When the fuck did Forrest Griffin become the greatest ground fighter in MMA history?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Because, on UFC Undisputed 2010, he is. My god I'm playing on the fucking BEGINNERS mode in my career (because I hate having to work to win things on a video game), and he takes me down at will, reverses all of my ground transitions, and I can never get him off of me. He submits me as soon as he puts in a submission.

So I ask you...

When the fuck did Forrest Griffin become the greatest ground fighter in MMA history?

Dana Whites' bias towards the guy, so he gives him great attributes?

When you gonna get to my name change? It's been like a week. Or is it taken?

Thanks Sly, I didn't want to bother you, being a busy guy and all.

Shit just about everyone is a ground game genius just on Experienced difficulty. I have to fight just to avoid submitting. Getting the ground transitions to work is a bitch as well.

Griffin is actually supposed to be very good on the ground...he just doesn't...do it.

Wait till you fight Anderson Silva and his Black Hole Clinch. Fuckin' stupidest thing in video gaming history.

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

I just fought like a bitch the entire 5 rounds, taking him down, hitting with like three punches to the face, before he'd transition me off of him.

I literally did that for 5 rounds...except for the last minute, when I kicked him in the head with my left front foot and knocked his ass out.

I've never been so enthused about winning a fight on beginner level.

Yeah, Forrest has a reputation from his training partners as being tremendous on the ground, but we haven't seen much of it. Though, Forrest is one of only two people to ever tap out Shogun, so he's definitely got some skills there. It's just a shame we don't get to see it more often.

Yeah, Forrest has a reputation from his training partners as being tremendous on the ground, but we haven't seen much of it. Though, Forrest is one of only two people to ever tap out Shogun, so he's definitely got some skills there. It's just a shame we don't get to see it more often.
It was unreal though, even Royce Gracie wasn't tapping out people the way Forrest was kicking my ass.

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

I just fought like a bitch the entire 5 rounds, taking him down, hitting with like three punches to the face, before he'd transition me off of him.

I literally did that for 5 rounds...except for the last minute, when I kicked him in the head with my left front foot and knocked his ass out.

I've never been so enthused about winning a fight on beginner level.

One of my favorite strategies to troll people with online.

In my first go-around, I'm getting pwnd on the ppv's. My stats are crap because I didn't realise about how they decrease. On my second go, the stats are better but I have learnt no new moves and my cardio/strength/speed aren't as high as they should be.

I think the stat reduction is quite harsh but the game as a whole is tough albeit quite good. I hope I dont lose interest in this version like I did 2009.

I can't fucking beat Cain Velasquez. He's the champion, he's beating the shit out of me. I'm the #1 contender. HOW THE FUCK AM I GETTING DESTROYED BY CAIN?!?!!
"Watch out for his ground game, work on takedown defense." Then I get knocked out.

I bet you Tito still has the best ground game in the thing. Cunt was nigh on impossible to beat on the first one. Got him on the third try.

I think the stat reduction is quite harsh

I agree. I think there needs to be a limit higher than 70 on stats. I mean, if BJ Penn went three months without training his Jiu-Jitsu, are we really expected to believe he'd go from one of the best in the world to an average Jiu-Jitsu practioner? Because that's what happens on the game.

You can go from 100 to 70 in like a three month span. It's stupid.

Griffin wasn't hard, neither was Silva. I beat them both in under 2 minutes. A good technique is repeatedly elbowing in close range. Works every time for me and they're rocked in a few seconds.

What's everyones win/loss records so far? Mine is 33/9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back