• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When are we finally going to see....

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
Jeff Hardy defend the TNA "Immortal" Title against Rob Van Dam?!

I was just catching up on some TNA and it clicked into my head that since RVD returned from injury, he has not had a title shot! I mean, he never lost the title so he should've recieved a shot right away. Instead we see this Hardy/Morgan/Anderson triangle within the title picture. The night Hardy turned heel, didn't he smash RVD across the face with the belt? RVD doesn't want revenge? I understand that RVD has his fued with Rhyno and all but c'mon. Anyways, I just hope this fued is gonna start soon because these two have had some good matches together back in WWE and I think it can draw alot of viewers if they were facing each other for the World Title.

Let me know what you think...

Yes, RVD wants revenge. He stated so publicly himself, but he was also preoccupied with the EV2.0 angle the last two months now.

I'd imagine RVD gets his shot in an upcoming month when they can wrap EV2 up completely and move RVD back into the main event.

Hopefully. It just seems like they've made Hardy not that important to RVD. I mean, you'd think he wants serious obsessive revenge on Hardy for getting Abyss to fuck him up the way he did, pretty much stealing his title, and then smashing it across his face...

I know the fued will happen, let's just hope they do it right...

I think that we will see feud real soon and I think it has not happened yet because they are trying to build this feud slowly and I also think they are saving this match for one of the bigger PPV's like Lockdown or Slammiversary. We will see this eventually and I think they will have some Very Good matches together.

It is part of the storyline. Remember kayfabe immortal has been running the show since Hardy got the belt so if he doesn't want to face RVD he isn't going to have to. They are purposely delaying to build it up the some for when it finally does happen. The backstory is certainly there but I think some might be growing less interested in RVD and because of that I would be a little more interested in Anderson personally. Not sure what is going to happen but I think I see a successful minifeud against Anderson then on to the RVD showdown.

I would imagine that the EV2.0 angle is a good way to keep the title on Jeff a little bit longer before they give RVD another shot. There would be no reason to give the title to Hardy only to have him lose it as soon as RVD got back, nor would it make sense for Hardy to defend a title that's not even his. By waiting, at least they can get the fact that the title is actually RVD's out of people's minds.

I don't think RVD is even gonna take the title off Hardy lol I just think the fued needs to happen before RVD doesn't mean as much in TNA. Honestly, I think a babyface AJ Styles is gonna be the one who takes the title off Hardy once Fortune turns on Immortal. But that's another topic lol

I think that with the whole criticism that TNA got for putting the title on RVD so quickly that this time around, they are doing more build up. I mean you know he hates Hardy. You know he hates immortal. The way it seems to be mapped out is that they are putting alot of obstacles in his path to keep him distracted like the EV2 angle and then the mini-feud with Rhino. It's like when Austin worked his way up to Bret Hart during the Austin/Hart Family feud back in the WWF. He went through lower tiered members first and then by the time he got up Hart, he had a bigger following and it meant more putting the title on him. I don't doubt that they are doing the same thing with RVD in order to build up anticipation and interest and make the title reign mean more and looked more planned out by the time he gets the title back around his waist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back