what wrestlers had/has the best finisher ever

EADESER

Dark Match Winner
not sure if this is in the right thread so sorry if it's not, not sure where it goes.

So what wrestlers do you think had or has the best finishing moves ever

you may write all your favourite but put them in order of your favourite

1. Shawn michaels - sweet chin music
Have always loved this move, it's without a doubt my favourite finisher and I have always thought it was the best. It was so believable and genuinely looked like it hurt. The best thing about it is he could hit it from anywhere and hit it on anyone

2. petey williams- canadian destroyer
I'm not the biggest fan of his but still I think the move is amazing. people get excited when he hit's it

3. cm punk- gts
This move looks like it would knock you out in an instant. It looks cool and picking someone up and dropping them and smacking your knee into someones face is a very believeable finisher

4. undertaker- tombstone
I dont think i need to go into detail why it's a great finisher. IT fits his character it was such a evil and dangerous move driving someones head into the ground

5. triple h - pedigree
Always loved this move its a good finisher and can hit it on anyone

6. Stone cold - stunner
Great move that could be hit from anywhere

7. Randy orton- rko
this is a very good finisher, its quick and can be hit from anywhere

8. Rhino- gore
I think rhinos spear is better than goldberg and edges. it looks like it would snap someone in half when he hit it

9. kane- chokeslam
I always thought kane had the best chokeslam and when he hit a good chokeslam on someone it looked pain

10. samoa joe- muscle buster
I really like this move and joe makes it look really good.

11. Jeff hardy- swanton bomb
Always thought this was a great and exciting move

12. brock lesnar - f5
this move suited lesnar so much. he was a power house and could hit it
on anyone.

13. kevin nash - jackknife powerbomb
Always though nashs powerbomb was cool and because of his height he could lift ppl a lot highter and then drop them

14. dudley boyz- 3d
This has to be the best tag team finisher ever

15. rvd- 5 star frog splash
brilliant high flying move that rvd could hit from any part of the ring

16. Abyss- black hole slam
I think abyss does this move so good especially when he does it on
someone a lot smaller it looks like he is gonna kill them

Id say the Double rotation moonsault if we were talking Indies but I'll pick the Canadian destroyer.

Believe it or not that move can be hit from just as many places as sweet chin music. Plus it's one of the coolest looking mainstream wrestling moves ever. It always gained a huge reaction from the impact zone. Plus Petey always hit it super fast.

Excellent finishing maneuver

loved the Canadian destroyer.

Also the sweet chin music and RKO as they come out of nowhere.
The Chokeslam, F-5 , Pedigree.

My favorite finishing moves are (in no order):
Liontamer / Walls of Jericho
Breakdown
Codebreaker
Stone Cold Stunner
Million Dollar Dream
Rock Bottom
People’s Elbow
Angle Slam
Ankle Lock (especially with the grapevine)
Figure Four Leg Lock
Atomic Leg Drop

Hey, before yinz start rolling your eyes cuz I'm the ig Juatin Gabriel fan on here, hear me out.

Fav finishers:

Justin Gabriel- 450 Splash: This is my fav because when Justin hits it he hits it with a certain pop that drives the crowd nuts. Besides, this is a major damage for your ribcage. And the obvious

Evan Bourne- Shooting Star Press: I ask you, who in WWE or in TNA does this move or anything close to it? EXACTLY! It's new (ish) an no one else is using it, makin it Evan's. Besides, he flips through the air so COOL!!

Jeff Hardy- Swanton Bomb: He is the only guy who has enough balls to do a inisher that lands on his back. That hurts everyone way more than chest to chest. It's his tho (even tho Justin Gabriel used it once or twice [am I the only one who saw that?])

Randy Orton- RKO: This move is NOT original. It's been used before. But not like this guy does it. He'll RKO from the ropes, out of the blue, on top of a cage, hell he reversed number 2 (*points up*) into an RKO! That makes it impressive.

CHIKARA Special-originally Mike Quakenbush...now the signature move of CHIKARA wrestlers

The idea of a single sumbission hold being so popular among a hold promotion is amazing to me, If it's used by somone like Jigsaw, or one of the Colony outside of CHIKARA it gets a huge pop, I would love to see it used by a WWE wrestler our of nowhere.

The Shining Wizard- One of the most used moves.....mainly because A Lot of wrestlers played Fire Pro wrestling back in the day.

I am a huge fan of the Lighning Spiral by Yoshino(just watch the video above and you will agree)

and I am a huge fan of the Roaring Elbow. Sure it got huge when Misawa was doing it, but just watch a Chris Hero match and you will surely go "Ooooooo" everything you see it hit

Hey, before yinz start rolling your eyes cuz I'm the ig Juatin Gabriel fan on here, hear me out.

Fav finishers:

Justin Gabriel- 450 Splash: This is my fav because when Justin hits it he hits it with a certain pop that drives the crowd nuts. Besides, this is a major damage for your ribcage. And the obvious

Evan Bourne- Shooting Star Press: I ask you, who in WWE or in TNA does this move or anything close to it? EXACTLY! It's new (ish) an no one else is using it, makin it Evan's. Besides, he flips through the air so COOL!!

