When Is Hogan Coming Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread wasnt asking if Hogan is a legend of course he is. But as far as him coming back to the WWE I hope the hell not. The WWE doesnt need him in any capacity whatsoever. If he came back what exactly would he do? He can't wrestler so you can't put him over an up and coming talent that would be just bad. His ego has become bigger than wrestling itself and it is getting annoying. Everyone knows what he did in the 80's and 90's but that was then this is now and personally i'd like to move on to the next guys who are going to take wrestling up to the next level and do there thing.

So Hogan has been in the business for a long time that doesnt mean he knows whats best for the business at all. He was never known for his wrestling skill and that is half the reason TNA right now are where they are cause him and bischoff arent allowing the guys who actually can wrestle to do their thing. Instead we are stuck watching botch spot monkey Jeff Hardy screw up every other move and his brother who simply sucks and that is all there is to it. We have to watch this Jeff Jarrett and Karen Angle marrage crap and waste a great talent Like Kurt Angle in this stupid storyline which has no appeal or value to the show. We barely see Samoa Joe who has gobs more talent than the Hardy's and Anderson do. Pope isn't on as much as I'd like to see him. Hogan has TNA so screwed up right now I dont want him even mentioning the WWE's name.

If TNA doesn't became a huge success in the next few years or maybe sooner. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to WWE in some capacity I really doubt he would ever wrestle if he did come back. He's stated before that his TNA contract allows him or Dixie Carter to end it at anytime if one or both of them if they choose to.

Hogan was only put over so much on that DVD because he was a huge part of the success of the first nine Wrestlemanias. There would be no point to even make the DVD. Wrestlemania wouldn't have looked as important if Hogan wasn't mentioned much or if they buried him since he played a major part in making it a phenomenon.

I think Vince despite having personal issues with Hogan put that aside. To show how much he appreciated what Hogan had done for him. WWE owns all the footage for everyone that has ever worked for them. It's in their contract they didn't need Hogan's or anyone else permission either.

Hogan will be a famous face of WWF and WCW BUT he is and forever will be a mediocre wrestler.... Ohh a leg drop as a finisher...

I honestly think that WWE is done with Hogan. I can't see him returning for a final match etc etc... cause isn't he a wwe hall of famer? 2005 inducted..... It seems to me that it is done and dusted.....

I can't seem them using him for anything UNLESS a tough enough role.

yes the leg drop ahha. the thing is that he was soo over with everyone. no matter what he will be what a wrestlers tries to be as of being over with the fans. i dont think there will ever be one like him.

there is no way that he will be able to be around the wwe unless it is behind the scenes or on a very rare showing. he would not be able to wrestle anymore since all his surgeries. and the wwe doesnt want to waste their time having him have a bs match that the only reason people want to watch is because its hogan but will change it right after the match starts.

I hope to god Hogan never comes home, he doesn't deserve the pleasure of performing in front of thousands and thousands of wrestling fans night in and night out. He doesn't deserve the paycheck of a Legends Contract from a company he doesn't even respect. He does deserve the failure that his stint in TNA is producing, and he does deserve the lack of spotlight on him right now as Rock and Austin headline WrestleMania27

I hope to god Hogan never comes home, he doesn't deserve the pleasure of performing in front of thousands and thousands of wrestling fans night in and night out. He doesn't deserve the paycheck of a Legends Contract from a company he doesn't even respect. He does deserve the failure that his stint in TNA is producing, and he does deserve the lack of spotlight on him right now as Rock and Austin headline WrestleMania27

Love him or hate him and trust me even as a big fan I've been disenfranchised with Hulk Hogan at times. However, what you just said and what you think about what he deserves and doesn't deserve is a pretty strong stance to have.

If you wanna talk about people who don't respect institutions or organization's look no further than the individual who's emblazoned on your avatar, Randy Orton. That guy didn't like being a United States Marine so he went AWOL and spit in the face of an organization he swore to serve proudly and faithfully. I myself served an eight year enlistment and got out honorably so just keep this in mind next time you're so critical of someone like Hogan when someone you're a fan of is someone that can be criticized on a much better basis than the one you provided in your anti-Hogan stance.

