• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where did all the faces go, and who steps up now?

KillBill

Getting Noticed By Management
Batista has turned heel, and with Escobar and Macyntire joining the roster, all of a sudden, theres a ton of heels. So the question is, will someone turn face, or will a face step up?

I don't really see any heel right now that can turn face, so I think that idea is out the window. However, I think this would be a great opportunity for Hardy or R-Truth to get a shot. Morrison is US champ, so he may be a little while away. I may be the only one that likes Truth, but after all this time, with the same act, he is still wayyy over. I'd like to see him get into a fued with CM Punk, that would be very interesting, especially with the promo. And Vince, push Matt. He won't fuck up, and he's paid his dues, I would love to see him pushed to th ME, if would be refreshing.

Thoughts?

Morrison is US champ, so he may be a little while away.
Don't know if you forgot or not, but Morrison is IC champ. The Miz is US champ. Remeber when Matt Hardy was ECW champ? Well you should cherish those moments because that is most likely the last time you will see him in the main event. Ever since his feud with Jeff, he really hasn't gotten any kind of push. I like Matt,but WWE just doesn't seem to want to push him. I would love to see R-Truth get a push, but I remeber reading a while back that WWE officials didn't want to give him a push because of his age. Maybe Batista turned heel so that an upcoming feud with Taker will be more interesting. And who knows, maybe were in for a long run with Taker as WHC? If there are more heels to feud with the main face on Smackdown, it will make the WHC feuds more fun to watch. Besides R-truth, Matt Hardy, and John Morrison(who seems to be in the middle of a long run as IC champ) what other faces on Smackdown could be in the main event? Charlie Haas? Slam Master J? No.

As much as I like Matt Hardy Vince won't ever push him to the ME and I have no idea why and this goes back to even before Jeff got into legal trouble. He may not have been as spot monkey or perhaps as popular as Jeff, but he was just as talented if not more then Jeff then again he was never given the push his brother got, heck I was even surprised he was a part of the SD Team at Bragging Rights. But to answer your question as to who steps up now I can say John Morrison has got to be the next ME in line for a strong push. He is the IC champ and besides Undertaker and Rey Mysterio who else is left? Finlay and R-Truth come to mind but I don't see them getting that push. I can see Edge returning as huge babyface though when he returns just beacsue he's been away for a such a long time fans actually miss him I know I do. Lastly if a heel were to turn face I'd have to go with Dolph Ziggler or the Hart Dyanasty. Dolph's got a nice look to him, he's young and he does get a crowd reaction. The Harts well, that's self explanitory Davey Boy's son, Jim Neidhart's daughter, Tyson Kidd all part of the famous Hart Clan they can be good babyfaces they already have the famous Hart name and it would be nice too see that one day especially if and when Bret does return for a couple of appearances.

Well I want either Matt Hardy or John Morrison to step up (which seem to be the most popular choices). A Matt Hardy, CM Punk feud seems like the most obvious choice for Matt to go up, simply due to the Heat gained from CM Punk ending Jeff. But due to Jeff's legal troubles, i'm sure they do not want a possible future main eventer to go into a feud where hes defending Jeff Hardy's honour. I think a good feud for Matt to get into would be against Chris Jericho. We all know how great Jericho is at being a heel, he definatly one of the greatest to ever enter the WWE. The way i'd have it go down would be Jericho losing the titles which is bound to happen, and yea part ways with the Big Show. And then have him come out and say Show was all muscle and no brains, he wasn't worthy of partnering with Jericho and etc, the he can go on to say hes still in the tag title hunt but he needs a new partner and he wants one of the all time tag team greats Matt Hardy. But then Matt says he doesn't like Chris, he won;t partner with him and etc, Matt doesn't really need to win the feud, but its still alot better than any recent program with Matt (Mcintrye and Escobar). Or of course there is John Morrison. Sadly John suffered a loss to the Miz which really hurts him, the loser of that match was really gonna get hit hard. But I reckon we could keep the IC title on Morrison for a while, Have him take on all comers and basically make it seem like theres noone in the Mid card that can defeat the IC Champ. Then with CM Punk as the World Champ, have them feud with each other. Of course the whole IC Champion Challenging the World Champ has been done before, but theres no reason it can' happen again

Well they can always start pushing Finley. I mean he is way better as a heel then a face but with smackdown lacking faces maybe its perfect timing to push him. I mean r truth and matt hardy are going to get pushed since they are real over regardless. Maybe they should bring back charlie Haas is old gimmick and push him as face.

Just some Ideas.

