• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's your game of the year 2011?

Im a Sports guy so i love sports gaming. I love NBA 2K12. Its has better controls then other years, its easier to use the post. I love the class of legends: MJ, Magic, Bird, Wilt (Even though I wished that they had Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley.) I love to play the classic teams against today's teams. My favorite player has to be Dennis Rodman, I love to grab rebounds and play tough post Defense.

I'm going with Batman: Arkham City. To me, Arkham Asylum set the bar for superhero video games, and when I though that they couldn't make it better, Rocksteady made Arkham City and knocked it out of the park. An honorable mention goes to Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm a huge fan of the series. I loved Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword didn't disappoint.

Skyrim IMO. I put so many hours into it and I was totally immersed. The graphics were great and the world seemed real. Great game, but I wouldn't trust my opinion I didn't get alot of new games in 2011.

Forza 4 far and away. I don't play shooters or fantasy games or anything like that, they simply don't appeal to me in any way. I do however love racing games because I am a huge car buff and Forza 4 takes the cake, even over Gran Tourismo 5. The online play is excellent, the graphics are excellent, the controls are excellent, the selection of cars is unparalleled, customization is appropriate to the different types of cars (for instance you can't rice out a Ferrari, but a Honda gets the full treatment). I have yet to find a flaw in this game. It's by far the best racing game ever made and I can't imagine how they will top this.

Wow... so many great choices, even I am hard pressed to pick just one. I am surprised no one mentioned MLB The Show 11... I thought that was an incredible game as it was my first baseball game in ages. The controls worked well and it just had a realistic feel to it. Arkham City and Mw3 are my other choices. If forced to choose one, I'm going with the Show over MW3 because I'm still partial to Black Ops lol

Can't believe I missed this thread.

I honestly think picking a GOTY for last year was difficult:

I think I'm going to have to choose Portal 2 though, short snappy and just as good as the original, Portal 2 was awesome.

Honourable Mentions:
  • Minecraft
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Uncharted 3
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Gears of War 3
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Saints Row: The Third

Yeah, last year was a good year for games in general. Games that would normally ease into a top ten got edged out by even better games, I had included L.A. Noire in the list until I remembered LoZ. My only criticism there is about last year is the total lack of original IP, the only game in that list that isn't a sequel of some kind is Minecraft. I imagine that fresh IP will not come about until the Xbox 720/Wii U/PlayStation 4 come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back