I understand you could care less for Hulk Hogan but just the same Hogan is not the first and certainly not the last to badmouth WWE and come back to work for them and to be honest he's been a lot tamer in his criticisms than people like Honky Tonk Man and Bret Hart who have come back to work with Vince countless times.

Hulk Hogan love him or hate him, and an ego charged individual he is that is true but just the same whether he comes back to WWE is not for you or me to decide on an individual basis. It's up to how the majority of fans feel, and I got a good feeling if Hogan were to leave TNA today he would be very well received back into the promotion.

And for those talking about how this guy should give it up and not get in the ring and embarrass himself any further, well he hasn't wrestled in just a little over a year now, I think that says something about how he perceives his role in the business at this present time. And yes I know back surgeries are holding him back, but it's obvious he's not stupid enough to try to tempt fate.

In all seriousness, I would rather see The Hurricane return more than I would like to see Hulk Hogan return.

He's a traitor like Ric Flair and Foley, and took a dump on the E when they left.

All of their careers would have been much much much more prestigeous if they didn't retire, accept inductionship into WWE's grand HOF then jump ships to another wrestling company and resume competing. To me that erased any form of loyalty and respect I feel they had.

So no, I would NOT like to see Hogan return. Give us Sting instead. Hell, give us Angle, Styles or RVD instead.

I think Hogan can still be useful in small doses. I wouldnt mind if he made a cameo or was a guest host or something like that. It might be interesting to see how he interacted with the top stars of WWE today like Cena, Miz, Punk.

But at the same time WWE has already milked him for all hes worth. They have had a nWo reunion, a autobiography, DVDs, HOF, T Shirts. They can still use his name in there DVDs and Video games without him being under contract.

So I think he could be useful if he is marketed right but at the same time hes not needed.

First off, let me say that i like Hogan since his NWO days in WCW.:worship: With that aside, could he come back to WWE? Maybe as we all know, never say never in the wrestling world. the only problem with that statement, is that if and i mean if Hogan has a match in TNA against who ever is his opponent he might die.:disappointed:

OK, I didn't read any post after the first one, so I'm assuming most of what I'm going to say has been said dozens of times before.

Hulk Hogan is a gigantic part of the WWE history and that can't be denied. The WWE doesn't even try it. They show a video package of Edge's greatest hits and they include Edge winning the Tag titles with the Hulk.
There is simply no way to tell the story of Wrestlemania without mentioning Hulk Hogan. It would be a total farce without him. It's like the history of America without George Washington.

Add to that Hulk Hogans reputation NOWADAYS. He may have been pure gold then, but NOW??? These days whenever he shows his face or opens his mouth he diminishes his legacy. His comments regarding Edge. His comments about Japan. For God's sake he literally published a clip of himself taking a crap. Why should the WWE fear Hogan's TNA association? I can't think of one reason. So they give Hogan the credit he's due with no risk of fearing the competition. Makes perfect sense to me.

When is Hogan coming home? As a wrestler, hopefully never. In any other capacity - who knows. I've learned to never say never, but honestly, he's not needed anymore. He ruined that.

Hogan offers nothing to the current WWE other than this DVD... The reality is that Hogan destroyed what legacy he had in the business when he signed with TNA... He had an opportunity to leave the biz with class, he chose not to... he chased the dollars every time and it backfired.

In his prime, amazing... now not far short of pathetic in my eyes and not cos I am a hater, just I can't reconcile the man who made wrestling big in my childhood to the hobbling, broken man I see today...

It is sad... but I look at guys like Chris Jericho and The Rock as the ones I look up to most now, guys who got out at the right time but can still dabble... with their health...

Hogan's home was always where the luchre was... from the AWA to the WWF to Hollywood to WCW to WWE To TNA.. follow the money... sad...very sad... but very true...
Y2J is coming back after dancing with the stars, from what I hear atleast.

On the subject, I was never honestly a fan of hogan but I like what he has given to the wwe but currently don't really care for the whole immortal deal he's doing over at TNA. Would I like to see him back in wwe? Doesn't really matter to me anymore, he's sorta built his boat and is floating down the river already.