By looking at those who have been featured more prominently or receiving pushes in recent weeks does seem to favour having more heels than faces. But I can guarantee you that there are faces on the roster that can easily be used for the heels to work with and help them become elevated somewhere at least. Most of the faces on the SmackDown roster are only used from time to time such as Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki and Slam Master J... whose main purposes are to help out the other heel talent.

I wouldn't worry too much as the whole roster is basically filled with midcarders and a few main event level talents. So, you can basically pair any two wrestlers together and form a feud without people stopping to ask "why does he deserve this push?" The men's division isn't a worry at the moment, but it wouldn't hurt to switch one heel's alignment to a face. The main problem right now is the Diva's and their issues with too many heels. All you have is Mickie James (and Maria wherever she went) against Lalya, Phoenix, McCool and Natalya... which I am pretty sure they are going to turn Phoenix face to even out the talents.

SmackDown is producing great shows week in week out, so a small imbalance between heels and faces won't stop them from figuring out something to get by until the next major draft. There are still Edge and Great Khali to think of as when they return both will most likely become faces and even out the playing field.

Hard to tell really. Maybe they'll transfer some people over. Who knows? I'd love to see Matt get a push but because Vince is Vince I doubt it's gonna happen. I can see Undertaker definitely being shoved down our throats and Rey too. I'd ike to see R-Truth step up as well..

On Smackdown right now the only faces capable of holding the world title are Taker and Mysterio. Taker is not capable as a reliable champ. He's getting up there and you shouldn't have announcements saying the champion will be there tonight. When you become the champ you got to be able to go out there every SD (and now Raw since he's facing Big Show) and be able to be in a match or at least be there.

Morrison could step up to a heel champion but he's got that IC title strapped around him. As long as he's got it then were going to see Taker having a shaky title reign or Mysterio and Batista fighting over the title.

It's bad that smackdown can't find a contender to their own champion. They dropped the ball on both shows for a midcard heel to step up to the Face champions.

This opens up the door for possibilites.
You can Push Rey in this feud against Batista as the mega face ,or wwe would be wise and give Matt,R-Truth more time to shine and improve in new roles.

I dont know,but I wouldnt mind seeing Finlay be utilised in the face scene. Having Finlay step in with Rey against Batistas actions could be great.
I also love the Batista Heel turn. Itll reinvorce the audience who were behind him in his evolution days before he turned face, and not only that we have two dominant top heels for the roster to work against in CM Punk and Batista.

Heals -

Batista
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Kane
Dolph Ziggler
Mike Knox
Drew McIntyre
Eric Escobar
Heart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd+David Hart Smith)

Faces -

The Undertaker
Edge
Rey Mysterio
The Great Khali
John Morrison
Matt Hardy
R-Truth
Finlay
Crime Time (Shad+JTG)

+ a few jobbers (sorry Charlie Haas, you used to be good, but now your a jobber imo)

That’s what I remember anyway, and it seems like a pretty balanced roster to me. The only problem is that two of the World title contender "faces" (although why WWE insists on using Kahli is beyond us all) are out injured, and Rey is, well, a pretty poor "Heavy weight world champion" contender. So that leaves you the 4 midcarders John Morrison, Matt Hardy, R-Truth, and Finlay, hopefully Matt well get the push, but we all know its unlikely, personally I'm not a fan of Finley, so that leaves either R-Truth or Morrison, either of which seem able to make it big, but I think they both need a large amount of building up before they are ready. I think if either of these guys get the belt, it will be a punk reign 1...mark 2...if you know what I mean :p

Here’s hoping WWE does something right for once though :D

Matt Hardy or R Truth or both for the love of God. Matt is a hard worker and Truth has some nice skills. Put them in the spot and see how it goes. Both are over with the fans, and Matts fanbase is as strong as ever.

Great question, and I think the WWE doesn't even know how to answer that. Thus, we see Big Show/Jericho/Taker title match at SS.

How do you solve it? Bring Christian up from ECW, and turn Edge face when he returns as some sort of revenge plot against Jericho. As for existing SD guys, push Hardy and see what R Truth is made of.

Rey is a veteran and although he is a smaller guy, he'd work well for the short term while someone else is built up and all that to take his place. Rey is a multiple time champion and is over with the fans and everyone knows him. The guy may not be the most believable contender or champion, but it'll work for the short term.

Well, assuming that Edge comes back as a face, then we will see a roster that is fairly even in that department. Morrison is clearly being pushed heavily as a face, The Undertaker is around, as is Rey Mysterio. The way I see it, Batista came from nowhere really and was an added bonus, and Edge will take Punk's face spot. That leaves only Hardy who hasn't been replaced, but enter his brother to a higher level, and he will be soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back