What's up with R-Truth

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
So R-Truth, if I remember correctly, was the first challenger added to the ladder match at Mania but since then he hasn't had a match or been involved physically in matches with the other competitors. We've had 6 man tag matches but R-Truth is always on commentary. I mean he is actually entertaining on commentary and with him sneaking around stealing the title, i'm enjoying that but why hasn't he had a match or been involved more physically in this story?

I get the impression WWE is somehow trying to set up R-Truth to look like the dark horse for this match. You know, someone who doesn't appear to have a much of a chance on the surface that's had a lot of emphasis placed on that by making it appear as though he's not really taking this whole thing seriously. As a result, Truth might wind up delivering a brilliant performance in the match due to the other competitors and fans not taking him seriously as a challenger.

If that's the route they're going, I've got no problem with it. In the grand scheme of things, it might be the best route to take since Truth's in this match. Truth hasn't been relevant for a couple of years now, not since his tag team with The Miz went south a few years back, and he's slipped back into his old babyface role. Since that time, he's primarily been a mid-card jobber that nobody views as a threat.

If WWE goes for some sort of "I bet you didn't see that coming" ending by having Truth win at WrestleMania, I doubt many will be all that happy with it. He might get a big pop if the match is strong and he looks particularly strong during it if he wins, but I think that enthusiasm will die down once fans get past the initial shock of him coming out on top because of his irrelevance. I'd say the vast majority of dirt sheet writers will be up WWE's collective ass ridiculing the choice, which would be understandable in this situation, because they, just like legions of fans, want to see some prestige restored to the Intercontinental Championship and it's not something that strikes them as very likely to happen by putting the title on a guy that's spent the vast majority of his time in WWE as a harmless, mid-card jobber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back