• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where does Goldust go

That Zon Kid

Dark Match Winner
Goldust has a job now after he won the tag match at Battleground. But what is he supposed to do now. Before he left he was a joke and stole the million dollar title from Ted Dibiase. I would like to see him as a more serious Goldust, so he could help build up other people. Let me know what you think.

For the most part, I always liked the Goldust character. Up until the pairing they did with Luna Vachon and the whole S&M thing, I liked it. The feuds with Razor Ramon, Roddy Piper, classic and solid upper mid card work. I would like to see him put back into a serious mid card role like that again. I like Santino, but having him fills the comic relief roll on the roster, so put Goldust and his experience to better use. Give him a run at the US or the IC belt, but leave the comedy at home. A run at the US belt could be tied in with the win him and Cody had at Battleground, or a "Thats MY IC belt" type run could be a good start too..

I think it's a little late for Goldust to make serious waves in the WWE. He thrives on his comedy gimmick, I don't know why anyone would want to take that away from him.

What he is probably going to do is job to a few people that need the win, and possibly get a tag team title run with the brother that has more potential, Cody. I don't see much for him right now, but hell, they might come up with something.

I don't think we're gonna see a lot of the comedic aspects of Goldust's character with his return to WWE. A major point of interest in this angle has been the involvement of the Rhodes Family as a whole. Just because Goldust now has his job back doesn't mean that he & Cody are simply going to go about their business separately. After all, The Rhodes have thumbed their nose at the authority of Triple H & Stephanie McMahon. Trips & Stephanie are, pretty much, at a point where their characters have developed a God Complex, they view their word & their opinion on whatever as infallible and anyone who voices or shows disagreement is to be punished.

In all honesty, I think the best route for Goldust at this point would be to continue to tag with Cody for a while. While their victory not only gave them their jobs back, they also got the best of The Shield and that's been a pretty rare occurrence in matches. I'd like to see them go after the tag titles for a while, which makes sense to me because I just don't see this rivalry with The Shield going away after a single match, nor will Triple H & Stephanie stand idly by as The Rhodes openly defy them by having the gall to actually win.

I don't think there is an obvious place for Goldust. I can see them keeping this feud with HHH and The Shield for another month or so. Remember, that could take us to Survivor Series meaning there is only 4 PPVs till Mania. 1 is the Royal Rumble so it isn't that difficult to fight a program for Goldust. Thereafter, a feud with Cody could be a possibility. Leading into Wrestlemania they could make it personal and have Goldust irritated by the fact that Cody was always the favourite.

I would be interested in seeing Goldust have a couple of matches with Curtis Axel. We know that Goldust was a great Intercontinental Champion and they could have a decent match. Axel doesn't have an obvious feud and Goldust is an upgrade from R-Truth.

Well, Alberto Del Rio needs a new challenger. Cody and Sandow could use an extra catalyst to bring their feud to the next level. The World Heavyweight Championship is probably going to switch hands before Damien cashes in anyway, so...

Maybe Goldust can help out with this somehow?

Well. Goldust should enter a feud with Ambrose for the US Title. It keeps the Rhodes family in the Corporation feud, and rewards Goldust for stepping in and preforming to the level he did. Obviously he doesn't win the belt, but he could give Dean Ambrose a run for his money.

Survivor Series should see The Shield, Randy Orton and Big Show vs Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, and a couple of other people that get involved. This could be where Big Show really turns on The Corporation.

I expect Goldust to finish up with a US Title feud, and the Cortporation feud and go out against Cody at Mania.

I can see Goldust and Cody teaming through HIAC, Survivor Series and TLC in various matches against The Shield. Apparently his contract runs until Mania 30 so I can see the match he wanted with Cody finally happening, there is a great backstory there that will be enhanced by the current storyline for newer fans, and I think the match would deliver.

OMG.. why does everyone just assume that goldust will be a jobber?? He has all the skills to be a VERY good WHC. His pedigree alone makes him eligible to be considered. His contract status shouldn't matter. They can and probably will resign him. He is getting over right now and VKM knows how to milk a nickel from every wrestler. Just because he was a comedy jobber at one point doesn't mean he can have real value and meaning to current story lines.

Goldust has had a good showing this year in his few appearances thus far. They did a good job building him back up with the vignettes and a couple high profile matches hes had. I think a eventual feud with Codey could be good after the feud with the new regime is over. Maybe turn Codey back heel and have him call Goldust a freak and a disgrace to the Rhodes name and legacy.

I don't think he's there just to be a comedy act, although the man is versatile enough to incorporate some funny stuff once in a while. I think his re-hiring is a coda to his career as an active performer; a last run in the ring that will probably lead to a backstage position with the company. There's no telling whether he has the mind for a front office job, but he could (and has) worked as a trainer.

In the meantime, it's pleasing to see how trim he looks, even in that stupid gold & black outfit, and how well he can still move around the ring. He may be there chiefly to put over younger talent, and a guy with his past fame could be a nice steppingstone for young performers on their way up.

Finally, Dustin is there to help Cody, who's never been able to attain top status by himself, despite numerous programs being written for him. Perhaps Goldust can aid the process, either by teaming with Cody..... or turning against him and working a brother vs. brother feud.

Either way, I'm glad Dustin is back. There's a place for him.

Of course, all this presumes he is really back, and the whole PPV deal wasn't just a way to get Cody his job back.

I think the best way to use Goldust is to try and keep him in tag teams. He always got the most success in the tag division and they could use him to build other characters up alongside him. The nostalgia pops will obviously benefit anyone he tags with and given his extra credibility in tag competition, people he jobs to will get a bigger boost too. But there is always the managerial route too if it was ever decided ring work isn't for him now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back