• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When Did You Start Watching

We have a thread asking why we started watching wrestling, but I'm curious as to when everyone started.

Which year?
How old were you?

Late 1989, and I was 5 years old. I don't think I completely had a grasp on what was happening until I was 7 or 8, but I remember what/who I was watching.

1997, I was three but was coming on four. I probably remember it so well because my brothers were obsessed with it at the time.

First thing I saw was the Montreal Screwjob.

Can't remember when I was younger. Couldn't even give an estimate.

I started seriously when I was 16. Last few days of 2009. Hornswoggle was strapped to a skateboard. I'll never forget...

As I said in the previous thread, I started to watch the night of the Lesnar/Big Show ring collapse which was in 2003. I was 14 I believe.

Sometime in 2003 but after having no cable for awhile I missed out on about a year or so. Got back into it in 05 and have been hooked since.

I started watching in 1996, I was five at the time. The thing I remember most was the debut of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

2009, and the thing I remember most is how much I hated Legacy with their feud against Cena. I don't remember the exact date, but it was in the summer.

2003, watching the build up for Survivor Series 2003 which is still one of my favourite pay per views.

I was 10 at the time.

I was around 6 yrs old I think, in the late 70's. My cousin was into it and we were like best friends so I got into as well. Some local store in SC was doing a Grand Opening and had Ric Flair there, we got to meet him and it was pretty cool. I didn't get hardcore into watching it until around 1983, right before Hogan won the WWF title from the Iron Shiek. I I have been hooked ever since.

2007, I was 16. I played the video games when I was younger, though. I liked Hulk Hogan and The Giant the best.

Sometime in 1986 thanks to Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling. I was six or seven years old.

I mainly watched Prime Time and Superstars, Saturday Night's Main Event, PPV's, etc. I don't recall watching Rock 'n' Wrestling, and if I did, I was like two years old. There was another show I watched in the late 80's/early 90's, I think it was Wrestling Challenge.

As far as WCW, I would watch Saturday Night each week, Main Event, and when it was on, Clash of the Champions. There were other television programs, no doubt, I just can't remember. I don't think I watched a live WCW PPV until 1996.

2002, I was 12 and the first thing I ever saw on wwe programming was The Rock challenging Hogan to their match at Mania X8.

2003, I was 8 years old. First thing I remember seeing was Kane being crashed into the tractor trailer by Shane McMahon. It was...interesting to my 8 year-old fan to say the least. I remember wanting to see Kane kill Shane after that, which is how he became my favorite even though he was a heel. I have since looked up his older stuff and realized how good he was.

Started watching with my Grandfather in 1978 I was 6yrs old but didn't really catch wrestling fever till 1981 when I saw the new version of Hulk Hogan as a face in the AWA and how the crowd was going crazy for him, the year before (1980) he was a super heel in the WWF.

I mainly watched Prime Time and Superstars, Saturday Night's Main Event, PPV's, etc. I don't recall watching Rock 'n' Wrestling, and if I did, I was like two years old. There was another show I watched in the late 80's/early 90's, I think it was Wrestling Challenge.

As far as WCW, I would watch Saturday Night each week, Main Event, and when it was on, Clash of the Champions. There were other television programs, no doubt, I just can't remember. I don't think I watched a live WCW PPV until 1996.

You may already know this, but judging by your post I'm not sure. Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling was a saturday morning cartoon show that featured the top wrestlers of the time. It was just a cheesy 80s cartoon but I loved it. When I found out these cartoon characters were real people I became a fan of WWF.

January of 2008. It was the night after the Royal Rumble.

I had known about wrestling all of my life but after playing Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 I decided to check it out on tv. When I did, I was hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back