Midcard Faces?

CultOfPersonality

Occasional Pre-Show
I was reading the latest article suggesting that Sheamus was due for a heel turn some time soon, and it got me thinking - where have all the midcard faces gone?

If Sheamus goes, that would leave (of guys who we see regularly on TV) - Big E, Dolph Ziggler, RVD, Cody and Goldust, The Shield and The Usos.

Obviously Cody and Goldust and the Usos are tied up in tag-teams, whilst the Shield are in a main event feud with Evolution. Then you have RVD who is on a limited contract - so that literally only leaves Big E and Dolph as the current TV midcard faces.

I guess Adam Rose is going to come in as a face, but I can see him on the lower midcard with Santino, Fandango and the like. Who is available to feud for the IC and US titles?

Heels are fine, so much so that they're able to trot out no less than 11 midcard heels to face off against The Shield, but if Barrett wins on Sunday and Dean Ambrose drops the US title soon (which I expect him to do), there is really a lack of guys to put into feuds for the belts.

Is there anyone they could turn face and have in midcard feuds for the belts?

Both Mid Card Championship will most likely combine sometime this year, which leads 1 championship for all the mid carders to feud for it will make it more important and maybe can be worldheavyweight championship version 2.

As far as the Mid Card

Bad News Barrett
Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio
Sheamus
Big Show
Mark Henry
Bray Wyatt
The shield

Thats more than enough guys to make the mid card division fine, wwe has to much talent as it is, not to mention bo dallas & adam rose will be debuting soon, and rusev is almost mid card level

Sami Zayne & Adrian will debut very soon as well most likely so the mid card is in good hands for sure.

Also people are forgetting that Big E is also a face who although hasn't been used much will probably be getting more time now that he's actually lost the title. Also, Cesaro I'd call a tweener right now seeing as he gets a reaction but it's rather inconsistent. But as mentioned Adam Rose is this Monday, Bo Dallas can be a face maybe as well it's never too late to turn a guy like Fandango and elevate him a bit.

Hm, so basically which midcard heels to turn? OK that sounds like fun

Swagger - I'm honestly interested to see how he would do as a face. Zeb is more than skilled enough on the mic to get cheers out of people and Swagger has some nice moves in his arsenal to get some pops. Not like he's done anything as a heel in ages so why not.

Sandow - Another why not situation since he's pretty much bottom of the barrel as a heel. (You know you're there when you're wrestling in a terrible Magneto costume) I don't see him competing for a title anytime soon but I would like to see how he handles the mic as a face.

Titus O Neil - His heel turn has gotten him nowhere really fast, so it wouldn't be a loss to change him back. Especially since he gotten better reactions during his face PTP run. Not saying to put PTP back together but I'm sure turning him face would be better than where he is now.

Actually in WWE right now, it seems that the mid carders don't even matter anymore. There are a lot of main-eventers now; the show is opened by top-carders, the final hour mostly has top-carders. The mid-carders are only fillers in the show, people wait until the time passes and the main-eventers appear. Not many care about whether these C+ players are heels or faces or whatever, and rightfully so. Most of them are simply boring. So the WWE is right in focussing more on the wrestlers that actually draw fans, rather than waste time on building the guys that either failed at the top or doesn't seem likely to ever make it to the top. The mid-carders simply don't matter enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back