I see we're your both coming from..
However do you think Vince would take Hulk back? I know so many people have said "Never say never" but I think Vince is such a generous man.

I know he place a different character on-screen but every WWE Superstar has thanked Vince for what hes done, not just that but in the memorial of Eddie Guererro for example they did show a few backstage clips of Eddie & Vince that did look genuine.

I personally think Vince would take Hulk back.. not just as a wrestler but a possible merchandiser sale.. When I'm on youtube and I here his music I still get excited and wish I could see him walk down the WWE ramp again. I also feel Vince would take sympathy on Hulk seeing as hes basically lost everything.. and he in a way did give Vince everything.. he built the WWE back in the 80's.

I'm a firm believer that Hulk Hogan will never be employed by Vince McMahon ever again.

Hogan has ruined his chances again and again, and I think him going to TNA to try to go against Vince is the last straw.

Sure, Hogan is the biggest face in the history of this business. But, it's 2011. The fan's have moved on from Hulk Hogan, we now have a respectable human-being in John Cena as our top face, and Hogan will contribute nothing to the company today.

If he was going back to WWE, he would not have went to TNA. He burned his last bridge with McMahon IMO. I would be shocked to hear his song in a WWE arena again.

I'm a firm believer that Hulk Hogan will never be employed by Vince McMahon ever again.

According to Hulk, Vince wants the rights to the Hulkamania Trade Mark.. (which he DOESN'T own) for this reason alone, we will see Hogan be with Vince again. Hell we saw Bret Fucking Hart back in a WWE ring.. NEVER say NEVER.. there is no bridge burnt with Vince by anyone.
*(unless your name is Lex Luger or Macho Man.) <.<

The man even tarnished the Warrior with a DVD burring him.. and STILL offered him a Hall of Fame spot last year...

again...

NEVER say NEVER.. when you say burnt a bridge.. I say WHAT BRIDGE??? considering his past already.

Hogan WILL be back in the WWE again.. if even for just a legends deal.

According to Hulk, Vince wants the rights to the Hulkamania Trade Mark.. (which he DOESN'T own) for this reason alone, we will see Hogan be with Vince again. Hell we saw Bret Fucking Hart back in a WWE ring.. NEVER say NEVER.. there is no bridge burnt with Vince by anyone.
*(unless your name is Lex Luger or Macho Man.) <.<

The man even tarnished the Warrior with a DVD burring him.. and STILL offered him a Hall of Fame spot last year...

again...

NEVER say NEVER.. when you say burnt a bridge.. I say WHAT BRIDGE??? considering his past already.

Hogan WILL be back in the WWE again.. if even for just a legends deal.

True, never say never.

But still, what would Hogan bring ot the table. He can't wrestle anymore. Hell, he can barely walk anymore.

The guy's an old bitter man. The stuff he said about Edge, how he bashes WWE on Twitter and on TNA, and how he's just plain senile. What does having a 60 year old guy who can't wrestle, and is gonna want more money than your top drawing talent, do for WWE.

True, never say never.

But still, what would Hogan bring ot the table. He can't wrestle anymore. Hell, he can barely walk anymore.

The guy's an old bitter man. The stuff he said about Edge, how he bashes WWE on Twitter and on TNA, and how he's just plain senile. What does having a 60 year old guy who can't wrestle, and is gonna want more money than your top drawing talent, do for WWE.

In the hands of Vince, Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania will always draw.. also Vince wants the Hulkamania trademark. He can sell stuff for just that .. I won't say Hogan will WRESTLE in the WWE again.. (even though if he did it would be with Cena only I would imagine) but Vince will hire hogan back in a heartbeat.. simpley because he knows how to use him and how to have "hulkamania" sell.. its legit that is what Vince wants .. not so much Hulk Hogan, but "Hulkamania".. which is what lead to hogan going to TNA, he felt that he wasn't ready to hang them up yet and believes that he can still make another wrestling promotion to #1. (regardless if its true or not.. its how he feels given his success in AWA, WWF, and WCW) to day that Vince would never hire Hogan back is simply obserd. To think that he needs him to WRESTLE is even more obserd.. I am sure Vince will know how to make money from Hogan without needing him to appear to wrestle.

