• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When My Computer Melted

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Which it did. The only time it got turned off was if there was a power cut. I lost all of the Jake archives. A complete list and review of every PPV by WWE, ECW, WCW and TNA. Shit took me years to compile, now it's all gone.

Yes I am a geek, but it's still really sad.

Yeah turn it off. It fucks up your desk.

I was always told turning your computer off hurt it more, and was more costly through electricity.

A.) I was told via the hurting it more part that computers have a "sleep mode" and thats the safe way of allowing them to run, without shutting them down.

B.) The only reason I was ever given for restarting/shutting them down, was if they froze (naturally) or if you were defragging (sp?) them.

Which it did. The only time it got turned off was if there was a power cut. I lost all of the Jake archives. A complete list and review of every PPV by WWE, ECW, WCW and TNA. Shit took me years to compile, now it's all gone.

Yes I am a geek, but it's still really sad.
I wonder if you mean litterally MELTED, because you could remove the hard drive, put it in another computer, and get all your shit. That is, IF the hard drive is still okay.

They sell, for like 12 bucks American, a cable that you can use to turn a normally internal hard drive into an external USB drive. You could then connect it to another computer, which I assume you have being you're still posting ;), and grab the data off it.

Just a suggestion. Also, in the future, BACK UP YOUR STUFF, dude! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back