the keyword there, because WWE will likely waste that time and spot either way, but the point remains-- Christian has done it all and isn't a crucial enough cog to put back into the machine at this point.

Pretty much this, except instead of not wanting him back, I just don't care if he comes back or not. I'm a longtime "Peep," but it's a new day. WWE has gotten along just fine without him, he's not going to add much, and he'll just be taking up time and filling a spot that could go to better use. "Could" being the keyword there, because WWE will likely waste that time and spot either way, but the point remains-- Christian has done it all and isn't a crucial enough cog to put back into the machine at this point.

In an era of rebuilding, which they are - and relying on part-timers, every veteran they can get is useful, especially those on a full time contract.

Christian might not be a "crucial" cog or even in the top 10 in terms of importance to the company's image, but it won't take much for him to get back into it and in the meantime he can elevate a lot of young talent, help them improve in the ring and crucially, on the mic. If he ends up a manager it's a waste of a contract which is the only reason they would can him - to free the funds up to pay for more Brock dates. That would be very short-sighted though as Christian would do more to get Barrett, Kingston, Cesaro and Sandow into that credible main event spot than 5 extra Brock appearances would for the whole company.

In an era of rebuilding, which they are - and relying on part-timers, every veteran they can get is useful, especially those on a full time contract.

Christian might not be a "crucial" cog or even in the top 10 in terms of importance to the company's image, but it won't take much for him to get back into it and in the meantime he can elevate a lot of young talent, help them improve in the ring and crucially, on the mic. If he ends up a manager it's a waste of a contract which is the only reason they would can him - to free the funds up to pay for more Brock dates. That would be very short-sighted though as Christian would do more to get Barrett, Kingston, Cesaro and Sandow into that credible main event spot than 5 extra Brock appearances would for the whole company.

He can do that without returning to the ring though, which is why I said "pretty much this" to Headman's comment. He can work backstage or in Florida to help bolster the young talent. TV time for midcarders on Raw is still tight despite the fact that they've expanded to 3 hours.

If Christian returns then he could certainly bring the mid-card back to life and bring some prestige back to the IC and US titles. he should also return as a fan favourite as it suits him much better because he gets a good reaction normally.

If Christian returns then he could certainly bring the mid-card back to life and bring some prestige back to the IC and US titles.

Could he really, though? I'll leave this issue alone after this, but I just don't see that happening. He doesn't book the matches, he just goes out there and wrestles. His last IC title run was as pointless as every other IC title run since Cody Rhodes ended his long and entertaining reign a year ago. Christian is a solid hand in the ring to be sure, but he isn't a game changer in any way, shape, or form. It won't be until creative gets, well, creative, that the midcard and midcard titles will gain any momentum.

Could he really, though? I'll leave this issue alone after this, but I just don't see that happening. He doesn't book the matches, he just goes out there and wrestles. His last IC title run was as pointless as every other IC title run since Cody Rhodes ended his long and entertaining reign a year ago. Christian is a solid hand in the ring to be sure, but he isn't a game changer in any way, shape, or form. It won't be until creative gets, well, creative, that the midcard and midcard titles will gain any momentum.

In my opinion good sir, anyone as versatile as Christian who can come in and work a solid match with almost anyone on a three hour program is quite valuable. You wouldn't have any interest in any of the following matches

Christian/Daniel Bryan
Barrett/Christian
Cesaro/Christian
Christian/Fandango
Christian/Insert wrestler here.

The guy can work. We're about to lose Y2J and another veteran wish consistent quality match on Raw or Smackdown isn't a gamechanger, but it makes the show better.

SO many good points on here! Christian cannot and does not have the luxury of waiting around for that golden opportunity to be handed to him. He is not Cena Punk Taker or HHH. I love me some Captain Charisma but for the last two years he has been shelved with injuries which is not his fault.

He has been a non-factor and the machine known as the WWE has been turning fine without him. Would Christian add some much needed excitement and feuds? Damn straight he would. But really right now WWE may not have anything for him. Its not a diss its the truth.

When the rock left Mania and took his plane and went home (Sorry i couldnt pass up that pun)he left WWE in a Mess. They had to quickly ditch plans and come up with new ones on the fly. But if Christian is waiting for that perfect plan keep waiting Jason Reso! Christian unfortunately is becoming a lot like Rey Mysterio is!

Awesome performer when he's in there but seems to be always injured and really not worth it. I wanna be wrong on Captain Charisma Just ONE MORE MATCH that feud that promo was pure gold. Who knows maybe he will surprise us all tonight on Raw with Cena reportedly being injured,Punk not returning for the foreseeable future,and the rock more than likely being gone till next year this would be the ideal night to bring back captain charisma

In my opinion good sir, anyone as versatile as Christian who can come in and work a solid match with almost anyone on a three hour program is quite valuable. You wouldn't have any interest in any of the following matches

Christian/Daniel Bryan
Barrett/Christian
Cesaro/Christian
Christian/Fandango
Christian/Insert wrestler here.

The guy can work. We're about to lose Y2J and another veteran wish consistent quality match on Raw or Smackdown isn't a gamechanger, but it makes the show better.

Okay, so I'm interested in the matches. Where does that get us? Nowhere. Christian isn't the only guy in that batch that can entertain in the ring. I'm seriously leaving this issue alone because Christian is more than likely coming back, so all of this is moot. I just said I don't care if he does come back or not, and that he's not a game changer. True and true.

Take out Christian and you've got all those combinations of midcarders you just mentioned, minus a past-his-prime Christian eating up 50% of the equation. A win over Christian doesn't mean anything. Tell me the last guy Christian elevated by putting him over. Actually, don't even bother trying, because like I said, this discussion is moot, and the answer is "nobody" anyway.

Christian is one of my favorite performers of all time. i recognize and freely admit that he's not one of the best, most-talented, most-over, biggest draws in the history of professional wrestling. just saying that he's one of my personal favorites. and he's very talented. if you don't believe me, check out his accomplishments:

1. won a title in his debut match
2. won almost every title available to him -- light heavyweight, hardcore, european, intercontinental, tag team and world heavyweight titles -- in the biggest wrestling company in the world
3. feuded with major top names, including Cena, Jericho, Edge, RVD, Sheamus, Orton, Taker and Rock, over those titles
4. is part of what is considered by many the greatest tag team division in the history of professional wrestling
5. with partner Edge, as well as the Hardy and Dudley Boys, took tag team wrestling to a whole new level, not to mention what these teams did for ladder matches, table matches, tlc matches, cage matches, etc
6. was given his own interview segment to display his excellent mic work
7. inducted his best friend into the HOF

this list is not exhaustive either. this guy has done a whole lot for the company and the sport in general.

quite frankly, i think now is the best time in the world for the Instant Classic to return. Rock is hurt and making movies, Brock and Triple H are both part-time and working what i can only imagine is their last program together, Jericho is touring with his band, Mysterio is injured, Taker looks to be working a short program before he goes off tv again, Punk is taking time off to heal up, Cena is injured and there are four former world champions -- Orton, Sheamus, Mark Henry & Big Show -- that are all tied up with each other and away from the title scene.

not only that, but Ziggler is the current world champion and in a program with Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio. Christian would fit right in with those three guys. in fact, Christian won his first world title in a match against Del Rio, so there's some history there.

Christian isn't the biggest fish in the pond, but he's one of the most versatile and highest decorated. i'm looking forward to his return and hope that it's sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back