• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remember Me

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
[YOUTUBE]tN2sANZ9UhU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1uL84jWdCps[/YOUTUBE]

Uh yeah, this game is right down my alley. It's like Uncharted, Deus Ex, and Assassin's Creed had a threesome and somehow had a baby with the DNA of all the partners and then that baby grew up and had a quickie with Heavy Rain.

This is scheduled to be released May 2013, so it's a ways off still but plenty of time for fine tuning and polish to be put on. One thing I did notice, is that the mini map seemed to be fairly limited during the gameplay trailer. It seems remixing memories is just one part of the game play obviously, but that does seem like an extremely interesting game concept. Remixing a target's memory is more or less a puzzle so it'll be interesting to see what kind of complex situations they can come up with. I'm not entirely sure about the combat, I'm sure it'll become more clear once a trailer for that is released, I'm assuming it'll be more of a hit and run/stealth style combat, almost a mix of Deus Ex and Assassin's Creed.

The atmosphere is great already in my opinion. I love cyberpunk fiction and games so my interest is already piqued at the potential this game has. The theme is fairly dark as well when you consider what changing someone's memories can cause, as you saw in the gameplay demo. I'm wondering if there will be times if you can choose to alter a memory or not, or even change the memory to a completely different result then what was requested.

Needless to say this game definitely has jumped onto my most anticipated list alongside the well received Watch Dogs, which has a cyberpunk feel to it in its own right.

This leads to a couple questions.

1. Based on the limited amount of video that Capcom has revealed, is this a game you would be interested in? What features would you like to see in a game of this nature?

2. This is more of an arcing question overall, but what do you think of the increase in Cyberpunk themes in video games? There have been cult classics in the cyberpunk genre in the past but is this going to become a trend? With games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution performing well and a couple more games coming out in the near future with a similar theme, I'd like to think that we'll see something like a cyberpunk renaissance in video games. Hell someone go dig up the rights to Blade Runner and let's remake that into something outstanding as well.

First off I wanna say its weird not having you around the fed Ty. Hope things are going well.

I remember reading about this game in Game Informer some time back and it looked pretty solid. I do worry that since this is coming down the pipe so close to Resident Evil 6, they have not have put as much stock into it as they should, but Capcom delivers for me more often than not.

While I'm not a huge fan of cyberpunk, there is a lot of potential in the genre, especially when it comes to gaming. Deus Ex Human Revolution was kind of a let down for me, but it wasn't a bad game, and if it kick starts some solid games along these lines then I'll be happy.

This game does look rather good - I saw a clip on giant bomb a little while ago. I know where Yazloz is coming from with Deus Ex, I found the game to be awesome but the boss fights were anticlimactic to say the least. They really took the shine off Deus Ex for me.

Remember me looks fantastic, really looking forward to how it pans out and hoping that it becomes a must buy rather than a "meh, if you rent it you won't miss out"

First off I wanna say its weird not having you around the fed Ty. Hope things are going well.

I'll still be around a bit, just as a fan reading RP's and shows. You can't get rid of me that easily :).

I remember reading about this game in Game Informer some time back and it looked pretty solid. I do worry that since this is coming down the pipe so close to Resident Evil 6, they have not have put as much stock into it as they should, but Capcom delivers for me more often than not.

I don't think the timing is a concern. RE6 comes out in a couple months while Remember Me isn't due to be released until May 2013 so I don't think that will be a conflict of interest. Capcom is a solid company, other then when it comes to Mega Man (still pissed about Mega Man Legends 3 being cancelled). Irregardless they'll be on a roll, with RE6 being released soon, the new Devil May Cry game coming out at the beginning of 2013, and if Remember Me delivers in May that'll be two big name games being released along with a brand new entry that I think could be a big hit.

While I'm not a huge fan of cyberpunk, there is a lot of potential in the genre, especially when it comes to gaming. Deus Ex Human Revolution was kind of a let down for me, but it wasn't a bad game, and if it kick starts some solid games along these lines then I'll be happy.

I do think Cyberpunk has the potential to add quite a bit. We've had many futuristic games made, but sometimes those can have a lackluster story. What I like about the cyberpunk genre is that they're typically set in the near future rather then way out, so you mix in some high technology with a setting and story that is far more relevant to today compared to a story set 1000 years into the future. Not to mention the central theme of conflict between the low life and high tech culture clashes (Deus Ex for example having the argument between having augmentations or keeping your body completely natural) gives writers plenty of options for the storyline of a game.

I know the boss fights in Deus Ex killed the flow of the game. I can't deny that. I know the producers have already gone on record to say they made a major mistake by outsourcing the boss fights without giving any real indication how they should go. That's a small issue in my eyes when everything else in the game was a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back