Jeff Hardy- Swanton Bomb: He is the only guy who has enough balls to do a inisher that lands on his back. That hurts everyone way more than chest to chest. It's his tho (even tho Justin Gabriel used it once or twice [am I the only one who saw that?])

Randy Orton- RKO: This move is NOT original. It's been used before. But not like this guy does it. He'll RKO from the ropes, out of the blue, on top of a cage, hell he reversed number 2 (*points up*) into an RKO! That makes it impressive.

The shooting star press isn't new Jushin Liger created it and Billy Kidman popularized it. Teddy Hart and many others have done it.
Mike Quackenbush does the senton bomb/swanton much better.
You should check out Jack Evans' 630 senton, Kota Ibushi's
phoenix splash{ corkscrew 450}, M-Dog 20(he was on tough enough} 's corkscrew ssp elbow drop, Pac's corkscrew ssp and Aero Stars inverted ssp and 450 splash, you are missing out.

I think my favourite finisher right now has to be the RKO. It's a brilliant move. Whether Randy hits it out of nowhere or if he builds up to it it gets a big reaction from the crowd. He can hit the move from anywhere at any time which makes the move even better. One of the best moments of 2010 came from an RKO, that being when Evan Borune went for Air Bourne and Randy caught him on the way down with the RKO.

As for the best move ever I think that has to go to the Swanton, it isn't my favourite move right now because we haven't seen it for a while. But as for why the Swanton is my favourite move ever I think a big reason is that my favourite wrestler of all time preforms the move that wrestler being Jeff Hardy. You don't see too many moves off the turnbuckle that has the wrestler landing on his back, so it's unique. Also we've seen Jeff hit the move from some insane places.

I always liked the Rock Bottom and Sweet Chin Music. The Razor's Edge was always cool too. It looked really unique, though it was the kind of move you can't do on heavier wrestlers.

I also like the high impact moves like the Big Boot (most hilarious move every time. Just kicking them in the mouth) and the Clothesline from Hell. I didn't like Stone Cold very much, but the stunner was a really cool finisher too.

Whether it's the best finisher or not, it's probably the most over.

Which more or less equates to it being the best, so yeah.

I think a large part of the appeal of the best finishers are related to a small number of criteria, which if you look at the most over finshers, they all share similar structures. Here are the things which I believe, make the best finishers the best:

1) Short with next to no set up required
The move can be hit unexpectedly, which often produces a far more excited reaction than a move with a longer setup. Although, sometimes longer setups build more tension and also lead to a great reaction. See Rock Bottom vs. People's Elbow, or Randy's "The viper is coiled!" RKOs vs. his "Outta Nowhere!" RKOs.

2) Can be performed from a multitude of positions
Because it adds even more 'Outta Nowhere!" factor. RKO, Orton's learned to counter aerial moves into that shit. Which frankly, is awesome. This alone puts it right up there with the best finishers. Also, he can do it from the mat or standing.

3) Relatively simple follow-through from a recognisable clutch
Yes, we love Sin Cara's crazy tilt-a-whirl headscissor whatever, but the best finishers are the most easily recognisable and simple maneuvers. Compare Sin Cara with Evan Bourne. Bourne has a better finisher. Shooting Star Press is rarely done and although difficult to actually perform, is pretty simple in terms of its shape. Again, see Stunner, AA, Rock Bottom, RKO.

Having a recognisable clutch to start the move, which is not frequently used in other moves very much, also helps. See the double underhook to start the Pedigree. I also think this gave McCool one of the most recognisable Diva finishers, in spite of it being a Styles move. How many other moves in WWE start with a double underhook these days? The Future Shock, and that's probably it.

4) Looks like it makes an impact/inflicts strain
The 'strain' is for submission finishers really. This is obvious, but important. A finisher needs to look painful.

5) NAME OF POWER!
I'm gonna use newcomer Jinder Mahal here. His finisher is a Full Nelson slam - Excellent choice, it's not often done in WWE, it's short, easily recognisable, impactive, and people were already reacting to it by like his third squash match. However, Josh and Cole keep saying 'Oh, here's that maneuver again!" Which needs to change because it can't go on being 'that maneuver' forever.

Names of Power should either help a wrestler's gimmick, or enforce that the wrestler has worked on making his version of the move more devastating. Remember, Alberto doesn't do an armbar, he does an 'armbreaker'. If not that, then the name should at least make the move stand out. A lot of people don't like Wade's Wasteland, but at least it has a much cooler name than 'Front-falling Fireman's Carry Slam'.

So yeah, the RKO is probably one of the best, if not the best, finishers right now, because it fulfills all of these things. It's short, quick, hits the mat fast, and although it's just a cutter, it's got a name of power, which separates it from other cutters. No fancy stuff but can go into long setup if necessary.

Quoted myself from a couple of months back because I couldn't be bothered to type it all out again. It had basically turned into a non-spam version of this thread by the time I posted.

So in short, the RKO or the Stunner. That's not to say that other finishers aren't good; in fact, I'd promote a diversity of finisher styles in a fed which really relies upon diversity of style such as WWE. Aerials, submissions, slams, bombs, drivers ... yeah, anything which contains most of, preferably all, of the criteria I mentioned up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back