• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Next For Orton?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
F4WOnline.com is reporting that Randy Orton's next scheduled feud is set to be against The Big Show. Regarding Orton's current feud with Bryan, the report indicates that there'll be one more match between them after Battleground at Hell in a Cell.

I see a couple of ways that this could go. The first way is that Orton comes out of his feud with Bryan as WWE Champion by either winning the title this Sunday and successfully defending it against Bryan at HIAC or with a screwjob ending at Battleground and Orton coming out on top at HIAC. Shortly afterward, something happens that causes Show to snap and finally rebels against Triple H while, somehow, working his way into the title picture.

The second way is pretty much the same as the first scenario only with Bryan ultimately coming out as WWE Champion. He could win at Battleground and successfully defend against Orton at HIAC or the screwjob ending and the decisive win at HIAC. Big Show could also snap at HIAC for some reason and wind up doing something that helps cost Randy Orton the match.

If it's the first scenario, it's going to be a HUGE disappointment for a lot of fans and a MASSIVE misfire on WWE's part, in my opinion. Bryan's insanely over right now and his popularity has done nothing but grow over the course of the last two years. I don't think anyone can provide any compelling evidence or arguments to suggest that Orton or Big Show would generate more interest from fans as WWE Champion at this point in time. The report made no mention of Orton being WWE Champion during this feud, it made no mention of the title at all apart from Orton's current program with Bryan. However, that's no guarantee that Orton won't be champion either.

Man, both these scenarios pretty much sum up why I'm so disinterested in the WWE right now. Randy Orton / Big Show? Its back to limbo for Orton. And DB, yeah he's popular. He's also incredibly boring. Everything after Summerslam has been a misfire. Fine, the "Yes" chants are loud, but other than that what are we getting here? A goofy little guy who gets beat down every time he enters the ring? I know, wait for the pay off. Only the payoff is that he beats a guy who he's already beaten. Maybe! And he's not very sympathetic either. His promos come of as entitled and disgruntled. He's that guy at work that bitches about his job all day and then wonders why he's not getting a promotion. This whole thing is very similar to the start of CM Punk's big run. He's completely overshadowed by the other players in this story and just comes off as irritating. Well that's my opinion anyway.

Orton vs. Big Show is fine since I am assuming it's just a filler feud to hold off something better for Randy Orton when the WM build up starts. Of course problem is what is "better"? Thing is Bryan, Punk, and Cena are safe and guaranteed to have a big match at WM where as Orton doesn't.

I am looking at the money feuds Orton can do and it seems like Bryan, Cena, and Punk are out of the question because he's worked with them before. Sure Punk and Orton can still be milked but their last WM encounter was so recent and it wasn't exactly a big money feud.

The best option I can see Randy Orton face at WM is The Rock and that's if (and that's a big IF) Rock agrees to participate. The 2nd best option is Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes in a stipulation match of sorts, it's a lot further down from Rock/Orton but if they can't find a top guy for Orton to work with maybe it makes sense for a nice build to help elevate Cody Rhodes.

Great thread! i wanna see orton go over bryan as wwe championship.
and hhh/bryan have a feud. and cm punk feud with orton for the belt.
i dont understand why everyone suspects bryan going over. i hope bryan doesnt go over, i know i may get slam for saying this but i feel daniel bryan has been a b plus "literally" through his whole career. i agree with the storyline segments daniel is a good wrestler but i cant ever see bryan being that guy who you wanna run your company. theres nothing wrong with being a top guy just not the top. rey mysterio is a good example one of the most overated and best respected star i ever seen. thats how i see bryan. bryan's a star. but i don't think bryan is the next big thing. sorry if i offend anyone but thats my opinion.

Alright, here is what I think:
I enjoy Bryan's wrestling a lot, I think he has been the best in ring performer in a long time. That being said, his promo abilities still need to get worked a bit, in the form he has to be a bit more creative, a la Punk. That being said, I think Bryan kinda lost his buzz at this time. Don't get me wrong, he is insanely over and the place explodes everytime he comes out, but he lost the "first timer's fire" when he competed against Cena. It is like we know he can now beat anyone (he can beat Cena, he can beat Orton etc), so he isn't that much of an underdog anymore. HHH steals much of the spotlight and tries to get the attention on him so much that overshadows the title at many points.
With that in mind, they haven't given much time in the Bryan vs Orton feud to develop by itself, instead of HHH pulling the strings. Personally, as JackHammer said, the WWE title could end up in either guy's hands and then Big Show will feud with Orton. But, Bryan not getting the title at this moment wouldn't be a killer for him. He is so over, so as long as he keeps himself in a top tier feud, (possibly even a match with HHH, or a 5 on 5 tag elimination at SS vs HHH), I think he will still be hot. Bryan has proved himself as a top guy and if he isn't thrown into some random mid card feud at the moment, so that he can keep his fire going, then he won't have a problem. About Orton, I don't know what this can mean though. If he loses the title and ends up feuding with Show in a random 1 on 1 match at any PPV, then it would be a big let down for Orton. Personally, I respect Show for everything he has done, but he shouldn't be involved in major storylines. His matches aren't that good for the most part (slow etc), and I think it would make the feud uninteresting in general. If those two could feud over the title, then I can see it making things slightly more interesting, but we know that there is no way in hell that Show will win the title.

Bottom line is that Big Show vs Orton is bad for business. I don't know what feud they can insert Show in, but the best utilization is that he teams up with Mark Henry, they take the tag titles of the Shield. Then they keep the titles and have a good run with them, before losing them and retiring or something. As far as Shield goes, they would slowly disband after this, leading up to a triple threat match at WM, with the winner getting a championship shot or something. And about Orton, all the scenarios are open, for Bryan the same, as we have to know what Cena and Cm Punk will do in the future.

Other reports I've seen suggest an Orton/Punk feud for the title. I agree with everybody who says that just becuz Daniel Bryan is over doesnt mean he should be the champ. For all the great matches he puts on he still seems to be missing that final piece to the puzzle becuz IMO he's a mixed bag. His personality and mic skills where better when he was the little irratating heel but his size forever makes him the underdog. He's just not belivable as a top face.

Getting back to Orton, I honestly think over the past few weeks we have gotten a subtly glimpse as to who the current really is supposed to be putting over. With him going back to being the viper in the long run I think Randy gets more out of this than DBry. Face without this feud a Punk/Orton feud would be useless becuz Pubk would clearly be the superior superstar which as being the babyface he shouldnt be. Now if this feud happens the two would be on somewhat more of an equal ground as terms of superstar ranking. Plus Orton wouldnt have to carry the heel end on his own becuz he would still have the backing of Trips and Steph. This could set up the feud to be a modern day Stone Cold vs The McMahon/Corporation. Punk is the perfect person to play a Stone Cold type character who does and says what he wants while Orton is the perfect guy to play the corporation Rock as he basically sits in the background and reaps the benifits of having the boss backing. This could be a great feud to hold them over till Cena returns or even till wrestlemania.

The problem is that they don't have enough main event talent. I've been saying it for a while now, the WWE need to solve that problem. The only guys who can legit compete for the WWE title are Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. The Big Show vs Randy Orton has already been done this year and would just be a re-hash.

This is typically a down time in WWE around that October period.

I hope he doesn't feud with Big Show-he is so boring, and this whole storyline of him being forced to knock out people and crying about it is dumb. His flips from face to heel must be some kind of record. Orton vs. Rhodes would be much more interesting.

i don't wanna see orton in a feud,
i wanna see orton take some time off,
and come back as a heel. and actually have matches that don't look strained.
randy orton is gotta be exhausted night after night wrestling.
give the man a break!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back