• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Wrestling Event Are You Currently Watching?

Daniel

Of Ace Stevens fame.
I have no idea whether this will catch on but I thought it might be fun. Basically, if you're watching a wrestling event or match and want to talk about it, post it in here.

I'm currently watching the culmination of WrestleMania 17. Austin vs. Rock is an incredible match. I've got about 20 minutes left and then I might watch WrestleMania 3 because I've heard Savage vs. Steamboat is amazing.

How about you?

I've done this thread before. "What do you think of the last match you watched?"

Didn't catch on.

Last match I watched was Foley vs. Flair from SummerSlam 2006. Easily one of my top five SummerSlam matches. It's a shame nobody else ranks it.

Generally, WrestleMania 17 was a brilliant PPV. TLC 2, Undertaker vs. Triple H and Austin vs. Rock are all incredible matches. Jericho vs. Regal could've been great if given a bit longer and Angle vs. Benoit was almost great.

I'll be honest, the only real negative (barring the gimmick battle royale) for me was the heel turn. Unnecessary ref bump and went on a bit too long. Although JR sold the shit out of it which was nice to see. You don't get that level of emotion from the announcers nowadays.

I picked up Slammiversary 2009, The Undertaker's Deadliest Matches & Triple H The King of Kings yesterday as they were all on sale for $13.

So far I've watched Slammiversary. Sometimes I use the notes on my Ipod to score PPVs & I've done tht with this so here's the score.

Each match/extra was rated individually and I then averaged them

EXTRAS: 7/10
MATCHES: 7.9/10
TOTAL: 7.45/10

The score suggests that it was an alright PPV, but it sucked. Best match was the X Division King of the Mountain.

just watched Friday Night Smackdown

but sometimes when I get bored right now I am watching the Raws from 1997-1999 .. I started watching in 1999, so its fun to see the years leading up to when I started watching and then relive the first year I watched.

Currently going into a PPV called Revenge of the Taker in 1997 where Taker Vs Foley are feuding for the WWE Title.

I don't dig the whole show, but that's some of the best Cena-Edge action you'll ever get and Flair vs. Foley is a legit classic in my book.

Lately I've been watching Backlash '04. Overall it isn't that great of a pay per view, but Foley vs. Orton is a brutal match that only continued to solidify Orton and the Wrestlemania XX, Triple Threat Re-Match is unbelievably good. Chris Jericho vs. Christian/Trish is kind of fun but not as good as Jericho/Christian from 'Mania XX. Other than that the card is kind of weak, but those three matches are worth watching for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back