Vince + Hogan = magic.. simple equation.. I think the new generation of fans truly undervalue this.

They last thing WWE needs now is for hulk hogan to come back, especially now. A lot of people are giving him heat for his edge comments and if he came back now, he would not get the pop other legends usually get when they return. He should wait until his heat blows over, that is, if it ever does.

Hulk Hogan could come back as the Raw GM and use the heat to his advantage. A face GM is not as entertaining in my opinion anyway. He is brilliant on the mic (maybe the best).

I would hardly call Hogan the best ever on the mic.. Yappa pie! He can barely get a sentence out sometimes... If you think I was just the right gay, guy, at the right place, at the wrong, right time.. He is entertaining but by no means is he the best.

Well I would put him right up there with the best..lots of charisma, makes you belive him most of the time. Just watching his heel turn promo in WCW shows how good he is on the mic. Yeah, he makes mistakes..maybe more now than ever but despite how how you rank him on the mic you can't deny he has ability in that department. I would rather him work the mic as a GM than get back in the ring anyway. A lot of people would just rather not see him back at all but I actually would like him back just not wrestling.

I gave you the point that he was entertaining, no need to over-argue that one. But why waste valuable airtime on a guy no one wants to see actually wrestle? It's counterproductive to the youth push that WWE is currently going with. I won't complain if they bring him back (again) and trot him out there every week for the cheap pop (again) but I certainly won't celebrate the fact that he's taking tv time away from young talented guys who are still trying to get over.

Lets hope and pray Hogan never shows his face in the WWE ever again. Below average wrestler, who was known for no-selling moves, and having a rather good and entertaining GIMMICK but thats it. I don't think people want to hear Hogan talk about how great he is and how he made wrestling. I remember on TNA he said "tell me the next time you slam a 500 lb giant, bruther!" to Anderson. Funny thing of it is, slamming someone that heavy doesn't make you a good wrestler. I've lost almost all respect in Hogan so I really don't care if he comes "home" or not. He's too busy contributing to the destruction of TNA.

I hope by "Home" the thread starter is referring to Hogan returning to the earth, because I don't every want to see him in the WWE again. Hogan should of gave up professional wrestling when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Flair should of followed suite and done the exact same thing.

What purpose do you serve a company when you can barely make it down to the ring on your own? Hogan cant wrestle, and wouldn't put over any younger talent if he could still be active in the ring, so again what purpose would he serve? Does anyone really want to see Cena carry Hogan in a match? hell I don't want to see Cena carry Rock in a match.

Hogan has done nothing in TNA but ruin it, bringing him in was a huge mistake. Before Hogan and Bishoff got involved with TNA I was a fan, and they ruined the entire company trying to recreate 1999 WCW. Hogan should do himself and the world a favor and RETIRE for good.

Hogan needs WWE more than WWE needs Hogan. It's been stated many times before, WWE is focused on the younger talent and doesn't want old stars.
Hogan's body is beat down and mostly metallic. 1 more surgery and he will be the 6 million dollar man but a much older version.
Sure, people would turn on the TV to watch him. I won't deny he would bring some ratings in but not the longer term ratings WWE wants. Bringing him in would certainly push the new talent, the talent that's been working hard to get attention (miz, morrison, kofi, wade, sheamus, etc) aside.

Although the roster is weak I don't want to see Hogan return. It's just my personal opinion of course.

1. vince can only us footage if him hulk signs sings a licencing likeness contract or whatever

2. hulk could only do that if tna allowed him to sign contracts having to do w media vids n toys and shit which they did (in his current contract)

3. totally agree w your last point lol

1. Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon DID sign such a contract. Hogan signed over a ten year deal to Vince and the WWE just before going to TNA claiming that WWE can still use his name.

2. Wrong. Pre-signed agreements are bound by law and can only be overturned if both parties agree to such. Since Hogan is in the mania DVD, I'd say Vince hasn't.

3. Again, i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back